Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smallbone off? 11:27 - Aug 9 with 3449 viewssaints__fan__73

Apparently he's keen on the move.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Smallbone off? on 11:30 - Aug 9 with 3418 views1885_SFC

Cocklebreath will be livid...

Old School is Cool

Smallbone off? on 11:34 - Aug 9 with 3398 viewsarfurdent

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Smallbone off? on 12:05 - Aug 9 with 3314 viewsdirk_doone

I get the impression that most of the players, except for the really bad ones who've got no other option, are keen to escape this mess.

That total shambles on the pitch last night has given them an extra push. We really need to beat Norwich to show them there's still hope if they stay here.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Smallbone off? on 12:32 - Aug 9 with 3250 viewsblubberboy

This is bad news. Smallbone is future captain material. Why he would want to go to a team that will struggle all season is a mystery to me, but I guess the PL and a hefty pay-rise would tempt anyone. I just hope we get a decent amount as £7m implies that he is the quarter of the player JWP is - right now I would say there is little to choose.
Smallbone off? on 12:35 - Aug 9 with 3240 viewsButty101

Smallbone off? on 12:32 - Aug 9 by blubberboy

This is bad news. Smallbone is future captain material. Why he would want to go to a team that will struggle all season is a mystery to me, but I guess the PL and a hefty pay-rise would tempt anyone. I just hope we get a decent amount as £7m implies that he is the quarter of the player JWP is - right now I would say there is little to choose.

You can’t compare JWP and Smallbone. Ones has been the heart beat of the team for years and played for England. The other had a decent season on the championship , bought an Irish setter and qualified for Ireland

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Smallbone off? on 17:15 - Aug 9 with 3074 viewsMonksway

Really disappointing if Smallbone goes. It's clear he can play the RM style of football and should be part of the re-build. JWP deserves to be in the Prem but Smallbone should be his successor and SR need to sort a contract ASAP like with Stephens.
Smallbone off? on 17:19 - Aug 9 with 3058 viewsRon11

Smallbone off? on 17:15 - Aug 9 by Monksway

Really disappointing if Smallbone goes. It's clear he can play the RM style of football and should be part of the re-build. JWP deserves to be in the Prem but Smallbone should be his successor and SR need to sort a contract ASAP like with Stephens.

The difference here is - nobody wants Stephens, but Smallboneis class player.
Smallbone off? on 17:22 - Aug 9 with 3043 viewsSouthamptonfan

Smallbone off? on 17:15 - Aug 9 by Monksway

And Sheffield United will probably be straight back down. It's money, money, money and the PL joys, even if just for once season.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 17:23]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

Smallbone off? on 17:27 - Aug 9 with 3028 viewsPatfromPoole

Need to use some of these incoming monies to sort out new contracts for Smallbone and Tella.

I would also try and offer a new contract to KWP if we haven’t already. I suspect he will be off, but an offer from us with a release clause if we don’t go up this season may at least make him consider staying.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Smallbone off? on 18:32 - Aug 9 with 2964 viewsLondonSaint76

Smallbone off? on 17:27 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

Need to use some of these incoming monies to sort out new contracts for Smallbone and Tella.

I would also try and offer a new contract to KWP if we haven’t already. I suspect he will be off, but an offer from us with a release clause if we don’t go up this season may at least make him consider staying.

Spot on Pat, I have said exactly the same about WS & NT on two other threads. In fact, we don’t even have to touch any of the incoming fee money in order to offer WS & NT improved terms as with JWP’s imminent departure it frees up £100k per week from the wage bill, simply repurpose a percentage of those savings on improved contracts for WS & NT.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Smallbone off? on 19:38 - Aug 9 with 2874 viewsdirk_doone

Smallbone off? on 18:32 - Aug 9 by LondonSaint76

Spot on Pat, I have said exactly the same about WS & NT on two other threads. In fact, we don’t even have to touch any of the incoming fee money in order to offer WS & NT improved terms as with JWP’s imminent departure it frees up £100k per week from the wage bill, simply repurpose a percentage of those savings on improved contracts for WS & NT.

When Ward-Prowse leaves, Alex McCarthy will be the highest paid player at the club. How ridiculous is that? It can't make the few good players we have left feel wanted here when they see that useless tw@t getting paid more than them.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 19:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Smallbone off? on 22:00 - Aug 9 with 2691 viewsDorsetIan

Smallbone off? on 19:38 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

When Ward-Prowse leaves, Alex McCarthy will be the highest paid player at the club. How ridiculous is that? It can't make the few good players we have left feel wanted here when they see that useless tw@t getting paid more than them.

Unless we can bring in some properly impressive players, the morale of those left holding the baby is going to be through the floor.

Every departure of a decent player is another hand tied behind our backs, and the remaining players will feel it and wonder why they’re still here.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Smallbone off? on 23:16 - Aug 9 with 2606 viewsSFC_Referee

Smallbone off? on 22:00 - Aug 9 by DorsetIan

Unless we can bring in some properly impressive players, the morale of those left holding the baby is going to be through the floor.

