Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Official 19:01 - Dec 11 with 24151 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/neil-critchley-named-qpr-head-coach-111222/
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 19:03]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Critchley Official on 07:35 - Dec 12 with 2907 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Critchley Official on 23:25 - Dec 11 by Northernr

We definitely need to get behind the team.

This manager needs to get together a little group that care about it, he needs to hunker down and foster a siege, he needs to really utilise that "fck Mick Beale" thing that I heard coming down from your part of the ground today (v difficult given he's his bessie mate), and he needs to weaponise all of that. He's got zero money to do anything with this squad and there's some players here who now blatantly don't give a fck now the 'you versus yourself' Beale drama plot has left them.

We need the fans to pile in behind that and do what they can. Get a little bit old-school Wimbledon about it. Critchley did this superbly at Blackpool, the atmosphere up there for our game last season was the best I've been subject to in the Championship for a long time, so we need a lot of that now.

From a fan's point of view though, you need to do more than that today as you say. If you're pulling out of tackles for fear of jeopardising your loan to somewhere else second half of the season, don't expect me to be singing a fcking song about it.

They need to ship some of the loan players back asap in January. Pulling out of tackles, jogging around, not closing down is bang out of order. Yesterday was shocking to watch.
Critchley has got a huge job on his hands to get these lads working as a team again. Good luck to him.

More worryingly, FFP breach is looming. I cant see anyway out of it. They need to try and cut the wage bill by losing some fringe players in January (Thomas, Bonne, Shodipo etc), but God knows who would take them. Despite the new manager, i feel thoroughly depressed with QPR at the moment.
Critchley Official on 07:42 - Dec 12 with 2856 viewstraininvain

This manager needs to get together a little group that care about it, he needs to hunker down and foster a siege, he needs to really utilise that "fck Mick Beale" thing that I heard coming down from your part of the ground today (v difficult given he's his bessie mate), and he needs to weaponise all of that. He's got zero money to do anything with this squad and there's some players here who now blatantly don't give a fck now the 'you versus yourself' Beale drama plot has left them.

We need the fans to pile in behind that and do what they can. Get a little bit old-school Wimbledon about it. Critchley did this superbly at Blackpool, the atmosphere up there for our game last season was the best I've been subject to in the Championship for a long time, so we need a lot of that now.

From a fan's point of view though, you need to do more than that today as you say. If you're pulling out of tackles for fear of jeopardising your loan to somewhere else second half of the season, don't expect me to be singing a fcking song about it.

Which loan player was pulling out of tackles?

Tim put himself about more than anyone else in the team and was perhaps lucky not to be sent off for an accumulation of fouls and bad challenges.

That leaves Laird and I don’t remember him pulling out of tackles but might’ve missed it.

I thought a few of our own were the worst culprits yesterday. Namely Thomas (never start again), JCS (poor performance and body language was awful), Dunne (dons iron hat) and Dykes who offered no outlet for the ball to stick up top and his passing was woeful.

Central defence is fast becoming a major issue and Critchley’s first task will be finding the right partnership amongst Dickie, Dunne, Balogun and JCS.
Critchley Official on 07:44 - Dec 12 with 2840 viewsswitchingcode

Don’t you think a certain Garry Ainsworth would be better suited to create this other than a guy who has a nice severance cheque sitting in his bank account.
Critchley Official on 07:52 - Dec 12 with 2815 viewsRs_Holy

Critchley Official on 07:35 - Dec 12 by Wilkinswatercarrier

They need to ship some of the loan players back asap in January. Pulling out of tackles, jogging around, not closing down is bang out of order. Yesterday was shocking to watch.
Critchley has got a huge job on his hands to get these lads working as a team again. Good luck to him.

More worryingly, FFP breach is looming. I cant see anyway out of it. They need to try and cut the wage bill by losing some fringe players in January (Thomas, Bonne, Shodipo etc), but God knows who would take them. Despite the new manager, i feel thoroughly depressed with QPR at the moment.

Shows how cocked the Championsip is when fulham can pay Mitrovic 100K a week (last season). Whats it going to be this time? Money or points?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 8:03]
Critchley Official on 08:01 - Dec 12 with 2772 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Welcome Neil.

He's got a big job on his hands but as Thibor Ferenczy said in the 'Necroscope' books. "We shall see what we shall see." (might have got my Wamphyri mixed up)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Critchley Official on 08:24 - Dec 12 with 2657 viewsdmm

We all accept Critchley has his work cut out dealing with the problems listed in this thread. However, the malaise that's now settled on the club affects how we perceive things. Yesterday's performance seemed to confirm that we're in the shit, and that is how I currently feel.

