Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh Indy march 23:13 - Oct 1 with 10445 viewsCatullus

I am qute surprised none of the indy supporters/Union haters on here have posted about this today?
is it because the turnout of around 10,000 is disappointing and yet more proof that Wales isn't really interested?

SCFC took 3 times as many all the way to London for a football match, Indy being a much more important topic, you'd have thought anyone genuinely, 100% for it would turn up in Cardiff.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh Indy march on 20:01 - Oct 6 with 1262 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 19:01 - Oct 6 by union_jack

Ok, fair comment so shall we say strong enough by a good margin John?😉

I would agree with this - as long as you don't mind the inevitability of Scotland breaking free and Ireland being united. Shirley we can all agree on that ?

Cymru is another matter.
It is not inevitable.
But a Labour voting Cymru being forever governed by rabid Tory English Nationalist party at Westmonster just will not stand.

Devo max might buy time, but if Scotland and Ireland motor ahead then the Welsh indy debate will rage.

The timing of the welsh indy vote will be everything.

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh Indy march on 09:54 - Oct 7 with 1191 viewsjohnlangy

The Welsh Indy march on 19:01 - Oct 6 by union_jack

Ok, fair comment so shall we say strong enough by a good margin John?😉

Yes, strong enough at the moment UJ. But weakening almost by the day I think you'd agree.

It's always good to have an exchange of differing opinions .
The Welsh Indy march on 16:59 - Oct 7 with 1147 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 09:54 - Oct 7 by johnlangy

Yes, strong enough at the moment UJ. But weakening almost by the day I think you'd agree.

It's always good to have an exchange of differing opinions .

You’ve always been respectful and knowledgable when putting your point across.

However, the only way we’d find out for good is for a referendum but my personal belief is that it wouldn’t end well for you even now when feeling is much higher. Should the UK government sometime in the future grant such a thing, and a lot of things would need to happen before that, then it would b3 at a time of their choosing probably which would be likely to favour the unionists.

I hear, though I don’t know for sure (does anyone really?) that the SNP are losing support in Scotland. If that’s the case, then it won’t happen for a very long time.

I’m 61. Don’t know when my expiry date is but it won’t happen in my lifetime I’m sure (and of course hopeful😁).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh Indy march on 17:10 - Oct 7 with 1139 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 16:59 - Oct 7 by union_jack

However, the only way we’d find out for good is for a referendum but my personal belief is that it wouldn’t end well for you even now when feeling is much higher. Should the UK government sometime in the future grant such a thing, and a lot of things would need to happen before that, then it would b3 at a time of their choosing probably which would be likely to favour the unionists.

I hear, though I don’t know for sure (does anyone really?) that the SNP are losing support in Scotland. If that’s the case, then it won’t happen for a very long time.

I’m 61. Don’t know when my expiry date is but it won’t happen in my lifetime I’m sure (and of course hopeful😁).

John is ok. Decent guy Indy or not

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh Indy march on 17:27 - Oct 7 with 1126 viewstrampie

The Welsh Indy march on 17:10 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

John is ok. Decent guy Indy or not

Haven't I heard you say that most English people are indy ?, is that right OHL.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Welsh Indy march on 18:23 - Oct 7 with 1102 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 16:59 - Oct 7 by union_jack

The uk government can grant 💩.

This decision is for the people of wales only.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:30 - Oct 7 with 1096 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:23 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

Except that it’s not.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:53 - Oct 7 with 1094 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 18:23 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

I remember you saying Boris had broken the law and should go to prison, just for clarity, the Welsh government need to get perission from Westminster for an indy vote, just like Scotland has to.

It's a legal requirement, I know you believe in keeping on the right side of the law!

Johnlangy, always a deent poster, we disagree about indy obviously but he is always decent, no barbs or insults.

I've said it a lot, have the referendum and be damned, I'll abie by the result and get on with it but will the indy mob abide by it if/when they lose? Most would I reckon but there'll be some like some EU remainers who never stop carping about it.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh Indy march on 18:57 - Oct 7 with 1092 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 18:53 - Oct 7 by Catullus

I remember you saying Boris had broken the law and should go to prison, just for clarity, the Welsh government need to get perission from Westminster for an indy vote, just like Scotland has to.

