Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our remaining fixtures 21:34 - Feb 25 with 3641 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leicester h (win)
Man U a (lose)
Brentford h (win)
Spurs h (lose)
West Ham a (lose)
Man City h (lose)
Crystal Palace h (win)
Arsenal a (lose)
Bournemouth h (win)
Newcastle a (lose)
Forest a (draw)
Fulham h (win)
Brighton a (lose)
Liverpool h (lose)

At my most optimistic, I can only see us getting 16 more points. And that's if we put up a fight. That would put us on 34 points. It won't be enough. Add another win (Spurs h or Brighton a) we will still only get to 37 points. We will have to pull off some unexpected results and win all of the more winnable ones. It's looking increasingly unlikely, as well will probably drop points against Brentford or Fulham or Palace, but you never know.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 21:39]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Our remaining fixtures on 22:06 - Feb 25 with 3566 viewssaint22

We are down
We never raise our game against the teams around us and losses to forest Leeds etc will do for us this year
The shockingly bad substitutes EVERY single game don’t help either
How on earth can we have found 3 managers who think Walcott is the answer??
Our remaining fixtures on 22:14 - Feb 25 with 3545 viewsSouthamptonfan

Our remaining fixtures on 22:06 - Feb 25 by saint22

We are down
We never raise our game against the teams around us and losses to forest Leeds etc will do for us this year

I also think making 3 subs so early, (wasn't it on the 60th minute?) is too early. Surely you keep the big man up there too, to hold the ball up and provide some strength. Walcott is very poor, so I don't understand it but what can we do.

Our remaining fixtures on 23:58 - Feb 25 with 3446 views1teeminants

I honestly think we need a year or two in the championship ,have a complete clear out and start again and even if we don’t come back up I really couldn’t give a s***t . The premier league is dull and boring. There’s only four clubs in this country that win anything so what’s the point.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Our remaining fixtures on 06:29 - Feb 26 with 3363 views1ASIN12

There is no chance we are getting 16 points from the last 14 games .

Poor decision making from the owners and board have created the worst Saints team in our top flight history

Whats more criminal is the amount of money they spent achieving that .
Our remaining fixtures on 07:17 - Feb 26 with 3334 viewsareasix

I have always tried to remain positive but todays result and the way they played has broken me.

We are relegated. We insist on playing players who as everyone has mentioned are past it and it’s not working so shuffle the pack drop maitland on loan doesn’t give a toss , Bednarek didn’t want to play for us and couldn’t get in the Villa team and has been a common denominator for a poor defence over a number of years bang average , Elyounoussi can’t produce what he had at Celtic and never will do now with us , Diallo never been good enough, Walcott 5 years to late, Adam Armstrong to short and to bad never a Prem player , Djenepo tries but we have better and that’s saying something to name a few,
why are we not playing the likes of Orsic concussed yesterday but isn’t getting a lookin, walker peters, Alcaraz , Mara give him a full game they can’t do any worse surely then the ones above.

Sorry for being so negative but we are not getting out of the bottom three without gambling on doing something different as we have a tough lot of fixtures on the run in.
Our remaining fixtures on 08:37 - Feb 26 with 3251 viewsMrangry25

Our remaining fixtures on 07:17 - Feb 26 by areasix

I have always tried to remain positive but todays result and the way they played has broken me.

We are relegated. We insist on playing players who as everyone has mentioned are past it and it’s not working so shuffle the pack drop maitland on loan doesn’t give a toss , Bednarek didn’t want to play for us and couldn’t get in the Villa team and has been a common denominator for a poor defence over a number of years bang average , Elyounoussi can’t produce what he had at Celtic and never will do now with us , Diallo never been good enough, Walcott 5 years to late, Adam Armstrong to short and to bad never a Prem player , Djenepo tries but we have better and that’s saying something to name a few,
why are we not playing the likes of Orsic concussed yesterday but isn’t getting a lookin, walker peters, Alcaraz , Mara give him a full game they can’t do any worse surely then the ones above.

