Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Official 19:01 - Dec 11 with 24150 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/neil-critchley-named-qpr-head-coach-111222/
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 19:03]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Critchley Official on 22:47 - Dec 11 with 2810 viewskropotkin41

Just on the basis that Iain Brunskill looks like he might wear an old brown coat, smoke a cigar and turn around on his way out of the dressing room and say "Just one more thing," I think we'll be fine.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Critchley Official on 22:56 - Dec 11 with 2744 viewsted_hendrix

Critchley Official on 22:32 - Dec 11 by Northernr

This is a team entirely reliant on four players being fit and playing well. Three of them they need to sell, except one of them is a goalkeeper so you never get good money for those, one of them (bless him) is top end Championship and that market has died, and one of them has 18 months on his contract and has no intention of signing a new one and any attempts to sell him meantime will be undermined by hamstring problems which are clearly still an issue for him.

From that we have to find £10m by this time next year. Before you start spending any serious money at all on correcting the clear and obvious problems with this team.

When any manager takes a job he wants to know what he's getting paid, and how much he's got to spend. At QPR the answer to the second question at this point is -£10m. And fan expectation, as always, will be "sign a fcking striker" in January.

It's a tough gig.

He knows full well what he's signed up for, he's done the interview and sold himself to the club.

I'm not interested in what he say's, I've heard all that crap before from different Managers.

The last arsehole that worked here left us In this mess and ran away.

Right now, right this second I'm pissed right off with QPR, pissed off about results, pissed off about the whole shebang.

I'll give this bloke a go, of course I will, tough job or not he's taken It on with eyes wide open.

Lets see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Critchley Official on 22:57 - Dec 11 with 2733 viewsHunterhoop

This is a team entirely reliant on four players being fit and playing well. Three of them they need to sell, except one of them is a goalkeeper so you never get good money for those, one of them (bless him) is top end Championship and that market has died, and one of them has 18 months on his contract and has no intention of signing a new one and any attempts to sell him meantime will be undermined by hamstring problems which are clearly still an issue for him.

From that we have to find £10m by this time next year. Before you start spending any serious money at all on correcting the clear and obvious problems with this team.

When any manager takes a job he wants to know what he's getting paid, and how much he's got to spend. At QPR the answer to the second question at this point is -£10m. And fan expectation, as always, will be "sign a fcking striker" in January.

It's a tough gig.

Clive, take a breath. That is myopically negative.

There are challenges. There are opportunities. You are an excellent iron weather c*ck,

We can still win some games.
Critchley Official on 22:59 - Dec 11 with 2715 viewsNorthernr

Critchley Official on 22:57 - Dec 11 by Hunterhoop

Clive, take a breath. That is myopically negative.

There are challenges. There are opportunities. You are an excellent iron weather c*ck,

We can still win some games.

Take a breath yourself and listen to me back. Watch how this disintegrates once the next set of accounts comes out, and Willock becomes basically unsellable. The thing starts to hinge on how much you could get for Dieng and Chair. And the answer to that is not much.
Critchley Official on 23:01 - Dec 11 with 2688 viewsMatch82

We'll beat Preston. You heard it hear first. Bout time we got one of these new manager bounces I've been hearing about for decades.
Critchley Official on 23:06 - Dec 11 with 2648 viewsHunterhoop

Critchley Official on 22:59 - Dec 11 by Northernr

Take a breath yourself and listen to me back. Watch how this disintegrates once the next set of accounts comes out, and Willock becomes basically unsellable. The thing starts to hinge on how much you could get for Dieng and Chair. And the answer to that is not much.

No one is saying the finances aren’t tough, least of all me.

No is saying we don’t have to sell.

No one is saying we shouldn’t have to sell the family silver.

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS SH*T.

But take breath. Recognise when you might have slipped the net. We still have a top 10/6 first XI. If a good coach can sort things out, we might have lots of sellable assets on our hands.
Critchley Official on 23:10 - Dec 11 with 2625 viewsNorthernr

Hope so. Gonna need them.
Critchley Official on 23:17 - Dec 11 with 2575 viewsHunterhoop

Critchley Official on 23:10 - Dec 11 by Northernr

I hope so too.

Believing it had happened and getting down about the future helps no one.

I’m not saying let’s ignore reality. But we need to get behind the team. Today was pathetic.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley Official on 23:21 - Dec 11 with 2553 viewsBoston

Critchley Official on 19:20 - Dec 11 by tkqpr

He might of been free but his assistant wasn’t.