Every departure of a decent player is another hand tied behind our backs, and the remaining players will feel it and wonder why they’re still here.

Gotta agree there, as before we sell any key players that we wanna keep, we really do need to make some new signings, otherwise the players we wanna sign are gonna feel less motivated to join, as they’ll just see their chances of going up being just as good wherever they currently are with the way our squads heading.
But not only just that, like you said, with each player that goes the other decent ones that have stayed so far (Alcaraz, KWP, Bednerak, Smallbone, Adams etc…) will start wondering if they’re better off jumping ship for a prem team, or even another championship one if we continue on the path we’re currently on.

So I sure do hope we’re signing players like Piroe before we’re selling anyone else

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Smallbone off? on 08:56 - Aug 10 with 2447 viewssaint901

Smallbone off? on 12:32 - Aug 9 by blubberboy

Are we talking about the same Smallbone whose few PL starts for us reminded me of a rabbit in the headlights?

Compared to the same JWP with several seasons of PL and an acknowledged talent?

I would not be sorry to see Smallbone leave.
Smallbone off? on 09:18 - Aug 10 with 2418 viewssaints__fan__73

Smallbone off? on 08:56 - Aug 10 by saint901

Are we talking about the same Smallbone whose few PL starts for us reminded me of a rabbit in the headlights?

No, I think it's the Smallbone who played last season in the league Southampton FC currently reside in and did very well indeed.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Smallbone off? on 09:32 - Aug 10 with 2399 viewsgrumpy

Smallbone off? on 08:56 - Aug 10 by saint901

I would,Smallbone played well at S,Wednesday.
Smallbone off? on 14:36 - Aug 10 with 2205 viewsLondonSaint76

Smallbone off? on 19:38 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

Good point DD, that’s crazy. One small ray of light at the end of the long dark tunnel that is McCarthy’s continued presence at SFC is the news on Hampshire Live that Crystal Palace are interested in signing him - all I can assume is that somebody has interfered with Roy Hodgson’s medication, let’s just hope the effects don’t wear off until Sept 2nd at the earliest! In the best traditions of ‘I’d drive him there myself’ my car has a full tank of petrol and is ready and waiting…
If he does go, combined with JWP’s wage savings we will be at least £150k a week better off so we MUST repurpose a percentage of those savings by giving Smallbone the deal he wants and offering Tella improved terms to commit long term to SFC.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Smallbone off? on 18:55 - Aug 10 with 2069 viewsRon11

Smallbone off? on 14:36 - Aug 10 by LondonSaint76

Good point DD, that’s crazy. One small ray of light at the end of the long dark tunnel that is McCarthy’s continued presence at SFC is the news on Hampshire Live that Crystal Palace are interested in signing him - all I can assume is that somebody has interfered with Roy Hodgson’s medication, let’s just hope the effects don’t wear off until Sept 2nd at the earliest! In the best traditions of ‘I’d drive him there myself’ my car has a full tank of petrol and is ready and waiting…
If he does go, combined with JWP’s wage savings we will be at least £150k a week better off so we MUST repurpose a percentage of those savings by giving Smallbone the deal he wants and offering Tella improved terms to commit long term to SFC.

Yeah but Hodgson would put a better organised defence in front of him, unlike the fu ck up at Gillingham- Lyanco and and playing Perraud as a 5'6" centre back.
And Roy wouldn't have McCarthy rolling the ball out 6 metres straight into danger as our defence are all looking the wrong way.
Norwich will be the decider for me, had enough of this nonsense. Or, does it actually work? Only a win will suffice, even though they will concede for sure.
Smallbone off? on 19:00 - Aug 10 with 2064 viewsgrumpy

Smallbone off? on 18:55 - Aug 10 by Ron11

Yeah but Hodgson would put a better organised defence in front of him, unlike the fu ck up at Gillingham- Lyanco and and playing Perraud as a 5'6" centre back.
And Roy wouldn't have McCarthy rolling the ball out 6 metres straight into danger as our defence are all looking the wrong way.
Norwich will be the decider for me, had enough of this nonsense. Or, does it actually work? Only a win will suffice, even though they will concede for sure.

I would have liked to see Roy Hodgson in charge of us.
Smallbone off? on 19:34 - Aug 10 with 2016 viewsRon11

Smallbone off? on 19:00 - Aug 10 by grumpy

I would have liked to see Roy Hodgson in charge of us.

Yes, me too.
He might come across as a friendly old duffer but he's actually a real no nonsense character, and has an excellent football brain.
And, players appear to respect him for that.
Smallbone off? on 22:20 - Aug 10 with 1843 viewscocklebreath

Smallbone off? on 11:30 - Aug 9 by 1885_SFC

Cocklebreath will be livid...

I will the little fooker better not leave the club he supports

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024