Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tella off 24 million 22:59 - Aug 25 with 4887 views1teeminants

All agreed.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Tella off 24 million on 23:33 - Aug 25 with 3979 viewsSFC_Referee

Looks like Lyanco could be off to Celtic well! Certainly suggests that Fraser, Holgate, Wood etc… we’re all just signed in prep for rather who was going rather than who had already gone!
Still I do hope we can at the very least get in that Norwegian midfielder as well as wood, as we need those two minimum for hungers sake, and even then could do with yet another centre half and winger if those two did head off

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Tella off 24 million on 02:57 - Aug 26 with 3898 views1teeminants

Excuse me for being a bit thick here but if Adams goes we have 5 days to sign a proven goal scorer at this level ( which Tella was ) extremely risky imo . I am completely baffled by this decision to let Tella go. I hope and pray they keep Adams🙏🙏. and I hope SR know what they’re doing. They don’t seem to take much notice when Martin says he wants to keep certain players .

Tella off 24 million on 07:20 - Aug 26 with 3781 viewsHeisenberg

Tella has a chance to play for a top side in Germany. Can hardly blame him and we did send him out on loan. Would have liked him to stay but if it’s around the £24m being mentioned then guess it is what it is. Fraser will replace him. The question is who do we get in if Adams leaves.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Tella off 24 million on 07:32 - Aug 26 with 3760 views1teeminants

Tella off 24 million on 07:20 - Aug 26 by Heisenberg

Tella has a chance to play for a top side in Germany. Can hardly blame him and we did send him out on loan. Would have liked him to stay but if it’s around the £24m being mentioned then guess it is what it is. Fraser will replace him. The question is who do we get in if Adams leaves.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23748863.bayer-leverkusen-reportedly-agree-20m

Says 20 million here

Sometimes you just have to say no and tell these players they’re not for sale. Yes it was a great price but who else are we going to buy to score 20 goals in this league right at the end of the window ?I think Fraser is a good signing but he’s no prolific goal scorer . Like I said Russell Martin said he wanted to keep Tella and Adams but was obviously ignored. That is worrying imo.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 7:34]

Tella off 24 million on 08:54 - Aug 26 with 3589 viewsUlsterBaz

Tella off 24 million on 02:57 - Aug 26 by 1teeminants

Excuse me for being a bit thick here but if Adams goes we have 5 days to sign a proven goal scorer at this level ( which Tella was ) extremely risky imo . I am completely baffled by this decision to let Tella go. I hope and pray they keep Adams🙏🙏. and I hope SR know what they’re doing. They don’t seem to take much notice when Martin says he wants to keep certain players .

Agreed. You can’t blame the lad for wanting the move but it’s incredibly risky for us given his likely goal tally. Under no circumstances should Che Adams be allowed to move unless there’s a goal scoring replacement lined up.
Tella off 24 million on 09:04 - Aug 26 with 3566 viewsChesham_Saint

Tella off 24 million on 08:54 - Aug 26 by UlsterBaz

Agreed. You can’t blame the lad for wanting the move but it’s incredibly risky for us given his likely goal tally. Under no circumstances should Che Adams be allowed to move unless there’s a goal scoring replacement lined up.

Risky? It’s fvcking ridiculous. I thought these owners were second rate. I’ve changed my mind. 3rd rate at best.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Tella off 24 million on 09:13 - Aug 26 with 3542 viewsMattFinish

So we replace Tella with Ryan f***ing Fraser

Sports Repubclic’s transfer acquisitions have been nothing short of abysmal since they bought the club
Tella off 24 million on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 3490 viewsMonksway

Not surprised but really disappointed. Holgate and Fraser are good additions but if we'd been able to keep Tella, Adams, KWP, Alcaraz and Sulemana and brought in Wood we'd have a squad of around 25 including youngsters easily capable of automatic promotion.
We could still have sold/ loaned ABK, Lyanco, Perraud, Djnepo, Bree, Aribo and Mara to get the wage bill down without losing those that are making a contribution.
Login to get fewer ads

Tella off 24 million on 09:39 - Aug 26 with 3474 viewsgrumpy

Tella off 24 million on 09:13 - Aug 26 by MattFinish

Sports Repubclic’s transfer acquisitions have been nothing short of abysmal since they bought the club

Absolutely agree,Matt.

