Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh Indy march 23:13 - Oct 1 with 10433 viewsCatullus

I am qute surprised none of the indy supporters/Union haters on here have posted about this today?
is it because the turnout of around 10,000 is disappointing and yet more proof that Wales isn't really interested?

SCFC took 3 times as many all the way to London for a football match, Indy being a much more important topic, you'd have thought anyone genuinely, 100% for it would turn up in Cardiff.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh Indy march on 10:16 - Oct 12 with 1010 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 09:42 - Oct 12 by union_jack

I’ve told him this numerous times but strangely, he doesn’t listen.

Just the usual soundbites.
The Welsh Indy march on 14:08 - Oct 12 with 954 viewsBarrySwan

I suppose that the supreme irony is that the Nat nutters appear to be too stupid to realise that they are the very reason that Wales would never vote for independence.

( apart from the fact that there is very little call for it amongst the general population anyway)
The Welsh Indy march on 14:15 - Oct 12 with 948 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 14:08 - Oct 12 by BarrySwan

I suppose that the supreme irony is that the Nat nutters appear to be too stupid to realise that they are the very reason that Wales would never vote for independence.

( apart from the fact that there is very little call for it amongst the general population anyway)

I believe the majority of Welsh people like being part of the UK and are happy with the situation. I think they are more concerned with the price of utilities, mortgage rate and fuel. Although I'm a bit ambivalent to the Royal Family, I'm supprised how many are Royalists.
The Welsh Indy march on 18:16 - Oct 12 with 897 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 08:50 - Oct 12 by Togg

Why march for something which we already have and is in the majority?

Why not ?

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh Indy march on 18:27 - Oct 12 with 895 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 14:15 - Oct 12 by Togg

I believe the majority of Welsh people like being part of the UK and are happy with the situation. I think they are more concerned with the price of utilities, mortgage rate and fuel. Although I'm a bit ambivalent to the Royal Family, I'm supprised how many are Royalists.

Wrong on both counts.

An indy Cymru could retain the Royals.
Thats SNP policy, for example.

In this dysfunctional union, then Cymru is bottom of every prosperity table, and top of every poverty table. Why would anybody accept that ?

Cymru has not been treated fairly by UK government.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:29 - Oct 12 with 895 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 09:42 - Oct 12 by union_jack

I’ve told him this numerous times but strangely, he doesn’t listen.

Its because you mostly post bollox. No offence like 👍

The Welsh Indy march on 18:30 - Oct 12 with 894 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 14:08 - Oct 12 by BarrySwan

30 per cent is a great place to start from.

Get on the indy bus. 🚌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

The Welsh Indy march on 18:47 - Oct 12 with 880 viewsFlashberryjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:29 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

Fair play

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh Indy march on 19:14 - Oct 12 with 870 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 18:27 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

Wrong on both counts.

In this dysfunctional union, then Cymru is bottom of every prosperity table, and top of every poverty table. Why would anybody accept that ?

Wow!! You're getting very excited. Watch the blood pressure! Loads of tub thumping too. Just work hard do the best you can for yourself and family. That's what most of us do in Wales. Don't be bitter, it will tear you apart.
Think change will be Utopian. Pete Townshend wrote a lyric ' Meet the new boss the same as the old boss '
The Welsh Indy march on 20:01 - Oct 12 with 851 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 18:30 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

30 per cent is a great place to start from.

Get on the indy bus. 🚌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Is 30% not less than 70%?

The SNP have been insisting for years that most people up there want indy yet they lost the vote. Politicians lie, it doesn't matter which party or which country, they lie to try and get what they want.

How do the indybus fans feel about Adam Price saying the Senedd should increase income tax? As it goes I can understand what he's saying BUT people are already struggling to pay bills and will welcome the cut Truss has promised, not that it'll be much. On the other hand, increasing it as price suggests might well only pay for the propsed increase in the Senedd's numbers. Whi agree with that?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Welsh Indy march on 21:21 - Oct 12 with 824 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:29 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

😂again, the irony in that statement

😂😂😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh Indy march on 23:08 - Oct 12 with 784 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 19:14 - Oct 12 by Togg

Wow!! You're getting very excited. Watch the blood pressure! Loads of tub thumping too. Just work hard do the best you can for yourself and family. That's what most of us do in Wales. Don't be bitter, it will tear you apart.
Think change will be Utopian. Pete Townshend wrote a lyric ' Meet the new boss the same as the old boss '

Wales cant afford to stay in this union.

