Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture 18:40 - Sep 16 with 5093 viewsSouthamptonfan

Brighton are well run from the very top. It doesn't matter who manages the team - they succeed, no matter what. The culture is just right from top to bottom. Bloom loves his club and ensures it succeeds.

Man United with the Glaziers. It doesn't matter who is manager, be it Champions League winners, Premier League winning managers, they just can't get it together.
Ten Hag is one of the most successful managers in the world. So why isn't it working there? It's the owners, the messages, the direction.

Everton - again they just can't get it right, even appointing top managers on the recent past like Koeman, Dyche etc.

There are many other examples. Saints just can't get it right can they. We got rid of various directors like Semmens and now have Jason Wilcox who is highly recommended. Yet, nothing changes. The ownership, the ambition, the direction, the plans just arn't right. Until we replace these naive owners with stupid ideas,.with one sinister intention to make money for themselves (and the players know it) nothing will change. Selling £180 million pounds worth of talent to bring in a few non committed loan players? The fans will realise who the ultimate problem are at this club soon, I hope.

I was highly unimpressed with RM's comments last night. But let's remember JW is his boss and tells him he has to play a possession game, encourages it and expects it and the owners appointed the two of them because that's what they whey want too. The owners have totally destroyed this club.

Contrast this with what happened when Marcus (RIP) took control of our club. It was success all the way back to the top.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 18:49]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 18:49 - Sep 16 with 3850 viewsPatfromPoole

It is all about recruitment.

Both of managers and players.

Les Reed had a golden 2 or 3 years, but then even he lost the plot with some disastrous managerial appointments and player signings.

We have been a shambles ever since.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 18:57 - Sep 16 with 3822 viewsSFC_Referee

Brighton and just the same as us, Leicester and Everton all were like 6 or so years ago, as back then we were some of the teams that everyone went on about how well we were all run etc. But just like us 3 teams, I can assure you it won’t last much longer and that they’ll be in the exact same situation as the likes of us within that sorta period of time!
As that’s just how modern day football is, as these teams find gems, but then have them bought for ridiculous prices, and then reinvest part of that money into replacements, which can work out at times, but that luck only lasts so long and then gets to a point where they’re no longer gems but rather letdowns, and the team no longer makes ridiculous levels of money and falls down the league quite catastrophically. And Brighton will be doing the exact same unless blooming Qatar take over them or something

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 18:58 - Sep 16 with 3833 viewsdirk_doone

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 18:49 - Sep 16 by PatfromPoole

Les Reed had a golden 2 or 3 years, but then even he lost the plot with some disastrous managerial appointments and player signings.

The head of recruitment was Paul Mitchell, NOT Les Reed. Although Reed tried to take the credit for it, he was basically just a dodgy used footballer salesman, as everyone quickly discovered when Mitchell left.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 19:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:07 - Sep 16 with 3808 viewsSouthamptonfan

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 18:49 - Sep 16 by PatfromPoole

But Man United recruited one of the best managers in the world. They have some very good players. Why isn't working there if they have good players and a great manager? The point is,if there is cancer in the club, at the very top with stupid ideas and sinister intentions to simply make money for themselves, you can't get anywhere. The owners of our club are destroying it. The players know it, successive managers know it (Ralph was broken by this club as was Jones) and this means we won't get anywhere.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 19:10]

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:09 - Sep 16 with 3798 viewsdirk_doone

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 18:58 - Sep 16 by dirk_doone

The head of recruitment was Paul Mitchell, NOT Les Reed. Although Reed tried to take the credit for it, he was basically just a dodgy used footballer salesman, as everyone quickly discovered when Mitchell left.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 19:00]

Mitchell is currently DOF at Monaco so it's no surprise how well they are doing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/french-ligue-one/table

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:17 - Sep 16 with 3766 viewsPatfromPoole

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:09 - Sep 16 by dirk_doone

Mitchell is currently DOF at Monaco so it's no surprise how well they are doing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/french-ligue-one/table

Nice seem to be doing well with our LB too….

