Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Official 19:01 - Dec 11 with 24152 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/neil-critchley-named-qpr-head-coach-111222/
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 19:03]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Critchley Official on 15:06 - Dec 12 with 2588 viewsHayesender

Critchley Official on 14:46 - Dec 12 by PinnerPaul

and I repeat - which is why it was always a nonsense to expect players/staff to come out and slag MB off - small world football.

Also a nonsense I might respectfully add, to think just because they are "best mates" ie have worked together, that their characters will be identical!

I've worked with many people over the years who I absolutely hated. Maybe Critchley thinks Beale is a PBBC as well

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Critchley Official on 15:10 - Dec 12 with 2542 viewsdaveB

Critchley Official on 14:08 - Dec 12 by R_from_afar

Good points.

On FFP, I have long felt that it should not be based on turnover because that becomes an instant handicap for clubs with smaller grounds and / or smaller fanbases. I would prefer a system which limited all the clubs in the division to a certain figure - the same figure - for all their player related costs.

That avoids the current, crazy issue with smaller clubs having to try to find some almost magical way of competing with clubs who have greater FFP headroom.

The premier League are trying to change the FFP rules so that the EFL and the Premier League do the same thing, this would also see an end to parachute payments. Will be interesting to see if it goes through
Critchley Official on 15:12 - Dec 12 with 2531 viewsCiderwithRsie

Critchley Official on 15:06 - Dec 12 by Hayesender

I've worked with many people over the years who I absolutely hated. Maybe Critchley thinks Beale is a PBBC as well

Indeed.

But even if they genuinely are mates, PP is right that it doesn't follow they are similar characters. It's a bit like the raised eyebrows on this site at some of the positive things Clint Hill has said about Joey Barton. Sometimes it's a chalk-and-cheese thing.
Critchley Official on 15:31 - Dec 12 with 2431 viewsstrikerace

Does Critchley have any other offers yet?
Critchley Official on 15:36 - Dec 12 with 2370 viewsDamo1962

Critchley Official on 12:53 - Dec 12 by dutch

what's a double pivot?

That's the problem with modern football to me - it's too over complicated Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€°
Critchley Official on 15:36 - Dec 12 with 2383 viewsBoston

Critchley Official on 12:53 - Dec 12 by dutch

what's a double pivot?

All the money your parents forked out on ballet lessons and...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Critchley Official on 15:42 - Dec 12 with 2361 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley Official on 15:12 - Dec 12 by CiderwithRsie

Indeed.

But even if they genuinely are mates, PP is right that it doesn't follow they are similar characters. It's a bit like the raised eyebrows on this site at some of the positive things Clint Hill has said about Joey Barton. Sometimes it's a chalk-and-cheese thing.

Yep football relationships seem strange at times to the outsiders like us.

Ned thought Hughes was OK, Mackie couldn't stand him, but like Clint was/is in regular contact with Joey.

All very odd looking in.
Critchley Official on 16:23 - Dec 12 with 2193 viewsdmm

Lee Hoos says he lost a stone in weight during the Beale departure but seems quite pleased with that. At least there's one good thing that's come out of the shyster leaving.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley Official on 16:25 - Dec 12 with 2183 viewsPinnerPaul

Eyes down looking for the rousing interview at 5.00pm

That sounds very mean I know as the media team have a job to do after all.
Critchley Official on 16:34 - Dec 12 with 2126 viewsNorthernr

Critchley Official on 16:25 - Dec 12 by PinnerPaul

Eyes down looking for the rousing interview at 5.00pm

That sounds very mean I know as the media team have a job to do after all.

Needs to be really straight with people.
Critchley Official on 16:58 - Dec 12 with 2024 viewsdmm

Just watched it. He seems a very different character to the shyster, which is good. Quite reserved and thoughtful, perhaps even too much so in this interview but I'd rather that than the billy big bollox stuff of our previous incumbent.

Anyway, welcome Neil. We wish you well.
Critchley Official on 17:13 - Dec 12 with 1942 viewsHAYESBOY

Critchley Official on 16:58 - Dec 12 by dmm

Just watched it. He seems a very different character to the shyster, which is good. Quite reserved and thoughtful, perhaps even too much so in this interview but I'd rather that than the billy big bollox stuff of our previous incumbent.

Anyway, welcome Neil. We wish you well.

I thought that. But that might be as a result of Beale and what's happened previously. He is possibly purposely keeping it low key.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Critchley Official on 17:22 - Dec 12 with 1869 viewsPunteR

Critchley Official on 14:46 - Dec 12 by PinnerPaul

and I repeat - which is why it was always a nonsense to expect players/staff to come out and slag MB off - small world football.

Also a nonsense I might respectfully add, to think just because they are "best mates" ie have worked together, that their characters will be identical!

