Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh Indy march 23:13 - Oct 1 with 10440 viewsCatullus

I am qute surprised none of the indy supporters/Union haters on here have posted about this today?
is it because the turnout of around 10,000 is disappointing and yet more proof that Wales isn't really interested?

SCFC took 3 times as many all the way to London for a football match, Indy being a much more important topic, you'd have thought anyone genuinely, 100% for it would turn up in Cardiff.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh Indy march on 23:29 - Oct 9 with 1051 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 14:16 - Oct 9 by felixstowe_jack

In every general election since the UK became a democracy.
Don't forget it was a Welsh born king who won the war of the Roses so he sort of conquered England and United England and Wales.

In all independently run opinion polls in the last 20 years the average for Welsh Independence has been in the 20 to25% range.

In the last yougov poll
24% were in favour of Independence
26% were in favour of abolishing the Senedd.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 14:25]

No need to guess stuff.

Abolish was on the ticket just last year.
Abolish got 18,149 votes.
That is 1.6% of the Constituency vote.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Embarrassing to claim 26%.

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh Indy march on 05:57 - Oct 10 with 1030 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 23:29 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

No need to guess stuff.

Hardly embarrassing to publish the result of an opinion poll just embarrassing to ignore how people in Wales actually feel.

Not sure why you keep smelling coffee hardly a Welsh grown product is it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Welsh Indy march on 07:37 - Oct 10 with 1017 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 14:16 - Oct 9 by felixstowe_jack

In every general election since the UK became a democracy.
Don't forget it was a Welsh born king who won the war of the Roses so he sort of conquered England and United England and Wales.

In all independently run opinion polls in the last 20 years the average for Welsh Independence has been in the 20 to25% range.

In the last yougov poll
24% were in favour of Independence
26% were in favour of abolishing the Senedd.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 14:25]

Have not seen that poll to be fair, although they are quite often wrong, before the last election they had predicted Abolish the Assembly party to get 5 or so seats with a 5% vote share.
If i had to guess id say the current % would look like this:
Maintain: 65%
Indy: 25%
Abllish: 10%

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Welsh Indy march on 17:28 - Oct 10 with 967 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 23:29 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

No need to guess stuff.

Around 10,000 turn up for an indy march and people reckon it proves we want indy. People believe what they want to believe.

10k, what's that, about 0.95% of the constituency vote? Does that make it embarrasing to claim 30%?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Welsh Indy march on 17:52 - Oct 10 with 950 viewsjohnlangy

The Welsh Indy march on 07:37 - Oct 10 by BryanSwan

Have not seen that poll to be fair, although they are quite often wrong, before the last election they had predicted Abolish the Assembly party to get 5 or so seats with a 5% vote share.
If i had to guess id say the current % would look like this:
Maintain: 65%
Indy: 25%
Abllish: 10%

As politicians are so fond of saying, especially when opinion polls are negative toward them, the only vote that counts is the GE (or Senedd Election).

So as Kilkenny rightly says, in last years Senedd Election Abolish got 1.6% in the constituency votes (and 3.7% in the Regional votes). For comparison the pro Indy parties (Plaid, Propel and Gwlad) got around 22.5% between them. And allowing for a substantial number of Labour party members being part of the group called 'Labour for an Independent Wales' (I haven't got a clue how many of them there are) that equates to a substantial number, certainly the 25% you suggest.

That is the most valid comparison between Indy and Abolish. 3.7% at most compared with 25% or more. No contest really.
The Welsh Indy march on 17:59 - Oct 10 with 946 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 17:52 - Oct 10 by johnlangy

As politicians are so fond of saying, especially when opinion polls are negative toward them, the only vote that counts is the GE (or Senedd Election).

So as Kilkenny rightly says, in last years Senedd Election Abolish got 1.6% in the constituency votes (and 3.7% in the Regional votes). For comparison the pro Indy parties (Plaid, Propel and Gwlad) got around 22.5% between them. And allowing for a substantial number of Labour party members being part of the group called 'Labour for an Independent Wales' (I haven't got a clue how many of them there are) that equates to a substantial number, certainly the 25% you suggest.

That is the most valid comparison between Indy and Abolish. 3.7% at most compared with 25% or more. No contest really.

It's not just politicians John, most people like an opinion poll when it matches their opinion. I have sometimes used them for reference but it really is true, the only poll that counts is a proper vote so lets do it!

Lets see how the people of Wales really feel. Just one thing, if we have a vote, everyone has to respect the result.
The last thing I want to see is the brexit stupidity all over again. It doesn't matter if one side wins by 1 vote, the result is the result!