Realistic not excited.

The Welsh Indy march on 23:13 - Oct 12 with 783 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 20:01 - Oct 12 by Catullus

The SNP have been insisting for years that most people up there want indy yet they lost the vote. Politicians lie, it doesn't matter which party or which country, they lie to try and get what they want.

How do the indybus fans feel about Adam Price saying the Senedd should increase income tax? As it goes I can understand what he's saying BUT people are already struggling to pay bills and will welcome the cut Truss has promised, not that it'll be much. On the other hand, increasing it as price suggests might well only pay for the propsed increase in the Senedd's numbers. Whi agree with that?

Taxation is a proven way to re-ditribute wealth.

1 in 3 people in Wales for Indy and growing.

Drakeford is Indy.

The Welsh Indy march on 12:15 - Oct 13 with 761 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 23:13 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

Drakeford is Indy.

I in 4 in last independent poll. Not sure where your mythical 1 in 3 comes from.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Welsh Indy march on 17:02 - Oct 13 with 736 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 23:13 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

Drakeford is Indy.

Drakeford is not for indy, you can keep repeating that all you want.

https://nation.cymru/news/it-would-be-absurd-to-rule-out-independence-says-mark-

The important part being,

Drakeford was asked by Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price about whether the commission would look at Welsh independence as part of its work.

He replied that it will “look at the whole suite of potential constitutional futures for Wales” and that it would “certainly allow for independence to be considered as one of these options”.

But he added that he would argue that “entrenched devolution in a successful United Kingdom is the best constitution for Wales.”

So Drakers saying it should be talked about is not the same as saying he supports it, because he doesn't.

Taxation is a proven way to redistribute wealth eh. Good luck with that, where is the proof? France tried high taxes and a lot of rich people left the country, quite a few moved to London ironically.

1 in 3, you can claim that all you like, growing....hmmm. The only poll that will matter is a referendum on the subject but even committed indies like Johnlangy are scared to have a vote right now because they know they'll lose.
As the Senedd continues destroying Wales more young people will leave, they will be replaced by those pesky English retirees, that won't help the cause.

The Welsh Indy march on 17:58 - Oct 13 with 718 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 17:02 - Oct 13 by Catullus

Drakeford is not for indy, you can keep repeating that all you want.

https://nation.cymru/news/it-would-be-absurd-to-rule-out-independence-says-mark-

The important part being,

Drakeford was asked by Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price about whether the commission would look at Welsh independence as part of its work.

He replied that it will “look at the whole suite of potential constitutional futures for Wales” and that it would “certainly allow for independence to be considered as one of these options”.

But he added that he would argue that “entrenched devolution in a successful United Kingdom is the best constitution for Wales.”

So Drakers saying it should be talked about is not the same as saying he supports it, because he doesn't.

Taxation is a proven way to redistribute wealth eh. Good luck with that, where is the proof? France tried high taxes and a lot of rich people left the country, quite a few moved to London ironically.

1 in 3, you can claim that all you like, growing....hmmm. The only poll that will matter is a referendum on the subject but even committed indies like Johnlangy are scared to have a vote right now because they know they'll lose.
As the Senedd continues destroying Wales more young people will leave, they will be replaced by those pesky English retirees, that won't help the cause.

Yes, Drakeford is incredibly pro union and pro union reform. Discussing things such as indy which garners a 25% support according to polls is sensible.
To insinuate otherwise does the Indy cause no favours.

Right on the last part too, I would only want a vote if we were consistently polling 35%+ as would many other indy supporters. Recognising where we currently are it would be a terrible idea to go for it now. And once you shot your shot thats all she wrote, there would be no 2nd chance.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Welsh Indy march on 18:32 - Oct 13 with 706 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 17:58 - Oct 13 by BryanSwan

Yes, Drakeford is incredibly pro union and pro union reform. Discussing things such as indy which garners a 25% support according to polls is sensible.
To insinuate otherwise does the Indy cause no favours.

