Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Critchley 07:52 - Dec 8 with 30387 viewsNortholt_Rs

Odds on to become our new manager. Underwhelming choice or the right man for the job?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Neil Critchley on 10:30 - Dec 8 with 4085 viewsNorthernr

Neil Critchley on 10:28 - Dec 8 by dmm

I wasn't thinking the club would say anything but thought some media bod might. Ian McCullough on Twitter said there was no club interest in Cifuentes so perhaps it was all made up anyway.

QPR had a sniff, found out there were a lot of agents involved (cost, complication, time), found out the buy out was £750k (FFP headroom issues), and that was that.
Neil Critchley on 10:40 - Dec 8 with 4004 viewsdmm

Neil Critchley on 10:30 - Dec 8 by Northernr

QPR had a sniff, found out there were a lot of agents involved (cost, complication, time), found out the buy out was £750k (FFP headroom issues), and that was that.

Thanks for that Clive.
Neil Critchley on 10:52 - Dec 8 with 3939 viewsWokingR

Neil Critchley on 10:30 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Well who'd have guessed ?
Isn't that what the sensible thinking was saying a week ago despite others getting a hard on for us going all continental.
Neil Critchley on 11:01 - Dec 8 with 3888 viewsNorthernr

Neil Critchley on 10:52 - Dec 8 by WokingR

Well who'd have guessed ?
Isn't that what the sensible thinking was saying a week ago despite others getting a hard on for us going all continental.

Well it's what I said on the Cifuentes thread a week ago but I was told this Swedish journalist knew different and QPR obviously wouldn't be flying him in without agreeing the release clause in the first place so what do I know?

West London Sport also gave it a categorical 'no' a week ago too.

Watch him get it now

This post has been edited by an administrator
Neil Critchley on 11:10 - Dec 8 with 3819 viewsdavman

Neil Critchley on 11:01 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Well it's what I said on the Cifuentes thread a week ago but I was told this Swedish journalist knew different and QPR obviously wouldn't be flying him in without agreeing the release clause in the first place so what do I know?

West London Sport also gave it a categorical 'no' a week ago too.

Watch him get it now

This post has been edited by an administrator

So, did he fly in or not? All a bit odd if he did as surely they wouldn't have done that if they knew there was a fee involved?

I am genuinely confused why it takes so long if the chap we end up giving it to was free and available the day the PBBC did what the PBBC does...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Neil Critchley on 11:15 - Dec 8 with 3791 viewsNorthernr

Neil Critchley on 11:10 - Dec 8 by davman

So, did he fly in or not? All a bit odd if he did as surely they wouldn't have done that if they knew there was a fee involved?

I am genuinely confused why it takes so long if the chap we end up giving it to was free and available the day the PBBC did what the PBBC does...

On the time thing, it's only been what a week and a half? That's not a long time. They've been interviewing candidates. And it's only "Football League World" saying it is definitely Critchley isn't it? So let's wait and see on that. I've thought it would be him from the start and said as much but we'll see I guess.

Don't know if he flew in, but I have been told right from the start that the complications of the deal and the size of the buy out would be a problem.
Neil Critchley on 11:22 - Dec 8 with 3753 viewsGloryHunter

Neil Critchley on 11:15 - Dec 8 by Northernr

On the time thing, it's only been what a week and a half? That's not a long time. They've been interviewing candidates. And it's only "Football League World" saying it is definitely Critchley isn't it? So let's wait and see on that. I've thought it would be him from the start and said as much but we'll see I guess.

Don't know if he flew in, but I have been told right from the start that the complications of the deal and the size of the buy out would be a problem.

Flying is very bad for the environment. He might be sailing across the North Sea on Greta Thunberg's boat.
Neil Critchley on 11:23 - Dec 8 with 3745 viewsdaveB

Neil Critchley on 11:10 - Dec 8 by davman

I'm sure if they interviewed him would have been on Zoom, he'd only fly in if he was going to get it
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Critchley on 11:53 - Dec 8 with 3574 viewsdavman

Neil Critchley on 11:23 - Dec 8 by daveB

I'm sure if they interviewed him would have been on Zoom, he'd only fly in if he was going to get it

That's what I would have thought.

Amazing, isn't it; we are in a world where "instant" reporting is a thing yet there is so much mis-information out there.

No wonder we all end up inventing our version of the truth.

Shame the new man won't be given any of the benefits of the time the WC would have provided. Makes you hate PBBC and Glasgow Rangers even more; they knew GvB was going and they knew that they wanted the PBBC weeks ago, yet neither had the nuts to do the honourable thing and get it done without the pfaffing.

Trying to erase him from my mind, because although family reasons may be valid and all that, he really took the pss out of us all AND the players over the last couple of months.

Right Canute.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Neil Critchley on 11:59 - Dec 8 with 3537 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hopefully looks like some form of announcement, whoever it is by tomorrow then, ready for introduction at the Burnley game on Sunday. Critchley would seem a sensible appointment going by his record, but we never know with QPR it could be someone else.
Neil Critchley on 12:07 - Dec 8 with 3458 viewsHayesender

Fcking twitter making me lose £20 on the unknown Spanish fella. The Internet really should come with an alcohol warning

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Neil Critchley on 12:07 - Dec 8 with 3455 viewsngbqpr

Greta Thunberg's Boat did a session for Gilles Peterson only last week.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Neil Critchley on 12:29 - Dec 8 with 3291 viewsdm97

Talksport now putting their hat into ring that it’s done. I do find it amusing that some chap none of us had heard of two weeks ago is the next Pep because of a couple podcasts and ultimate team lads hyping him up…Critchley was always the obvious and sensible choice?