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2022/december/garrity-makes-qpr-move/

Welcome Neil & Co

Don't like the look of this Garrity, are there no pretty people out of a job at the moment?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Critchley Official on 23:25 - Dec 11 with 2542 viewsNorthernr

We definitely need to get behind the team.

This manager needs to get together a little group that care about it, he needs to hunker down and foster a siege, he needs to really utilise that "fck Mick Beale" thing that I heard coming down from your part of the ground today (v difficult given he's his bessie mate), and he needs to weaponise all of that. He's got zero money to do anything with this squad and there's some players here who now blatantly don't give a fck now the 'you versus yourself' Beale drama plot has left them.

We need the fans to pile in behind that and do what they can. Get a little bit old-school Wimbledon about it. Critchley did this superbly at Blackpool, the atmosphere up there for our game last season was the best I've been subject to in the Championship for a long time, so we need a lot of that now.

From a fan's point of view though, you need to do more than that today as you say. If you're pulling out of tackles for fear of jeopardising your loan to somewhere else second half of the season, don't expect me to be singing a fcking song about it.
Critchley Official on 23:27 - Dec 11 with 2532 viewsHunterhoop

Critchley Official on 23:25 - Dec 11 by Northernr

This manager needs to get together a little group that care about it, he needs to hunker down and foster a siege, he needs to really utilise that "fck Mick Beale" thing that I heard coming down from your part of the ground today (v difficult given he's his bessie mate), and he needs to weaponise all of that. He's got zero money to do anything with this squad and there's some players here who now blatantly don't give a fck now the 'you versus yourself' Beale drama plot has left them.

We need the fans to pile in behind that and do what they can. Get a little bit old-school Wimbledon about it. Critchley did this superbly at Blackpool, the atmosphere up there for our game last season was the best I've been subject to in the Championship for a long time, so we need a lot of that now.

From a fan's point of view though, you need to do more than that today as you say. If you're pulling out of tackles for fear of jeopardising your loan to somewhere else second half of the season, don't expect me to be singing a fcking song about it.

Agree with all of that,

But the opportunity is there for it. It’s not rocket science.
Critchley Official on 23:28 - Dec 11 with 2532 viewsDejR_vu

None of it will be the DoF’s fault though. 🤪

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Critchley Official on 00:17 - Dec 12 with 2378 viewsVancouverHoop

Critchley Official on 23:27 - Dec 11 by Hunterhoop

Agree with all of that,

But the opportunity is there for it. It’s not rocket science.

Rocket science is easy – It's theory. Rocket engineering, OTOH, is bloody difficult you have to make the thing actually fly. Same with football. You can talk about it till you're blue in the face, (as we've experienced recently) but making it happen on the pitch is a different matter.
Critchley Official on 00:19 - Dec 12 with 2378 viewsR_from_afar

Critchley Official on 22:47 - Dec 11 by kropotkin41

Just on the basis that Iain Brunskill looks like he might wear an old brown coat, smoke a cigar and turn around on his way out of the dressing room and say "Just one more thing," I think we'll be fine.

Haha I like that👍.

I think he looks like Robert De Niro's younger brother.

If that is some comfort to you all in these trying times, well, at least I will have achieved something useful this week

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Critchley Official on 00:28 - Dec 12 with 2338 viewsLoftgirl

Critchley Official on 19:33 - Dec 11 by Rangersw12

Great news

Lincoln fans saying what a great coach the assistant is aswell so fingers crossed it works out

Hope the first thing he does is put Dickie back in the side

And Inkman out.
Critchley Official on 00:45 - Dec 12 with 2288 viewsPunteR

Critchley is best mates with Beale??

FFS.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Critchley Official on 00:57 - Dec 12 with 2265 viewsNorthantsHoop

Agree with all of this, but we need to find a way to overcome a soft under belly that other teams see when facing QPR. Attractive football is all good and fine, but if you can't deliver results with it in this division you never progress unless you have a big budget. Have to wait and see what the Critchley regime brings within the constraints he will be given.
Critchley Official on 01:51 - Dec 12 with 2194 viewsWatfordR

My opinion FWIW:

it isn't the club's fault that the @rse has fallen out of the transfer market for Championship players. Even if you set aside money spent on having a go at promotion last season, if there is no way to generate funds from selling players at this level unless they are performing like Messi at 19 years of age, then the FFP model as it stands is useless because every club outside the Prem will be financially unsustainable. Four years ago, we'd have been able to get good money for Dieng, Willock or Chair in a similar way to Eze, but that isn't where the market is now and I don't see why that would change any time soon.

