Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Critchley 07:52 - Dec 8 with 30385 viewsNortholt_Rs

Odds on to become our new manager. Underwhelming choice or the right man for the job?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Neil Critchley on 22:04 - Dec 8 with 4373 viewsdavman

Neil Critchley on 20:19 - Dec 8 by Northolt_Rs

I prefer my version

Yeah but the original (and therefore the best) was Pot-Bellied Bromley C*** - can't remember who it was (not me), but its the name that should stick...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Neil Critchley on 23:31 - Dec 8 with 3899 viewsLoftgirl

Neil Critchley on 19:37 - Dec 8 by Northolt_Rs

Pot Bellied Beale Cnt

I thought it was Pot Bellied Bromley C**t.
Neil Critchley on 01:20 - Dec 9 with 3657 viewsQPROslo

Neil Critchley on 19:29 - Dec 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to ask..."PBBC"?

I don't know either but as an immediate guess: Public Bog Before Christ?
Neil Critchley on 01:27 - Dec 9 with 3645 viewsSydneyRs

Neil Critchley on 22:04 - Dec 8 by davman

Yeah but the original (and therefore the best) was Pot-Bellied Bromley C*** - can't remember who it was (not me), but its the name that should stick...

Must remember to inform Celtic twitter, needs to start trending in Glasgow. The ultimate satisfaction of course will be when the Rangers fans start using it.
Neil Critchley on 07:16 - Dec 9 with 3370 viewsdistortR

Neil Critchley on 11:23 - Dec 8 by daveB

I'm sure if they interviewed him would have been on Zoom, he'd only fly in if he was going to get it

that's rubbish Dave - it just doesn't work.
I know this because our local politicians, if they want to learn about housing issues in Barbados, fly out there to talk face to face with their counterparts, rather then on zoom.
On one trip to the Falklands, they billed us for a night on the razz and then put an expenses claim in for paracetamol the next day.
Which, like duty-free shopping, you can't do on zoom.
Neil Critchley on 10:45 - Dec 9 with 2820 viewsqprninja

Achieved 16th place with Blackpool. He's perfect for us.
Neil Critchley on 11:27 - Dec 9 with 2589 viewsHayesender

Critchley odds have dropped and Ainsworth now 2nd favourite at 4/1

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Neil Critchley on 11:29 - Dec 9 with 2571 viewsBerkoRanger

SSN tickertape this morning saying Gazza now under "serious" consideration by us.
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Critchley on 11:37 - Dec 9 with 2508 viewshubble

Hmmm. Going to divide the fanbase. Personally, on balance, I think I'd love it if Wild Thing took over. Even though I know he's not considered to be one of the new breed of super coaches that PBBC and Crutchley are...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Neil Critchley on 11:42 - Dec 9 with 2457 viewswombat

Neil Critchley on 11:37 - Dec 9 by hubble

Hmmm. Going to divide the fanbase. Personally, on balance, I think I'd love it if Wild Thing took over. Even though I know he's not considered to be one of the new breed of super coaches that PBBC and Crutchley are...

ainsworth was rumoured to have had an interview on tuesday so maybe something has changed with crithcley

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Neil Critchley on 11:47 - Dec 9 with 2397 viewsTheChef

Well he gets the club - that is one thing.

The style of football is another. But if it's effective, will anyone care?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Neil Critchley on 11:54 - Dec 9 with 2341 viewsJames_Paddocks

Love the bloke, but please god no.
Neil Critchley on 11:54 - Dec 9 with 2339 viewssprocket

I would have thought GA would deviate from the playing model we have adopted since Warbs. Nothing against GA but if we take Brentford as an example, changing manager should/did not alter their style and were ultimately rewarded.
Neil Critchley on 11:55 - Dec 9 with 2300 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bizarre if it were Ainsworth. Seems a complete 180 degree-turn in strategy, analogous to the scattergun approach of Ollie, McClaren, etc.
Neil Critchley on 11:57 - Dec 9 with 2302 viewsgolborne

Hopefully you're not a ST holder, cos I was hoping I just found a buyer for mine if GA became manager
Neil Critchley on 12:06 - Dec 9 with 2208 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Neil Critchley on 11:57 - Dec 9 by golborne

Hopefully you're not a ST holder, cos I was hoping I just found a buyer for mine if GA became manager

That's the spirit!

To be honest I wouldn't be enamoured by that appointment either although I wouldn't stop going.
Neil Critchley on 12:14 - Dec 9 with 2110 viewsdaveB

If he got the job maybe see what his team looks like before judging.

The inevitable outcry on social media will probably have an impact
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 12:16]
Neil Critchley on 12:17 - Dec 9 with 2071 viewsDannyPaddox

For me he’ll always be BBAHTW
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 12:19]
Neil Critchley on 12:19 - Dec 9 with 2043 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Neil Critchley on 11:54 - Dec 9 by sprocket

I would have thought GA would deviate from the playing model we have adopted since Warbs. Nothing against GA but if we take Brentford as an example, changing manager should/did not alter their style and were ultimately rewarded.

Why? He's got a good record with youth and developing players with Wycombe.

Not saying he's for me, but I defo think he's been typecast unfairly.
Neil Critchley on 12:28 - Dec 9 with 1961 viewssprocket

Neil Critchley on 12:19 - Dec 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Perhaps and maybe his Wycombe playing style is determined by the players he has at his disposal but it's a risky move IMO and it's a no from me.
Neil Critchley on 12:28 - Dec 9 with 1949 viewsChrisNW6

Sky Bet shennanigans, publish an unfounded rumour, get a few last minute bets on Ainsworth to limit the losses on Critchley.
Neil Critchley on 12:29 - Dec 9 with 1943 viewsdaveB

every manager gets a label next to them and for Ainsworth it's long ball. I don't think thats fair but seeing some of the comments on twitter about him I hope he doesn't get the job as some of our fans are complete arsehoels who will destory him
Neil Critchley on 12:30 - Dec 9 with 1930 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not judging him but I'd be concerned.

Whenever I've seen Wycombe play the style of football has been - to my eyes - atrocious. There is, I realise, an argument that he may be able to change styles and successfully coach a more pleasing style, but if we acknowledge that we also have to acknowledge that there's no guarantee that he'd succeed in that transition.

I'd like it to work out for him in the evantuality of him arriving here, of course, because he's a likeable fella, but it's a risk.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Neil Critchley on 12:31 - Dec 9 with 1918 viewsWadR

His play style is antithetical to either of our last two managers.

While I know there's historically been an argument that he's doing well with the hand he's been dealt, which I think at one point was a reasonable argument, they've now got one of the bigger wage budgets in League 1 (can afford Vokes, Mawson, Scowen etc. wages) and still play very staid, direct, timewasting heavy football.

Just don't see how he fits with the profile of our team or the way we clearly want to play. And think we saw in the Ramsey -> JFH -> Holloway -> McClaren era how counter productive it is switching between very different managers.
Neil Critchley on 12:31 - Dec 9 with 1904 viewsdaveB

Neil Critchley on 12:28 - Dec 9 by ChrisNW6

Sky Bet shennanigans, publish an unfounded rumour, get a few last minute bets on Ainsworth to limit the losses on Critchley.

or the club saw the reaction to Critchley which wasn't great so leak this about Ainsworth and quickly see how well received Critchley is tomorrow

I can't see it being Ainsworth but Warnock was labelled long ball when he came in as well but he didn't do too badly mixing the passing style with more direct football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024