Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" 19:20 - Apr 15 with 7304 viewsJOSEPH_QPR

Keep reading that Ainsworth is a QPR Legend.

Only to those who didn't see us win the League Cup, Nearly win the League, produce International players including the England Captain (and 5 players in a single England team), Play in an FA Cup final and finish as London's top club on 2 occasions outside of that.

He represents an era of mediocrity and is YOUR Legend because of how he dressed and because he looked like a 'rock star'.

Brought in entirely to appease the divs in the fansbase so this one is on you.

#AinsworthOut
Gareth Ainsworth - on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 4459 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Big ‘PORT FCKING VALE’ energy here.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 21:09]
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 19:33 - Apr 15 with 4433 viewsSuperhoops2808

To the OP... This appears to be your first post

Hopefully your last!!
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 19:38 - Apr 15 with 4397 viewsJOSEPH_QPR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 19:33 - Apr 15 by Superhoops2808

To the OP... This appears to be your first post

Hopefully your last!!

Because that's the answer.

Put your head in the sand and pretend we've not been sold a dud because some people actually think Ainsworth is a legend.

He was an average player with a bog standard career and spent 11 years at Wycombe because no one else wanted him.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the club and only is because people not old enough to have the pride that came with following us in the 60s,70s and 80s had to choose their 'legends' by who looked chic to them.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 19:39]
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 19:40 - Apr 15 with 4373 viewswortonranger

Whilst I get the sentiment..Im lucky enough to have experienced all of the above, for me, being a legend isn’t about success..it’s about attitude and heart..theirs and the impact on mine. I’m happy to accept that Gareth is a legend as a player, but being a legend as a manager?
That’s about next season, because even if there’s a miracle yet to happen, it won’t be down to him I’m afraid. I suspect it will be more down to the attitude of the opposition.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 19:59 - Apr 15 with 4273 viewssixnil

I love GA as a player, but unfortunately we cannot say anything has improved with him as our manager. We cannot say our defence is more solid, or our play through the thirds has improved, or we are putting ourselves in a scoring position more often.

The players have not regained any confidence. FFS this is the same set of players who were top of the league.

Back to basics is fine and 4-4-2 can be,if it is flexible...long balls up to a front line with 4 attackers doesn't f**king work as only one of them is capable of winning it in the air and everyone else is too far away to win the second ball, where you would want a midfielder to be...why the f**k was Chair in that front line? He rarely dropped for a pass and I ran out of air the number of times I shouted drop when Paal had the ball...pointless!
A manager's job is to get the best out of what he has...so why play Ilias so far forward...he is the guy who can unlock their defence and he needs the ball to f**King feet..no wonder he did not play great and lost confidence....
What he missed was his mate.
This Cov side were there for us to at least equal in the second half...Chair is the key, but needs someone technical to play off..

GA takes him off and brings on TR, then shortly afterwards brings on Willock...WTAF!!!!!!
Hasn't he watched Chair and Willock together...
Think he may have totally destroyed Chairs confidence if it wasn't already dented..

Totally shocked by how unconfident our players are..GA had had a negative effect in my opinion and all this long ball bollocks can keep away from my team. Passing the ball on the ground could have got something in the second half today.

Shocked and don't want GA as manager...
Even if we scrape safety I don't want this bullsh1t football....
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:01 - Apr 15 with 4254 viewsQPR_Jim

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 19:38 - Apr 15 by JOSEPH_QPR

Put your head in the sand and pretend we've not been sold a dud because some people actually think Ainsworth is a legend.

He was an average player with a bog standard career and spent 11 years at Wycombe because no one else wanted him.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the club and only is because people not old enough to have the pride that came with following us in the 60s,70s and 80s had to choose their 'legends' by who looked chic to them.

Your out of order to drag his playing career into this, if you don't rate him as a manager fine but has nothing to do with his playing career.

