Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread 16:04 - Apr 18 with 45570 viewsMonkey_Roots

Yes it’s early.

Head: QPR 1 - 3 Norwich
Heart: QPR 1 - 1 Norwich
Knob: QPR 3 - 2 Norwich

Which one will prove correct?

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:22 - Apr 19 with 2387 views1JD

Making a f**king sub in the 91st minute? Unreal. Just unreal. As for the celebration of a single POINT at end, geeing the fans up, I’m lost for words. Some fans incredibly singing. We were in the relegation zone before Luton equalised. Standards. Standards FFS.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:24]
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:22 - Apr 19 with 2382 viewsHarbour

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 19:17 - Apr 18 by Harbour

Can’t see beyond a defeat given the terrible performances todate. QPR 1- Norwich 2. We can at least celebrate a goal at LR..

A good point I stand corrected…well done rangers battling performance
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:24 - Apr 19 with 2328 viewsR_from_afar

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:15 - Apr 19 by connell10

I thought we played quite well .

If the players had deigned to play with that much desire and intensity just four or five more times this season, we would not be in this mess. Shocking

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:25 - Apr 19 with 2286 viewsLogman

Given the players we had available, and the team we had out, I thought we did well. The effort was definitely there. Also thought the tactics were OK given where we are at. Would have been nice to have had a faster option than Chris Martin up front but I'm afraid we don't have that option while Sinclair Armstrong is out.
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:26 - Apr 19 with 2280 viewsVancouverHoop

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:15 - Apr 19 by connell10

I thought we played quite well .

First half we did – at least by our recent standards. But second half, as soon as we conceded, it turned into a desperate scramble again. We are so frail and insecure, there's no collective resilience at all.
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:28 - Apr 19 with 2247 viewsLblock

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:22 - Apr 19 by 1JD

Making a f**king sub in the 91st minute? Unreal. Just unreal. As for the celebration of a single POINT at end, geeing the fans up, I’m lost for words. Some fans incredibly singing. We were in the relegation zone before Luton equalised. Standards. Standards FFS.

Agreed mate

I’m not calling for Gareth’s head but we shouldn’t be celebrating a point at home in my book.
I concede it IS progress this season though!!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:28 - Apr 19 with 2242 viewsBushRanger82

Shame we reverted to type in the second half.
Better performance than against Coventry, but we still fall far short of the quality needed to stay in this league.
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:33 - Apr 19 with 2127 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:22 - Apr 19 by 1JD

I clapped them off at the end. Plenty of effort tonight and it could be a vital point. What are we supposed to? Three cup finals left so we need to get behind them.

I hate our board as much as anyone but it's not going to help us getting on the players' backs at this late hour.
Login to get fewer ads

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:38 - Apr 19 with 2049 viewskropotkin41

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:33 - Apr 19 by Wegerles_Stairs

I clapped them off at the end. Plenty of effort tonight and it could be a vital point. What are we supposed to? Three cup finals left so we need to get behind them.

I hate our board as much as anyone but it's not going to help us getting on the players' backs at this late hour.

We have to reckon Reading will beat Wigan. I don't think they'll get anything at Coventry, and hopefully Huddersfield will do us a favour.
So we need a win from somewhere (or 3 draws, I suppose.... a massive unbeaten run of 4). I suppose most likely is the Bristol City game last day of the season. Gawd knows what state morale is going to be in by then though!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:40 - Apr 19 with 2006 viewsSimonJames

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:38 - Apr 19 by kropotkin41

We have to reckon Reading will beat Wigan. I don't think they'll get anything at Coventry, and hopefully Huddersfield will do us a favour.
So we need a win from somewhere (or 3 draws, I suppose.... a massive unbeaten run of 4). I suppose most likely is the Bristol City game last day of the season. Gawd knows what state morale is going to be in by then though!

I think Wigan will beat Reading. But we will probably still go down.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:41 - Apr 19 with 1976 viewsBrianWilson

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:38 - Apr 19 by kropotkin41

I'd play Amos and drop Martin against Burnley. Thought JCS was good until the inevitable.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:42 - Apr 19 with 1953 views1JD

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:33 - Apr 19 by Wegerles_Stairs

It seems my point wasn’t clear. I never said to get on players backs. I don’t agree with that at all. But clapping Ainsworth as he cajoles the fans, as we’ve just got a measly point? When only a minute earlier we were in the relegation zone?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:44]
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:44 - Apr 19 with 1930 viewsSonofpugwash

Can't someone provide Dieng with some decent gloves - not boxing ones.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:45 - Apr 19 with 1901 viewssdm1508

