Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? 12:24 - Feb 12 with 15286 viewsRangersDave

Ok, we know we arent great, we know the manager cant seem to drum a work ethic into the players, and we know we are 'xxx' bad games from relegation.

i certainly hope LF has a 'cut loose' clause built into NC's contract if we got relegated.

However, i'm garnering opinions please...

If we are 6 games from the end of the season, and there's a chance to stay up, on current form, and managerial attitude would you

1) keep Critchley no matter what?

2) get rid now even if it costs because relegation is unthinkable?

3) A suggestion of your own?

my view is if we are going to do anything, we dont wait too long, as getting someone in who has the fight and desire to keep us up may be a tricky thing, and i certainly dont want to be in a position where we have to win one of the last 4 to stay up, as half the team may already be 'on the beach' even if they arent now.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 12:42 - Feb 12 with 5729 viewsNortholt_Rs

He has to get a win from either of the next two games or it’s option 2. Tuesday night will be huge for Critchley and QPR.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 12:44 - Feb 12 with 5728 viewsfrancisbowles

You could get Pep in with Arteta as his assistant and we wouldn't get much better with the players we have available.

I didn't see any lack of effort yesterday just a catalogue of missing players, injuriies and mistakes.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:01 - Feb 12 with 5616 viewstheone_theonly

can the board not see the writing on the wall? beale left us in 6th, and since critchley took over we’ve dropped to 16th. critchley is so uninspiring, boring, and bland that no wonder it seems like the players have no confidence. the only player who looked like he wanted to be there yesterday was chris martin, and he looks to be pretty good. even with 16 or so games to go, i can’t see us getting more than 3 wins before the end of the season. if we don’t win on tuesday the board needs to act, regardless of the cost of sacking critchley. it would be more detrimental financially to get relegated. we won’t be staying up at this rate.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:04 - Feb 12 with 5595 viewsRanger_1969

I wouldn't wait too much longer. I have little faith in Critchley as a motivator - he has the personality of a wet lettuce!

I would get Warnock in on a short-term contract until the end of the season - just to keep us up - then move for Ainsworth in the summer.

The football may not be pretty to watch (and I wouldn't want to watch Millwall every week if yesterday was any guide) but I'm sick of losing/drawing. We haven't won at home since October. Something has to change.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:11 - Feb 12 with 5566 viewsHayesender

I have to admit I was wrong in not wanting Ainsworth.

These players need a rocket up their backsides, and Ainsworth would have done that imo.

If we don't get a win out of the next two games, and if they pull the trigger, LS has gotta follow him out the door

Poll: Shamima Beghum

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:11 - Feb 12 with 5567 viewsessextaxiboy

Stick with him whatever happens this season , give him whatever budget we can afford in the summer and then see where we are Nov Dec next year and take a view on it then . Championship , if we are doing ok .... stick . League One if we are one of the front runners ..stick .

Stability and finances dictate that approach IMO
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:13 - Feb 12 with 5559 viewsBakes

He and his staff have a 3.5 year contract, we’re in such a financial mess we can’t afford to pay them off.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:17 - Feb 12 with 5540 viewsDannyPaddox

Option 3: A Japanese sex robot as interim manager initially until the end of the season. Then reassess.
Login to get fewer ads

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:22 - Feb 12 with 5497 viewsterryb

Can somebody please explain why Ainsworth would come to Rangers?

1) He currently has a job for life, or at least till he gets fed up, so why take up a position that he probably wouldn't keep for longer than a year?

2) He has a lot of time for Rangers, BUT we are not his club. Blackburn have that place in his heart.

3) He has been employed for Wycombe longer than he was by us. Perhaps his loyalty should/would be better directed towards them?

In reply to the OP, I'm not saying that we should keep Critchley, but I wouldn't have a clue who to replace him with. Therefore, I would be constantly reviewing whether to retain & who to employ.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:23 - Feb 12 with 5486 viewsessextaxiboy

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:04 - Feb 12 by Ranger_1969

I wouldn't wait too much longer. I have little faith in Critchley as a motivator - he has the personality of a wet lettuce!

