Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rest in peace your Majesty 18:34 - Sep 8 with 13231 viewsdarthvader

Devestated.

So glad she made it to see her Platinum Jubilee .

Thank you. Ma'am
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 18:52]

keep the faith coyr

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:08 - Sep 8 with 1915 viewsChesham_Saint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 22:43 - Sep 8 by ElijahK

Not necessarily…
Some sites are saying that it’s all gonna get discussed and announced earlier tomorrow as to what’s going to happen. Although all of tomorrows games are now off, but the weekend is less clear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62840622

Edit: although I do think they will probably get called off, why that is though I don’t get, as if calling off the games brought her back to life they yeah, fair enough, but they don’t, so what good is it to anyone?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 22:46]

What an Ill thought out comment.

It’s an historical event impacting most (but not all) therefore worthy of this mark of respect.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:09 - Sep 8 with 1912 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:04 - Sep 8 by Saintsforeverj

You're right. There isn't an official announcement until tomorrow but I think if tomorrow's games are off, Saturday's will be too. Insiders know they will be off l, but no.offocial announcements.

Well if they cal, of Saturdays games then Sundays will also be off, unless they were to move every game for Saturday to Sunday, but that’s quite unlikely to happy.
But hopefully there won’t be any announcements tomorrow, as if it ain’t done by like midday (as that’ll be like 24 hours before the early KO) then I guess they’ll still be on, but until then we’ll just have to wait and see
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 23:38]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:28 - Sep 8 with 1878 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:08 - Sep 8 by Chesham_Saint

What an Ill thought out comment.

It’s an historical event impacting most (but not all) therefore worthy of this mark of respect.

So what it’s ill now to ask a fair question? As sorry but no one wanted her to die, but at the end of the day what good is it for anyone for having days ruined by something that’s already ruining most peoples days? As the news was very sad indeed, but what good is it if we continue it on and never forget/let go of it, meaning that we can never move on?

As it’s no different to when a family member unfortunately passes on, the people who cope better aren’t the ones that simply stay upset and cancels everything they’ve got coming up, but those who except that it’s a part of life and carry on with theirs enjoining it but still remembering them, rather than being upset over something that will unfortunately never change. As I’m not gonna criticise people that do, do that, but those that cope better are the ones that don’t let it get in the way/drag on throughout their life. As that’s not to say that you should’ve be upset when someone dies, but at the end of the day they’d want you to carry on with your life and not let their death ruin yours. As in some religions/cultures, deaths are (in a way) celebrated and people see it as a part of life rather than the end to it.

As why does that mark of respect have to be to have 10 days of everything being off? Or even 5, 3, 2 or even a single day? As in my opinion, the only time anything should be called off is the day when it’s first announced to let it sink in with people, and the day of the funeral as that is when people can pay their respects to her. But between and after them, you can still pay your respects, but getting on with your normal lives isn’t a sign of disrespect ether, so why stop that?

As if your opinion is that we should stop everything and cancel everything for a set amount of time, then that’s up to you and won’t disrespect that, but you shouldn’t call someone else’s opinion “ill” just because it’s not the same as yours? As if we are going to call everything off for a set amount days, then why not do it longer? Why not do it for another 10, 20, 50, 365 etc days? As why should there be a set number where it’s “ill” for people to say that they think it should end by? Why can’t others call you ill if you say a number below there’s?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 23:58]

Rest in peace your Majesty on 00:01 - Sep 9 with 1823 viewssaintwizzler

Rest in peace your Majesty on 19:13 - Sep 8 by saint68

Rest in peace Elizabeth, you were the last Bastion of compassion and morality in this ever disintegrating country...your departure is an end of an era. .the road
ahead looks to be markedly more unstable than the period in history you've graced us with your presence.

God bless Our Queen
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 20:03]

This x

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 00:58 - Sep 9 with 1789 viewsSaintsforeverj

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:28 - Sep 8 by ElijahK

So what it’s ill now to ask a fair question? As sorry but no one wanted her to die, but at the end of the day what good is it for anyone for having days ruined by something that’s already ruining most peoples days? As the news was very sad indeed, but what good is it if we continue it on and never forget/let go of it, meaning that we can never move on?

As it’s no different to when a family member unfortunately passes on, the people who cope better aren’t the ones that simply stay upset and cancels everything they’ve got coming up, but those who except that it’s a part of life and carry on with theirs enjoining it but still remembering them, rather than being upset over something that will unfortunately never change. As I’m not gonna criticise people that do, do that, but those that cope better are the ones that don’t let it get in the way/drag on throughout their life. As that’s not to say that you should’ve be upset when someone dies, but at the end of the day they’d want you to carry on with your life and not let their death ruin yours. As in some religions/cultures, deaths are (in a way) celebrated and people see it as a part of life rather than the end to it.