I'm not saying this to try and bail out the board here, but the approach has to change from the top of football down, and that might mean for example forcing a contract cap on all clubs (Prem included) where the salary and bonuses bill cannot exceed a certain percentage of turnover. I think around 50% would be about right. Run down existing contracts, enforce the cap on anything new and the problem for clubs could largely be overcome in four years.

The other alternative is to allow owners to spend what they wish as long as all debt created is converted to equity, as our lot did some time ago. Then the problem doesn't belong to the club, it belongs to the owners.

It is utterly ridiculous to have a set of FFP rules handed down years ago that are considered to be set in stone while the world changes around them. Clubs have been hammered like many others by lockdown and inflation, none of which were anyone's horizon three years ago. Just carving these rules in concrete and saying job done is fundamentally stupid.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 1:54]
Critchley Official on 02:10 - Dec 12 with 2167 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It's a tough gig.

A delusional optimist asks:

How do we compare to other clubs in the division on this? Is it the case we’re all equally fcked in the same boat so we’ll not be any worse off because everyone else has to shed their best players too?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 2:18]
Critchley Official on 02:12 - Dec 12 with 2164 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley Official on 01:51 - Dec 12 by WatfordR

My opinion FWIW:

it isn't the club's fault that the @rse has fallen out of the transfer market for Championship players. Even if you set aside money spent on having a go at promotion last season, if there is no way to generate funds from selling players at this level unless they are performing like Messi at 19 years of age, then the FFP model as it stands is useless because every club outside the Prem will be financially unsustainable. Four years ago, we'd have been able to get good money for Dieng, Willock or Chair in a similar way to Eze, but that isn't where the market is now and I don't see why that would change any time soon.

I'm not saying this to try and bail out the board here, but the approach has to change from the top of football down, and that might mean for example forcing a contract cap on all clubs (Prem included) where the salary and bonuses bill cannot exceed a certain percentage of turnover. I think around 50% would be about right. Run down existing contracts, enforce the cap on anything new and the problem for clubs could largely be overcome in four years.

The other alternative is to allow owners to spend what they wish as long as all debt created is converted to equity, as our lot did some time ago. Then the problem doesn't belong to the club, it belongs to the owners.

It is utterly ridiculous to have a set of FFP rules handed down years ago that are considered to be set in stone while the world changes around them. Clubs have been hammered like many others by lockdown and inflation, none of which were anyone's horizon three years ago. Just carving these rules in concrete and saying job done is fundamentally stupid.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 1:54]

I might be wrong but I think clubs got to skip a year of FFP because of lockdown and inflation is taken into consideration already.

On the total salary expenditure cap, there was some advocate (Swiss Ramble maybe?) a while ago who suggested 40% of income. I think it’s a great idea and preferable to a arbitrary salary cup of individuals.

Will encourage EFL owners to invest in facilities and stadiums rather than the pockets of Premiership has beens with no re sale value.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 2:17]
Critchley Official on 02:24 - Dec 12 with 2158 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Critchley Official on 23:10 - Dec 11 by Northernr

Lets just win promotion then and ease all our financial issues .
Seriously if we have players who wont run through fire for QPR they have to be sent packing
If the fans spend good money that they probably could use for living expenses the least they deserve is heart and desire on the pitch which has dissapeared for a month now
Critchley Official on 03:48 - Dec 12 with 2076 viewsstainrods_elbow

Have these figures/prognosis been corroborated by the wonderfully competent and transparently honest Mr Hoos, Clive? You seem to know more about the club's operating budget than anyone in it ever publicises. Mind you, we're only the fans.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 3:52]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Critchley Official on 04:28 - Dec 12 with 2064 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It's a tough gig.

This is the problem when you're run by people who take magic beans in lieu of payment.

We keep thinking it's easy to stand still and cut our cloth accordingly but that really means stagnating and going backwards while FFP exists.

The likes of Ferdinand genuinely believe that simply setting up a youth system means you're guaranteed a steady stream of assets to sell off year after year. I think we can see the reality now.
Critchley Official on 06:56 - Dec 12 with 1897 viewsDorse

I look at it like this: if the Beale situation never happened, would Critchley be the manager I would want for us?

Absolutely.

The circumstances are the issue, not the appointment or the man. It won't stop the mouth breathers on Twitter telling him to sign a striker but that just shows he's been accepted as one of us. After all, they don't tweet Jurgen Klopp, do they? Nurse, I'm ready for my pills now.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Critchley Official on 07:23 - Dec 12 with 1800 viewsRanger_Things

Another bloke I have no idea about, but he’s Rangers now so I’ll cheer him on until he no longer is.

Neil Critchley’s Blue and White Army..
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024