Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Ward Prowse Birthday 14:31 - Nov 1 with 2208 viewsSaintNick

28 today, been a great servant to the club although some would be uncharitable

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 15:48 - Nov 1 with 2129 viewsI_would

Shame he wasn't serving in the restaurant for the last 13 games. He's done nothing much this season except jogg about, pull his armband up, wipe his nose a lot and collect his ludicrous £100k pw. Only at Saints.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 16:02 - Nov 1 with 2124 views1885_SFC

November 1st - All Saints Day. How fitting.

Old School is Cool

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:03 - Nov 1 with 2017 viewskingolaf

He must be getting really frustrated with RalphBall. He shrugged him off after the Bournemouth game.
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:12 - Nov 1 with 2003 viewssaintwizzler

Fair play to him.
He has stayed loyal to us when he could of gone to Villa.
Must be difficult for him to be instructed to play sideways and backwards constantly.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:24 - Nov 1 with 2005 viewsfranniesTache

Decent enough player when he plays well but he's still a skate
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:28 - Nov 1 with 1998 viewskingslandstand1

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:24 - Nov 1 by franniesTache

Decent enough player when he plays well but he's still a skate

But saw the light
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:32 - Nov 1 with 1996 viewsfranniesTache

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:28 - Nov 1 by kingslandstand1

But saw the light

Not really, he had a season ticket and talks about their cup final as being one of his best days ever.

He just has a job that pays well.
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:50 - Nov 1 with 1975 viewsPoirot

Yes, happy birthday, but lets be realistic here, if he wasnt captain i dont believe on merit he would be starting numerous games this season.
Login to get fewer ads

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:58 - Nov 1 with 1963 viewsPatfromPoole

If Lavia is fit on Sunday and can play alongside Maitland-Niles, might be time for the skipper to move to right-back….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 21:00 - Nov 1 with 1955 viewssaintwizzler

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:58 - Nov 1 by PatfromPoole

If Lavia is fit on Sunday and can play alongside Maitland-Niles, might be time for the skipper to move to right-back….

Saint Maximum and his wristbands would tear him a new ring a ding dong fella.

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 21:08 - Nov 1 with 1955 viewsPatfromPoole

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 21:00 - Nov 1 by saintwizzler

Saint Maximum and his wristbands would tear him a new ring a ding dong fella.

He hasn’t played for a while, has he?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 21:25 - Nov 1 with 1937 viewsA1079

Looking at the other comments on here I am going to be pretty much at odds with everyone but personally I think he has been a great servant for the club and team. He has scored some stupendous goals in his time and last year without them we would have been relegated. I think he has stuck with us when in fact I suspect he could have moved on.

What I will say is that he is not playing well at the moment/this season and I am not sure he is the Captain we desperately need but then the team as a whole is not playing well. In a strong team he would probably have been benched and probably should have been but we have a lack of quality in depth. I think he is missing Romeu alongside him and Diallo has not stepped up at all.

I like JWP. I am not saying he is perfect by a long way. I think he will pull through this poor run but he probably needs a new challenge somewhere else - regrettably, unless Saints as a club can lift their game on and off the pitch overall and start looking like a team which wants to do something other than being perennial strugglers/relegation candidates.

When and if JWP moves on I will always wish him well. He has been good for the club and putting aside his dips in performance the positives outweigh the negatives for me.
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 07:52 - Nov 2 with 1804 viewsSonicBoom

Totally agree with this. Frankly if you don't think he's been great for the club then you don't really understand football.
Hes a model pro, never shouts his mouth off, isn't smothered in tattoos, and works hard every time he sets foot on the pitch.
Hes been here for years and has made the most of his talent . He's also delivered way more than other players that are held in higher regard. Not his best season so fat, but the team is generally poor and as nick says hes asked to do a particular job for the team. He doesn't whine, he gets on with it. A player appreciated by everyone except a minority of our own fan base.
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:59 - Nov 2 with 1597 viewssaintwizzler

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 21:08 - Nov 1 by PatfromPoole

He hasn’t played for a while, has he?

He came off the bench with his hair and wristlets blowing in the wind last weekend.

Joe Linton is suspended Sunday so I’d expect life long Newcastle fan, St Maximum, to start.

He has great tekkers and likes to meg opponents.
He also wins a lot of fouls.

