Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kwarteng’s Budget 10:33 - Sep 23 with 18127 viewsPatfromPoole

Blimey.

Suicidal stuff politically, methinks.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 17:33 - Sep 26 with 1481 viewsfranniesTache

It's taken 12 days for them to crash the pound, crash the economy, and now it looks like they might crash the housing market too.

I can't help but think this is going to be the shortest tenure of a PM ever
Kwarteng’s Budget on 17:36 - Sep 26 with 1461 viewsDorsetIan

Kwarteng’s Budget on 17:13 - Sep 26 by cocklebreath

Are there still people who think it’s a good idea? It’s an absolute fook up. I see the Bank of England will be putting up interest rates again, such fun.

At the end of July it was still 36% who thought leaving was a good idea.

The numbers for the rest of this year will be interesting.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 18:04 - Sep 26 with 1428 viewsBazza

Kwarteng’s Budget on 17:36 - Sep 26 by DorsetIan

At the end of July it was still 36% who thought leaving was a good idea.

The numbers for the rest of this year will be interesting.

Still wittering on about leaving. It’s over we’re out though the EU are still obstructing, get used to it . You’re better than this, focus on the great job the Tories are doing!
Kwarteng’s Budget on 18:10 - Sep 26 with 1419 viewsBazza

Are there still people who think it’s a good idea? It’s an absolute fook up. I see the Bank of England will be putting up interest rates again, such fun.

Bank of England should have put up rates more ages ago when the cost of the Ukraine war and resulting price hikes became significant. Should do more now to limit inflation.
Kwarteng’s Budget on 18:55 - Sep 26 with 1372 viewsDorsetIan

Kwarteng’s Budget on 18:04 - Sep 26 by Bazza

Still wittering on about leaving. It’s over we’re out though the EU are still obstructing, get used to it . You’re better than this, focus on the great job the Tories are doing!

Still clinging to the belief you weren’t tucked up?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:24 - Sep 26 with 1360 viewsBicester_North

One drawback of international breaks is that the flaccid political types come back with a bang on here

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:34 - Sep 26 with 1356 viewsfranniesTache

Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:24 - Sep 26 by Bicester_North

One drawback of international breaks is that the flaccid political types come back with a bang on here

probably more to do with the fact that the economy and sterling have just had an unprecedented crash in a single day today than the international break
Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:56 - Sep 26 with 1344 viewsBicester_North

Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:34 - Sep 26 by franniesTache

probably more to do with the fact that the economy and sterling have just had an unprecedented crash in a single day today than the international break

F*ck all you can do til a general election.

All the political experts on football message boards just repeat their own views again and again and it ends up coming back to Brexit arguments, same as it has the last f*ck knows how many years.

Login to get fewer ads

Kwarteng’s Budget on 20:10 - Sep 26 with 1332 viewsBazza

Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:56 - Sep 26 by Bicester_North

All the political experts on football message boards just repeat their own views again and again and it ends up coming back to Brexit arguments, same as it has the last f*ck knows how many years.

Too true, unfortunately
Kwarteng’s Budget on 20:33 - Sep 26 with 1321 viewscocklebreath

Kwarteng’s Budget on 18:10 - Sep 26 by Bazza

Bank of England should have put up rates more ages ago when the cost of the Ukraine war and resulting price hikes became significant. Should do more now to limit inflation.

Obviously you’ve paid your mortgage off, good for you

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 21:15 - Sep 26 with 1283 viewsfranniesTache

Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:56 - Sep 26 by Bicester_North

I find it interesting for a number of reasons, firstly I worked in the House of Commons years ago as a researcher so take a genuine interest in the machinations of politics and economics, this is a fairly unprecedented chain of events in my lifetime, and probably most peoples. Which makes it interesting.

