Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh Indy march 23:13 - Oct 1 with 10430 viewsCatullus

I am qute surprised none of the indy supporters/Union haters on here have posted about this today?
is it because the turnout of around 10,000 is disappointing and yet more proof that Wales isn't really interested?

SCFC took 3 times as many all the way to London for a football match, Indy being a much more important topic, you'd have thought anyone genuinely, 100% for it would turn up in Cardiff.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh Indy march on 12:33 - Oct 3 with 1173 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 11:42 - Oct 3 by Catullus

I was at West Brom actually. I used to go away very often but surely Welsh independence is a much more important issue than a football match. Hence my earlier comment, if people will take days off for a football match then why not for a political rally?

It's not at all ridiculous. people have started wars to fight for independence, how many have been started over football.

Or are you seriously suggesting football is more important than the future of Wales?

You’re banging your head against a brick wall Cat. When you are as blinkered as some are about a subject, common sense has no place in their lives.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh Indy march on 12:34 - Oct 3 with 1174 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 10:45 - Oct 3 by felixstowe_jack

1 in 4 according to the latest poll 24% . In the same poll 26% wanted to abolish the Senedd. More people want to abolish the Senedd than want independence says it really.
Of course you keep forgetting the majority in Wales voted to leave the corrupt undemocratic EU which stands for protectionism rather than Global trade.

9 out of ten English people would back Indy .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh Indy march on 14:37 - Oct 3 with 1128 views73__73

Welsh independence 😂 more chance of putting your foot in rocking horse shite
🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The Welsh Indy march on 14:47 - Oct 3 with 1121 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 11:42 - Oct 3 by Catullus

I was at West Brom actually. I used to go away very often but surely Welsh independence is a much more important issue than a football match. Hence my earlier comment, if people will take days off for a football match then why not for a political rally?

It's not at all ridiculous. people have started wars to fight for independence, how many have been started over football.

Or are you seriously suggesting football is more important than the future of Wales?

I'm suggesting that the opinion that if you don't attend X, Y or Z makes you not a supporter of that thing.
I'm against fracking, not been to a protest, so i mustn't really be against it.
I agree with the railway strikers, not been to a picket, maybe i dont agree with it.
That is your argument is it not?
And to add another, I didnt go to WBA, mustn't be a true swans supporter either.
Its just ridiculous.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Welsh Indy march on 14:57 - Oct 3 with 1109 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 14:47 - Oct 3 by BryanSwan

I'm suggesting that the opinion that if you don't attend X, Y or Z makes you not a supporter of that thing.
I agree with the railway strikers, not been to a picket, maybe i dont agree with it.
And to add another, I didnt go to WBA, mustn't be a true swans supporter either.
Its just ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than independence for a country that is totally unsuited to splitting from the Union
Onto the unknown
Into the dark

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh Indy march on 18:57 - Oct 3 with 1051 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 14:47 - Oct 3 by BryanSwan

Its just ridiculous.

I didn't say "not a supporter" I said not as strong a supporter as all that. I'm a Swansea supporter but not as strong a supporter as Builthy, for example, I have rarely gone away these last 10 years.
Fracking is a smaller, local issue. Indy is a national issue. Indy supporters on here tell us there is a large and passionate supprt for indy yet at one of the few organised marches only 10k turn up and you say it's because people have better things to do, that in itself also shows that interest isn't really that large and passionate.

I wonder if kilky turned up?

PS, I never said not going to WBA meant you weren't a true supporter, that was a point you tried to make.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Welsh Indy march on 19:11 - Oct 3 with 1036 viewsKeithHaynes

The Welsh Indy march on 18:57 - Oct 3 by Catullus

I didn't say "not a supporter" I said not as strong a supporter as all that. I'm a Swansea supporter but not as strong a supporter as Builthy, for example, I have rarely gone away these last 10 years.
Fracking is a smaller, local issue. Indy is a national issue. Indy supporters on here tell us there is a large and passionate supprt for indy yet at one of the few organised marches only 10k turn up and you say it's because people have better things to do, that in itself also shows that interest isn't really that large and passionate.

