Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Critchley 07:52 - Dec 8 with 30388 viewsNortholt_Rs

Odds on to become our new manager. Underwhelming choice or the right man for the job?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Neil Critchley on 15:33 - Dec 8 with 3963 viewsMrSheen

Neil Critchley on 15:15 - Dec 8 by BklynRanger

That's fine but, if successful, I wouldn't mind seeing a 6 or 7 minute video piece on the offish to that effect, within a day or two of Critchley's prospective appointment.

Ideally a scientist, or scientist-in-training armed with one of those anatomical brain models pointing out the main areas of the one's bonce related to thought (including football thought), ethics, judgement, honesty, all of that. And maybe a few scans to show the differences between the two managers.

I think that would put me at ease somewhat.

Or surveillance video of him locked in a room with a bowler hat and orange sash, to check he can go ten minutes without trying one or other on.
Neil Critchley on 15:40 - Dec 8 with 3898 viewsconnell10

One things for sure he whoever gets the gig will have a massive job making me believe anything that comes outta their mouth! I won't get fooled again.....hopefully.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Neil Critchley on 15:46 - Dec 8 with 3869 viewsBklynRanger

Neil Critchley on 15:33 - Dec 8 by MrSheen

Or surveillance video of him locked in a room with a bowler hat and orange sash, to check he can go ten minutes without trying one or other on.

Maybe leave a tray of cheese and pineapple on sticks in the corner too, see if he demolishes them
Neil Critchley on 15:57 - Dec 8 with 3780 viewscolinallcars

Neil Critchley….sounds like the Conservative MP for Arundel and South Downs.
Neil Critchley on 16:03 - Dec 8 with 3737 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Neil Critchley on 15:15 - Dec 8 by BklynRanger

That's fine but, if successful, I wouldn't mind seeing a 6 or 7 minute video piece on the offish to that effect, within a day or two of Critchley's prospective appointment.

Ideally a scientist, or scientist-in-training armed with one of those anatomical brain models pointing out the main areas of the one's bonce related to thought (including football thought), ethics, judgement, honesty, all of that. And maybe a few scans to show the differences between the two managers.

I think that would put me at ease somewhat.

Aren't most managers a bit, you know, dodgy when it comes to the old H&I stakes?

As I cast my mind back over the last 70 odd that we've had managing us since the 80s, not many spring to mind as being such, that I'd be confident they could deliver the first reading at church without fear of being struck by a bolt of lightening.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Neil Critchley on 16:05 - Dec 8 with 3724 viewsPinnerPaul

Neil Critchley on 09:37 - Dec 8 by hertshoops

If it's to be Critchley (which has seemed from the off to be the obvious choice), what do we know about him aside from the google info ?

I freely admit I know naff all about his character, but I'd love him to be less chatty than the last incumbent. Beale's constant wittering on with explanations was great to begin with, but even before the GR thing I was getting irritated with him talking for the sake of it

I'd like whoever is plonked into the hotseat to fly us under the radar a bit more, minimise the chat and concentrate on coaching the team

This team has the potential to do really well, but the off pitch circus is not constructive
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 9:40]

I think its safe to say, as Clive has said, whoever the new bloke is, he's going to say things that get on your nerves in the end - they all do!
Neil Critchley on 16:07 - Dec 8 with 3705 viewsPinnerPaul

Neil Critchley on 08:06 - Dec 8 by Northernr

We'd all have been happy with him in the summer.
+ Continuity candidate.
+ Comes in with his eyes wide open on FFP and everything else because he knows Beale.
+ Cheap - no compensation package which I said right from the start would be a problem with Cifuentes and others but nobody listened because "Swedish journalist says..."
+ Developed players at Blackpool, sold Bowler for good money.

- Would hope there's a hefty clause in his deal to deter him from simply walking out whenever Steven gerrard gets another job.
- Not exactly screaming 'loyalty' after walking out on Blackpool to be an assistant.
- Part of that whole Beale/Liverpool gang which might have put us off.
- Relied very heavily on loans at Blackpool, though perhaps that was just the circumstances there.

Your notes about his connections with Mr B are interesting.

Proves what I was saying to SE and others, what would have it achieved by Hoos and Les, wading into Beale in public - not being able to consider Critchley for a start!
Neil Critchley on 16:08 - Dec 8 with 3689 viewsPinnerPaul

Neil Critchley on 09:41 - Dec 8 by francisbowles

Not going to happen with the club's media department, sky sports, click bait sites, talk shite etc etc.

Very good point, impossible to run that side of things like its the 1970s in 2022!
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Critchley on 16:12 - Dec 8 with 3661 viewsPinnerPaul

Neil Critchley on 09:42 - Dec 8 by EastR

nearly there PP

When he left we were 7th. This time last year after the same number of games (21) we were 5th, 4 points better off with 35.
If the benchmark for MB was to compare with MW then he fell short when he left.

Well we are/were 6th when NC arrives, but we're nit picking.

Your point about MB v MW is valid.