Sorry for being so negative but we are not getting out of the bottom three without gambling on doing something different as we have a tough lot of fixtures on the run in.

Can’t disagree with any of your points. The appointment of Selles baffled me I’m afraid he is part of the problem at St Marys, playing the same useless players and making the same useless subs at the wrong times. It makes you think if RH and dare I say it Jones were not heavily influenced by the back room staff. They should ALL have gone when RH got the bullet imo. Still let’s see what happens next weekend you never know with us. COYR.
Our remaining fixtures on 09:26 - Feb 26 with 3178 viewsobelisk

It's not even worth the effort to look at the remaining fixtures. I'm resigned now to relegation. Yesterday we hardly laid a glove on the Leeds defence in what was a huge game. If this lot can't rouse themselves for such an important fixture then I can't be arsed either.
Our remaining fixtures on 10:14 - Feb 26 with 3093 views1ASIN12

Our remaining fixtures on 09:26 - Feb 26 by obelisk

It's not even worth the effort to look at the remaining fixtures. I'm resigned now to relegation. Yesterday we hardly laid a glove on the Leeds defence in what was a huge game. If this lot can't rouse themselves for such an important fixture then I can't be arsed either.

I agree , I went for 15 years without missing a Saints game home and away in my younger days . Now days I do 90% of weekend away games( and home) .

I made a decision on the way home last night that after Man Utd the next away game I will goto will be Brighton when it will be a good day out ( hopefully the game stays a Saturday) we will allready be down so I will be able to enjoy the day , enjoy the football and the result won’t matter .

Been there done it and got the T shirt .

The break will do me the world of good and I’ll start a fresh with the Saturday away games in the championship next season .
Login to get fewer ads

Our remaining fixtures on 10:28 - Feb 26 with 3076 viewskentsouthampton

Our remaining fixtures on 22:14 - Feb 25 by Southamptonfan

I also think making 3 subs so early, (wasn't it on the 60th minute?) is too early. Surely you keep the big man up there too, to hold the ball up and provide some strength. Walcott is very poor, so I don't understand it but what can we do.

You honestly think we are going to beat Brentford and Fulham? I'll have an ounce of whatever you've been smoking.
Our remaining fixtures on 12:35 - Feb 26 with 2973 viewsSouthamptonfan

Our remaining fixtures on 10:28 - Feb 26 by kentsouthampton

You honestly think we are going to beat Brentford and Fulham? I'll have an ounce of whatever you've been smoking.

I'm not confident we will beat anyone, but I'm saying that if we were to put together a great escape (which I agree is highly unlikely), we would have to beat the teams I have mentioned, as we won't be getting anything at title chasers Arsenal, Man City, Man U etc.

Our remaining fixtures on 12:56 - Feb 26 with 2938 viewssledger

Our remaining fixtures on 10:14 - Feb 26 by 1ASIN12

I agree , I went for 15 years without missing a Saints game home and away in my younger days . Now days I do 90% of weekend away games( and home) .

I made a decision on the way home last night that after Man Utd the next away game I will goto will be Brighton when it will be a good day out ( hopefully the game stays a Saturday) we will allready be down so I will be able to enjoy the day , enjoy the football and the result won’t matter .

Been there done it and got the T shirt .

