Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones 19:35 - Nov 7 with 10296 viewskernow

Steve Schumacher?
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 19:50 - Nov 7 with 7639 viewsdirk_doone

Let's face it, if it is him, it won't be too long before he's gone.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 19:56 - Nov 7 with 7590 viewsgrumpy

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 19:50 - Nov 7 by dirk_doone

Let's face it, if it is him, it won't be too long before he's gone.

Ridiculous appointment.
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 22:36 - Nov 7 with 7395 viewsCapt_Koons

Someone with a proven track record of promoting teams from the Championship

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 22:54 - Nov 7 with 7353 viewsdirk_doone

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 22:36 - Nov 7 by Capt_Koons

He was sacked by Stoke when they were in in the bottom 3 of the Championship so if he's allowed to continue beyond the end of this season, we might need someone with a proven track record of saving teams from relegation from the Championship.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 23:03]

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 22:59 - Nov 7 with 7329 viewsdwayne_dibley

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 22:36 - Nov 7 by Capt_Koons

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 06:54 - Nov 8 with 7146 viewsCapt_Koons

If we appoint, then sack Jones, we're going to be in the Championship, so if have to presume money is going to be very tigh. To that end we could do a lot worse then Nigel Adkins.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 07:23 - Nov 8 with 7095 viewsJellybaby

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 06:54 - Nov 8 by Capt_Koons

If we appoint, then sack Jones, we're going to be in the Championship, so if have to presume money is going to be very tigh. To that end we could do a lot worse then Nigel Adkins.

Ralph Hasenhuttl - did a pretty good job keeping an underfunded club in the Premiere league for 3 years.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 7:23]

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 07:28 - Nov 8 with 7074 viewsSteveMoron

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 07:23 - Nov 8 by Jellybaby

Ralph Hasenhuttl - did a pretty good job keeping an underfunded club in the Premiere league for 3 years.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 7:23]

Eddie Howe went to Burnley and was useless. Forget Stoke. Let's get behind this manager. Ralph's relationship the players seemed a bit toxic so any manager is an improvement.
Login to get fewer ads

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 07:32 - Nov 8 with 7050 viewssaintwizzler

It all stinks of Southampton FC trying to do things on the cheap.

I wish Nathan Jones all the best and will be supporting him and the team when I’m in the ground watching but this is going to be a massive gamble.

Good luck Nathan.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 08:02 - Nov 8 with 6994 viewskingslandstand1

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 07:32 - Nov 8 by saintwizzler

It all stinks of Southampton FC trying to do things on the cheap.

I wish Nathan Jones all the best and will be supporting him and the team when I’m in the ground watching but this is going to be a massive gamble.

Good luck Nathan.

WE MARCH ON

I think it may be that we stroll on ................ I just cannot get excited and that seems to be the general feeling among Saints fans assuming it is this guy

All the talk was that the club had someone ready to jump in when the inevitable was about to happen with Ralph

Still, we can only hope and will def be getting behind the new man whoever it is and whether he will get a baptism of fire on Saturday or whether Selles will still be in the hot seat
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 09:06 - Nov 8 with 6901 viewsI_would

Now we'll find out if the owners have a Championship financial model in mind. A manager unproven in the top flight, known for bringing on (cheap) youngsters............. Perhaps they should have sacked Mr Semen as well.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 09:09 - Nov 8 with 6888 viewsgrumpy

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 08:02 - Nov 8 by kingslandstand1

I think it may be that we stroll on ................ I just cannot get excited and that seems to be the general feeling among Saints fans assuming it is this guy

All the talk was that the club had someone ready to jump in when the inevitable was about to happen with Ralph

Still, we can only hope and will def be getting behind the new man whoever it is and whether he will get a baptism of fire on Saturday or whether Selles will still be in the hot seat

Absolutely,we are Saints fans and only want what’s best for our club. When I’m in the ground (which is not as often as I would like these days) I give the team my full support and have never booed any of our players whatever. I must say tho that this appointment has completely underwhelmed me,I had hoped the club would have been more ambitious. Sadly I can’t see this manager lifting the atmosphere and relegation looks the likely outcome. Hope I’ m wrong.
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 09:19 - Nov 8 with 6869 viewsdirk_doone

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 07:28 - Nov 8 by SteveMoron

Eddie Howe went to Burnley and was useless. Forget Stoke. Let's get behind this manager. Ralph's relationship the players seemed a bit toxic so any manager is an improvement.

"Useless" Eddie Howe's record at Burnley: W34 D19 L34 Win% 39%

Nathan Jones' record at Stoke: W6 D15 L17 Win% 15.8%

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 09:23 - Nov 8 with 6847 viewsgrumpy

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 09:19 - Nov 8 by dirk_doone

"Useless" Eddie Howe's record at Burnley: W34 D19 L34 Win% 39%

Nathan Jones' record at Stoke: W6 D15 L17 Win% 15.8%

I wanted Ralph gone now I find I’m missing him.☹️ I think I need help.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 9:25]
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 12:08 - Nov 8 with 6704 viewsCapt_Koons

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 09:23 - Nov 8 by grumpy

I wanted Ralph gone now I find I’m missing him.☹️ I think I need help.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 9:25]

Exactly the same here. I guess it's the old adage, be careful what you wish for.

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 12:49 - Nov 8 with 6652 viewsGRIM

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 12:08 - Nov 8 by Capt_Koons

Exactly the same here. I guess it's the old adage, be careful what you wish for.