As why does that mark of respect have to be to have 10 days of everything being off? Or even 5, 3, 2 or even a single day? As in my opinion, the only time anything should be called off is the day when it’s first announced to let it sink in with people, and the day of the funeral as that is when people can pay their respects to her. But between and after them, you can still pay your respects, but getting on with your normal lives isn’t a sign of disrespect ether, so why stop that?

As if your opinion is that we should stop everything and cancel everything for a set amount of time, then that’s up to you and won’t disrespect that, but you shouldn’t call someone else’s opinion “ill” just because it’s not the same as yours? As if we are going to call everything off for a set amount days, then why not do it longer? Why not do it for another 10, 20, 50, 365 etc days? As why should there be a set number where it’s “ill” for people to say that they think it should end by? Why can’t others call you ill if you say a number below there’s?

I think you're trying to argue people mourn / cope in different ways, that's ok (that's true it is ok) and it would take our minds off the sad news (it's true, it might) and some people prefer to carry on with life and keep busy (again true) but I don't agree games should be played. We have to cancel all sporting events this weekend. Just think of a load of scousers booing the national anthem or some drunk fans deciding not to take part in the minute silence or anti-royalists being disrespectful, in amongst the crowds at some grounds. Or violent scenes because of crowd trouble or a disaster. You can't risk those things, immediately after Her Majesty's death, it would be totally unfair to her and disgusting in fact, so IMO as a mark of respect, and to avoid any disgusting behaviour, we must call off all sporting events and have a period of quiet mourning.

It's very very sad, she's gone. She's deserves the utmost respect.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 1:34]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 07:31 - Sep 9 with 1669 viewsHeisenberg

Estimates are around 1 in 4 of us are republicans who do not want a monarchy. It’s sad when anyone dies and the Queen deserves the utmost respect. But this enforced media driven everyone must be devastated agenda is totally over the top. Every channel spouting the same stuff over and over again. As for football I would put money on the Queen wanting everyone to get on with things and would recognise people still need to earn a living and do the day to day things they need to do. As with Diana it’s all media driven nonsense. Thank god I’m not in the country for the next few weeks and can reflect on the Queens passing without Nicholas feckin Witchall droning on and on and on for days on end.

Viva La Republic !!!

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 07:45 - Sep 9 with 1665 viewssolent_toffee

Rest in peace your Majesty on 00:58 - Sep 9 by Saintsforeverj

I think you're trying to argue people mourn / cope in different ways, that's ok (that's true it is ok) and it would take our minds off the sad news (it's true, it might) and some people prefer to carry on with life and keep busy (again true) but I don't agree games should be played. We have to cancel all sporting events this weekend. Just think of a load of scousers booing the national anthem or some drunk fans deciding not to take part in the minute silence or anti-royalists being disrespectful, in amongst the crowds at some grounds. Or violent scenes because of crowd trouble or a disaster. You can't risk those things, immediately after Her Majesty's death, it would be totally unfair to her and disgusting in fact, so IMO as a mark of respect, and to avoid any disgusting behaviour, we must call off all sporting events and have a period of quiet mourning.

I don’t think games should be cancelled because of possible distribution or anti royalists being disrespectful. The games should and I’m sure will be cancelled as a mark of respect and reflection and because it’s the right thing to do.

As for drunken scousers, I’m not a royalist at all and this news whilst being sad isn’t effecting me as much as most I’ve seen on social media. However I’m respectful to the feeling of the nation and wouldn’t dream of being disrespectful at any minutes silence and I doubt Everton or Liverpool fans would be, despite Liverpool fans booing at the final this year I believe they would respect the Queen, although not necessarily the Royal family.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 08:59 - Sep 9 with 1589 viewsCapt_Koons

Rest in peace your Majesty on 07:31 - Sep 9 by Heisenberg

Estimates are around 1 in 4 of us are republicans who do not want a monarchy. It’s sad when anyone dies and the Queen deserves the utmost respect. But this enforced media driven everyone must be devastated agenda is totally over the top. Every channel spouting the same stuff over and over again. As for football I would put money on the Queen wanting everyone to get on with things and would recognise people still need to earn a living and do the day to day things they need to do. As with Diana it’s all media driven nonsense. Thank god I’m not in the country for the next few weeks and can reflect on the Queens passing without Nicholas feckin Witchall droning on and on and on for days on end.

Viva La Republic !!!

Totally agree, although I thought the number of Brits supporting the idea of a republic has been as high as 1:3. recently. That number is only going to increase now.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Login to get fewer ads

Rest in peace your Majesty on 09:13 - Sep 9 with 1577 viewsChesham_Saint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 23:28 - Sep 8 by ElijahK

Blah-blah-blah.