Right on the last part too, I would only want a vote if we were consistently polling 35%+ as would many other indy supporters. Recognising where we currently are it would be a terrible idea to go for it now. And once you shot your shot thats all she wrote, there would be no 2nd chance.

Two good sensible posts from Bryan and Cat.
Taxation. Sorry but I'm a believer in working hard and keeping as much of your money as possible. High tax is a disincentive. I was a kid in the 70's but I remember the 90% taxation the Labour government brought in for the wealthy. What did the wealthy do. Up sticks and take their money with them.
The Welsh Indy march on 18:33 - Oct 13 with 705 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 18:27 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

Wrong on both counts.

Cymru is now being used obsessively. If somebody asks you where you are from ,say on holidays,you say Wales.
Fact.

Ramming Welsh down throats is the main reason majority will ever vote Indy because the Nats will force English out of public life,or try to.

No welsh speaker should be on here discoursing in English

It’s welsh or the highway …or should be.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh Indy march on 18:34 - Oct 13 with 704 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh Indy march on 20:01 - Oct 12 by Catullus

Increase taxation in Wales? Only a fool would think that would currently be a good idea.
The Welsh Indy march on 18:43 - Oct 13 with 677 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 18:34 - Oct 13 by pencoedjack

Increase taxation in Wales? Only a fool would think that would currently be a good idea.

Not forgetting the tourist taxes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh Indy march on 18:58 - Oct 13 with 665 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:43 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

Not forgetting the tourist taxes

I genuinely didn’t read any posts after the 1 I replied too.

It seems 1 idiot thinks it’s a good idea.
The Welsh Indy march on 19:53 - Oct 13 with 652 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 18:32 - Oct 13 by Togg

Two good sensible posts from Bryan and Cat.
Taxation. Sorry but I'm a believer in working hard and keeping as much of your money as possible. High tax is a disincentive. I was a kid in the 70's but I remember the 90% taxation the Labour government brought in for the wealthy. What did the wealthy do. Up sticks and take their money with them.

And you are completely entitled to that opinion. I think half of the problem with taxation at the minute is the way our money is wasted.
If people could see their money being used to improve education, healthcare, transportation etc then I'd be all for putting in a few extra pounds a month.
The problem is i don't think we currently have any/enough politicians in place who actually care about improving things for the public.
I would agree that tax at the levels you've mentioned would be completely ridiculous though.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Welsh Indy march on 20:25 - Oct 13 with 636 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh Indy march on 19:53 - Oct 13 by BryanSwan

And you are completely entitled to that opinion. I think half of the problem with taxation at the minute is the way our money is wasted.
If people could see their money being used to improve education, healthcare, transportation etc then I'd be all for putting in a few extra pounds a month.
The problem is i don't think we currently have any/enough politicians in place who actually care about improving things for the public.
I would agree that tax at the levels you've mentioned would be completely ridiculous though.

Agree.

I would have no problem paying additional tax if it was used wisely, unfortunately I currently see no political party id trust to do that.
The Welsh Indy march on 20:36 - Oct 13 with 628 viewsTogg

Good to see some well thought out adult conversation on this subject.
The Welsh Indy march on 21:36 - Oct 13 with 591 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 20:25 - Oct 13 by pencoedjack

Agree.

I would have no problem paying additional tax if it was used wisely, unfortunately I currently see no political party id trust to do that.

I'm in that camp too. I don't trust any of our governments, Westminster or any of the devolved to spend our money wisely. So much is wasted.

UK politics as a whole needs massive reform but expecting any of them to actually make reforms is a pipe dream. They are well and truly on the gravy train. The Senedd will increase its numbers and no doubt in the not to distant future there'll be anotherhefty pay rise for them.
Meanwhile the public services will continue to suffer, the wait for oerations will get longer, crime will increase and education will continie to be dumbed down. Or maybe I'm just a little too cynical.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024