But Critchley will have surely not only considered the current state of things but also that, just weeks ago, we were top of the league. We have the ability to challenge for a top 6 place. Can the new man realise that ability on the pitch? In doing so he'd help keep the value as high as possible for potential player sales thus helping the financial situation.

All that said, at the moment I'd probably settle for a mid table finish and to go again next season.
Critchley Official on 08:32 - Dec 12 with 2621 viewsnix

Critchley Official on 08:24 - Dec 12 by dmm

We all accept Critchley has his work cut out dealing with the problems listed in this thread. However, the malaise that's now settled on the club affects how we perceive things. Yesterday's performance seemed to confirm that we're in the shit, and that is how I currently feel.

But Critchley will have surely not only considered the current state of things but also that, just weeks ago, we were top of the league. We have the ability to challenge for a top 6 place. Can the new man realise that ability on the pitch? In doing so he'd help keep the value as high as possible for potential player sales thus helping the financial situation.

All that said, at the moment I'd probably settle for a mid table finish and to go again next season.

You can't underestimate the power of leadership and confidence to sport. Stokes just led an England team to the first time they've had two in a row victories in Pakistan and won a test series there and that makes eight out of nine wins for Stokes. Critchley could make a hell of a difference.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 8:37]
Critchley Official on 08:40 - Dec 12 with 2569 viewstraininvain

Critchley Official on 08:24 - Dec 12 by dmm

Agreed. We had the same situation at the start of the season after a few poor results and people saying we’re bang in trouble. A few weeks later we were top of the league after a run of good results.

The reality is that we’re somewhere in the middle. Unlikely to be relegated and probably short of the playoffs. The latter has been made more difficult to achieve by Beale doing a number on the club.

The most important task after yesterday’s performance was to get a manager in quickly to stop the malaise. The next job is to in-still some belief into the players and get the likes of Willock and Johansen fit and Chair back in the team post Christmas.

It’s going to take Critchley a bit of time to sort out the mess left behind by Beale so we’ll need to be patient over the next few weeks but this squad has more than enough quality to finish mid table so let’s not panic.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley Official on 08:45 - Dec 12 with 2535 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley Official on 19:27 - Dec 11 by Jigsore

Reasonably long deal, at least the club seem confident they've got the right man (given availability). Him being cheap obviously helps too...

The Beale money and the FIFA money we got for Seny and Chair together should hopefully let us grab one or two prospects from L1/L2. There's no point breaking the bank in a season where we're very unlikely to go down but we could really use some prospects, especially a striker!

All manager contracts are - market forces I suspect.
Critchley Official on 08:46 - Dec 12 with 2528 viewsconnell10

Meh

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Critchley Official on 08:47 - Dec 12 with 2526 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley Official on 20:03 - Dec 11 by bosh67

Really the only logical choice given the direction and style the club wants.

We need to give him some breathing room given our form as it won't be easy to turn this for a bit.

I also hope that he doesn't have the same type of things better round the corner mentality as Beale, given that he left Blackpool to go to Aston Villa as the number 2.

That said, hopefully the right appointment and the players will start to enjoy the process again.

Surely everyone has a better things round the corner mentality - as I've said before the players certainly will have - the Under 30s at least.
Critchley Official on 08:51 - Dec 12 with 2510 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley Official on 20:40 - Dec 11 by stevec

Once again, Into the lions den.

Poor sod. Good luck.

Well he won't be 'poor' with 3 1/2 years money or a better job, depending which way it goes.
Critchley Official on 08:55 - Dec 12 with 2473 viewsstevec

Critchley Official on 22:32 - Dec 11 by Northernr

This is a team entirely reliant on four players being fit and playing well. Three of them they need to sell, except one of them is a goalkeeper so you never get good money for those, one of them (bless him) is top end Championship and that market has died, and one of them has 18 months on his contract and has no intention of signing a new one and any attempts to sell him meantime will be undermined by hamstring problems which are clearly still an issue for him.

From that we have to find £10m by this time next year. Before you start spending any serious money at all on correcting the clear and obvious problems with this team.

When any manager takes a job he wants to know what he's getting paid, and how much he's got to spend. At QPR the answer to the second question at this point is -£10m. And fan expectation, as always, will be "sign a fcking striker" in January.

It's a tough gig.

A tough gig not aided by a crap youth system that however poorly performing just carries on regardless.