The Welsh Indy march on 18:25 - Oct 10 with 927 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 17:52 - Oct 10 by johnlangy

We asked 100 people, they are never going to be truely representative and can often be wildly skewed. I mean some for Indy have returned results over 30%, as much as i am for it i just cant see the number being that high at the minute.
One thing that is for certain is that there is quite a margin between the support for Abolish and Indy. But currently both are not outstripping the status quo.

Lets wait for the vote on it and make it count, don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot like the Scots last time around by rushing into it.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:26 - Oct 10 with 922 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 17:59 - Oct 10 by Catullus

It's not just politicians John, most people like an opinion poll when it matches their opinion. I have sometimes used them for reference but it really is true, the only poll that counts is a proper vote so lets do it!

Lets see how the people of Wales really feel. Just one thing, if we have a vote, everyone has to respect the result.
The last thing I want to see is the brexit stupidity all over again. It doesn't matter if one side wins by 1 vote, the result is the result!

Or indeed the Scottish neverendum!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh Indy march on 18:35 - Oct 10 with 919 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 18:25 - Oct 10 by BryanSwan

We asked 100 people, they are never going to be truely representative and can often be wildly skewed. I mean some for Indy have returned results over 30%, as much as i am for it i just cant see the number being that high at the minute.
One thing that is for certain is that there is quite a margin between the support for Abolish and Indy. But currently both are not outstripping the status quo.

Lets wait for the vote on it and make it count, don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot like the Scots last time around by rushing into it.

Question, if brexit was shooting ourselves in the foot, why would indy Wales not be shooting ourselves in the foot?

England is our biggest trading partner, what if Englandwent sour and said if you go indythen it's a hard border? I know people will say that won't happen but a tory government can be very spiteful.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:44 - Oct 10 with 917 viewsjohnlangy

The Welsh Indy march on 17:59 - Oct 10 by Catullus

I always argue that there should a Welsh Indy ref.

At the right time, that time being when we're gonna win ).

That time certainly isn't now.
The Welsh Indy march on 19:11 - Oct 10 with 898 viewsFlashberryjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:44 - Oct 10 by johnlangy

I always argue that there should a Welsh Indy ref.

At the right time, that time being when we're gonna win ).

That time certainly isn't now.

You'll have a beard down to your ankles, before the time is right.

If there was any doubt that the people of Wales would vote for independence in a referendum, Mr Drakeford and his band of clowns at the senedd have put paid to that.

Furthermore, If the Tories wouldn't keep shooting themselves in the foot at every opportunity, we might even have seen a conservative government in the senedd.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Welsh Indy march on 19:11 - Oct 10 with 898 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 18:35 - Oct 10 by Catullus

Question, if brexit was shooting ourselves in the foot, why would indy Wales not be shooting ourselves in the foot?

England is our biggest trading partner, what if Englandwent sour and said if you go indythen it's a hard border? I know people will say that won't happen but a tory government can be very spiteful.

A fair point to make, they definitely could aim to make it as damaging as possible. It would also be detrimental to themselves, but we all know it'd only hurt ordinary folk if they so chose to do that.
I think a prerequisite for our Indy vote would be that Scotland has already returned a positive vote. If it were just Wales going Indy i would be a lot more concerned with a Tory scorched earth policy.

I don't think there is any demand for a right wing indy wales that would be isolationist. Provided England is equitable the nations of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales working together as equals would not be shooting ourselves in the foot.
Brexit was shooting ourselves in the foot due to the far right policy we are following. It need not have been so dsmaging.

The Welsh Indy march on 21:42 - Oct 10 with 856 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh Indy march on 19:11 - Oct 10 by Flashberryjack

If there was any doubt that the people of Wales would vote for independence in a referendum, Mr Drakeford and his band of clowns at the senedd have put paid to that.

Furthermore, If the Tories wouldn't keep shooting themselves in the foot at every opportunity, we might even have seen a conservative government in the senedd.

Funny you say that.

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/research-papers/an-eu-border-across-britain-scotlands-bord

Anyway we will be oil rich as we’ll sell water to our English friends if you believe a certain poster on here.
The Welsh Indy march on 19:03 - Oct 11 with 747 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 19:11 - Oct 10 by Flashberryjack

Cymru last voted Tory in 1859.

If that does not indicate the values of the welsh people then nothing will.

Cymru never votes Tory.
We stand against them.

The Welsh Indy march on 19:14 - Oct 11 with 728 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:35 - Oct 10 by Catullus

Thats like a beaten wife staying with her brutal drunken husband, just in case he is right that nobody else will want her.

Thats an abusive relationship and the lady deserves far better.
And Wales deserves better.