I wasnt thinking along the lines of 2 peas in a pod. I was just kinda hoping Critchley would use Beales stich up job to galvanise the team and the fans. I mean Beale obviously thought he was better than everyone involved with the club.
It is a small world in football and yes perhaps some players would choose not to publicly slag Beale off although some involved in media have . But i was thinking behind the scenes it could be a small issue for Critchley.
But then what do i know ? .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Critchley Official on 17:23 - Dec 12 with 1863 viewsNorthantsHoop

I think he will do fine, helped by a new lead coaching team that he has brought in.
Critchley Official on 17:23 - Dec 12 with 1857 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/neil-critchleys-first-interview-121222/

Here's the interview.

Yes agree with others. A very different style of character but that's no bad thing. Seems to have brought some very good people in with him who have a good reputation. As I said, not easy to turn current form around and raise the players and the fans from the deflation of what Beale ended up doing, so I think if he can motivate the squad, get us some ugly points and then start to rebuild a style he would have done well.

But we absolutely must give him time so if we see a poor result at the weekend I think we should be allowed to kick anyone who says he's rubbish up the arse. At least give him until the Cardiff game! :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Critchley Official on 17:26 - Dec 12 with 1840 viewsfrancisbowles

Critchley Official on 17:13 - Dec 12 by HAYESBOY

I thought that. But that might be as a result of Beale and what's happened previously. He is possibly purposely keeping it low key.

Not as smooth or fluent, trying to pick his words carefully, ensuring he referred to the past but didn't mention his predecessor by name.

I'm pleased it's him. His coaching CV is very impressive and he has management experience as well.
Critchley Official on 17:28 - Dec 12 with 1829 viewsNorthernr

Critchley Official on 17:23 - Dec 12 by bosh67

Here's the interview.

Yes agree with others. A very different style of character but that's no bad thing. Seems to have brought some very good people in with him who have a good reputation. As I said, not easy to turn current form around and raise the players and the fans from the deflation of what Beale ended up doing, so I think if he can motivate the squad, get us some ugly points and then start to rebuild a style he would have done well.

But we absolutely must give him time so if we see a poor result at the weekend I think we should be allowed to kick anyone who says he's rubbish up the arse. At least give him until the Cardiff game! :)

Different character would be very welcome indeed.
If he can open his gob without spewing out a string of untruths he's already ahead.
Critchley Official on 17:31 - Dec 12 with 1799 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley Official on 17:28 - Dec 12 by Northernr

Different character would be very welcome indeed.
If he can open his gob without spewing out a string of untruths he's already ahead.

But as you have said, he will come up with some guff we can all laugh/rant at - they ALL do...in the end!
Critchley Official on 17:43 - Dec 12 with 1719 viewsQPR_Jim

Critchley Official on 17:26 - Dec 12 by francisbowles

Not as smooth or fluent, trying to pick his words carefully, ensuring he referred to the past but didn't mention his predecessor by name.

I'm pleased it's him. His coaching CV is very impressive and he has management experience as well.

He was also very careful not to give too much away in regards to the formation and tactics. Hopefully he can tweak the way we play and catch Preston off guard, if we win up there he'll be hailed as a miracle worker.
Critchley Official on 17:45 - Dec 12 with 1701 viewsJuzzie

It always makes me laff when interviewers ask Managers/coach questions about tactics. I mean, you may as well play poker with your cards facing outwards.
Critchley Official on 17:48 - Dec 12 with 1680 viewsdannyblue

Neil and the ones he's brought in are all a bit northern. No harm in that in itself, and Neil W had success here obviously.

But I have this kind of daydream that given our location and status, long term we could do well forming an identity that appeals to london kids with west, east or north african parents. Get the Moroccans and Nigerians and Ghanaians and Somalis. Let Barnsley or Sunderland have the northern lads, and Southampton the posh boys...
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 17:59]
Critchley Official on 17:53 - Dec 12 with 1662 viewsPunteR

Critchley Official on 17:23 - Dec 12 by bosh67

Here's the interview.

He seems like a nice mild mannered chap.

Welcome to QPR.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Critchley Official on 18:05 - Dec 12 with 1612 viewsHayesender

Critchley Official on 17:48 - Dec 12 by dannyblue

Neil and the ones he's brought in are all a bit northern. No harm in that in itself, and Neil W had success here obviously.

But I have this kind of daydream that given our location and status, long term we could do well forming an identity that appeals to london kids with west, east or north african parents. Get the Moroccans and Nigerians and Ghanaians and Somalis. Let Barnsley or Sunderland have the northern lads, and Southampton the posh boys...
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 17:59]

Wasn't there a Moroccan fella in charge of Stevenage when Chair was on loan there?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Critchley Official on 18:14 - Dec 12 with 1542 viewsChrisNW6

Close my eyes and all I can hear is Craig Cash 'Where's Baby David'

Definitely got a bit of the Royal family and Googlebox about him Γ°ΕΈΛœβ‚¬
Critchley Official on 18:18 - Dec 12 with 1514 viewsdm97

Quite likeable to me, softly spoken and considerate. Less city salesman than PBBC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024