Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to get angry 19:13 - Feb 4 with 6782 viewsHeisenberg

Having re watched Jones post match interview I am totally gob smacked. A man who despite saying he takes responsibility refers to the players as they and them. A totally deluded fraud who having had some success at a lower level thinks he carries enough gravitas to call out others. I can only see things becoming toxic as things gets worse. If Jones had one degree of humility then maybe there was a way forward but his arrogance is beyond belief. He is basically saying because he did well at Luton his failure at Stoke and now Saints is because he wasn’t allowed to stamp his authority on the clubs and is somehow compromised. I can see us losing v Wolves and things turning really ugly.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Time to get angry on 19:14 - Feb 4 with 4880 viewsSouthamptonfan

"' I'm really, really disappointed. First of all I'm disappointed for the fans. The biggest thing for me and I want to be brutally honest with this, I have let the players down.
"I have let the players down because I came into this club to do a job, I was recruited to do certain things and I don't see my team in there. I have pandered a little bit, I have gone away and tried to accommodate what we have. I haven't really put my own stamp on it and I should've by now, I really should have.

"I was recruited to do a certain job, to play in a certain way because my teams did really well. We defended the box, we were aggressive, front-footed, we put teams under pressure, we pressed, we counter-pressed really well. Statistically there weren't many better than me.

"I've come here and gone away from that. I've got to get back to doing what we do really well. I won games and I've gone away from that. Whoever we played we'd go after teams. I'm not seeing that in my team now.

"I blame myself. I should be driving the standards. Everywhere I've been I've drove standards, I haven't let anyone get away with anything. I've been on top of everyone. I've maybe got carried away that these are Premier League players and you have to give them this and that, but no more. Now I have to go back and to be me because that's not good enough.

"The manager drives standards, I took plenty of accolades at my previous clubs and manager of the year and statistically one of the best in the country one of the most aggressive managers. On an absolute shoestring by the way. Pound for pound there wasn't anyone else in the country competing like we did in terms of points per pound.

"I've gone away from that and I'm saddened. I should never have gone away from that.

"I've allowed certain things to happen, but that won't happen anymore."

"I've tried to give people what they want, I've tried to really work with the players to give them a system that suits them. But it doesn't suit me. It hasn't suited me as a manager or why I was recruited to come here."

"I was recruited to be aggressive and on the front foot and we're not that and that's where we need to get."

He's basically blaming the players.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:15]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Time to get angry on 19:38 - Feb 4 with 4770 viewsDorsetIan

And the answer to all Saints‘ problems is *more* Nathan Jones.

Honestly, who knew ?!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Time to get angry on 19:43 - Feb 4 with 4745 views1885_SFC

I swear he thinks he's Pep Guardiola. Just listen to the arrogance. Seriously...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64486322

Old School is Cool

Time to get angry on 19:43 - Feb 4 with 4746 viewsmushinexile

There is hope. The owners have just opened the purse and bought (most of) what we need. They will want to see it propely used and know that going down is easy, coming back up again is by no means a given. They are money men and if it doesn't look like a good deal, they will sack Jones with absolute ruthlessness.
Time to get angry on 19:51 - Feb 4 with 4703 views1885_SFC

Time to get angry on 19:43 - Feb 4 by mushinexile

There is hope. The owners have just opened the purse and bought (most of) what we need. They will want to see it propely used and know that going down is easy, coming back up again is by no means a given. They are money men and if it doesn't look like a good deal, they will sack Jones with absolute ruthlessness.

We are the new Watford... and look how that turned out for them.

Old School is Cool

Time to get angry on 19:59 - Feb 4 with 4666 viewsHeisenberg

‘Statistically there is no one better than me’. You have got to be kidding me.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Time to get angry on 20:18 - Feb 4 with 4585 viewsA1079

I am not a fan of Chris Sutton but on Radio 5 he more or less said this:-

I listened to the Nathan Jones interview after the match and it beggars belief.
He effectively blames everyone but himself for the run of results
He seems to think he is better than he is as a manager and has the arrogance to say he has the best statistics than many other managers across Europe
I admit I do not like him and I think he has an inflated ego and I cannot imagine what the players and fans think.

That is not by any means word by word what Chris Sutton said but it is the flavour of it. Personally I find it hard to disagree. The thing is, he lacks any sense of being humble or empathetic with the supporters and I cannot see how he can mend the relationship.
Time to get angry on 20:20 - Feb 4 with 4567 viewsSouthamptonfan

Time to get angry on 20:18 - Feb 4 by A1079

I am not a fan of Chris Sutton but on Radio 5 he more or less said this:-

I listened to the Nathan Jones interview after the match and it beggars belief.
He effectively blames everyone but himself for the run of results
He seems to think he is better than he is as a manager and has the arrogance to say he has the best statistics than many other managers across Europe
I admit I do not like him and I think he has an inflated ego and I cannot imagine what the players and fans think.