As said above, twitter distorting reality yet again
Neil Critchley on 13:01 - Dec 8 with 3059 viewsTonto

talksport are never knowingly right about any of this sort of stuff, so Ill hold onto my horses right now.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Neil Critchley on 13:43 - Dec 8 with 2827 viewsvanrrrr

Neil Critchley on 08:06 - Dec 8 by Northernr

We'd all have been happy with him in the summer.
+ Continuity candidate.
+ Comes in with his eyes wide open on FFP and everything else because he knows Beale.
+ Cheap - no compensation package which I said right from the start would be a problem with Cifuentes and others but nobody listened because "Swedish journalist says..."
+ Developed players at Blackpool, sold Bowler for good money.

- Would hope there's a hefty clause in his deal to deter him from simply walking out whenever Steven gerrard gets another job.
- Not exactly screaming 'loyalty' after walking out on Blackpool to be an assistant.
- Part of that whole Beale/Liverpool gang which might have put us off.
- Relied very heavily on loans at Blackpool, though perhaps that was just the circumstances there.

does he do a good powerpoint?

not sure the lack of loyalty thing - every decent manager out there will have probably walked out of somewhere and we'd likely have been giddy if the Spanish fella told Hammerby he was off. So long as he hasnt done a promo video on loyalty and integrity we should be OK

No idea if he is any good but surprised it has taken this long, seemed the obvious fit?
Neil Critchley on 13:55 - Dec 8 with 2740 viewsNorthantsHoop

Colin Calderwood who is assistant manager at Northampton Town was assistant to Neil Critchley at Blackpool. I spoke to Colin last week at the walking football club in Northampton that we both play for about Critchley coming to QPR, he did not know whether Critchley was in for the job, mentioned about Manning being a front runner when Beale was being appointed in the Summer. Who knows if Critchley does get job will need a new coaching team and Calderwood is doing well alongside Jon Brady at the Cobblers at the moment.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 13:58]
Neil Critchley on 13:58 - Dec 8 with 2696 viewsR_from_afar

Neil Critchley on 09:03 - Dec 8 by Ranger_Things

But can he turn his pyjamas into a float in the deep end?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 9:03]

Does anyone know anyone who, while taking a stroll in their pyjamas - as you do - dropped the rubber brick they happened to be carrying into a body of water and decided it was worth diving in to rescue said brick?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Neil Critchley on 14:09 - Dec 8 with 2587 viewsBklynRanger

'- Part of that whole Beale/Liverpool gang which might have put us off.'

It does put me off a bit tbh - feels like we're going back to that same group of slags, I mean managers, hoping for a different outcome. Not entirely rational or considered I know - they are 2 separate individuals after all.

Not impossible it could be a different name altogether of course. I gather it doesn't take much to move this market.
Neil Critchley on 14:14 - Dec 8 with 2539 viewsdaveB

Neil Critchley on 12:29 - Dec 8 by dm97

Talksport now putting their hat into ring that it’s done. I do find it amusing that some chap none of us had heard of two weeks ago is the next Pep because of a couple podcasts and ultimate team lads hyping him up…Critchley was always the obvious and sensible choice?

As said above, twitter distorting reality yet again

I'd be quite wary of someone we've never heard of who sounds amazing on podcasts after Beale
Neil Critchley on 14:24 - Dec 8 with 2442 viewsTW_R

Neil Critchley on 12:07 - Dec 8 by Hayesender

Fcking twitter making me lose £20 on the unknown Spanish fella. The Internet really should come with an alcohol warning

Doesn't alcohol come with an alcohol warning?
Neil Critchley on 14:40 - Dec 8 with 2312 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If he is to be the new manager, then good luck to him and may he and we enjoy success at QPR.

And let us not make the poisoned chalice that is the QPR job any harder, by proceeding from day 1 on the basis that he is the Beale-incarnate.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Neil Critchley on 15:06 - Dec 8 with 2163 viewsMatch82

Neil Critchley on 11:23 - Dec 8 by daveB

It's a decision which could be worth millions, if he was a viable option I assume they'd want to actually interview him in person if he was/became a realistic option. Much easier to get a true sense of someone face to face.
Neil Critchley on 15:15 - Dec 8 with 2101 viewsBklynRanger

Neil Critchley on 14:40 - Dec 8 by PlanetHonneywood

If he is to be the new manager, then good luck to him and may he and we enjoy success at QPR.

And let us not make the poisoned chalice that is the QPR job any harder, by proceeding from day 1 on the basis that he is the Beale-incarnate.

That's fine but, if successful, I wouldn't mind seeing a 6 or 7 minute video piece on the offish to that effect, within a day or two of Critchley's prospective appointment.

Ideally a scientist, or scientist-in-training armed with one of those anatomical brain models pointing out the main areas of the one's bonce related to thought (including football thought), ethics, judgement, honesty, all of that. And maybe a few scans to show the differences between the two managers.

I think that would put me at ease somewhat.
Neil Critchley on 15:19 - Dec 8 with 2081 viewskensalriser

Neil Critchley on 15:15 - Dec 8 by BklynRanger

That's fine but, if successful, I wouldn't mind seeing a 6 or 7 minute video piece on the offish to that effect, within a day or two of Critchley's prospective appointment.

Ideally a scientist, or scientist-in-training armed with one of those anatomical brain models pointing out the main areas of the one's bonce related to thought (including football thought), ethics, judgement, honesty, all of that. And maybe a few scans to show the differences between the two managers.

I think that would put me at ease somewhat.

Three points Sunday would do me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Neil Critchley on 15:30 - Dec 8 with 2014 viewsdaveB

Neil Critchley on 15:06 - Dec 8 by Match82

It's a decision which could be worth millions, if he was a viable option I assume they'd want to actually interview him in person if he was/became a realistic option. Much easier to get a true sense of someone face to face.

true but thats not always possible and as Clive has said it was a non starter with the cost anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024