PS, I never said not going to WBA meant you weren't a true supporter, that was a point you tried to make.

I make around a handful of games a year, some I keep quiet about, others I don’t.
We do what we can do.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Welsh Indy march on 19:29 - Oct 3 with 1011 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 18:57 - Oct 3 by Catullus

It is the same logic. Don't turn up to an event and you mustn't be a "strong supporter".

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh Indy march on 19:37 - Oct 3 with 1008 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 19:29 - Oct 3 by BryanSwan

It is the same logic. Don't turn up to an event and you mustn't be a "strong supporter".

Not really. When you're talking football many people miss a few games a season, same for other sports, people sometimes miss them.

However for a very big event that doesn't happen often, something allegedly very important to so many people only around 10k turn up, we have more down the Swans, are the Swans more important than Wales future?

We are told 30% of us support indy, that's about One Million people yet only around 1% of them turn up. How many Swansea supporters do you think there are in Wales?

We'll have to agree to disagree, won't we.

The Welsh Indy march on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 999 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 19:37 - Oct 3 by Catullus

Not really. When you're talking football many people miss a few games a season, same for other sports, people sometimes miss them.

However for a very big event that doesn't happen often, something allegedly very important to so many people only around 10k turn up, we have more down the Swans, are the Swans more important than Wales future?

We are told 30% of us support indy, that's about One Million people yet only around 1% of them turn up. How many Swansea supporters do you think there are in Wales?

It depends what you value in life, enjoying time with the family is more important to me than either indy marches, Swansea or Wales.
Completely mate, no point going round in circles, think we've probably already bored everyone else enough as it is haha

The Welsh Indy march on 21:50 - Oct 3 with 955 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 08:39 - Oct 3 by Togg

Well I must mix in different circles because I don't know anyone young or old who wants independence. I do a lot of work in the border areas and holiday a few times a year in Devon. I feel that's my country also.

Yes you must do.

Devon is in England.
Cornwall is Kernow of course. Very different

Swansea is in Cymru.

These are basic facts.

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh Indy march on 22:24 - Oct 3 with 942 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 21:50 - Oct 3 by Kilkennyjack

Yes you must do.

Devon is in England.
Cornwall is Kernow of course. Very different

Swansea is in Cymru.

These are basic facts.

and your point is ???
The Welsh Indy march on 22:56 - Oct 3 with 931 viewsbennytheblue

The Welsh Indy march on 20:49 - Oct 2 by Kilkennyjack

About 1 in 3 people in Wales do want indy.

Thats a great place to start from.

Its an awful lot higher in the under 40s.

The future is already assured.
The only question is when ?

Bollocks they do
The Welsh Indy march on 09:57 - Oct 4 with 866 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh Indy march on 22:56 - Oct 3 by bennytheblue

Bollocks they do

I think they’re a bit like those men in frocks, Benny. I mean, you’ll read about them in The Guardian, hear bits on the wireless but you never actually encounter any in real life.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Welsh Indy march on 20:15 - Oct 4 with 780 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 09:57 - Oct 4 by Lohengrin

I think they’re a bit like those men in frocks, Benny. I mean, you’ll read about them in The Guardian, hear bits on the wireless but you never actually encounter any in real life.

Dont assume you speak for Benny on that private matter ….. 😙

The Welsh Indy march on 20:18 - Oct 4 with 778 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 19:48 - Oct 3 by BryanSwan

It depends what you value in life, enjoying time with the family is more important to me than either indy marches, Swansea or Wales.
Completely mate, no point going round in circles, think we've probably already bored everyone else enough as it is haha

You have proven that Cat is talking out of his behind on this one.
Well played.

Cat you have had a total mare here, so best pretend you achieved parity and move on eh ?