The club needs a lift, a Manager with a profile & record of being successful.
Unfortunately NJ doesn't meet that criteria.
He'll need to get off to a good start if he's going to win the fans over, otherwise they will soon be on his back.
If we as supporters are feeling nervous about th NJ taking over , what must the players be thinking.
I'm still in shock about this potential appointment but perhaps I shouldn't be.
It just typifies the clubs lack of ambition.
But we wished for a change & we got it.
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 12:59 - Nov 8 with 6627 viewsPatfromPoole

Re the original question.

Dyche.

He would get us back up.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 15:05 - Nov 8 with 6519 viewsGRIM

Nathan Jones appears to be a very unpopular choice with us lot before he even starts the job.
I fear for him if we don't start picking up some points.
If he turns out to be good he won't be here long because he'll be head hunted by bigger club & if he's useless then we'll be playing in Championship next season.
Please Sports Republic give us something to be optimistic about.
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 17:05 - Nov 8 with 6419 viewsdwayne_dibley

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 15:05 - Nov 8 by GRIM

Nathan Jones appears to be a very unpopular choice with us lot before he even starts the job.
I fear for him if we don't start picking up some points.
If he turns out to be good he won't be here long because he'll be head hunted by bigger club & if he's useless then we'll be playing in Championship next season.
Please Sports Republic give us something to be optimistic about.

training for moronic concourse barpersons

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 13:55 - Nov 9 with 6217 viewsdirk_doone

Slaven Bilić's Watford team just thrashed Luton 4-0. A summary of his first year at West Ham:

"Bilić was appointed manager of English Premier League club West Ham United on 9 June 2015 on a three-year contract.[In his first Premier League game on 9 August, his team beat Arsenal 2—0 at the Emirates Stadium. Three weeks later, he became the first manager to lead West Ham to victory against Liverpool at Anfield since 1963. On 19 September, Bilić led West Ham to a third successive 1—2 away win against Manchester City. It was the first time the Hammers had won three successive Premier League away games since September 2007, and only three other sides had recorded away wins at Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City in the same Premier League season. In Bilić's first season as manager, West Ham finished seventh in the Premier League and towards the end of the season, they beat Manchester United 3—2 in May and significantly lowered United's hope of finishing in top 4 for qualification for the UEFA Championship League place.The team broke several records for the club in the Premier League era, including the highest number of points with 62, the highest number of goals in a season with 65, a positive goal difference for the first time in the Premier League with +14, the fewest games lost in a season with eight and the fewest away defeats with five."

West Bromwich Albion
On 13 June 2019, Bilić was named as head coach of West Bromwich Albion on a two-year contract.On 22 July 2020, he led the club to promotion back to the Premier League, finishing as runner-up in the 2019—20 EFL Championship.

He looks set to repeat that success at Watford.

Over a long career, including years in the Premier League, his win percentage is 45.87 %

[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 14:09]

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 15:36 - Nov 9 with 6130 viewskernow

Always been a fan of Slaven Bilic, as a player, coach and pundit.
Wish he was available to manage Saints
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 16:49 - Nov 9 with 6074 viewsGRIM

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 13:55 - Nov 9 by dirk_doone

Slaven Bilić's Watford team just thrashed Luton 4-0. A summary of his first year at West Ham:

"Bilić was appointed manager of English Premier League club West Ham United on 9 June 2015 on a three-year contract.[In his first Premier League game on 9 August, his team beat Arsenal 2—0 at the Emirates Stadium. Three weeks later, he became the first manager to lead West Ham to victory against Liverpool at Anfield since 1963. On 19 September, Bilić led West Ham to a third successive 1—2 away win against Manchester City. It was the first time the Hammers had won three successive Premier League away games since September 2007, and only three other sides had recorded away wins at Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City in the same Premier League season. In Bilić's first season as manager, West Ham finished seventh in the Premier League and towards the end of the season, they beat Manchester United 3—2 in May and significantly lowered United's hope of finishing in top 4 for qualification for the UEFA Championship League place.The team broke several records for the club in the Premier League era, including the highest number of points with 62, the highest number of goals in a season with 65, a positive goal difference for the first time in the Premier League with +14, the fewest games lost in a season with eight and the fewest away defeats with five."

West Bromwich Albion
On 13 June 2019, Bilić was named as head coach of West Bromwich Albion on a two-year contract.On 22 July 2020, he led the club to promotion back to the Premier League, finishing as runner-up in the 2019—20 EFL Championship.

He looks set to repeat that success at Watford.

Over a long career, including years in the Premier League, his win percentage is 45.87 %

[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 14:09]

Slaven Billic.
Now there's a Manager with a proven track record.
And passion to burn.
I'd have taken him any day but he's out of our lge because he'd cost too much.
Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 17:24 - Nov 9 with 6048 viewsTripleNiemi

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 16:49 - Nov 9 by GRIM

Slaven Billic.
Now there's a Manager with a proven track record.
And passion to burn.
I'd have taken him any day but he's out of our lge because he'd cost too much.

Two pints a lager and a packet of crisps?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 17:50 - Nov 9 with 6009 viewsChesham_Saint

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 12:49 - Nov 8 by GRIM

The club needs a lift, a Manager with a profile & record of being successful.
Unfortunately NJ doesn't meet that criteria.
He'll need to get off to a good start if he's going to win the fans over, otherwise they will soon be on his back.
If we as supporters are feeling nervous about th NJ taking over , what must the players be thinking.
I'm still in shock about this potential appointment but perhaps I shouldn't be.
It just typifies the clubs lack of ambition.
But we wished for a change & we got it.

It's a shame Dave Merrington isn't available..... Or is he??

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 18:13 - Nov 9 with 5990 viewsCapt_Koons

Who should we get to replace Nathan Jones on 17:50 - Nov 9 by Chesham_Saint

It's a shame Dave Merrington isn't available..... Or is he??

Doubt whether Sports Republic are paying enough to attract Dave Merrigton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024