Lyanco is passionate and will control him.

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 09:35 - Nov 3 with 1487 viewssaint901

Players like JWP (or anybody else for that matter) should not be in the team based on being a "loyal servant to the club". Either they are playing well enough to be in the team or they're doing the job the manager wants or preferably both.

JWP is one of those players whose job is to keep the ball circulating. If somebody is in tight spot they want to look up and see him. If they make a forward run, they want the ball from him. If there are no such options, we want him to keep the ball.

For the moment, he is doing the first. The second not so much but partly because his options to pass forward are limited by the tactical scheme RH is playing and partly because strikers are all about confidence and ours have little. The third option is what he gets criticised for because it often involves a sideways or backward pass.

I know that many think he should be winning the ball in a crunching 50/50 on the edge of our box, play a cutting through pass and be on the edge of the opposition box 20 seconds later, finding the top corner with a dipping half volley. Get real. yes that does happen and when it does that goal is in the seasons best.

The reality is that modern tactical systems (and RH seems to want to play a different one every week) don't allow for that.

Playing without him at the moment would see our possession stats drop like a stone and further reduce our chances of scoring.

By all means say he's not playing well or should be doing more but when he's doing as asked, just think on the alternative.

And claims that Lavia is the answer may well be true but he's been injured for a long while.
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 09:52 - Nov 3 with 1470 viewssaintwizzler

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 09:35 - Nov 3 by saint901

Players like JWP (or anybody else for that matter) should not be in the team based on being a "loyal servant to the club". Either they are playing well enough to be in the team or they're doing the job the manager wants or preferably both.

JWP is one of those players whose job is to keep the ball circulating. If somebody is in tight spot they want to look up and see him. If they make a forward run, they want the ball from him. If there are no such options, we want him to keep the ball.

For the moment, he is doing the first. The second not so much but partly because his options to pass forward are limited by the tactical scheme RH is playing and partly because strikers are all about confidence and ours have little. The third option is what he gets criticised for because it often involves a sideways or backward pass.

I know that many think he should be winning the ball in a crunching 50/50 on the edge of our box, play a cutting through pass and be on the edge of the opposition box 20 seconds later, finding the top corner with a dipping half volley. Get real. yes that does happen and when it does that goal is in the seasons best.

The reality is that modern tactical systems (and RH seems to want to play a different one every week) don't allow for that.

Playing without him at the moment would see our possession stats drop like a stone and further reduce our chances of scoring.

By all means say he's not playing well or should be doing more but when he's doing as asked, just think on the alternative.

And claims that Lavia is the answer may well be true but he's been injured for a long while.

Rushing Lavia back maybe a mistake.
Yes I know we only have two games before the break but is he really going to be up to speed to face Newcastle.

And yes I know we are short of numbers in that area.

This is why Ralphie is paid £115k a week to make these match winning/losing decisions not some wànker on a fanzine forum.

WE MARCH ON

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 17:45 - Nov 5 with 1303 viewsMrangry25

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 09:52 - Nov 3 by saintwizzler

Rushing Lavia back maybe a mistake.
Yes I know we only have two games before the break but is he really going to be up to speed to face Newcastle.

And yes I know we are short of numbers in that area.

This is why Ralphie is paid £115k a week to make these match winning/losing decisions not some wànker on a fanzine forum.

WE MARCH ON

Btw some of these “w**kers” have got more idea than the Alpine Klopp. More often than not the tw*t makes a 115k shite decision that loses us the game. Look at the stats ffs.
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 04:36 - Nov 6 with 1209 viewsIWOZTHERE

James Ward Prowse Birthday on 20:12 - Nov 1 by saintwizzler

Fair play to him.
He has stayed loyal to us when he could of gone to Villa.
Must be difficult for him to be instructed to play sideways and backwards constantly.

He knows he would be 'found out' anywhere else. That's why he didn't move.
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 09:45 - Nov 6 with 1148 viewssledger

Staying with the shi@ show that is us has probably cost james his world cup place,to suggest he couldnt cut it elsewhere is plain stupid,our manager has finally coached him down to our true level
James Ward Prowse Birthday on 16:33 - Nov 6 with 1087 views1885_SFC

The England manager was watching from the St Marys stands today. On that showing, Ward-Prowse has got no chance whatsoever of going to the world cup.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024