Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel 07:35 - Sep 3 with 1985 viewsPatfromPoole

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 07:37 - Sep 3 with 1975 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, he is available……

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23763784/kasper-schmeichel-nice-free-transfer/

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 07:46 - Sep 3 with 1937 viewsButty101

RM could set a new record for goals conceded. if we carry on at this rate we are on for 100

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 08:54 - Sep 3 with 1894 viewsgrumpy

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 07:46 - Sep 3 by Butty101

RM could set a new record for goals conceded. if we carry on at this rate we are on for 100

15 and counting.
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 09:29 - Sep 3 with 1833 viewsRon11

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 07:46 - Sep 3 by Butty101

As his previous record shows, Martin's sides have not defended well at all, which before he showed up, was a major problem for Saints.
So they bring him in, of all people.And we have more of the same - players who have performed the week before on the bench (but starts Mara who has shown nothing, ever) more of the sideways and back passing to no effect, a class full back let go and replaced with Manning who is a complete liability (but Russell's pal), need a goalkeeper and bring in Lumley while failing to see or ignoring the fact that Bazunu is not up to the job and already showing signs of panic by playing defenders out of position.
We've had enough of this last season and the one before, and I for one won't be happy now until Martin is replaced, win or lose. One humiliation too many, lucky it wasn't another 9-0.
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 10:28 - Sep 3 with 1763 viewsreggaesaint

Great shout Pat, we need to do something urgently as the next few matches are crucial. We need to bounce back quickly. He would certainly organise the defence.
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 12:30 - Sep 3 with 1649 views1885_SFC

Caspar the Ghost would be an improvement on our current goalies tbf...

Old School is Cool

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 15:38 - Sep 3 with 1521 viewsChesham_Saint

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 12:30 - Sep 3 by 1885_SFC

Caspar the Ghost would be an improvement on our current goalies tbf...

Frankly, right now Ray Clemence would be an improvement.

And he’s dead.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 15:44 - Sep 3 with 1515 viewssaint22

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/301105/schmeicel/#3
Login to get fewer ads

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 21:44 - Sep 3 with 1354 viewssledger

i have just put a bit of blue on the pie chart in the hope that he f+cks off to play for the skates again
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 21:58 - Sep 3 with 1337 viewssaint22

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 07:37 - Sep 3 by PatfromPoole

Well, he is available……

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23763784/kasper-schmeichel-nice-free-transfer/

As I said a couple of days ago we should get him in
It’s exactly the sort of signing we need and exactly the sort you just know we will not do
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 22:24 - Sep 3 with 1323 views1885_SFC

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 21:58 - Sep 3 by saint22

As I said a couple of days ago we should get him in
It’s exactly the sort of signing we need and exactly the sort you just know we will not do

He's on £65K per week at Nice. SR won't pay that. Tall Paul and Djenepo must easily be on that combined. If we shift both of them out this week (as reported) and spend their wages on Kasper, that's problem solved, surely?

We are not going to do anything in this League with the goalkeepers we have.

Old School is Cool

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 21:53 - Sep 4 with 1115 viewsLondonSaint76

Too late, he's off to Anderlecht
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12478773/Kasper-Schmeichel-si

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 22:45 - Sep 4 with 1077 viewsPatfromPoole

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 21:53 - Sep 4 by LondonSaint76

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12478773/Kasper-Schmeichel-si

Sigh.

He would have made a huge difference to us. Probably 10 - 15 points over a season.

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 23:49 - Sep 4 with 1049 viewspjt50

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 21:53 - Sep 4 by LondonSaint76

That's a relief. The last thing we need is a disruptive influence around the place. You only have to look at the reports coming out of Nice about his lack of professionalism.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 06:36 - Sep 5 with 1029 viewsPatfromPoole

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 23:49 - Sep 4 by pjt50

That's a relief. The last thing we need is a disruptive influence around the place. You only have to look at the reports coming out of Nice about his lack of professionalism.

He’s a winner.

We could do with 1 or 2 of those.

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 07:51 - Sep 5 with 994 viewssaint22

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 22:45 - Sep 4 by PatfromPoole

Sigh.

He would have made a huge difference to us. Probably 10 - 15 points over a season.

of course we dont make a smart astute signing
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 07:57 - Sep 5 with 989 viewsCenturion

I am not sure Saints are ready to go up this season. RM will need time to put his system in place and I expect quite a few thrashings but also some good wins.
Baz needs time to develop and the Championship is better to do this than the Premier league anyway.
I have said before, I envisage using being in the championship for three or four seasons.
I also imagine that SR see this as the long term plan.
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 08:15 - Sep 5 with 984 viewsPatfromPoole

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 07:57 - Sep 5 by Centurion

I am not sure Saints are ready to go up this season. RM will need time to put his system in place and I expect quite a few thrashings but also some good wins.
Baz needs time to develop and the Championship is better to do this than the Premier league anyway.
I have said before, I envisage using being in the championship for three or four seasons.

TBH the moment we signed Ross Stewart was when I thought we were going to go for it.

Also the loan signing of Harwood-Bellis has an obligation to buy if we go up; that probably brings with it a higher loan fee.

I think Solak does want to go up at the first attempt, it’s just that he has misguided faith in Ankersen and his wacky managerial appointments.

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 08:20 - Sep 5 with 980 viewscocklebreath

In 3 or 4 years we’ll be fooked if we’re still in the championship, no way do SR expect to be down here that long.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 09:20 - Sep 5 with 938 viewsButty101

The problem with Baz needing time to develop, is that IF and it’s a big IF, he does improve he will be instantly gone to a bigger club and we get little benefit.

I’ve said this for a while, football is lucky it has blind loyalty from the fans. Otherwise what’s in this for the fans? Crap mistake ridden football while the youngsters learn their trade. The moment they start to shine they are flogged and the process is repeated. I suspect at best we will be a Norwich west brom type club yo yo yoing between the leagues.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 10:55 - Sep 5 with 915 viewssledger

i think the problem is saints spunked what 15000000 on him and hope that if hes kept in the first team long enough another basket case club will come along and give us some of our money back,if hes not playing the money is p+ssed against the wall
Should Saints try to sign Kasper Schmeichel on 12:55 - Sep 5 with 880 viewsCenturion

"As a goalkeeper you need to be good at organising the people in front of you and motivating them. You need to see what's going on and react to the threats. Just like a good manager in business." ~ Peter Shilton
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024