It's a legal requirement, I know you believe in keeping on the right side of the law!

Johnlangy, always a deent poster, we disagree about indy obviously but he is always decent, no barbs or insults.

I've said it a lot, have the referendum and be damned, I'll abie by the result and get on with it but will the indy mob abide by it if/when they lose? Most would I reckon but there'll be some like some EU remainers who never stop carping about it.

Yep,it’s why I always have time for JL.

Some just get it

The Welsh Indy march on 22:25 - Oct 7 with 1058 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:53 - Oct 7 by Catullus

John is not a dog who needs a pat on the head from the likes of you.
He does not need to be patronised.

John wants Indy.
Get that fact right up ye !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

The UN charter of human rights gives every nation on earth the right of self determination.
Cymru is a nation.

For example Russia cant just call ukraine as part of russia, because more people in Russia might vote for it. No.

The people in Wales will decide the future of wales. And only the people of wales.
Not some wacko Tory government sitting in Englands Westminster which the cymry have never voted for since 1849.

Repeat after me…. Wales is not in jail, wales is not in jail, x 1000 ….

The Welsh Indy march on 22:27 - Oct 7 with 1057 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:30 - Oct 7 by union_jack

Except that it’s not.

This is your union. 💩🇬🇧

The Welsh Indy march on 08:06 - Oct 8 with 1039 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 22:27 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

This is your union. 💩🇬🇧

Not going to happen. Both Wales and Scotland rely on generous funding subsidies from the UK government just to provide basic services. Independent Scotland and Wales would have to cut back services without these and most Adult voters know this.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Welsh Indy march on 12:16 - Oct 8 with 985 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 22:25 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

John wants Indy.

The UN charter of human rights gives every nation on earth the right of self determination.
Cymru is a nation.

For example Russia cant just call ukraine as part of russia, because more people in Russia might vote for it. No.

The people in Wales will decide the future of wales. And only the people of wales.
Not some wacko Tory government sitting in Englands Westminster which the cymry have never voted for since 1849.

There’s a chip on your shoulder visible from space I’m sure.

Your last comment couldn’t be more accurate though. Wales is not in jail!

People if your persuasion keep going on about being free. You’re as free as you could ever wish to be. Try living in a host of countries across the globe and see what ‘in jail’ means.

The Welsh Indy march on 12:28 - Oct 8 with 975 viewsFlashberryjack

The Welsh Indy march on 12:16 - Oct 8 by union_jack

There’s a chip on your shoulder visible from space I’m sure.

Your last comment couldn’t be more accurate though. Wales is not in jail!

People if your persuasion keep going on about being free. You’re as free as you could ever wish to be. Try living in a host of countries across the globe and see what ‘in jail’ means.

I don't think he has a chip on his shoulder, but if he honestly thinks the people of Wales would vote for independence in a referendum, he may have a chip missing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Welsh Indy march on 17:02 - Oct 8 with 945 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 12:28 - Oct 8 by Flashberryjack

I don't think he has a chip on his shoulder, but if he honestly thinks the people of Wales would vote for independence in a referendum, he may have a chip missing.

Thinking a vote currently on Indy would return a vote for it is extremely positive thinking.
If Scotland has another go around and N.ire then us having a vote could be a different kettle of fish depending on their outcomes.
Or if not that, despite believing myself Indy is our best current proposal I couldn't see a vote for it for at least a decade.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Welsh Indy march on 18:13 - Oct 8 with 926 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 12:28 - Oct 8 by Flashberryjack

Wales will ever vote Indy x10000000.

The Welsh Indy march on 10:25 - Oct 9 with 862 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:13 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Wales will ever vote Indy x10000000.

You left Wales in 1974.

Might it have changed perhaps ?

The Welsh Indy march on 13:21 - Oct 9 with 842 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 22:25 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

John wants Indy.

Cymru is a nation.

Wales is legally a part of the UK, do you understand that?

What happened to not looking down on people? You utter hypocrite.