Sports Republic's transfer acquisitions have been nothing short of abysmal since they bought the club.

We are selling our best players and bringing in what?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 9:41]
Tella off 24 million on 09:45 - Aug 26 with 3456 viewsChesham_Saint

Tella off 24 million on 09:39 - Aug 26 by grumpy

Absolutely agree,Matt.

Sports Republic's transfer acquisitions have been nothing short of abysmal since they bought the club.

What a great business model.

For failure.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Tella off 24 million on 09:54 - Aug 26 with 3434 views1ASIN12

Absolutely agree,Matt.

Luckily the money we’ve got in this window helps to pay off the errors they’ve made in the 18 months or so they’ve been here.

£130 million spent to get relegated and then around £100 million of lost income.
Tella off 24 million on 09:56 - Aug 26 with 3428 viewsUlsterBaz

Tella off 24 million on 09:04 - Aug 26 by Chesham_Saint

Risky? It’s fvcking ridiculous. I thought these owners were second rate. I’ve changed my mind. 3rd rate at best.

I’m a bit baffled by the transfer dealings tbh. I was under the impression that money wasn’t much of a problem, but selling our best players for big money and only getting in loan signings seems to completely contradict that. From a financial perspective, surely the best policy is to put together a team that goes back up straight away? This coming week is pivotal for the club.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 10:00]
Tella off 24 million on 10:07 - Aug 26 with 3397 viewsButty101

If we go up and not saddled players that are not good enough for the prem then great.

Swapping Tella for Fraser seems a mental gamble. Fraser hasnt played in a long time and cant be match fit.

Holgate i think is going to be a great signing.

Edozie really needs to step up and hopefully Sulemana stays and tears the place up

Will be interesting to see if Adams plays today. As with out him we will look light up front.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tella off 24 million on 10:10 - Aug 26 with 3386 viewsinthebox

As Hiesenberg has stated, SR loaned him out; WE GET RELEGATED, he probably has little loyalty to SR. He's a good lad has all ways given 100% when I've seen him play good luck to him
Tella off 24 million on 10:23 - Aug 26 with 3360 viewsMattFinish

I’m not knocking Martin as I like him as a manager but to say we’ve bought Fraser in to provide competition for places is not credible
We already have 4 or 5 players in his position even with Tella going and I thought he said we have too big a squad
Just be honest Russ you bought him in because he’s your mate
Meanwhile we still don’t have a credible striker
Tella off 24 million on 11:36 - Aug 26 with 3211 viewssaint22

Agreed

As I mentioned last season whoever leads at the top trickles down through the business and our leaders are showing that in spades
Flogging all the silver for copper loaners
We will be here a while as long as they lead us
Tella off 24 million on 11:36 - Aug 26 with 3212 viewsPatfromPoole

Don’t forget Sam Amo……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Tella off 24 million on 12:00 - Aug 26 with 3167 viewsMattFinish

Tella off 24 million on 11:36 - Aug 26 by PatfromPoole

Don’t forget Sam Amo……

I think he'll shine this season as long as Fraser doesn't keep him out of the team
Tella off 24 million on 13:44 - Aug 26 with 3017 viewsSFC_Referee

Tella off 24 million on 09:31 - Aug 26 by Monksway

Not surprised but really disappointed. Holgate and Fraser are good additions but if we'd been able to keep Tella, Adams, KWP, Alcaraz and Sulemana and brought in Wood we'd have a squad of around 25 including youngsters easily capable of automatic promotion.
We could still have sold/ loaned ABK, Lyanco, Perraud, Djnepo, Bree, Aribo and Mara to get the wage bill down without losing those that are making a contribution.