We know the problem with affordability of players, something that is a handicap under FFP, so we should be asking a lot more from youth development and as they’ve had eight years to sort it out, it’s time a manager could ask for a clear out and not find it’s his job under risk for having the temerity to question what’s going on.

It’s a cosy club that’s wrecking any chance of moving forward.
Critchley Official on 08:58 - Dec 12 with 2469 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley Official on 22:32 - Dec 11 by Northernr

This is a team entirely reliant on four players being fit and playing well. Three of them they need to sell, except one of them is a goalkeeper so you never get good money for those, one of them (bless him) is top end Championship and that market has died, and one of them has 18 months on his contract and has no intention of signing a new one and any attempts to sell him meantime will be undermined by hamstring problems which are clearly still an issue for him.

From that we have to find £10m by this time next year. Before you start spending any serious money at all on correcting the clear and obvious problems with this team.

When any manager takes a job he wants to know what he's getting paid, and how much he's got to spend. At QPR the answer to the second question at this point is -£10m. And fan expectation, as always, will be "sign a fcking striker" in January.

It's a tough gig.

On the flip side he has a squad that was top earlier in the season and 31 points from 22 games ain't a bad base to start from.

Despite this 8 points from WBA guff, we are still 3 points from 6th.

Apart from said striker, on our budget and at our level, I don't think you can say we are 'short' in any other area, just have to get those here to step up (again) to the level they were.

That's what a manger's for I would have thought, rather than spending his time window shopping a la Harry!
Critchley Official on 08:58 - Dec 12 with 2450 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Critchley Official on 08:55 - Dec 12 by stevec

A tough gig not aided by a crap youth system that however poorly performing just carries on regardless.

We know the problem with affordability of players, something that is a handicap under FFP, so we should be asking a lot more from youth development and as they’ve had eight years to sort it out, it’s time a manager could ask for a clear out and not find it’s his job under risk for having the temerity to question what’s going on.

It’s a cosy club that’s wrecking any chance of moving forward.

Spot on. Far too cosy.
Critchley Official on 09:04 - Dec 12 with 2434 viewsSydneyRs

I think the gloom following England's world cup exit has influenced people's views also in exaggerating the negative feelings. Yes we're in a bad spot but we haven't become rubbish overnight and hopefully with a new manager in we can start to see things turn around a bit.
Critchley Official on 09:09 - Dec 12 with 2400 viewsBlue_Castello

Critchley Official on 23:17 - Dec 11 by Hunterhoop

I hope so too.

Believing it had happened and getting down about the future helps no one.

I’m not saying let’s ignore reality. But we need to get behind the team. Today was pathetic.

Totally with Hunters pragmatic approach, I sat there last night freezing like the rest thinking I could of watched this in the pub but believe it or not was happy to be there, I'm not mad honest I just love the club and know we have been through far worse times than we are currently experiencing. True it was infuriating to watch Burnley at the top of their game, with a number of players with Premiership experience and some exciting new prospects scouted with the war chest they got from the big sell off but I just kept saying to my mate we have to put this game behind us quickly, file it under disaster and get the new manager in next week.

So we've announced Critchley the very same evening, I see that as a positive, the team was lacking leadership and motivation last night, Critchley will change that, I still saw all over the pitch that we have some talent, we didn't get to the top of the table by luck there were some very good results before the Wolves debacle.

Last night is now history , the game may have been different if we got the early penalty and they were not given the free kick for an imaginary foul but there's no mistake Burnley were the much better team and we didn't show enough commitment, the better team won at a canter.
In the cold light of day we have to regroup, stick together and get behind the new manager and team, they need our support.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 9:19]
Critchley Official on 09:27 - Dec 12 with 2294 viewsDorse

Critchley Official on 08:58 - Dec 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Spot on. Far too cosy.

That has been addressed. His office radiator has been turned down to 3 and someone shortened one of the legs on his chair, making it all wobbly.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Critchley Official on 10:10 - Dec 12 with 2130 viewsWatfordR

Critchley Official on 02:12 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I might be wrong but I think clubs got to skip a year of FFP because of lockdown and inflation is taken into consideration already.

On the total salary expenditure cap, there was some advocate (Swiss Ramble maybe?) a while ago who suggested 40% of income. I think it’s a great idea and preferable to a arbitrary salary cup of individuals.