Secondly I work with a lot of financial services, banking, multi national and government clients, and these decisions have a direct impact on my work.
Kwarteng’s Budget on 21:24 - Sep 26 with 1278 viewsBicester_North

Kwarteng’s Budget on 21:15 - Sep 26 by franniesTache

I find it interesting for a number of reasons, firstly I worked in the House of Commons years ago as a researcher so take a genuine interest in the machinations of politics and economics, this is a fairly unprecedented chain of events in my lifetime, and probably most peoples. Which makes it interesting.

Secondly I work with a lot of financial services, banking, multi national and government clients, and these decisions have a direct impact on my work.

Fair enough you’re no typical armchair expert

Kwarteng’s Budget on 22:11 - Sep 26 with 1254 viewsBazza

Kwarteng’s Budget on 20:33 - Sep 26 by cocklebreath

Obviously you’ve paid your mortgage off, good for you

Nothing to do with me. Bank should do the best for the country.
Hope you’re on a fixed rate mortgage
Kwarteng’s Budget on 22:17 - Sep 26 with 1241 viewscocklebreath

Kwarteng’s Budget on 22:11 - Sep 26 by Bazza

Nothing to do with me. Bank should do the best for the country.
Hope you’re on a fixed rate mortgage

The best for the country will not be increasing interest rates to 6%, mines fixed until November next year then I start to panic.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 23:21 - Sep 26 with 1214 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Still, you could live in Italy .......... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63029909

Upshot, Russia won the modern world war with their manipulation, bots, steering and coercing the morons who can't think for themselves to believe all the tripe they read on social media. Europe is tanking, as a whole.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Kwarteng’s Budget on 23:30 - Sep 26 with 1208 viewsfranniesTache

Kwarteng’s Budget on 23:21 - Sep 26 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Still, you could live in Italy .......... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63029909

Upshot, Russia won the modern world war with their manipulation, bots, steering and coercing the morons who can't think for themselves to believe all the tripe they read on social media. Europe is tanking, as a whole.

Not just Europe either mush, China is in the grip of a major financial crisis due to debt that's seeing their soft power through investments in tech and infrastructure grinding to a halt.

And if China goes pop you can bet the rest of Asia goes pop too (and probably a lot of the rest of the world too given their investments in the Indian sub continent and Africa)

America has its own inflation problems and Brazil could be in serious problems after their election in October.

The whole world pretty much feels a total mess right now sadly but the one that scares me the most is the impact of China. Don't forget they bailed out the rest of the world in the last financial crisis and there's even talk they may end up with "lost decades" in the way Japan did.
Kwarteng’s Budget on 07:43 - Sep 27 with 1134 viewsButty101

Kwarteng’s Budget on 22:17 - Sep 26 by cocklebreath

The best for the country will not be increasing interest rates to 6%, mines fixed until November next year then I start to panic.

I literally dread looking at the news and how we are going to be further screwed. We bought a business back in December 2019 that should of been a great little earner. But each unprecedented event after another makes you think what’s the point.
I have no political persuasion but the tories really have to go now and let labour have a crack.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 08:05 - Sep 27 with 1125 viewsPaleRider

Kwarteng’s Budget on 07:43 - Sep 27 by Butty101

I literally dread looking at the news and how we are going to be further screwed. We bought a business back in December 2019 that should of been a great little earner. But each unprecedented event after another makes you think what’s the point.
I have no political persuasion but the tories really have to go now and let labour have a crack.

I am not aligned to any party. To be honest, I think we would be screwed even if we had another party in charge - the quality of politicians all over the world is piss poor and the battles are harder due to globalisation. Even if you harp back to the Thatcher/Reagan era, it did all seem more straightforward!

We are also seeing more dogmatic politicians in power all over the place which is not a good thing in my opinion. The other issue is the increasing power of "intangible" companies, such as Meta, Google, Weibo etc.

In the words of Private Fraser: "We're doomed"
Kwarteng’s Budget on 08:35 - Sep 27 with 1106 viewsinthebox

It's all a academic exercise for Prof Kwarteng https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/27/kwasi-kwarteng-cut-taxes-a
Kwarteng’s Budget on 09:20 - Sep 27 with 1075 viewsBerber

The Times puts it like this,” Labour surges in polls as ‘clown show’ economics turns off voters.”

