Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked 10:55 - Sep 22 with 2531 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58597/ralph-hasenhuttl-l

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 11:48 - Sep 22 with 2387 viewssaints__fan__73

'Never bonded with the area' Lol. Is that the best you can come up it? It's hardly a re-requisite in modern football.

'He was Cortese's man' is the real reason you would be loathed to have him back.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 12:00 - Sep 22 with 2378 viewsButty101

Sorry Nick cant agree with some of what you have wrote

"Yes the defeat's at Wolves and Aston Villa were disappointing performances, but in mitigation to the manager, he was having to get his side adapting to a new system and had 4 new players in his squad to assimilate."

There is no mitigation for 2 dire performances.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:33 - Sep 22 with 2256 viewsSaintNick

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 12:00 - Sep 22 by Butty101

Sorry Nick cant agree with some of what you have wrote

"Yes the defeat's at Wolves and Aston Villa were disappointing performances, but in mitigation to the manager, he was having to get his side adapting to a new system and had 4 new players in his squad to assimilate."

There is no mitigation for 2 dire performances.

There is when the previous results before the last two games meant we were 9th in the League, two narrow 1-0 defeats dont suddenly mean we should sack a manager who is making progress.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:51 - Sep 22 with 2212 viewsfranniesTache

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:33 - Sep 22 by SaintNick

There is when the previous results before the last two games meant we were 9th in the League, two narrow 1-0 defeats dont suddenly mean we should sack a manager who is making progress.

3 wins in 27, club home loss record, club away loss record, record for the longest streak without winning a game, 60+ goals conceded in every season he's been here are the reasons, not the last two games.

He's been a spent man for a while and we should've got rid after the last game of last season.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:52 - Sep 22 with 2207 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:33 - Sep 22 by SaintNick

Thats not what im getting at. You said that there were mitigating circumstances which I dont agree with. The system has basically been the same since the Leeds game. Ralph also only made one change between the chelsea and Wolves game. However the difference in performance levels was startling.

You cant compare last seasons games with this. Villa and Chelsea were flying when we meet them. We have just played 3 teams that are massively out of form , havent managed to keep a clean sheet and failed to score in two of the games. We could still be playing now against Villa and probably not managed a shot on target.

You could argue we are now on one of Ralphs famous losing runs having lost 3 out of the last 4 in the league and failed to score in 3 of the games.

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:55 - Sep 22 with 2198 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:51 - Sep 22 by franniesTache

3 wins in 27, club home loss record, club away loss record, record for the longest streak without winning a game, 60+ goals conceded in every season he's been here are the reasons, not the last two games.

He's been a spent man for a while and we should've got rid after the last game of last season.

Spot on.

I really wanted Ralph to work, he came with a great reputation, wanting to play a high press offensive game. But we are far from that 4 years later.

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 14:10 - Sep 22 with 2177 viewsfranniesTache

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:55 - Sep 22 by Butty101

Spot on.

I really wanted Ralph to work, he came with a great reputation, wanting to play a high press offensive game. But we are far from that 4 years later.

I wanted Ralph to succeed because i want every Saints manager to succeed, but it's painfully apparent that's not going to happen and at this stage people are supporting Ralph not Southampton when they go on about keeping him.

Even the comparison's to old managers given a chance over time don't stand up anymore, yes Lawrie began badly but by this point in his career he'd turned it around, Nicholl started well and went off the boil, Branfoot well... lets not go there.

Ralph has had long enough to turn things around, but they stay the same and we limp on.

For what it's worth i don't think we'll go down this season, and haven't since the start of the season, but I can't see us doing anything other than finishing almost exactly where we did last season, and we should be aiming for better than that.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 23:05 - Sep 22 with 1883 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 13:51 - Sep 22 by franniesTache

Spot on.
He and more importantly WE need a performance v Everton.
I’ve been watching Southampton for 42 years now and I can take a defeat, fûck me I’ve seen enough of them and I’m still here.
It’s just the absolute crap served up 90% of the time since we beat Liverpool 1-0.

I walked away from the ground when we lost narrowly to Man Utd on Bank Holiday weekend thinking fair play we had a good go at the Kuntz and deserved something. I was happy in defeat.
I thought we’d turned a corner but then Wolves and that shite at Villa.
Villa and Wolves were there for the taking.

The football we have played in the last two games has been absolute shît and it needs to change a week Saturday. But as Frannie’s Tasche says it stretches back longer than that.

The trouble is we’ve had long losing runs and it’s a case of here we go again.

Throw in the away ticket fiasco, Block 1 shenanigans and Semmens’ smugness it’s become downright depressing.

The high press has long gone and now we have slow lethargic football, a Centre Back taking a throw in that quite frankly any other player could match and JWP’s corners!?

Hassenhüttl should have gone at the end of last season with his contract paid up and a thanks for keeping us up but no thanks.
New broom sweeps clean.

Time to stand up and be counted Hassenhüttl and the Southampton players.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 23:44 - Sep 22 with 1857 viewsPatfromPoole

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 23:05 - Sep 22 by saintwizzler

Spot on.
I’ve been watching Southampton for 42 years now and I can take a defeat, fûck me I’ve seen enough of them and I’m still here.
It’s just the absolute crap served up 90% of the time since we beat Liverpool 1-0.

I walked away from the ground when we lost narrowly to Man Utd on Bank Holiday weekend thinking fair play we had a good go at the Kuntz and deserved something. I was happy in defeat.

The football we have played in the last two games has been absolute shît and it needs to change a week Saturday. But as Frannie’s Tasche says it stretches back longer than that.

Throw in the away ticket fiasco, Block 1 shenanigans and Semmens’ smugness it’s become downright depressing.

The high press has long gone and now we have slow lethargic football, a Centre Back taking a throw in that quite frankly any other player could match and JWP’s corners!?

Hassenhüttl should have gone at the end of last season with his contract paid up and a thanks for keeping us up but no thanks.
New broom sweeps clean.

The bullet Salisu throw came up trumps at Leicester, bae.

Might just keep us up, that goal…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 00:02 - Sep 23 with 1849 viewsDorsetIan

You‘ve got the footballing equivalent of body dismorphia.

Not matter how much the team fails, you just see success.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 01:27 - Sep 23 with 1820 viewsBicester_North

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 23:05 - Sep 22 by saintwizzler

Spot on.

New broom sweeps clean.

Anyone who didn’t cry like a baby that night of the 1-0 home win had no passion.

I cried at the 1-0 v Arsenal last season as well, and if we beat Everton I’ll cry even more, on my knees beating my fists on the back of someone else’s seat.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 08:41 - Sep 23 with 1678 viewskingolaf

You have got to be on a wind-up Nick.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 14:12 - Sep 30 with 1347 viewssaintwizzler

It's only words and words are all I have,
To take your heart away.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 15:29 - Sep 30 with 1288 viewsRon11

Ralph Hasenhuttl Lambasted By Some Saints Fans As Pochettino Is Linked on 14:12 - Sep 30 by saintwizzler

It's only words and words are all I have,
To take your heart away.

'I cannot see zer benefit in playing two strikers, or any pace in zer midfield, and so for zat reason I am out"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024