Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Ballard 13:21 - Sep 5 with 2153 viewsIanSouthstander

Tuned in to watch our boy turn out for Reading at Cambridge last night.

Wasn't even on the subs bench.

Nice one Ruben.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 13:22]
Dominic Ballard on 13:24 - Sep 5 with 2123 viewsPatfromPoole

Yes, as I was just saying on another thread, he is beginning to go down like a cup of cold sick with the Berkshire massive.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Dominic Ballard on 14:05 - Sep 5 with 2054 viewsRon11

Dominic Ballard on 13:24 - Sep 5 by PatfromPoole

Yes, as I was just saying on another thread, he is beginning to go down like a cup of cold sick with the Berkshire massive.

Dominic should be back at Saints. If a striker younger than him playing for Sunderland can score, why has he been loaned out to a team who’s manager is already pissing their supporters off?
Dominic Ballard on 14:19 - Sep 5 with 2042 viewsSaintNick

Dominic Ballard on 14:05 - Sep 5 by Ron11

Dominic should be back at Saints. If a striker younger than him playing for Sunderland can score, why has he been loaned out to a team who’s manager is already pissing their supporters off?

If he cant get on the bench at Reading in League One then that is why he probabably isnt going to get game time at Saints where he has A Armstrong, Adams, Stewart, Alacaraz, Sulemana, Mara all ahead of him in the pecking order

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Dominic Ballard on 14:37 - Sep 5 with 2021 viewsIanSouthstander

I thought the whole idea of loaning out youngsters was to get them the game time they weren''t going to get here.
Dominic Ballard on 15:03 - Sep 5 with 1983 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Dominic Ballard on 14:37 - Sep 5 by IanSouthstander

I thought the whole idea of loaning out youngsters was to get them the game time they weren''t going to get here.

Quite right, and another thing, considering the total mess Seles made of his time in charge here demonstrating how clueless he was why would you let a promising young talent go anywhere near the clown? All Seles will do is coach the good habits and promise out of him, he could well return less of a player than he was when he went there.
Dominic Ballard on 16:12 - Sep 5 with 1918 viewscocklebreath

Dominic Ballard on 14:19 - Sep 5 by SaintNick

If he cant get on the bench at Reading in League One then that is why he probabably isnt going to get game time at Saints where he has A Armstrong, Adams, Stewart, Alacaraz, Sulemana, Mara all ahead of him in the pecking order

Mara is not better than Ballard

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Dominic Ballard on 16:41 - Sep 5 with 1903 viewsA1079

Dominic Ballard on 16:12 - Sep 5 by cocklebreath

May be it was an error on the loan sheet. Perhaps it meant to say Mara but accidentally put Ballard. Perhaps we should send Mara to Reading and see how he fares and bring Ballard back.

I have no idea whether Ballard would come good or not, but if you don't try, you don't know and other teams don't seem to have a problem trying the occasional youngster. When is the last time anyone long term has come good from our academy? They seem to get a couple of chances if that and then disappear off the radar and yet oddly our academy was once lauded as a success and a model for other aspiring clubs. I suppose like alot of things at SFC, it has been diluted over time.

Finally, if you do want to send a youngster to another club and level to see how they develop, make sure it is to someone/somewhere that is in a good position - a failing club with a failing coach is not likely to develop anyone.
Dominic Ballard on 17:07 - Sep 5 with 1865 viewsfelly1

When you think we blew nearly 30 million on those two and basically would have been no worse off just having Ballard as a back up.
Login to get fewer ads

Dominic Ballard on 17:08 - Sep 5 with 1863 viewsfelly1

Dominic Ballard on 17:07 - Sep 5 by felly1

When you think we blew nearly 30 million on those two and basically would have been no worse off just having Ballard as a back up.

Onuachu and Mara I should have added.
Dominic Ballard on 17:12 - Sep 5 with 1856 viewscocklebreath

Dominic Ballard on 17:08 - Sep 5 by felly1

Wasters

Dominic Ballard on 19:43 - Sep 5 with 1703 viewsgrumpy

Dominic Ballard on 17:08 - Sep 5 by felly1

I don’t understand why some have such downer on Onuachu.It’s not as if he’s been given much of a chance here.
Dominic Ballard on 20:45 - Sep 5 with 1653 views1951saint

Dominic Ballard on 19:43 - Sep 5 by grumpy

I don’t understand why some have such downer on Onuachu.It’s not as if he’s been given much of a chance here.

