Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rest in peace your Majesty 18:34 - Sep 8 with 13235 viewsdarthvader

Devestated.

So glad she made it to see her Platinum Jubilee .

Thank you. Ma'am
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 18:52]

keep the faith coyr

Rest in peace your Majesty on 17:12 - Sep 9 with 2068 viewsBazza

The Queen passing deserves respect of course. She was a figurehead that’s all, not a role model or leader. Grieving is a emotional reacts or a personal choice.

There are a lot of comments here about tourist revenue. Simply an overstatement. I lived in USA and most comments I heard were akin to some magical being living in fairy castles. Well many of these castles are funded by us, certainly built by the labours or bravery of common folk - not earned by royals. Are even Royalists able to justify the huge number of royal properties and grace and favour homes? On tourism - just be aware many countries in Europe still have monarchies (and lots of tourists) but their royals are not seen on a huge pedestal for commoners to bow and scrape to.

Time for our country to move to the modern world.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 22:05 - Sep 9 with 1975 viewsSouthamptonfan

God bless your Majesty. Deeply sad and gutted.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:07 - Sep 9 with 1944 viewsChesham_Saint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 13:31 - Sep 9 by ElijahK

And you may wanna realise that many won’t necessarily think the same as yourself, as I don’t know if you’d classify yourself as a royalist or something, but ether way, not everyone may have the same levels of respect to her as you may.
And at the end of the day there is no blatant right or wrong answer to whether or not all these things should’ve been called off or not, so you shouldn’t criticise someone else just because they don’t think the same as you do.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 13:31]

My views aren’t the issue here. I was trying to point out that verbose posts time after time don’t get read. So well done on your last response (irrespective of content).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:33 - Sep 9 with 1932 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:07 - Sep 9 by Chesham_Saint

My views aren’t the issue here. I was trying to point out that verbose posts time after time don’t get read. So well done on your last response (irrespective of content).

I mean saintsforeverj kinda proves otherwise but whatever. Still seeing how many other sports are continuing this weekend (as I think it’s only boxing where they have like no fights on due to this) I stand by my original point as it really makes no sense at all of why they were called off, and even more so for next week if those games also get called off. As many fans could’ve shown their respects at the game, but can’t really at home, so calling these games off does nothing good at all.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 23:35]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Rest in peace your Majesty on 17:40 - Sep 10 with 1833 viewsSaintsforeverj

The funeral is next Monday and will be a bank holiday.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 17:57 - Sep 10 with 1817 viewsChesham_Saint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:33 - Sep 9 by ElijahK

I mean saintsforeverj kinda proves otherwise but whatever. Still seeing how many other sports are continuing this weekend (as I think it’s only boxing where they have like no fights on due to this) I stand by my original point as it really makes no sense at all of why they were called off, and even more so for next week if those games also get called off. As many fans could’ve shown their respects at the game, but can’t really at home, so calling these games off does nothing good at all.

I tend to agree with you, but this is a once in a hundred year event (if you add QE2 to likely KC3) so I can cope with it for a week.

Rest in peace your Majesty on 18:03 - Sep 10 with 1816 viewsBerber

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:33 - Sep 9 by ElijahK

You only have to read the other posts on here to see that YOU VIEW “It makes no sense” is an extreme minority view. The recent furores due to members of the Royal family should not detract from the very ancient and pertinent role of the monarch. The Queen, first and foremost was Head of State of our Union of Nations. Today, the new King gave an oath to hand over the decision making on how the country is run to Parliament, in return for funding via the Civic List. This was a fundamental and centuries old arrangement that has provided the core of why our nation has been so successful over centuries.

The late Queen was a perfect example of how to enact that role in changing times, setting an example of how supreme rulers need to be honest and full of integrity. The shenanigans in parliament in recent times (and the justified outrage in the populace at large) demonstrates exactly why elected heads of state should be avoided.

The majority of the nation value the solemnity of what is being enacted over a bit of frivolous excitement on a Saturday afternoon. There’s are occasions, and this is one, where the young have an opportunity to watch and learn.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 19:07 - Sep 10 with 1790 viewsSaintsforeverj

Rest in peace your Majesty on 17:57 - Sep 10 by Chesham_Saint

I tend to agree with you, but this is a once in a hundred year event (if you add QE2 to likely KC3) so I can cope with it for a week.

There are reasons though as well arn't there. Football games, especially the PL, require large police operations. Logic tells me next weekend will be the same. The police will be too busy, to police football games. They will have to start closing roads in London from next Saturday and preparing. They don't want a load of football fans in amongst the candles and vigils. The funeral will require massive security. People will start pitching up in London from Friday. It's just not sensible to have a load of football games going on during a massive world funeral.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Rest in peace your Majesty on 19:54 - Sep 10 with 1780 viewsChesham_Saint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 19:07 - Sep 10 by Saintsforeverj

There are reasons though as well arn't there. Football games, especially the PL, require large police operations. Logic tells me next weekend will be the same. The police will be too busy, to police football games. They will have to start closing roads in London from next Saturday and preparing. They don't want a load of football fans in amongst the candles and vigils. The funeral will require massive security. People will start pitching up in London from Friday. It's just not sensible to have a load of football games going on during a massive world funeral.