In terms of legend status, it's different to greatest ever player, it's about players that are still talked about for what they did. Trying to run off a fracture, his two volleys against R&D, still talked about. I always recall watching him score a header from outside the box at the school end but I forget who we were playing, don't recall anyone else doing that. That's what makes him a legend, not whether he is better or worse than any other players we've had.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:05 - Apr 15 with 4223 viewsstevec

Legend or no legend, the football is becoming unwatchable.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:09 - Apr 15 with 4184 viewsnumbers912

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:05 - Apr 15 by stevec

Legend or no legend, the football is becoming unwatchable.

concur with this. its hateful to watch and it is not working at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:13 - Apr 15 with 4163 viewsCamberleyR

Small point of order but we've never had five players in an England team. I would doubt, even in our mid 70s pomp, we ever even had five players in a squad. Stan had walked out in 1974 and didn't return until late 1976 and Dave Clement made his debut in 1976 when Gillard and Thomas had already won their last caps.

We had seven England internationals in that mid 70s team but as far as i can tell, the most in an England team was three.

1975 against Wales at Wembley; Francis, Gillard and Thomas all started.
1975 against Czechoslovakia in Bratislava, Francis and Gillard started and Thomas came on as sub.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 22:53]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:16 - Apr 15 with 4129 viewscharmr

Affable and likeable, made an honest living working hard with the talent he had.

Definitely not a legend just a lot more interesting then most footballers.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:19 - Apr 15 with 4097 viewsRsinWales

I've been around LR since the 70's and it is correct to point out that we have had some genuine legends over the years - including Les.

My son has been attending since the 2000s and someone like Ainsworth is a 'legend' in his eyes. His 100% commitment, drive and effort stood out during some lean years. Look at what Holloway has to say about him.

Everything is relative, I suppose. However, I would not seek to diminish his playing years with us due to the current on-field fiasco.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:20 - Apr 15 with 4085 viewsdistortR

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:01 - Apr 15 by QPR_Jim

Your out of order to drag his playing career into this, if you don't rate him as a manager fine but has nothing to do with his playing career.

In terms of legend status, it's different to greatest ever player, it's about players that are still talked about for what they did. Trying to run off a fracture, his two volleys against R&D, still talked about. I always recall watching him score a header from outside the box at the school end but I forget who we were playing, don't recall anyone else doing that. That's what makes him a legend, not whether he is better or worse than any other players we've had.

Burnley? long diagonal and he scored, if we are thinking of the same goal.
Never wanted him as manager, but that doesn't alter my regard for him as a player.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:21 - Apr 15 with 4059 viewsSonofpugwash

The term "legend" has become much diminished by overuse.Ordinary players get awarded this superlative it seems by dint of being part of someone's youth and development rather than merit.
Rather like Punk in essence.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" (n/t) on 20:25 - Apr 15 with 4038 viewsQPsyR

[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 21:22]

FKA AcidPixie

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:34 - Apr 15 with 3972 viewsPaddyhoops

Doesn’t matter what level they play at . Ainsworth was a genuine folk her in his day .
Has sweat blood and tears but can he cut at this level as a manager?
The jury’s out and the signs aren’t good .
I said when Critchley was here , we needed 5 wins from twenty two or three games .
Between them they’ve mustered two if I’m not mistaken.
That’s f**king appalling in any standard of football regardless of the bunch of no marks we have.
Gareth Ainsworth - on 20:39 - Apr 15 with 3926 viewsnumptydumpty

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 19:38 - Apr 15 by JOSEPH_QPR

He was a decent player for us not a legend though, those are your words !!!

Wholehearted trier but also how do you know he wasn't offered any other roles during his 11 years at Wycombe.

I hope he can improve but he took us on at a terrible time and I don't think he will succeed with us.

He will be back at Wycombe next season and probably do very well once more.

As for us, the words "screwed" and "we are" come to mind !!!
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 20:50]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:50 - Apr 15 with 3812 viewsQPR_Jim

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:20 - Apr 15 by distortR

Burnley? long diagonal and he scored, if we are thinking of the same goal.
Never wanted him as manager, but that doesn't alter my regard for him as a player.

Possibly I just remember someone (maybe Padula) doing a long diagonal at their fullback and him rushing in off the wing and using his momentum to win the header, looping it over the keeper. Great to watch from R block because we were positioned behind the flight of the ball.

