Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Official 19:01 - Dec 11 with 24148 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/neil-critchley-named-qpr-head-coach-111222/
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 19:03]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Critchley Official on 20:15 - Dec 11 with 3446 viewsSakura

Happy with this appointment. Hopefully some much needed stability

He can be quite spikey which I think we need as todays embarrassingly passive performance shows
Critchley Official on 20:16 - Dec 11 with 3470 viewsflynnbo

Fingers crossed he can turn around this slump in form and that we’ve agreed a substantial “poaching” clause which suits all parties concerned. However, these things are not always straightforward. Good luck, Neil and COYRs ⚽️
Critchley Official on 20:20 - Dec 11 with 3420 viewsnix

Might be a similarly ambitious guy to Beale but at least he did two years at Blackpool, won promotion and kept them up. So actually a more complete CV than Beale and hopefully wants to spend a bit of time consolidating his progress rather than looking for the next shiny thing.
Critchley Official on 20:20 - Dec 11 with 3412 viewsR_from_afar

Critchley Official on 20:05 - Dec 11 by dmm

I am quite happy it's Critchely. All things considered, I think it's probably best to lower any expectations we might have had of a top six finish this season. Today made me feel the Beale episode has hit the players and fans pretty hard. It'll be quite a job picking things up.

Let's finish a comfy 16th and go again next season.

Yes, let's not expect too much too soon. I am praying that the board and fans will be patient with him. We may well go on some losing runs and he will definitely make substitutions people don't agree with.

The squad is competitive when everyone is available, fit and in form but it's thin, and in my humble opinion, top 10 at best not top 6, currently...

Good luck, Neil, let's have you and QPR make history, in a positive way, together.

PS: Great to get that Lincoln coach too

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Critchley Official on 20:25 - Dec 11 with 3351 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackpool-liverpool-blackbur

Info on Iain Brunskill.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Critchley Official on 20:27 - Dec 11 with 3320 viewsted_hendrix

Critchley Official on 20:16 - Dec 11 by flynnbo

Fingers crossed he can turn around this slump in form and that we’ve agreed a substantial “poaching” clause which suits all parties concerned. However, these things are not always straightforward. Good luck, Neil and COYRs ⚽️

The bloke has got one hell of a serious job on his hands and who'd want to take on PNE away from home for their first game considering how PNE beat the hell out of Blackburn yesterday In Blackburns own back yard.

Like It or not we're a bloody mess at the moment right across the board, desperate for an uplift and hopefully this bloke can do It but I reckon It's gonna take a bit of time and patience.

The f ucking players need to jump on board too.

We'll see I guess.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Critchley Official on 20:28 - Dec 11 with 3308 viewsbosh67

Oh Neil Critchley's magic
He loves a sausage roll
He hasn't gone to Rangers
And he doesn't have a mole
He'll stop us being awful
And add a bit of class
Let's hope there's not a better job
Or he'll f*ck us up the Rs!
Oh...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Critchley Official on 20:31 - Dec 11 with 3277 viewsDorse

Clive already hates him for not arriving before the last preview.

Shame on you Norf. Give the man a chance.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Critchley Official on 20:36 - Dec 11 with 3208 viewsflynnbo

Critchley Official on 20:25 - Dec 11 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackpool-liverpool-blackbur

Info on Iain Brunskill.

Interesting reading. Thanks for posting.
Critchley Official on 20:38 - Dec 11 with 3190 viewsNortholt_Rs

Critchley Official on 20:31 - Dec 11 by Dorse

Clive already hates him for not arriving before the last preview.

Shame on you Norf. Give the man a chance.

He was never going to come in with Burnley as his first game and a dead cert loss…. If nothing else, he’s not daft! Welcome aboard Neil.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Critchley Official on 20:40 - Dec 11 with 3164 viewsstevec

Once again, Into the lions den.

Poor sod. Good luck.
Critchley Official on 20:40 - Dec 11 with 3175 viewsDejR_vu

At least these guys look like football coaches. I half expected MB's team of fat men to be caught on camera, in one of those training videos, smoking on the sidelines and necking a kebab.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Critchley Official on 21:00 - Dec 11 with 2961 viewsCamberleyR

Critchley Official on 20:38 - Dec 11 by Northolt_Rs

He was never going to come in with Burnley as his first game and a dead cert loss…. If nothing else, he’s not daft! Welcome aboard Neil.

And Preston away won't be? Did you see them smash up Blackburn yesterday on their own turf?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Critchley Official on 21:03 - Dec 11 with 2940 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Promotion and FA Cup 4th round here we come!

In Critch Almighty, we trust.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Critchley Official on 21:04 - Dec 11 with 2936 viewsnix

Critchley Official on 21:00 - Dec 11 by CamberleyR

And Preston away won't be? Did you see them smash up Blackburn yesterday on their own turf?

Except that Preston have won double the number of games away as at home this season (only three at home) so not a foregone conclusion.
Critchley Official on 21:20 - Dec 11 with 2807 viewsBerkoRanger

Welcome, Neil - all the very best for your future with us.
Critchley Official on 21:32 - Dec 11 with 2726 viewsNoelmc

Some good news to finish off a football weekend that until then had been on a steep decline.

Welcome Neil plus your backroom team and good luck!
Critchley Official on 21:46 - Dec 11 with 2572 viewsHayesender

PBBC just can't help himself

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Critchley Official on 22:01 - Dec 11 with 2488 viewsdmm

Critchley Official on 21:46 - Dec 11 by Hayesender

PBBC just can't help himself

He'll do and say anything for a bit of self-promotion
Critchley Official on 22:21 - Dec 11 with 2357 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good news: based on today we needed someone in asap.
Critchley Official on 22:22 - Dec 11 with 2343 viewsNorthernr

This guy has a very, very difficult job on here.
Critchley Official on 22:27 - Dec 11 with 2301 viewsHayesender

Critchley Official on 22:22 - Dec 11 by Northernr

He must be having heart palpitations after watching that today

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Critchley Official on 22:28 - Dec 11 with 2288 viewsNorthernr

Critchley Official on 22:27 - Dec 11 by Hayesender

He must be having heart palpitations after watching that today

I wondered if he might be taking his Villa pay out and booking the first one way ticket they had out of Heathrow tonight.
Critchley Official on 22:29 - Dec 11 with 2282 viewsRangersw12

Critchley Official on 22:22 - Dec 11 by Northernr

All about trying to finish high as possible whilst fattening up Willock, Dickie or Seny for a sale

One thing gojng for him is that fans expectations is lowest its been for a while
Critchley Official on 22:32 - Dec 11 with 2255 viewsNorthernr

Critchley Official on 22:29 - Dec 11 by Rangersw12

All about trying to finish high as possible whilst fattening up Willock, Dickie or Seny for a sale

One thing gojng for him is that fans expectations is lowest its been for a while

This is a team entirely reliant on four players being fit and playing well. Three of them they need to sell, except one of them is a goalkeeper so you never get good money for those, one of them (bless him) is top end Championship and that market has died, and one of them has 18 months on his contract and has no intention of signing a new one and any attempts to sell him meantime will be undermined by hamstring problems which are clearly still an issue for him.

From that we have to find £10m by this time next year. Before you start spending any serious money at all on correcting the clear and obvious problems with this team.

When any manager takes a job he wants to know what he's getting paid, and how much he's got to spend. At QPR the answer to the second question at this point is -£10m. And fan expectation, as always, will be "sign a fcking striker" in January.

It's a tough gig.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024