Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Chance To Get A True Home End 09:10 - Mar 7 with 5129 viewsSaintNick

If we did get relegated this would provide a great opportunity to get a home end that is truly Saints supporters only.

With season ticket sales plummeting and the average crowd probably initially dropping to about 23,000 it gives a good opportunity to reset the ground demographics

We could move the family section into the corner of the Chapel end and make that en our home end, by stopping selling season tickets in the home end and making that the overspill section, ie only opened when we reach capacity.

Then with all the Northam enders decamping to the Chapel we would have a genuine home end where all our fans are together and not going to be moved for cup games.

Controversial I know, but at least this idea could be implemented logistically, so i don't see a better workable solution

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 09:45 - Mar 7 with 3310 viewssaintwizzler

Close to the fanzine too!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 09:51 - Mar 7 with 3308 viewsgrumpy

Sounds good to me,could you present this option to the club,Nick?
The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:10 - Mar 7 with 3290 viewsBuggalugs

Why should our fans have to be moved.....blah blah blah

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:21 - Mar 7 with 3269 viewssaintwizzler

The home fans and indeed the away fans were in the same positions now as they were when we were good and playing in Europe.

The quality on the pitch and in the dugout is the problem.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:23 - Mar 7 with 3261 viewsdirk_doone

Great idea, Nick. Although in the past, whenever it's been suggested, a few cynics have laughed at the idea of Saints having a proper home end, I've noticed that more and more are coming round to the idea that it can only be a good thing.

I'm sure everyone at the club would back this idea too as it's been rumoured for a long time that the players would like the Chapel to be a proper home end. They always choose to kick towards it in the 2nd half of games if they can. If they placed a safe standing area in the middle of the Chapel, it would certainly help.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 10:26]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:35 - Mar 7 with 3238 viewsSaintNick

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:23 - Mar 7 by dirk_doone

Great idea, Nick. Although in the past, whenever it's been suggested, a few cynics have laughed at the idea of Saints having a proper home end, I've noticed that more and more are coming round to the idea that it can only be a good thing.

I'm sure everyone at the club would back this idea too as it's been rumoured for a long time that the players would like the Chapel to be a proper home end. They always choose to kick towards it in the 2nd half of games if they can. If they placed a safe standing area in the middle of the Chapel, it would certainly help.

Good points Dirk, this really is our only realistic way of getting a proper home end.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:50 - Mar 7 with 3228 viewssaints__fan__73

Are you saying forcibly remove the s/t holders from the Northam to the Chapel?

If not there is zero chance the majority will move voluntarily as the whole point of attending matches for them is to hurl abuse at the visiting fans. Most prefer to spend the game facing in the direction of the away fans rather than the pitch. (fair enough this season I would say.)

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 12:35 - Mar 7 with 3147 viewsgrumpy

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:50 - Mar 7 by saints__fan__73

If not there is zero chance the majority will move voluntarily as the whole point of attending matches for them is to hurl abuse at the visiting fans. Most prefer to spend the game facing in the direction of the away fans rather than the pitch. (fair enough this season I would say.)

S/T holders in the Northam get moved about anyway.
To go to games just to hurl abuse at the visiting fans is as embarrassing as it is pathetic.
Support your team.
Nick has a good idea and I hope he can get some representation from fans to put this to the club,I for one would be happy to attend with him.
Login to get fewer ads

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 13:16 - Mar 7 with 3100 viewsPatfromPoole

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:50 - Mar 7 by saints__fan__73

This is from your extensive experience of attending matches at the Temple of Doom, yes?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 13:26 - Mar 7 with 3077 viewsfelly1

Love to see something like this happen.
The club really need to think about the benefits to the team if we have a noisier partisan crowd, all in the same area.
I'd love to see the away fans shifted further into the corner of the Itchen North Blk 1.
The Chance To Get A True Home End on 13:33 - Mar 7 with 3073 viewsPatfromPoole

I thought they were talking about bringing safe standing into the Northam and Itchen North, rather than the Chapel.

Or was that more deliberately misleading guff from Steele?

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 13:36 - Mar 7 with 3072 viewssaints__fan__73

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 13:16 - Mar 7 by PatfromPoole

This is from your extensive experience of attending matches at the Temple of Doom, yes?

Are you saying there aren't a large number of supports in the Northam who sit there for the main reason of it being near the away fans who they can have bantz with?

This is from the same level of thinking which means you think we could have easily avoided relegation in 08/09 (even with a ten point deduction), yes?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 13:37]

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 13:47 - Mar 7 with 3050 viewsIfonly

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:23 - Mar 7 by dirk_doone

Bang on Dirk. The introduction of safe standing that is key. Put it in the Chapel.

I support what Nick says and the idea of a home end, it gives the home team an advantage. Look at places like Palace and Leeds where they generate good atmosphere (for the home team). I reckon that is partly due to them shoving away fans in to a corner on the side. Imagine if instead they split their home end in half and put away fans there. I don't reckon they'd create anything like the same home advantage.
The Chance To Get A True Home End on 14:11 - Mar 7 with 3017 viewsPatfromPoole

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 13:36 - Mar 7 by saints__fan__73

Are you saying there aren't a large number of supports in the Northam who sit there for the main reason of it being near the away fans who they can have bantz with?

This is from the same level of thinking which means you think we could have easily avoided relegation in 08/09 (even with a ten point deduction), yes?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 13:37]

Don't know; I haven't stood in the Northam for years.

You really need to look at the league table for the Championship for that season and see how many rubbish teams were in it. We should have been able to give a good proportion of them a 10-point start and still not finish in the bottom 3.