Still really don't understand the team selection. I would start with either Martin or Dykes. Maybe Martin to try and bash the defenders up a bit and then Dykes who is a bit more mobile. Then two mobile players around a target man. Three in midfield. The two in midfield kinda worked cos Field and Tim are quite mobile.
Watched Dickie when he came on. Poor body language. Bloke looks defeated before he even gets going
Dunne seemed more commanding that recently.
Adomah was an experience safety move. Poor choice
Not sure what's going on with Wilock
Says it all that Richards did the best pass of the game in his 4 minutes on the pitch. Flat cross the pitch pass.
I know why he didn't come on sooner. Ainsworth making like for like substitutions so he can keep to 442 and Richards doesn't fit in that until Chair came off
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:47 - Apr 19 with 1881 viewsHooping_Mad

Bloody Shambles.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:50 - Apr 19 with 1819 viewsQPsyR

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:44 - Apr 19 by Sonofpugwash

Boxing Gloves FFS, Exactly, it's a night game but it's not like he's a Catholick...P'tang, Yang, Kipperbang

FKA AcidPixie

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:52 - Apr 19 with 1792 viewsted_hendrix

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:40 - Apr 19 by SimonJames

I think Wigan will beat Reading. But we will probably still go down.

Both Burnley and Luton failed to beat the fakes recently so I can't see Wigan beating them.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 23:04 - Apr 19 with 1678 viewsjoe90

A better performance but the same fundamental problems remain. I enjoyed the game and being at Loftus Road - despite having to listen to constant swearing at our players. If that’s all you’ve got just stay at home.

It’s going down to the wire, but I think we can avoid the drop, but whatever happens, the big question is what do we do next season?

[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 0:08]
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 23:51 - Apr 19 with 1499 viewsToast_R

Well at least Diego Caroll is banned.for.one match after tonight's antics. Old Handy Andy
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 23:53]
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 00:13 - Apr 20 with 1428 viewsstevec

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 21:55 - Apr 19 by QPROslo

We spent most of that game just lumping it forward and it got us nowhere, yet players who can play (or could) sit on the bench. Terrible missuse of our resources Gareth.

It is horrible to watch and that’s starting to bother me more than whether we stay up or go down.

Thought the players put in the effort but have we given up practising passing. Whatever division we end up in I have a feeling we’ll create a Frankenstein monster.
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 00:27 - Apr 20 with 1395 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:21 - Apr 19 by colinallcars

We were a bit better but to concede straight from the second half KO, how many times have we seen the Rs do that ? I can't recall us catching other sides thuswise.

Good post here and totally overlooked .We survived until halftime and the players should be running through fire to start the second half after getting a talk from GA.
Most important point was not to give one up early and see if they would get frustrated and leave the gaps he talked about pre game .
Instead we give up a horrible goal and they take over and we are lucky to get a draw
Are the completly tuning out Ainsworth I think the answer is yes sadly
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 00:54 - Apr 20 with 1306 viewsFredManRave

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 22:44 - Apr 19 by Sonofpugwash

Needs a complete kit overhaul, imo.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 06:28 - Apr 20 with 1127 viewsDorse

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 00:54 - Apr 20 by FredManRave

Needs a complete kit overhaul, imo.

Cabbage and prune vindaloo before scuba diving: the consequences are, frankly, harrowing.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 06:44 - Apr 20 with 1084 viewsvanrrrr

Players tried
Was a lovely night to be at HQ
Tactics are not for me- We can go on about needs must etc. but it is a hard watch
Subs/changes were poor
The QPR v Naaaridge match thread on 07:14 - Apr 20 with 1001 viewsHunterhoop

It was a lot better, in the first half certainly. Most of the team pressed well and worked harder. In the first half we were the better. Lovely early cross by Chair and excellent control and finish from Dykes.

The 2 shots on target thing is misleading. We hit the post, Amos had a shot on target deflected over, when bursting through, given wrongly as a GK, so not counted, their keeper had to turn a corner over the bat that was in otherwise, and Field had two long range efforts from cleared balls on target but blocked. Not saying we laid siege, but it was better than recent weeks and many other “2 shots on target” games.

The main issue is that the players lack any sort of composure when under pressure (literally, but also in the game situation). At 1-0 we played a little bit and had more possession. At 1-1, we started just trying to shovel it up the pitch in a rudimentary fashion when we could have put a foot on it. Chair was poor on the ball, Drewe is just not anywhere near this level (yet) unfortunately. Paal didn’t have a great game with the ball, and Martin isn’t up to it anymore.

Field was superb. All over the pitch making blocks and tackles. Big performance from him. Iroegbunam was a huge improvement on Johansen and Dozzell. Huge. And Dykes was very good up front.

If we’d played like last night against Wigan, Rotherham, Blackpool, etc, we’d be safe by now. Makes it all the more irritating why we didn’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024