I thought he was away with England u19s
Dominic Ballard on 21:19 - Sep 5 with 1595 viewsfelly1

Tbh with you Grumps I agree.
He wasn't given much of a chance and you never know he could have been a handful at this level considering the Belgium Jupilo league must be similar in standard to the Championship and he scored for fun there.
Unfortunately the manager clearly doesn't rate him so essentially he's a waste of 18m quid cos we're only going to get peanuts back for him.
Dominic Ballard on 21:58 - Sep 5 with 1566 viewsRon11

Dominic Ballard on 14:19 - Sep 5 by SaintNick

He’s not even on the bench at Reading because Selles is an idiot and is probably already trying to brainwash the lad. He should be given a chance here , but no he starts Mara.
Dominic Ballard on 00:39 - Sep 6 with 1476 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah exactly, as if anything I feel a bit sorry for him as he was bright in for NJ, but was only around for something like 4 games or so before he got the boot, and hasn’t exactly suited the styles of the new managers in charge since. But even with him not suiting the style, for how poor our attack was last season, like with Ballard, I don’t get why he didn’t get more of a chance?
And again it’s similar this season, although as our season is going better (especially up front) I wouldn’t necessarily expect him as a regular, but he should still get a chance when we’ve gotta start rotating players during the peak of the season, or being subbed on in the games where the results basically set.

But one way or another like you said grumpy, he should be given more or chance, and certainly shouldn’t be getting slagged off on here anywhere near as much as he has been, especially for how little stick other players have got who have been quite poor.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Dominic Ballard on 14:35 - Sep 6 with 1338 viewsGRIM

Well said Grumps.
Every player deserves a chance to prove themselves & Big Paul Onuacho has not been given that many chances.
Rumour has it that he's not very popular in the dressing room or on the training ground.
But that would all change & he would go from zero to hero if he was scoring for fun in the Championship which I think he's capable of if his team mates gave him some decent balls to get on the end of.
But our tippy tippy possession game does not suit his style of play, we'd need to be more direct.
Dominic Ballard on 15:50 - Sep 6 with 1293 viewsPatfromPoole

Dominic Ballard on 14:35 - Sep 6 by GRIM

Well said Grumps.
Every player deserves a chance to prove themselves & Big Paul Onuacho has not been given that many chances.
Rumour has it that he's not very popular in the dressing room or on the training ground.
But that would all change & he would go from zero to hero if he was scoring for fun in the Championship which I think he's capable of if his team mates gave him some decent balls to get on the end of.
But our tippy tippy possession game does not suit his style of play, we'd need to be more direct.

For my sins, I gave Gillingham away the swerve.

I listened to it on Solent.

Jo Tessem was particularly insightful in his analysis. Breath of fresh air, light years ahead of Merrington.

Tessem said after the game that he watched Onuachu in the warm-up on the pitch before the game, and he was completely on his own, with no other Saints player near him or looking like they wanted to be near him.

Made me wonder if there is some beef going on there......

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Dominic Ballard on 15:53 - Sep 6 with 1289 viewscocklebreath

Dominic Ballard on 20:45 - Sep 5 by 1951saint

I thought he was away with England u19s

He was so hopefully involved next game

Dominic Ballard on 08:36 - Sep 15 with 958 viewsSaintNick

On what do you base the opinion that Ballard is better than Mara ?

Ballard has scored loads for the U21 side, but that is nowhere near the standard of the first team, U21 sides usually get beaten by League one & two sides in the EFL Trophy.

He has played a total of two first team appearances in the league, both off the bench totalling 24 minutes, in neither did he do much and didn't score.

He also has two cup appearances, 4 minutes against Grimsby and 15 minutes against Cambridge where he did manage a goal.

Sekou Mara played 34 games for Bordeax (24 of them off the bench) scoring 7 goals, he has started 5 League games for Saints plus 23 from the bench and scored twice, maybe it is not a great track record, but he has played and scored regularly in the French top flight, so at least he has one.

So I am not too sure that anyone can say that Ballard is better than Mara, the stats are not there to back that up, one has scored just once against a League One side in the final minute and the other has scored against Manchester City twice and also has a couple of assists to his name.

Ballard could well be a talent, but he hasn't really shown that yet at first team level where hs has played just 43 minutes, that goal aside he showed little, but he was playing in a poor side some will use as an excuse, yes but so was Sekou Mara

Ballard has gone to Reading to toughen up, Selles has seen him at first hand for a year, yet he still hasn't thought he was better than he already had there.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024