Good points. Makes even more sense now.

Rest in peace your Majesty on 21:58 - Sep 10 with 1753 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 18:03 - Sep 10 by Berber

You only have to read the other posts on here to see that YOU VIEW “It makes no sense” is an extreme minority view. The recent furores due to members of the Royal family should not detract from the very ancient and pertinent role of the monarch. The Queen, first and foremost was Head of State of our Union of Nations. Today, the new King gave an oath to hand over the decision making on how the country is run to Parliament, in return for funding via the Civic List. This was a fundamental and centuries old arrangement that has provided the core of why our nation has been so successful over centuries.

The late Queen was a perfect example of how to enact that role in changing times, setting an example of how supreme rulers need to be honest and full of integrity. The shenanigans in parliament in recent times (and the justified outrage in the populace at large) demonstrates exactly why elected heads of state should be avoided.

The majority of the nation value the solemnity of what is being enacted over a bit of frivolous excitement on a Saturday afternoon. There’s are occasions, and this is one, where the young have an opportunity to watch and learn.

You say extreme minority, but if we’re talking about just football fans (so those that don’t watch it are excluded) I wouldn’t say that those who don’t agree with it are in extreme minority, as yeah I’d agree they’re in minority, but not extreme, as many agree that fans could’ve shown their respects to the queen by what they could’ve done at the games, with both the home and away fans singing as one, hence why soo many are saying that’s what should happen next weekend (especially with other sports still being on).

But look what’s happened has happened, and it can’t be changed now, as there is no right or wrong answer as it’s all opinionated and both sides could have shown their respects to her, whether the games had or hadn’t gone ahead.

P.S I just like to write quite a lot of detail to save me having to write as much in the future

Rest in peace your Majesty on 08:31 - Sep 11 with 1693 viewssaint68

Rest in peace your Majesty on 21:58 - Sep 10 by ElijahK

You say extreme minority, but if we’re talking about just football fans (so those that don’t watch it are excluded) I wouldn’t say that those who don’t agree with it are in extreme minority, as yeah I’d agree they’re in minority, but not extreme, as many agree that fans could’ve shown their respects to the queen by what they could’ve done at the games, with both the home and away fans singing as one, hence why soo many are saying that’s what should happen next weekend (especially with other sports still being on).

But look what’s happened has happened, and it can’t be changed now, as there is no right or wrong answer as it’s all opinionated and both sides could have shown their respects to her, whether the games had or hadn’t gone ahead.

P.S I just like to write quite a lot of detail to save me having to write as much in the future

Can you elaborate, please!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:05 - Sep 11 with 1640 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Rest in peace your Majesty on 07:31 - Sep 9 by Heisenberg

Estimates are around 1 in 4 of us are republicans who do not want a monarchy. It’s sad when anyone dies and the Queen deserves the utmost respect. But this enforced media driven everyone must be devastated agenda is totally over the top. Every channel spouting the same stuff over and over again. As for football I would put money on the Queen wanting everyone to get on with things and would recognise people still need to earn a living and do the day to day things they need to do. As with Diana it’s all media driven nonsense. Thank god I’m not in the country for the next few weeks and can reflect on the Queens passing without Nicholas feckin Witchall droning on and on and on for days on end.

Viva La Republic !!!

Just watch that figure shrink now that Charles is King. He won't be able to help himself, and will be going on about the great reset opportunity and dabbling into all sorts of political issues.

My guess is that he will make such a balls-up, that William could end up being 'dovetailed in' to save the monarchy down the line.

It's going to be hilarious IMHO

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:20 - Sep 11 with 1632 viewsJaySaint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 07:31 - Sep 9 by Heisenberg

Estimates are around 1 in 4 of us are republicans who do not want a monarchy. It’s sad when anyone dies and the Queen deserves the utmost respect. But this enforced media driven everyone must be devastated agenda is totally over the top. Every channel spouting the same stuff over and over again. As for football I would put money on the Queen wanting everyone to get on with things and would recognise people still need to earn a living and do the day to day things they need to do. As with Diana it’s all media driven nonsense. Thank god I’m not in the country for the next few weeks and can reflect on the Queens passing without Nicholas feckin Witchall droning on and on and on for days on end.

Viva La Republic !!!