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:32 - Sep 9 with 1511 viewsBridders2

Our late queen will be regarded as Britain's best monarch. Yes her role was of service rather than power or leader. And her role was symbolic in the main. But it is an absolute testament to her that she was so respected the world over, from countries beyond the commonwealth.
Our new King's job is to provide continuity in this difficult time because there will be people wanting to remove our monarchy.
The monarchy may be a privilege but it absolutely provides continuity to our nation, it provides a powerful symbol of our nation, the late queen was a unifier.
The monarchy as a symbol of Britain must continue in this age of revisionism, where there is a desire by many to destroy British heritage. It is cultural vandalism if our monarchy is removed. Thankyou Elizabeth for your dedication to duty, you were truly loved the world over. Good luck King Charles.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:43 - Sep 9 with 1502 viewsDorsetIan

Rest in peace your Majesty on 07:45 - Sep 9 by solent_toffee

I don’t think games should be cancelled because of possible distribution or anti royalists being disrespectful. The games should and I’m sure will be cancelled as a mark of respect and reflection and because it’s the right thing to do.

As for drunken scousers, I’m not a royalist at all and this news whilst being sad isn’t effecting me as much as most I’ve seen on social media. However I’m respectful to the feeling of the nation and wouldn’t dream of being disrespectful at any minutes silence and I doubt Everton or Liverpool fans would be, despite Liverpool fans booing at the final this year I believe they would respect the Queen, although not necessarily the Royal family.

It's an interesting one.

I actually think the UK has moved on from a time when a long period of shut down or mourning is appropriate or possible.

Everyone (or most people) are genuinely saddened by the news, and there will be a further, massive public response when the Queen's body moves to London and then on the day of the funeral.

But life is continuing. I'm working today. My wife has gone shopping. We're not all sitting round wailing. I'd rather go to the game tomorrow and join in with 30,000 other people in a mark of public respect. If I don't go, I'll probably be at the tip.

The Tour of Britain race was meant to leave from West Bay tomorrow morning. It would have been a massive day for that town. I understand that that's been cancelled and, personally (and I respect others' views) I think that was unnecessary and a real shame.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:49 - Sep 9 with 1493 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 00:58 - Sep 9 by Saintsforeverj

Ok I understand where your coming from, and in all fairness you’ve made some points about that I do agree with and understand. It’s just that those idiots that will boo and cause a scene etc, won’t be going anywhere, as it’s a fact that they’ll be some form of minutes silence/applause before whenever we do play our next game, so no matter what it is we do, do, you’ll still get that.

But like I said in my original comment that I’m not gonna disrespect what you think and that’s your opinion, and her passing was very sad news, and she should be respected.

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:55 - Sep 9 with 1475 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 09:13 - Sep 9 by Chesham_Saint

Blah-blah-blah.

Ok well you can be like that, as you can see from this thread, it’s not like I’m the only saying this…
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 10:55]

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:56 - Sep 9 with 1473 viewsdarthvader

Rest in peace your Majesty on 08:59 - Sep 9 by Capt_Koons

Totally agree, although I thought the number of Brits supporting the idea of a republic has been as high as 1:3. recently. That number is only going to increase now.

Not me. I'm happy to call myself a Royalist . Respect others opinion of course. I have happy memories working in Windsor castle and the people I met there and all the pomp will stay with me.

So I'm very sad that she has died , I think the life without her beloved husband took a massive toll on her this last year.

keep the faith coyr

Rest in peace your Majesty on 11:04 - Sep 9 with 1445 viewsCapt_Koons

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:32 - Sep 9 by Bridders2

Our late queen will be regarded as Britain's best monarch. Yes her role was of service rather than power or leader. And her role was symbolic in the main. But it is an absolute testament to her that she was so respected the world over, from countries beyond the commonwealth.
Our new King's job is to provide continuity in this difficult time because there will be people wanting to remove our monarchy.
The monarchy may be a privilege but it absolutely provides continuity to our nation, it provides a powerful symbol of our nation, the late queen was a unifier.
The monarchy as a symbol of Britain must continue in this age of revisionism, where there is a desire by many to destroy British heritage. It is cultural vandalism if our monarchy is removed. Thankyou Elizabeth for your dedication to duty, you were truly loved the world over. Good luck King Charles.

Nah, I'm not buying it. Now would be a perfect time to draw a line under the whole monarchy thing, and move on. Go out on a high note if you like.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 12:24 - Sep 9 with 1321 viewsthissceptredsaint

Not a royalist but she was a class act, if you were going to have a monarch you couldn't really ask for more. Provided institutional sanity when you have a political establishment full of fruit cakes. She was above the unpleasant noncery of too many around her family as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2022/sep/09/markets-subdued-business-m

TUC cancels conference, strikes cancelled, shops closing in respect. Sport events cancelled. What you would expect would happen when a nations symbolic figurehead and continuity figure has passed away. The government wants us all to just carry on as normal. This isn't normal. They haven't read the room. One thing railway workers, posties and other public servants agree on. She was one as well. Shame our government doesn't get it. They need to show a bit more respect for the Queen, her family and the nation
Rest in peace your Majesty on 12:30 - Sep 9 with 1315 viewsBridders2

Rest in peace your Majesty on 11:04 - Sep 9 by Capt_Koons

Nah, I'm not buying it. Now would be a perfect time to draw a line under the whole monarchy thing, and move on. Go out on a high note if you like.