The stuff of legends.... not necessarily the best goal ever but surprising and fun to watch.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:53 - Apr 15 with 3788 viewsStanisgod

I dont normally swear on here but troll off mate.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:03 - Apr 15 with 3717 viewsterryb

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:13 - Apr 15 by CamberleyR

Small point of order but we've never had five players in an England team. I would doubt, even in our mid 70s pomp, we ever even had five players in a squad. Stan had walked out in 1974 and didn't return until late 1976 and Dave Clement made his debut in 1976 when Gillard and Thomas had already won their last caps.

We had seven England internationals in that mid 70s team but as far as i can tell, the most in an England team was three.

1975 against Wales at Wembley; Francis, Gillard and Thomas all started.
1975 against Czechoslovakia in Bratislava, Francis and Gillard started and Thomas came on as sub.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 22:53]

Deleted as it had been addressed.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 21:04]
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:10 - Apr 15 with 3659 viewsPhilmyRs

To be honest, if he wasn’t a QPR legend he’d probably be getting the sack now or at least have the fan base calling for it. The fact he is a Rangers legend, and for me he is, its kept the pressure off him. I think appointing him was a poor move, and a shame, because it will affect how he’s remembered.
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:18 - Apr 15 with 3615 viewsnumptydumpty

Pep Guardiola would not be able to get a tune out of this current squad of players !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:22 - Apr 15 with 3584 viewsPhilmyRs

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:18 - Apr 15 by numptydumpty

Pep Guardiola would not be able to get a tune out of this current squad of players !!!

Beale got a tune out of them. One thing is certain, playing the football, formation and selecting the players that Ainsworth is doing is not helping. He needs to adapt quickly
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:24 - Apr 15 with 3551 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 20:16 - Apr 15 by charmr

Affable and likeable, made an honest living working hard with the talent he had.

Definitely not a legend just a lot more interesting then most footballers.

Nice, postive post charmr.

We can get too hung up on words and labels. You've hit the character of the man perfectly well there. Hugely admirable person.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:36 - Apr 15 with 3451 viewsBklynRanger

For a while he did, yeah. But got given everything he wanted and still only managed one goal in the last 5 games.

I honestly feel bad that Gareth has got dragged into the car crash that is our club at this time. I don't think he's the world's greatest manager but can't see who would have inspired enough confidence and competence to turn things around.

Was always the fear that we'd be better off just remembering him as a player and now he's very possibly going to take us down, which he would obviously never have wanted. (Taking Chair off was fcuking stupid though.)
Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 22:17 - Apr 15 with 3282 viewsclivewilsonscalves

Gareth Ainsworth - "QPR Legend" on 21:36 - Apr 15 by BklynRanger

For a while he did, yeah. But got given everything he wanted and still only managed one goal in the last 5 games.

I honestly feel bad that Gareth has got dragged into the car crash that is our club at this time. I don't think he's the world's greatest manager but can't see who would have inspired enough confidence and competence to turn things around.

Was always the fear that we'd be better off just remembering him as a player and now he's very possibly going to take us down, which he would obviously never have wanted. (Taking Chair off was fcuking stupid though.)

He didn’t get dragged into anything. It was his choice and he’s clearly not up to the job. He’s got the same team that all the other managers have had. Yeh, he’s a nice guy. But he’s not going to save us. Within 2 minutes today you could see we were overrun in the middle as always and it was constantly 2 on 2 at the back. He didn’t change that. Andy Sinton would be a better manager at this point.

As for subbing Chair. That was the only good call he made today. Chair isn’t fit for a relegation fight. He sulks and holds onto the ball for too long. Everyone talks about moments of magic but he’s not produced those for a long time. He can’t even put a cross in that beats the first man. So bored of watching him hang on to the ball for too long when there is a pass on and then losing it and throwing his arms up in a strop.

As soon as Ainsworth was appointed the club started the transition into league 1. The club is a complete joke. No one seems to be taking it seriously.

We don’t deserve anything else atm.

Yeh it’s my first post but I’ve been going for 35 years.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024