I'm not patronising John and while my comments about him are genuine Im sure everybody can understand why I could never say anything like that about you.

PS, yet again you perpetrate lie, Wales has never been an independent nation but your grasp of history, despite all the lessons, continues to be so loose one candrive a bus through it. Wales may one day be an idny nation, one day,

https://unherd.com/2020/10/wales-has-never-been-a-nation/

Here's another lesson, Ukraine actually is a sovereign independent nation recognied by the UN and somewhat bizarrely, was also recognised by Russia up until this loopy invasion.
The Welsh cannot hold a legal referendum unless we have permission from Westminster because we are legally a part of the Uk and we vote in UK elections giving them a mandate to rule, whichever party is voted in.

Wales is not in jail, it is in a political union.

What I like about you kilky is, you make me look intelligent.

The Welsh Indy march on 14:08 - Oct 9 with 828 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 13:21 - Oct 9 by Catullus

I'm not patronising John and while my comments about him are genuine Im sure everybody can understand why I could never say anything like that about you.

PS, yet again you perpetrate lie, Wales has never been an independent nation but your grasp of history, despite all the lessons, continues to be so loose one candrive a bus through it. Wales may one day be an idny nation, one day,

Here's another lesson, Ukraine actually is a sovereign independent nation recognied by the UN and somewhat bizarrely, was also recognised by Russia up until this loopy invasion.
The Welsh cannot hold a legal referendum unless we have permission from Westminster because we are legally a part of the Uk and we vote in UK elections giving them a mandate to rule, whichever party is voted in.

When did the people of wales vote to join the uk ?

The Welsh Indy march on 14:16 - Oct 9 with 830 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 14:08 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

In every general election since the UK became a democracy.
Don't forget it was a Welsh born king who won the war of the Roses so he sort of conquered England and United England and Wales.

In all independently run opinion polls in the last 20 years the average for Welsh Independence has been in the 20 to25% range.

In the last yougov poll
24% were in favour of Independence
26% were in favour of abolishing the Senedd.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 14:25]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Welsh Indy march on 16:05 - Oct 9 with 790 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 14:08 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

When have the people of Wales voted to leave the UK? When have the majority even asked for a vote?
Why do more people vote in the UK general election than in Senedd elections?

On a different topic, when did the people of Wales vote to join the EU?

The Welsh Indy march on 17:12 - Oct 9 with 757 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 16:05 - Oct 9 by Catullus

When have the people of Wales voted to leave the UK? When have the majority even asked for a vote?
Why do more people vote in the UK general election than in Senedd elections?

On a different topic, when did the people of Wales vote to join the EU?

You're waisting your time mate. This guy lives his political and idealistic wet dream in his head.
The Welsh Indy march on 17:51 - Oct 9 with 744 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 17:12 - Oct 9 by Togg

You're waisting your time mate. This guy lives his political and idealistic wet dream in his head.

I often get bored and don't reply to him for ages but just sometimes I enjoy putting him back in his box.
Lord knows I am often wrong but Kilky always makes me look better and it's an easy win.

The Welsh Indy march on 23:06 - Oct 9 with 696 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 17:51 - Oct 9 by Catullus

I often get bored and don't reply to him for ages but just sometimes I enjoy putting him back in his box.
Lord knows I am often wrong but Kilky always makes me look better and it's an easy win.

Its not just the Lord who knows you are often wrong.

The Welsh Indy march on 23:21 - Oct 9 with 694 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 13:21 - Oct 9 by Catullus

The people who live in Cymru are a nation.
The people who lived here before Westminster rule were a nation.

You are taking your anglo saxon norm and applying it to other peoples.
The title, "King of all Wales" was used as early as 798 AD.

Its a bit like how the indigenous people of north America and Australia were perceived.
Not really nations.
Hardly worthy humans at all ….
Both truly dreadful examples of dehumanising the indigenous people.

But they were people every bit as important as your Germanic and French organised societies.
A different way of living perhaps, but no less important in both language and cultural terms.

Talking to you is like a bubble bee explaining to a fly the difference between honey and shite. The fly would still never understand.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 23:45]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024