Will encourage EFL owners to invest in facilities and stadiums rather than the pockets of Premiership has beens with no re sale value.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 2:17]

As far as I am aware, that £13m loss per season is still in place, so rampant inflation isn't being allowed for. Maybe I'm wrong, but actually increasing that allowance by say an additional £1m per season won't make much difference to clubs if they are looking for finance from anywhere other than owners, as banks will look to whack up interest on loans, and will look to impose these increased interest rates on any current outstandings.

And as much as our owners get stick for this and that, I'm not sure I'd be very impressed with a situation where it's ok to expect me as a business owner to put in nearly £2m a month indefinitely to keep my business afloat, but not allow me to invest further funds at my expense (and risk) to try to grow my business to profitability should I want and have the resources to do so.
Critchley Official on 10:31 - Dec 12 with 2006 viewsRangersw12

Critchley Official on 07:42 - Dec 12 by traininvain

Which loan player was pulling out of tackles?

Tim put himself about more than anyone else in the team and was perhaps lucky not to be sent off for an accumulation of fouls and bad challenges.

That leaves Laird and I don’t remember him pulling out of tackles but might’ve missed it.

I thought a few of our own were the worst culprits yesterday. Namely Thomas (never start again), JCS (poor performance and body language was awful), Dunne (dons iron hat) and Dykes who offered no outlet for the ball to stick up top and his passing was woeful.

Central defence is fast becoming a major issue and Critchley’s first task will be finding the right partnership amongst Dickie, Dunne, Balogun and JCS.

Might be worth going to 3 at the back as it suits our best defender (Dickie)
Critchley Official on 10:34 - Dec 12 with 1987 viewseastside_r

Critchley Official on 10:31 - Dec 12 by Rangersw12

Might be worth going to 3 at the back as it suits our best defender (Dickie)

I am sure that I was not the only one to notice that Dickie had a face like thunder when warming up yesterday on the touch line.
Critchley Official on 10:35 - Dec 12 with 1970 viewsDamo1962

Critchley Official on 10:10 - Dec 12 by WatfordR

As far as I am aware, that £13m loss per season is still in place, so rampant inflation isn't being allowed for. Maybe I'm wrong, but actually increasing that allowance by say an additional £1m per season won't make much difference to clubs if they are looking for finance from anywhere other than owners, as banks will look to whack up interest on loans, and will look to impose these increased interest rates on any current outstandings.

And as much as our owners get stick for this and that, I'm not sure I'd be very impressed with a situation where it's ok to expect me as a business owner to put in nearly £2m a month indefinitely to keep my business afloat, but not allow me to invest further funds at my expense (and risk) to try to grow my business to profitability should I want and have the resources to do so.

Do you think the owners may be looking for a a way out, if the worst happens and we drop? Like you say, losing 2 million every month can't be sustainable...and that is just to keep our heads above water in the Championship. Don't suppose there is big market for bang average Championship clubs. I guess the future depends on the new training ground, and some saleable players. Problem is that is going to take time, and do we have that luxury? So many imponderables 🤔🙂
Critchley Official on 10:39 - Dec 12 with 1957 viewszizoustainrod

Critchley Official on 20:28 - Dec 11 by bosh67

Oh Neil Critchley's magic
He loves a sausage roll
He hasn't gone to Rangers
And he doesn't have a mole
He'll stop us being awful
And add a bit of class
Let's hope there's not a better job
Or he'll f*ck us up the Rs!
Oh...

🤣 That made me laugh. Thanks 🤣
Critchley Official on 10:57 - Dec 12 with 1843 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley Official on 10:10 - Dec 12 by WatfordR

True.

Come back to the question 'why would any sane businessman take over a football club?' and I think the answer lies in three area:

1) Promotion of their company in their domestic Premiership TV markets (Air Asia at the time)

2) Potential of sale after promotion

3) £200m (I guess) of prime West London land.

and the most unlikely

4) Benevolence

My money is on 3 right now!
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 11:15]
Critchley Official on 11:26 - Dec 12 with 1721 viewsdaveB

There is almost nothing Critichley can do about the FFP situation but plenty he can do with the team.

Got to stop conceding goals and get our best players on the pitch. The problems in the team are quite similar to Warbs second season in that we're easy to score against and we don't score enough goals. We are playing with wing backs in a back 4 so whoever is centre half and in midfield they have a hell of a job on to cover when the wing backs go forward. Thats why the second half workd better as we had wide players on the pitch and the team wasn't so open to a counter going forward

I'd be switching to a back 3, get Dickie in the team with Dunne and JCS, push the wing backs up. Field sitting in front of the back 3 as a shield with either Johansen or Amos then Willock and Chair pushing forward.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024