You're in a minority so it ain't going to happen. But think about all those billions in tourism we'd lose from the Americans and Chinese.
Rest in peace your Majesty on 13:16 - Sep 9 with 1256 viewsChesham_Saint

Rest in peace your Majesty on 10:55 - Sep 9 by ElijahK

Ok well you can be like that, as you can see from this thread, it’s not like I’m the only saying this…
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 10:55]

Just try a little brevity occasionally. It can be very effective.

Rest in peace your Majesty on 13:31 - Sep 9 with 1237 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 13:16 - Sep 9 by Chesham_Saint

Just try a little brevity occasionally. It can be very effective.

And you may wanna realise that many won’t necessarily think the same as yourself, as I don’t know if you’d classify yourself as a royalist or something, but ether way, not everyone may have the same levels of respect to her as you may.
And at the end of the day there is no blatant right or wrong answer to whether or not all these things should’ve been called off or not, so you shouldn’t criticise someone else just because they don’t think the same as you do.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 13:31]

Rest in peace your Majesty on 13:36 - Sep 9 with 1229 viewsCapt_Koons

Rest in peace your Majesty on 12:30 - Sep 9 by Bridders2

You're in a minority so it ain't going to happen. But think about all those billions in tourism we'd lose from the Americans and Chinese.

I agree it's unlikely to happen anytime soon, and when it does it will probably be the Windsors themselves calling it a day. Just my humble opinion. I don't accept the tourism argument though, one of the most visited tourist sites in Europe is the Palace of Versailles and their royalty disappeared centuries ago

Rest in peace your Majesty on 14:04 - Sep 9 with 1204 viewsElijahK

Rest in peace your Majesty on 13:36 - Sep 9 by Capt_Koons

I agree it's unlikely to happen anytime soon, and when it does it will probably be the Windsors themselves calling it a day. Just my humble opinion. I don't accept the tourism argument though, one of the most visited tourist sites in Europe is the Palace of Versailles and their royalty disappeared centuries ago

In all fairness I’m not really too into the royalty and all that, but they do get loads of money from tourists, and whenever we’ve got an away game up in London, you can always see those stalls selling all those Buckingham place/crown stuff, as well as seeing loads of tourists wearing ut all and always being around the palace. As I wouldn’t be too surprised if that made more money every year from tourists than the likes of football did

Rest in peace your Majesty on 14:18 - Sep 9 with 1183 viewsBridders2

Paris has always been at the top because its a beautiful city and in the heart of Europe but the Royal connection in the UK has always been a big pull..."All in all the House of Windsor is estimated by Forbes to contribute £19 billion ($28 billion) to Britain's economy pre-pandemic"
Rest in peace your Majesty on 14:22 - Sep 9 with 1169 viewsDorsetIan

I think it is mainly a financial thing. We pay them money in exchange for having taken a lot of their properties off them years ago (now owned by the Crown Estate which the UK now gets income from). And in addition, they indirectly generate revenue in the form of tourist income etc. My instinct is that they are good value for money.

The other argument is that we shouldn't have a hereditary head of state, but they don't have any real power, the country needs a head of state, and I'd challenge anyone to identify a country with a better one for the last 70 years. (Other options: Nigel Farage?, Boaty-Mac-Boatface?)

Finally, that they sit at the top of a disfunctional class system that doesn't help the country. I think this is less and less of an issue. The landed gentry of this country plays an ever diminishing role.

I'd be far more concerned about the grubby goings on in relation to other forms of unearned patronage - particularly the link between political donations and appointments to the house of lords. That place must absolutely stink.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Rest in peace your Majesty on 15:28 - Sep 9 with 1128 views1885_SFC

All I know is that Charles won't command 10% of the respect and admiration that his mother did. It's a shame they can't bypass it to William & Kate. She'd make a terrific queen on the world stage & both of them would have a younger outlook on life and the world around them.

Old School is Cool

Rest in peace your Majesty on 17:05 - Sep 9 with 1081 viewssaint68

Rest in peace your Majesty on 15:28 - Sep 9 by 1885_SFC

All I know is that Charles won't command 10% of the respect and admiration that his mother did. It's a shame they can't bypass it to William & Kate. She'd make a terrific queen on the world stage & both of them would have a younger outlook on life and the world around them.

You echo my thoughts entirely.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024