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 14:23 - Mar 7 with 2998 viewssaints__fan__73

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 14:11 - Mar 7 by PatfromPoole

Don't know; I haven't stood in the Northam for years.

You really need to look at the league table for the Championship for that season and see how many rubbish teams were in it. We should have been able to give a good proportion of them a 10-point start and still not finish in the bottom 3.

So you literally are trying to convince us that a team that only stayed up on the last day the previous season could have actually improved to a mid-table team after going into administration?!

Can you give even one example of a club where the on-field results have improved in the months after going into admin? It would seem logical that this is not something that could reasonably be expected to take place...

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 14:27 - Mar 7 with 2995 viewsPatfromPoole

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 14:23 - Mar 7 by saints__fan__73

So you literally are trying to convince us that a team that only stayed up on the last day the previous season could have actually improved to a mid-table team after going into administration?!

Can you give even one example of a club where the on-field results have improved in the months after going into admin? It would seem logical that this is not something that could reasonably be expected to take place...

I remember Boscombe staying up under Eddie Howe in League 2 when they started the season on -17. Can't remember how they started that season, but fair to say it ended up being a bit of a journey over the next few seasons..

Dunno, it shouldn't improve things, but sometimes it creates more of a spirit within the Club and its fans.

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 14:38 - Mar 7 with 2981 viewssaints__fan__73

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 14:27 - Mar 7 by PatfromPoole

I remember Boscombe staying up under Eddie Howe in League 2 when they started the season on -17. Can't remember how they started that season, but fair to say it ended up being a bit of a journey over the next few seasons..

Dunno, it shouldn't improve things, but sometimes it creates more of a spirit within the Club and its fans.

You're a lunatic.

(or a Lowe obsessive who feels honour bound to blame everything on the bloke, even when relegation from the Championship was in no way anything he could have reasonably be blamed for).

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 15:26 - Mar 7 with 2945 viewsPatfromPoole

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 14:38 - Mar 7 by saints__fan__73

You're a lunatic.

(or a Lowe obsessive who feels honour bound to blame everything on the bloke, even when relegation from the Championship was in no way anything he could have reasonably be blamed for).

My work is done.

Called a lunatic by SF73.

Nick, I claim my Honorary Life Vice-President badge.

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 15:33 - Mar 7 with 2938 viewssaints__fan__73

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 15:26 - Mar 7 by PatfromPoole

My work is done.

Called a lunatic by SF73.

Nick, I claim my Honorary Life Vice-President badge.

Would you like Rupes to present you with it?

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 16:54 - Mar 7 with 2887 viewsdwayne_dibley

In reality the police will veto anything which smells of a "home end". Having support split makes it easier for them

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 16:58 - Mar 7 with 2886 viewsIfonly

St Mary's doesn't work for us and needs to change. Look at the results this season - on home form we are easily last. On away form we are 13th and 6 points clear of the drop zone. No other team has a home/away split anything like ours.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/premier-league/table.html

The fact that the players want to kick towards the Chapel in the second half says that the Northam isn't working for us. This isn't about forcing a relocation. Those that just want to abuse away fans can stay there. But if we made the Chapel safe standing it would attract a group of fans who want to support the team and help them get goals at the end when teams are tiring.

I remember they promised consultation on safe standing but I'm don't know what came out of it.
The Chance To Get A True Home End on 18:42 - Mar 7 with 2829 viewsgrumpy

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 16:54 - Mar 7 by dwayne_dibley

In reality the police will veto anything which smells of a "home end". Having support split makes it easier for them

How does it make it easier?
At the moment you have fans sharing an end.
The Chance To Get A True Home End on 18:45 - Mar 7 with 2820 viewsgrumpy

I sometimes think our away fans make more noise than Home.
That cant be right.
The Chance To Get A True Home End on 22:11 - Mar 7 with 2715 viewshedgeend61

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 10:21 - Mar 7 by saintwizzler

The home fans and indeed the away fans were in the same positions now as they were when we were good and playing in Europe.

The quality on the pitch and in the dugout is the problem.

WE MARCH ON

Leicester won the PL with a family stand behind the goal next to the away fans on the side/corner and a quiet Chapel type lot behind the other goal.
They're singing section was (still is) over the halfway line next to the away fans.
They even brought in them clacker things to liven/wake them up.

Liverpool have never won a PL in front of their own fans.
Man City have won a few PL titles in a church like atmosphere.

The Spurs and Wolves (2003 FA Cup) atmosphere at SMS was superb, with 4500 away fans in the Northam, probably as good as anything at The Dell.

You're right, quality on the park wins matches, fans don't. If you're winning they're noisy, if you're pants they boo.
The Chance To Get A True Home End on 22:29 - Mar 7 with 2682 viewsPatfromPoole

The Chance To Get A True Home End on 22:11 - Mar 7 by hedgeend61

Leicester won the PL with a family stand behind the goal next to the away fans on the side/corner and a quiet Chapel type lot behind the other goal.
They're singing section was (still is) over the halfway line next to the away fans.
They even brought in them clacker things to liven/wake them up.

Liverpool have never won a PL in front of their own fans.
Man City have won a few PL titles in a church like atmosphere.

The Spurs and Wolves (2003 FA Cup) atmosphere at SMS was superb, with 4500 away fans in the Northam, probably as good as anything at The Dell.

You're right, quality on the park wins matches, fans don't. If you're winning they're noisy, if you're pants they boo.

Yes!!!!

The place was rocking for that Wolves QF.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024