President Boris Johnson would have been a lovely thing for us who vote Tory

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:45 - Sep 11 with 1610 viewsBazza

Rest in peace your Majesty on 18:03 - Sep 10 by Berber

Can you explain why you think the Civil List could possibly be ‘the core of why our nation has been so successful over centuries ‘ ? It’s current mostly used to pay the staff salaries. Think you have on your Royalist specs and have escaped from reality.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 11:33 - Sep 11 with 1582 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 08:31 - Sep 11 by saint68

Can you elaborate, please!!

Elaborate on what, how many football fans did want this/next weekend to go ahead? As if that’s it then just simply look at some of the threads on hear about it or all the posts about it on social media as yeah I’d agree they are probably in the minority, but not the extreme as many wanted the games to go ahead and hope that they will do so next weekend

Rest in peace your Majesty on 11:49 - Sep 11 with 1565 viewsJaySaint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 11:33 - Sep 11 by ElijahK

Elaborate on what, how many football fans did want this/next weekend to go ahead? As if that’s it then just simply look at some of the threads on hear about it or all the posts about it on social media as yeah I’d agree they are probably in the minority, but not the extreme as many wanted the games to go ahead and hope that they will do so next weekend

Games going ahead the weekend of the funeral? not sure about that

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 12:16 - Sep 11 with 1552 views1885_SFC

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:56 - Sep 9 by darthvader

Not me. I'm happy to call myself a Royalist . Respect others opinion of course. I have happy memories working in Windsor castle and the people I met there and all the pomp will stay with me.

So I'm very sad that she has died , I think the life without her beloved husband took a massive toll on her this last year.

Even the whole nation of Brazil - never a Commonwealth country - declared 3 days of national mourning for the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

That's the kind of respect the queen had earned during her lifetime.

Old School is Cool

Rest in peace your Majesty on 12:18 - Sep 11 with 1545 viewsBerber

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:05 - Sep 11 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Just watch that figure shrink now that Charles is King. He won't be able to help himself, and will be going on about the great reset opportunity and dabbling into all sorts of political issues.

My guess is that he will make such a balls-up, that William could end up being 'dovetailed in' to save the monarchy down the line.

Did you see the snarl of displeasure when the pen tray was in the way, and he made someone remove it instead of just moving it aside. WAC.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 12:21 - Sep 11 with 1536 viewsdarthvader

Rest in peace your Majesty on 21:58 - Sep 10 by ElijahK

you still do though.

My daughter is newly working with the Hampshire Constabulary
There is much organized chaos with assistance already being sent from Hampshire to London , so our area and many others will be stretched as it is without football matches to police aswell

These games can be played anytime.

This IS History .

keep the faith coyr

Rest in peace your Majesty on 14:15 - Sep 11 with 1506 viewsChesham_Saint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:05 - Sep 11 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, aside from being a rancid, fish fondling skate, you're also an insensitive tvvat? God, part of me would really like to meet you.

Rest in peace your Majesty on 19:34 - Sep 13 with 1327 viewsBerber

Rest in peace your Majesty on 12:18 - Sep 11 by Berber

Did you see the snarl of displeasure when the pen tray was in the way, and he made someone remove it instead of just moving it aside. WAC.

And today in N Ireland, signed the declaration, handed his pen to his wife, who didn’t know who to pass it to, stood up and walked out of the room whilst the Queen Consort was still sitting down to sign the doc.

Nice enough in public, but still a spoilt adolescent underneath. Not really the stuff of Kings. The media of course are still fawning.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 09:05 - Sep 14 with 1231 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Rest in peace your Majesty on 14:15 - Sep 11 by Chesham_Saint

So, aside from being a rancid, fish fondling skate, you're also an insensitive tvvat? God, part of me would really like to meet you.

Don't kid yourself you are some kind of alpha male, it's just not convincing for someone so emotional.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:50 - Sep 14 with 1190 viewssolent_toffee

Rest in peace your Majesty on 19:34 - Sep 13 by Berber

And today in N Ireland, signed the declaration, handed his pen to his wife, who didn’t know who to pass it to, stood up and walked out of the room whilst the Queen Consort was still sitting down to sign the doc.

Nice enough in public, but still a spoilt adolescent underneath. Not really the stuff of Kings. The media of course are still fawning.

This time last week, Prince Charles was largely considered to be a joke across the nation and the media, his mother passes away and he is instantly turned into national treasure.

It’s baffling.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 11:42 - Sep 14 with 1151 viewsdirk_doone

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:50 - Sep 14 by solent_toffee

This time last week, Prince Charles was largely considered to be a joke across the nation and the media, his mother passes away and he is instantly turned into national treasure.

It’s baffling.

Whoever fills his pen with ink is going ot be the first for the chop:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/king-charles-loses-his-temper-at-leaking-

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 11:55 - Sep 14 with 1119 views1885_SFC

Rest in peace your Majesty on 11:42 - Sep 14 by dirk_doone

Whoever fills his pen with ink is going ot be the first for the chop:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/king-charles-loses-his-temper-at-leaking-

Pen manufacturer has been sent to the tower...

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024