That is not by any means word by word what Chris Sutton said but it is the flavour of it. Personally I find it hard to disagree. The thing is, he lacks any sense of being humble or empathetic with the supporters and I cannot see how he can mend the relationship.

I'm missing Ralph.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

Time to get angry on 20:25 - Feb 4 with 4534 viewssaintpaz

Blame the board for getting him in the 1st place, must resign...but who for?? Dyche?! hahahahaha
Time to get angry on 20:47 - Feb 4 with 4479 viewspjt50

Time to get angry on 20:25 - Feb 4 by saintpaz

Blame the board for getting him in the 1st place, must resign...but who for?? Dyche?! hahahahaha

Well we did appoint Mark Hughes with only 8 games to go & that did the trick. I wonder if we could tempt him away from Bradford...

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Time to get angry on 21:34 - Feb 4 with 4300 viewskingslandstand1

Time to get angry on 20:47 - Feb 4 by pjt50

Well we did appoint Mark Hughes with only 8 games to go & that did the trick. I wonder if we could tempt him away from Bradford...

What from a team mid table in League 2 to a cr@ppy team about to go in to the Championship?
Time to get angry on 21:46 - Feb 4 with 4254 viewscocklebreath

Time to get angry on 20:25 - Feb 4 by saintpaz

Biesla, we’re gone anyway but I’d love to have him here and Saints playing like Leeds were a couple of years ago in the championship

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Time to get angry on 22:03 - Feb 4 with 4201 viewsUlsterBaz

He has completely lost it. Starts off putting his hands up and saying it’s his fault before pointing the finger at everyone else, digging out the players & fans and banging on about how amazing he was at Luton. lol
Time to get angry on 22:27 - Feb 4 with 4112 viewsDorsetIan

Time to get angry on 22:03 - Feb 4 by UlsterBaz

He has completely lost it. Starts off putting his hands up and saying it’s his fault before pointing the finger at everyone else, digging out the players & fans and banging on about how amazing he was at Luton. lol

The board have got to be worried.

Even leaving aside the results, the question marks over Jones‘ temperament and stability are now enormous. Chris Sutton described him as ‚erratic‘ and ‚making it up as he goes along‘ and today is just more of what we’ve heard before.

Even if the grievances that he’s articulated have merit (and I’m not for one second saying that they do) you don’t go on the media and rant out thoughts like that.

It’s becoming clear to many people that there is something quite concerning about the way Jones goes on. And perhaps enough to rule him out as a person to be put in charge of Premier League football team.

I think the board might actually have a responsibility to Jones to take him out of a situation which increasingly seems to be beyond him emotionally.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Time to get angry on 22:32 - Feb 4 with 4094 viewsA1079

Well, the one thing Sports Republic and Jones have achieved is unity amongst the Saints fan base. I have not heard one single voice on any forum or social media or radio providing a single reason as to why Jones should be retained. There is universal opinion that Jones should go immediately irrespective of our fate this season. The last time I recall such universal antipathy towards a Saints manager was during the Branfoot era.
Time to get angry on 23:25 - Feb 4 with 4002 viewsForeverred

This morning I had a positive feeling that we could at least get a draw against a well managed Brentford side after our recent narrow defeats against Newcastle and Aston villa. But my mood change when I saw the team sheet. How on earth could bree benarek elyounoussi and diallo start ahead of caleta car, Bella kotchap, miilav orsic and alcaraz. To make things worse caleta,Bella and orsic were in the b team and never made the squad . It's the same scenario as Ralph not playing your best team and to see Walcott coming off the bench tell you that Jones has lost the plot. Sports republic gambled on Jones instead of getting dyche an experienced manager at this level. One week at Everton and he organised them to beat top of the league arsenal with out any new players , this tell me it's all about team management, and getting the best out of your players, not about spending millions and not knowing how to organise your best team in a system into a winning side, sadly Nathan Jones does not have the ability or the experience at this level to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. I blame ramus ankersen for believing he is the great football supremo, and likeing him to Rupert Lowe who also believed he knew more about football than experience mangers, do anyone remember poortvliet and Lowe vision on playing youngsters and relegation to league 1. Ramus has had some success at Brentford in helping to guide them to the premiership but how much was that down to getting the right man the brentford present manager. I hope i am completely wrong and jones can turned it around and save us from relegation, I will be back on the ugly to praise him because I want him to succeed but for now I have my doubts.
Time to get angry on 23:27 - Feb 4 with 3996 views1885_SFC

Might as well bin the Welsh pony & bring in Nigel Adkins for the remainder of the season.

We're as good as gone, so it's not as daft as it sounds. I'm sure the lads would enjoy playing for a guy with so much passion - not only for football, but also for the club itself.

Jones or Adkins? I know who I'd prefer from now until May.

Old School is Cool

Time to get angry on 00:12 - Feb 5 with 3912 viewsdarthvader

Time to get angry on 23:27 - Feb 4 by 1885_SFC

Might as well bin the Welsh pony & bring in Nigel Adkins for the remainder of the season.