The ToryParty membership have well and truly forked up by picking Truss. They will be a long time in the wilderness after this, can’t be trusted with the economy, actually, just can’t be trusted.
Kwarteng’s Budget on 18:34 - Sep 27 with 906 viewsLondonSaint76

Best headline from all the daily nationals today has to go to the Daily Star - next to a picture of Kwarteng was the headline HONEY I SHRUNK THE QUIDS!

On a more serious note, Kwarteng is our local MP and having seen him in action a couple of times at meetings over local issues I would not trust him to run a corner shop let alone the UK’s economy… If the interest rates take a massive hike upwards God only knows what most people in this area (and plenty of other parts of the country) who have taken on a mortgage in the last couple of years will do. My daughter & husband are 1 year into a £400k mortgage and are worried sick - there are plenty of others in a similar position locally so I’d suggest KK would do well to keep a low profile in the Staines area for the foreseeable future!

If you wrote the events of the past seven days as a script for a TV series it would be rejected as totally unrealistic.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 802 viewsSouthamptonfan

What a f@cking mess. Inflation is high, so you don't give people more f@cking money! The idea is to curb spending to bring down inflation. She's using her mini two year spell in power to be a control freak. Boris was thrown out for having a party, but now we will all be homeless with Truss. Many said Rishi shouldn't get the job because he wears Prada f@cking shoes and doesn't understand the life of normal folk. At least Truss doesn't lie or have parties, ay folks? Ralph outers beware!!! Careful what you wish for.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 13:48]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:47 - Sep 28 with 789 views1885_SFC

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:32 - Sep 28 by Southamptonfan

What a f@cking mess. Inflation is high, so you don't give people more f@cking money! The idea is to curb spending to bring down inflation. She's using her mini two year spell in power to be a control freak. Boris was thrown out for having a party, but now we will all be homeless with Truss. Many said Rishi shouldn't get the job because he wears Prada f@cking shoes and doesn't understand the life of normal folk. At least Truss doesn't lie or have parties, ay folks? Ralph outers beware!!! Careful what you wish for.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 13:48]

It's not all bad news. I see the organisers of the Eurovision Song Contest have sympathetically named the two UK cities that currently resemble the devastated Ukrainian city of Mariupol the most, Liverpool and Glasgow, as the next venue for 2023.

I thought that was a nice touch.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 16:21]

Old School is Cool

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:59 - Sep 28 with 773 viewsDorsetIan

Bank of England printing money again today to fend off a financial crash (a proper one like in 2008) and the pound back on the slide.

It's mad to even think it, given how long he's been in office, but I suspect Kwarteng is going to have to resign, simply to steady the markets.

He'll admit to mistakes in how he delivered the policies, which will protect Truss from the charge that her whole agenda is madness, but she'll still have to change tack. That won't be a problem though as she's well used to doing that.

An we thought the Boris Johnson govt was a sh!tshow. (It was too btw).

Kwarteng’s Budget on 14:27 - Sep 28 with 760 viewsfranniesTache

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:59 - Sep 28 by DorsetIan

Bank of England printing money again today to fend off a financial crash (a proper one like in 2008) and the pound back on the slide.

It's mad to even think it, given how long he's been in office, but I suspect Kwarteng is going to have to resign, simply to steady the markets.

He'll admit to mistakes in how he delivered the policies, which will protect Truss from the charge that her whole agenda is madness, but she'll still have to change tack. That won't be a problem though as she's well used to doing that.

An we thought the Boris Johnson govt was a sh!tshow. (It was too btw).

The Tory party are done as a political party for a long time after this, the budget has completely finished them as a party that can govern and the most likely outcome leads to proportional representation that will look them out of power for decades.

Even their own MPs are saying this publicly now, and i'd expect at least Kwarteng to go and probably Truss too (it's just a matter of when on the second).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024