We're probably both wrong though, a full season is really the only fair comparison and for whatever reasons MW never quite managed to get that 'right' ie the play offs and MB OBVIOUSLY never did a full season and if we're being ultra fair I suppose we should only judge new bloke, whoever he is at the end of 2023/24 - won't happen as I bet he won't be here then!
Neil Critchley on 16:13 - Dec 8 with 3651 viewsPinnerPaul

Neil Critchley on 09:49 - Dec 8 by Northernr

He led us to sixth in October. By that benchmark, McClaren was a good manager for us.

Yes, with some thought (for a change!) I've qualified my thoughts above!
Neil Critchley on 17:46 - Dec 8 with 3276 viewsR_from_afar

Neil Critchley on 15:06 - Dec 8 by Match82

It's a decision which could be worth millions, if he was a viable option I assume they'd want to actually interview him in person if he was/became a realistic option. Much easier to get a true sense of someone face to face.

Which part of his anatomy other than his face would he have been showing on a Zoom call? I have to ask

PS: Sorry, I take your very valid point, I just couldn't resist it . For one thing, you can't smell a rat or BS over a Zoom call.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Neil Critchley on 18:11 - Dec 8 with 3158 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Neil Critchley on 14:40 - Dec 8 by PlanetHonneywood

If he is to be the new manager, then good luck to him and may he and we enjoy success at QPR.

And let us not make the poisoned chalice that is the QPR job any harder, by proceeding from day 1 on the basis that he is the Beale-incarnate.

Agreed.

Just because he worked with Beale, doesn't mean they had the same views and/or morals.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Neil Critchley on 18:22 - Dec 8 with 3079 viewsEastR

If it was him and he could use some influence to get Bowler here in Jan on loan with the money we save from Balogan heading north, I'd be delighted

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Neil Critchley on 18:38 - Dec 8 with 2997 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Neil Critchley on 18:22 - Dec 8 by EastR

If it was him and he could use some influence to get Bowler here in Jan on loan with the money we save from Balogan heading north, I'd be delighted

From what I was just reading, if Bowler is recalled he can only play for Forest or return to Blackpool this season, due to some rule or other.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Neil Critchley on 18:53 - Dec 8 with 2906 viewsthame_hoops

Neil Critchley on 09:49 - Dec 8 by Northernr

He led us to sixth in October. By that benchmark, McClaren was a good manager for us.

Lordy, Completely forgot that McClaren was our manager at one point
Neil Critchley on 19:03 - Dec 8 with 2822 viewsngbqpr

I get the "omg is he cut from the same cloth as PBBC" fears...similar backgrounds etc...but I can't see any likely job offer coming his way in the forseeable from any of his previous employers (Liverpool, Blackpool, Villa), so there's no obvious "this is the one job I'd leave for" risk.

I just want someone who doesn't talk half as much as Beale. I'm sure we'd all welcome a bit of Warbs-like gentlemanly, softly spoken stability just now.

"The squad is in good shape...lots of potential...looking forward to building on the foundations laid by Mark & Mick"....then just crack on.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Neil Critchley on 19:29 - Dec 8 with 2723 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Have to ask..."PBBC"?

Neil Critchley on 19:30 - Dec 8 with 2719 viewsCiderwithRsie

Neil Critchley on 08:24 - Dec 8 by dmm

If this is true I hope we get to hear the reasons why Cifuentes wasn't chosen.

I think if I was Les Ferdinand or Lee Hoos I might get a tee-shirt with "We're effing skint" printed on it and just wear it to all press conferences.
Neil Critchley on 19:37 - Dec 8 with 2655 viewsNortholt_Rs

Neil Critchley on 19:29 - Dec 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to ask..."PBBC"?

Pot Bellied Beale Cnt

Neil Critchley on 19:54 - Dec 8 with 2514 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Neil Critchley on 19:29 - Dec 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to ask..."PBBC"?

Are you sure you are ready Brian its not pretty haha
Neil Critchley on 19:58 - Dec 8 with 2464 viewsflynnbo

Neil Critchley on 19:37 - Dec 8 by Northolt_Rs

Pot Bellied Beale Cnt

Should be "Pot Bellied Bullshitting Cnt".
Neil Critchley on 20:03 - Dec 8 with 2405 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I could have guessed the C, I s'pose!

Neil Critchley on 20:18 - Dec 8 with 2294 viewsMatch82

Neil Critchley on 15:30 - Dec 8 by daveB

true but thats not always possible and as Clive has said it was a non starter with the cost anyway

Agree. My point was that if he was a realistic (let's say top 3 after everything considered) candidate, he'd be flown in. As he wasn't, as far as I know, that suggests that either he wasnt being seriously considered - whether for personal preference reasons or for contractual ones
Neil Critchley on 20:19 - Dec 8 with 2276 viewsNortholt_Rs

Neil Critchley on 19:58 - Dec 8 by flynnbo

Should be "Pot Bellied Bullshitting Cnt".

I prefer my version

Neil Critchley on 20:42 - Dec 8 with 2125 viewsBklynRanger

It's Pot Bellied Bromley C×nt to be specific. Can't completely remember who came up with it but it's in the first 8-10 pages of the main PBBC thread. Deserves to go viral.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024