We're as good as gone, so it's not as daft as it sounds. I'm sure the lads would enjoy playing for a guy with so much passion - not only for football, but also for the club itself.

Jones or Adkins? I know who I'd prefer from now until May.

Me too, our Nige all the way , happy to have Ralph back now hes got a striker ?

keep the faith coyr

Time to get angry on 00:49 - Feb 5 with 3863 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Look, I am as disappointed as any of you Saints supporters   ............. I did n't hear the 5 live Jones interviews   BUT,  on MOTD. Jones put his hands up and TOOK COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY for this afternoon's Saints POOR performance .Yes I can understand that he does come across as arrogant at times  --- BUT - That is him , But does not shirk HIS RESPONSIBILITY. saying ....  I have let the players down - and it's not good enough . Again the commentator on the game said - Brentford got lucky on a Saints press ... Cast your mind back to the 2 semi - final games ---- with more luck , if  Armstronges ( hand ball goal ) with a bit more luck .... and things going FOR us and --  not against us, The results may have been different ...... we didn't get the rub of the green ! and we need luck to turn for us!
Looking at FACTS now - Jurgen Klopp is totally bemused about the form of his Liverpool team - stateing  you ask your players to do one thing - and on the field they do something else.Fact - there are 17 more games to play and we are not cast away, but only a few points bottom - give the next few games we could be pulling away, SO PLEASE -- give the lads a chance to gell a little more - without being on their backs. New players , new environment for them all --- BUT I AM CERTAIN , that NJ will work tirelessly to get our team into mid - table ...... Just give our players a chance to shine!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Time to get angry on 01:41 - Feb 5 with 3821 viewskentsouthampton

Time to get angry on 01:43 - Feb 5 with 3818 viewskentsouthampton

Time to get angry on 08:53 - Feb 5 with 3558 viewsMrangry25

Time to get angry on 00:49 - Feb 5 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Look, I am as disappointed as any of you Saints supporters   ............. I did n't hear the 5 live Jones interviews   BUT,  on MOTD. Jones put his hands up and TOOK COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY for this afternoon's Saints POOR performance .Yes I can understand that he does come across as arrogant at times  --- BUT - That is him , But does not shirk HIS RESPONSIBILITY. saying ....  I have let the players down - and it's not good enough . Again the commentator on the game said - Brentford got lucky on a Saints press ... Cast your mind back to the 2 semi - final games ---- with more luck , if  Armstronges ( hand ball goal ) with a bit more luck .... and things going FOR us and --  not against us, The results may have been different ...... we didn't get the rub of the green ! and we need luck to turn for us!
Looking at FACTS now - Jurgen Klopp is totally bemused about the form of his Liverpool team - stateing  you ask your players to do one thing - and on the field they do something else.Fact - there are 17 more games to play and we are not cast away, but only a few points bottom - give the next few games we could be pulling away, SO PLEASE -- give the lads a chance to gell a little more - without being on their backs. New players , new environment for them all --- BUT I AM CERTAIN , that NJ will work tirelessly to get our team into mid - table ...... Just give our players a chance to shine!

Christ are you related somehow, I fail to see how anyone can defend such an incompetent manager, he said he took responsibility and then through everyone under the bus. Changing the team needlessly from Tuesday night, playing 3 of you best players in the B side, bringing on Walcott ffs and taking off Lavia. Strikes me as deluded, god help us against Wolves next week.
Time to get angry on 08:56 - Feb 5 with 3546 viewsdwayne_dibley

Time to get angry on 08:53 - Feb 5 by Mrangry25

Christ are you related somehow, I fail to see how anyone can defend such an incompetent manager, he said he took responsibility and then through everyone under the bus. Changing the team needlessly from Tuesday night, playing 3 of you best players in the B side, bringing on Walcott ffs and taking off Lavia. Strikes me as deluded, god help us against Wolves next week.

the phrase "Thrown to the Wolves" comes to mind

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Time to get angry on 09:07 - Feb 5 with 3512 viewsMrangry25

Time to get angry on 08:56 - Feb 5 by dwayne_dibley

the phrase "Thrown to the Wolves" comes to mind

I am seriously worried about next weekend, I just could not believe the team sheet when it was put out yesterday, I went to Newcastle and the same could be said about the change to the team for that game. I thought we had gotten rid of a manager that couldn’t stop messing around but we seem to have picked up one who is worse.
Having said that I will be there again in the vain hope that we will put in a shift and beat them, but it will be in spite of not because of the Little Person From Wales. COYR.
Time to get angry on 09:46 - Feb 5 with 3358 viewsdirk_doone

It's hilarious that he heeps going on about how great he was at Luton as both the managers who replaced him there have done better than him: Mick Harford who got them promoted to the Championship and Rob Edwards, whose win rate is more than 50% better than Jones's in his last spell there.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024