I would get Warnock in on a short-term contract until the end of the season - just to keep us up - then move for Ainsworth in the summer.

The football may not be pretty to watch (and I wouldn't want to watch Millwall every week if yesterday was any guide) but I'm sick of losing/drawing. We haven't won at home since October. Something has to change.

What makes you think that Warnock could get anything more out of these players ? . His style wont work with players like Paal ,Lowe, Laird , Tim or Chair . He had to bring in players with us that would .
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:31 - Feb 12 with 5441 viewsRangersDave

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:13 - Feb 12 by Bakes

He and his staff have a 3.5 year contract, we’re in such a financial mess we can’t afford to pay them off.

In that case (and i dont disagree) maybe LF has to go, along with a couple of others in his fold?

After all, isnt it £500k that he's paid? thats a fair chunk of savings.
If we cant get rid of NC, because he has such a dumbass contract, without compo of stupid nature, then in my opinion LF should go anyway because there is 1 consistent failure at the club that i can see, and that is 'Sir' Les.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:35 - Feb 12 with 5416 viewscolinallcars

I wouldn't sack him. We'd have to pay off his contract and after that we are back into the unknown again.
I don't really go for this “lack of charisma” business. It seems the players are hankering for the Edward Heath days of the seventies and have gone on a three day week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:39 - Feb 12 with 5398 viewsRanger_1969

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:23 - Feb 12 by essextaxiboy

What makes you think that Warnock could get anything more out of these players ? . His style wont work with players like Paal ,Lowe, Laird , Tim or Chair . He had to bring in players with us that would .

Maybe he wouldn't, but frankly Critchley isn't getting much out of them!

Plus Warnock has a pretty good track record of improving teams. More and more this season is reminding me of the 2009/10 season. We started so well with Magilton and then it went tit's up. NC reminds me a bit of Paul Hart personality wise.....perhaps I'm just hoping history will repeat itself and NW will sort us out!

FWIW I don't think we played that badly yesterday, but our attitude felt all wrong. We really didn't go at 'Wall until we scored - then it was too late. We should have been far more aggressive from the start of the 2nd half. We are far too passive as a team. I just think Warnock might change that.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:42 - Feb 12 with 5365 viewsJules4367

It's not so much 'when we pull the trigger', than 'have we got enough bullets to go round?'
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:47 - Feb 12 with 5323 viewsOldPedro

I know the club announced that Critchley was given a 3 and a half year contract but they also previously announced that they had given Austin a 2 year deal - it turned out there were clauses for the 2nd year which the club didn't take up.

I would guess that there are clauses on both sides, maybe at the end of the season. Who knows, if I was Critchley, I might be looking at the state of the club and playing squad and thinking of moving on at the end of then season.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:55 - Feb 12 with 5277 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wouldn’t even if we got relegated.

It’s not him that’s the problem.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:58 - Feb 12 with 5282 viewsRangersw12

Position will be untenable if we lose the next 2 IMO

God knows who we will get in next but maybe Warnock till the end of the season
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:05 - Feb 12 with 5259 viewsaston_hoop

At the end of his contract depending on where we are. Unfortunately fan pressure means we'll have Derry or Ainsworth or Warnock before the end of the season. They'll be in charge by the time the 4 game run playing Blackpool, Birmingham, Wigan and Preston come along, win a few of them, we'll all say that was what saved us. It wont be, its because those teams are all shite and teams dont lose forever. We'll be slightly less financially well off, no further along with any kind of plan and can look forward to the same thing this time next year. Supporting QPR is fun isnt it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:09 - Feb 12 with 5244 viewsRangersw12

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:05 - Feb 12 by aston_hoop

At the end of his contract depending on where we are. Unfortunately fan pressure means we'll have Derry or Ainsworth or Warnock before the end of the season. They'll be in charge by the time the 4 game run playing Blackpool, Birmingham, Wigan and Preston come along, win a few of them, we'll all say that was what saved us. It wont be, its because those teams are all shite and teams dont lose forever. We'll be slightly less financially well off, no further along with any kind of plan and can look forward to the same thing this time next year. Supporting QPR is fun isnt it

Fleetwood, Cardiff, Huddersfield and Hull are all shite and we got 1 point

Don't know why you think we will beat the others in that 4 game run

Edit 2 points!
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 14:13]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:11 - Feb 12 with 5228 viewsR_from_afar

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:22 - Feb 12 by terryb

Can somebody please explain why Ainsworth would come to Rangers?