The Welsh Indy march on 20:26 - Oct 4 with 775 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 19:37 - Oct 3 by Catullus

So people who have caring responsibilities and cant march on that day, which had rail strikes of course, are not indy supporters. Really ?

Until you organise a pro union march in Cardiff and attract more than 10,000 attendees then you have no logical argument. By your own logic, we have a situation in Wales where 3 million people do not support the union because they did not march. No ifs and no buts.

Thats exactly what you are trying to argue.
Sit down mun.

The Welsh Indy march on 21:08 - Oct 4 with 748 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 20:26 - Oct 4 by Kilkennyjack

So people who have caring responsibilities and cant march on that day, which had rail strikes of course, are not indy supporters. Really ?

Until you organise a pro union march in Cardiff and attract more than 10,000 attendees then you have no logical argument. By your own logic, we have a situation in Wales where 3 million people do not support the union because they did not march. No ifs and no buts.

Thats exactly what you are trying to argue.
Sit down mun.

How many more times?

You don’t march for something you already have! No?

No!!!

The turnout was pitiful but represents the true feeling for independence in Wales. You know it, so accept it.

The Welsh Indy march on 21:34 - Oct 5 with 671 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 21:08 - Oct 4 by union_jack

How many more times?

You don’t march for something you already have! No?

No!!!

The turnout was pitiful but represents the true feeling for independence in Wales. You know it, so accept it.

Still 10,000 more than any yoon march.

I mean its so precious and everything….

I believe that according to your logic there are no yoons in Cymru.
No support for the union.

At this rate Indy will be a stroll.

The Welsh Indy march on 21:36 - Oct 5 with 670 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 12:34 - Oct 3 by onehunglow

9 out of ten English people would back Indy .

We should certainly encourage them to think that way.

I suspect the government will find it hard to give up the looting of Scotland, Wales and the north of Ireland. Addicts struggle to kick habits. 🇬🇧

The Welsh Indy march on 22:11 - Oct 5 with 655 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 21:34 - Oct 5 by Kilkennyjack

Still 10,000 more than any yoon march.

I mean its so precious and everything….

I believe that according to your logic there are no yoons in Cymru.
No support for the union.

At this rate Indy will be a stroll.

English comprehension is not your strong suit is it!?

The Welsh Indy march on 22:31 - Oct 5 with 633 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 22:11 - Oct 5 by union_jack

English comprehension is not your strong suit is it!?

Its not, thats fair, but i have a question for you ….

How many attended the last pro-union march in Cardiff ?
Just so we can compare ….

The Welsh Indy march on 22:40 - Oct 5 with 621 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 22:31 - Oct 5 by Kilkennyjack

Its not, thats fair, but i have a question for you ….

How many attended the last pro-union march in Cardiff ?
Just so we can compare ….

It’s irrelevant as the union is as strong as it’s always been.

I didn’t know about any pro union march but wouldn’t have gone for that reason.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:22 - Oct 6 with 568 viewsjohnlangy

The Welsh Indy march on 22:40 - Oct 5 by union_jack

It’s irrelevant as the union is as strong as it’s always been.

I didn’t know about any pro union march but wouldn’t have gone for that reason.

Just a slight exaggeration there UJ.

With a pro Indy vote close to if not more than 50% in Scotland, a United Ireland in the not too distant future what with a Catholic majority in NI and Welsh Indy sentiment building strongly.

The Union as strong as it's ever been ? Obviously not if you're looking at it objectively.
The Welsh Indy march on 19:01 - Oct 6 with 546 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:22 - Oct 6 by johnlangy

Just a slight exaggeration there UJ.

With a pro Indy vote close to if not more than 50% in Scotland, a United Ireland in the not too distant future what with a Catholic majority in NI and Welsh Indy sentiment building strongly.

The Union as strong as it's ever been ? Obviously not if you're looking at it objectively.

Ok, fair comment so shall we say strong enough by a good margin John?😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024