Ok but that the requires people wanting those players you’ve listed, and being able to pay us a decent enough price for their services!
And outta all the players you’ve listed, I think it’s just ABK, Lyanco and maybe Aribo that have had any interest or transfer links away from us, so how is it we’d sell all the others you’ve named?
Whilst those that we have wanted to keep (maybe bar KWP) have all had interest and many links away from us, with it looking like we’ll be keeping a few bit certainly loosing out on many as well.

And that’s exactly why to reduce our wage bill and get in a bit of the money we’ve wasted, we’ve had to sell those players we didn’t want to, whilst we keep hold of most of the ones we didn’t mind letting go of. Just the same as almost all other related teams throughout the years

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Tella off 24 million on 13:45 - Aug 26 with 3024 viewsLondonSaint76

Don’t forget Sam Amo……

SR will probably sell him to Chelsea in the January window….
Actually, I had temporarily forgotten about him - I think if given the opportunity he would be good enough to fill the space left by Tella’s departure. I’d rather see him given the chance than Fraser.
One bit of good news is Smallbone appears to have signed a new contract, just hope Adams follows up likewise.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Tella off 24 million on 14:21 - Aug 26 with 2975 viewsLondonSaint76

Tella off 24 million on 07:32 - Aug 26 by 1teeminants

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23748863.bayer-leverkusen-reportedly-agree-20m

Says 20 million here

Sometimes you just have to say no and tell these players they’re not for sale. Yes it was a great price but who else are we going to buy to score 20 goals in this league right at the end of the window ?I think Fraser is a good signing but he’s no prolific goal scorer . Like I said Russell Martin said he wanted to keep Tella and Adams but was obviously ignored. That is worrying imo.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 7:34]

Agree 100%, enough is enough. A few years ago I was talking to Lawrie McMenemy at a London Saints do about what he thought we could have achieved if we’d have been able to keep Theo, Bale, Ox C, Lallana, Shaw, Loveren, Lambert ect, ect.. (the consensus of opinion was Champions League minimum) anyway, one point he made that is equally relevant now was the summer that Lallana, Lambert, Loveren and more went there came what he called a ‘drawbridge moment’ where they said that’s it, no more. Apparently that moment came when Morgan Schneiderlin threw his hat in the ring and asked to join the exodus, he was told no, enough is enough for this window.
With the departure of Tella we have reached that drawbridge moment in terms of the likes of Adams, Alcatraz, KWP & Sulemana, that’s it, no more sales of quality assets. Thank God Smallbone looks to have signed his new contract which is one bit of good news.
Fine if we get offers for the likes of Tall Paul, Lyanco ect, ect, by all means keep clearing out the deadwood but no more quality departures - where those quality assets are concerned this must be our drawbridge moment for this summer with the departure of Tella.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Tella off 24 million on 07:52 - Aug 27 with 2649 views1teeminants

Absolutely agree,Matt.

Ryan Fraser played well yesterday so did Downes and Shea Charles has been very good too .
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 8:01]

Tella off 24 million on 07:56 - Aug 27 with 2638 views1teeminants

Russell Martin said yesterday that Fraser is not a replacement for Tella and they will bring one in .

Tella off 24 million on 09:18 - Aug 27 with 2511 viewsIfonly

Don’t forget Sam Amo……

He's 17 years old. If he played as a starter and played consistently well for a full season it would be a miracle. Very few players do that. Hopefully the club has learned something about relying too much on youngsters.

He's a great talent but he should be playing this season without too much expectation and pressure on him.
Tella off 24 million on 09:44 - Aug 27 with 2486 viewsgrumpy

Tella off 24 million on 07:52 - Aug 27 by 1teeminants

Ryan Fraser played well yesterday so did Downes and Shea Charles has been very good too .
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 8:01]

I like the look of Ryan Fraser, but selling Tella is a mistake.
Tella would have created and scored goals for us in the Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024