The break will do me the world of good and I’ll start a fresh with the Saturday away games in the championship next season .

im right behind you on this,thank you sky for taking the arsenal and west ham games on saved me from myself
Our remaining fixtures on 13:23 - Feb 26 with 2909 viewsBerber

Our remaining fixtures on 22:06 - Feb 25 by saint22

We are down

Or Diallo
Our remaining fixtures on 11:04 - Mar 5 with 2574 viewsSouthamptonfan

Well, first game of our "must wins" is done. Expect to lose next week, let's hope we get an unexpected result. We will have to beat Brentford, then hopefully Spurs (after their loss yesterday).
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 11:06]

Our remaining fixtures on 19:19 - Mar 5 with 2386 viewsdavidargyll

Ok so it doesn’t look good if you try and work out which matches we may or may not win. But I reckon this season that the points target will be (much) less that previous seasons, conceivably in the low 30’s, and maybe even less. And secondly GD will likely decide it.
So don’t despair yet. Because at the moment anyway we’ve got momentum, and yes of course it may not last, but think about what that looks like to all the others in the bottom five/six/seven. They are all struggling and short on confidence and suddenly we must not quite look like the pushovers we were a few weeks back.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 19:21]
Our remaining fixtures on 19:37 - Mar 5 with 2361 viewsmushinexile

Paradoxically, we have claimed some big scalps recently so maybe the big ones might fall. I wouldn't put money on it but we aren't down yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Our remaining fixtures on 20:00 - Mar 5 with 2335 viewsCapt_Koons

Visit to Old Trafford just got a lot harder ffs! They will be demanding a reaction after their pants down spanking

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Our remaining fixtures on 21:48 - Mar 5 with 2238 viewsSouthamptonfan

Our remaining fixtures on 20:00 - Mar 5 by Capt_Koons

Visit to Old Trafford just got a lot harder ffs! They will be demanding a reaction after their pants down spanking

Probably. The flip side is that this defeat might have shocked them, dented confidence, they might sulk, feel desperately sorry for themselves and their fans will be angry. I wouldn't have fancied our chances had they won at Anfield today and closed in on top spot, but maybe I'm just looking on the bright side 😲
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 21:51]

Our remaining fixtures on 07:30 - Mar 6 with 2048 viewssaintpaz

so many if's and but's, trying to predict any match in the Prem is ridiculous
Our remaining fixtures on 11:45 - Mar 8 with 1852 viewssaint901

For me the issue here is that of our remaining games, only 3 are against teams around us.

Another 6 (perhaps 7) are against teams with league or European ambitions.

Then 3 games against mid table teams playing for pride.

Win against the teams around us and the mid table outfits and we are perhaps safe. Realistically though we're not going to win them all. Of those 18 points on offer, we might get 9. (Even that is a higher ratio than the season so far).

We then need 9 points from 7 games against top half teams. Of those 3 are are home (Spurs, City, Liverpool) and 4 away (Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton). Do I see three wins or two wins and three draws here? Not really. I see one win (Spurs) and perhaps draws with Liverpool, Utd, Brighton.

That puts us on 36 points. That is marginal in terms of survival.

Incidentally I was at the Leicester game and thought that with a little luck for both teams we might have shaded it 3-2 or so. I than watched it on MoTD and they made us look as though we were battered and hanging on for 80 minutes!
Our remaining fixtures on 17:55 - Mar 8 with 1747 viewssledger

Our remaining fixtures on 11:45 - Mar 8 by saint901

For me the issue here is that of our remaining games, only 3 are against teams around us.

Another 6 (perhaps 7) are against teams with league or European ambitions.

Then 3 games against mid table teams playing for pride.

Win against the teams around us and the mid table outfits and we are perhaps safe. Realistically though we're not going to win them all. Of those 18 points on offer, we might get 9. (Even that is a higher ratio than the season so far).

We then need 9 points from 7 games against top half teams. Of those 3 are are home (Spurs, City, Liverpool) and 4 away (Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton). Do I see three wins or two wins and three draws here? Not really. I see one win (Spurs) and perhaps draws with Liverpool, Utd, Brighton.

That puts us on 36 points. That is marginal in terms of survival.

Incidentally I was at the Leicester game and thought that with a little luck for both teams we might have shaded it 3-2 or so. I than watched it on MoTD and they made us look as though we were battered and hanging on for 80 minutes!

to say they battered us is a stretch but they were the better side and if they had taken numerous chances would have got a result,at least were showing some heart
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024