The saddest thing though is that if the wife does stay, then it ALWAYS gets worse.
Same for Wales.

No … you have pick up your pride and walk out the door.
For Wales that door is marked Independence. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Thank you for making the clear case for independence.

The Welsh Indy march on 19:31 - Oct 11 with 725 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 19:03 - Oct 11 by Kilkennyjack

Cymru never votes Tory.
We stand against them.

People in Wales often vote Tory though, more people voted for Bojo in the GE than voted for labour in the Senedd elections. Saying Wales doesn't vote tory just isn't accurate.

Also Wales in the Uk is nothing akin to domestic abuse. We're more like the ungrateful wife who moans no matter how much her spouse gives her. The wife who, no matter how much freedom she has to make her own choices blames her spouse for all her problems.

If Wales has such a strong case for indy then why werent 100 marching in cardiff and why don't the polls show over 50% in favour of a referendum? maybe it's because, as Johnlangy keeps saying, there is no chance just yet. Maybe one day but not for a long time and you'll be long gone by then.

The Welsh Indy march on 00:19 - Oct 12 with 658 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Welsh Indy march on 17:28 - Oct 10 by Catullus

Around 10,000 turn up for an indy march and people reckon it proves we want indy. People believe what they want to believe.

10k, what's that, about 0.95% of the constituency vote? Does that make it embarrasing to claim 30%?

10,000 nutters out of a population of three million prove nothing. It’s this exact rhetoric that put ridiculously tiny Nazi and Bolsheviks into power in the last century. Resist fascist nationalism at all costs !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Welsh Indy march on 06:15 - Oct 12 with 647 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 19:03 - Oct 11 by Kilkennyjack

Cymru never votes Tory.
We stand against them.

You contradicted yourself there slightly.
Wales never votes Tory. Wales last voted Tory in 1859.
A bit of 'contradiction of terms'. Or an oxymoron!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 8:51]
The Welsh Indy march on 07:25 - Oct 12 with 641 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 06:15 - Oct 12 by Togg

You contradicted yourself there slightly.
Wales never votes Tory. Wales last voted Tory in 1859.
A bit of 'contradiction of terms'. Or an oxymoron!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 8:51]

Killy never lets facts get in the way of his imagination and fantasy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Welsh Indy march on 07:53 - Oct 12 with 640 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 19:31 - Oct 11 by Catullus

People in Wales often vote Tory though, more people voted for Bojo in the GE than voted for labour in the Senedd elections. Saying Wales doesn't vote tory just isn't accurate.

Also Wales in the Uk is nothing akin to domestic abuse. We're more like the ungrateful wife who moans no matter how much her spouse gives her. The wife who, no matter how much freedom she has to make her own choices blames her spouse for all her problems.

If Wales has such a strong case for indy then why werent 100 marching in cardiff and why don't the polls show over 50% in favour of a referendum? maybe it's because, as Johnlangy keeps saying, there is no chance just yet. Maybe one day but not for a long time and you'll be long gone by then.

Yeah, always blame the wife …. Yawn ….

Wales has not voted for the Toies since 1859.
And thats a fact.

The Welsh Indy march on 07:55 - Oct 12 with 639 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 00:19 - Oct 12 by Brynmill_Jack

10,000 nutters out of a population of three million prove nothing. It’s this exact rhetoric that put ridiculously tiny Nazi and Bolsheviks into power in the last century. Resist fascist nationalism at all costs !

How many marched in support of the union then ?

Be great if you could remind us all …..

The Welsh Indy march on 08:50 - Oct 12 with 629 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 07:55 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

How many marched in support of the union then ?

Be great if you could remind us all …..

Why march for something which we already have and is in the majority?
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:03 - Oct 12 with 622 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 00:19 - Oct 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Most of the people i know who support Indy are well educated and very sensible. Comparing what we believe politically to what you have is incredibly insulting.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 9:58]

The Welsh Indy march on 09:42 - Oct 12 with 602 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 08:50 - Oct 12 by Togg

Why march for something which we already have and is in the majority?

I’ve told him this numerous times but strangely, he doesn’t listen.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:15 - Oct 12 with 585 viewsTogg

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:03 - Oct 12 by BryanSwan

Most of the people i know who support Indy are well educated and very sensible. Comparing what we believe politically to what you have is incredibly insulting.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 9:58]

I used to a lot of work for Plaid people with connections to the top. Lovely people. Treated me fantasticly and paid me handsomely for my work. Mostly Welsh speaking highly educated professionals. Pretty wealthy on the whole too.
These were definitely not the bucket headed tub thumpers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024