1) He currently has a job for life, or at least till he gets fed up, so why take up a position that he probably wouldn't keep for longer than a year?

2) He has a lot of time for Rangers, BUT we are not his club. Blackburn have that place in his heart.

3) He has been employed for Wycombe longer than he was by us. Perhaps his loyalty should/would be better directed towards them?

In reply to the OP, I'm not saying that we should keep Critchley, but I wouldn't have a clue who to replace him with. Therefore, I would be constantly reviewing whether to retain & who to employ.

Good point re. Ainsworth. He has built something at Wycombe and the club stuck with him while Wycombe were on a terrible ruin earlier this season. He’s now turned it round - well, for the moment anyway - and they are in seventh. Derby were on a 15 game unbeaten run but Wycombe beat them yesterday.

It’s by no means certain he would want to come to Rangers.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:14 - Feb 12 with 5198 viewsaston_hoop

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:09 - Feb 12 by Rangersw12

Fleetwood, Cardiff, Huddersfield and Hull are all shite and we got 1 point

Don't know why you think we will beat the others in that 4 game run

Edit 2 points!
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 14:13]

I still believe Critchley will get the team playing , especially since he will have had more time with the players by then. Much the same as he did after a very poor start with Blackpool. I wouldn't worry, you'll get your way and we'll sack Critchley before then and we can do the same to the next manager.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:15 - Feb 12 with 5189 viewsaston_hoop

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:11 - Feb 12 by R_from_afar

Good point re. Ainsworth. He has built something at Wycombe and the club stuck with him while Wycombe were on a terrible ruin earlier this season. He’s now turned it round - well, for the moment anyway - and they are in seventh. Derby were on a 15 game unbeaten run but Wycombe beat them yesterday.

It’s by no means certain he would want to come to Rangers.

They stuck with him when they were teetering on the brink of relegation from the football league after about 3 seasons in charge too. Imagine us giving that kind of time to a manager who underperforms for that long!

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:16 - Feb 12 with 5184 viewsR_from_afar

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:35 - Feb 12 by colinallcars

I wouldn't sack him. We'd have to pay off his contract and after that we are back into the unknown again.
I don't really go for this “lack of charisma” business. It seems the players are hankering for the Edward Heath days of the seventies and have gone on a three day week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

I agree re. the lack of charisma thing. Unless someone has spied on him taking training, how can we have any idea how he acts when he is with the players?

Most people adjust the way they speak to suit the audience.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:18 - Feb 12 with 5170 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The culture of the club needs to change. I don't know if Critchley is the man to do that but it seems unfair to blame him for other people's mess. You simply can't concede two goals like that yesterday and expect anything. You can't blame him for several members of our squad being unable to play regularly (or even occasionally). You can't blame him for the failure to recruit properly (over several seasons) in key areas of the team. The blame lies above his pay grade.

I'd keep him as manager till the end of the season come what may. What will they do if they sack him? It's hardly like they're capable of making sensible decisions.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:18 - Feb 12 with 5177 viewsMedwayR

I’d keep him, I’m more inclined to judge him next season when he’s had a chance to have a preseason to implement his ideas.

The failings of the team (slow starters, only having a go once behind, slow to move the ball forward, soft & not up for a challenge, too much passing backwards) have existed under Warburton, Beale & now Critchley, all good coaches with better pedigree than most of our squad. They’ve only been fixed for short periods which resulted in a run of form before reverting to type and dropping like a stone. To me, that suggests the problem is with the type of players we recruit & how we build the squad rather than the managers we employ.

Poll: Who’s better?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024