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:23 - Sep 16 with 3762 viewsdirk_doone

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:17 - Sep 16 by PatfromPoole

Nice seem to be doing well with our LB too….

Perraud is a much better defender than Ryan Manning, whose arrival here is one of the main reasons we concede so many goals. This summer's transfer window has really weakened our team.

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:56 - Sep 16 with 3669 viewsSouthamptonfan

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:23 - Sep 16 by dirk_doone

Perraud is a much better defender than Ryan Manning, whose arrival here is one of the main reasons we concede so many goals. This summer's transfer window has really weakened our team.

As is the same every summer for the last 5 years.

Login to get fewer ads

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:03 - Sep 16 with 3480 viewskingslandstand1

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 18:57 - Sep 16 by SFC_Referee

Brighton and just the same as us, Leicester and Everton all were like 6 or so years ago, as back then we were some of the teams that everyone went on about how well we were all run etc. But just like us 3 teams, I can assure you it won’t last much longer and that they’ll be in the exact same situation as the likes of us within that sorta period of time!
As that’s just how modern day football is, as these teams find gems, but then have them bought for ridiculous prices, and then reinvest part of that money into replacements, which can work out at times, but that luck only lasts so long and then gets to a point where they’re no longer gems but rather letdowns, and the team no longer makes ridiculous levels of money and falls down the league quite catastrophically. And Brighton will be doing the exact same unless blooming Qatar take over them or something

One big difference is that Bloom is also a fan, though I've been saying similar to you for a while now
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:49 - Sep 16 with 3425 viewssaint22

I have said the same before
In any walk of life those who lead set the example
We have terrible people at the top and that filters down
It goes for any business
And for the matter government
SR are clueless except when it comes to making their money back and unfortunately that’s gonna come at the expense of our club
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:52 - Sep 16 with 3425 views1teeminants

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 18:57 - Sep 16 by SFC_Referee

Exactly this.

I had a discussion on the train to Brighton with a Brighton fan before the last Brighton v saints fixture. He was trying to take the Mickey out of a group of younger saints fans saying Brighton were going to Europe and were the best team in the south . When I reminded him we’d done all that and they would eventually lose all their stars like we did he didn’t like it . Since that discussion they’ve had to sell several stars. Admittedly they’re still doing ok but I think it’s only a matter of time before they fall away .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:56 - Sep 16 with 3415 viewsPatfromPoole

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:52 - Sep 16 by 1teeminants

Exactly this.

I had a discussion on the train to Brighton with a Brighton fan before the last Brighton v saints fixture. He was trying to take the Mickey out of a group of younger saints fans saying Brighton were going to Europe and were the best team in the south . When I reminded him we’d done all that and they would eventually lose all their stars like we did he didn’t like it . Since that discussion they’ve had to sell several stars. Admittedly they’re still doing ok but I think it’s only a matter of time before they fall away .

They are doing far more than OK……

They keep replacing players with better ones.

They have beaten United four times on the trot in the Prem.

Not many other clubs have ever done that.

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 06:41 - Sep 17 with 3323 views1teeminants

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:56 - Sep 16 by PatfromPoole

They are doing far more than OK……

They keep replacing players with better ones.

They have beaten United four times on the trot in the Prem.

Not many other clubs have ever done that.

Yes they are doing ok but I find it very strange that some fans on here as I’ve said before never seem to mention when saints were doing ok , they just love to concentrate on the negatives. Four top 8 finishes including 6 th and Europe or have we just forgotten about all that ? Brighton now are no different to what we were. The big clubs will eventually pick any remaining talent off like choosing candy in a sweet shop and not all their replacements will work out.

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 07:07 - Sep 17 with 3299 viewsBuenosSaint

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 06:41 - Sep 17 by 1teeminants

Yes they are doing ok but I find it very strange that some fans on here as I’ve said before never seem to mention when saints were doing ok , they just love to concentrate on the negatives. Four top 8 finishes including 6 th and Europe or have we just forgotten about all that ? Brighton now are no different to what we were. The big clubs will eventually pick any remaining talent off like choosing candy in a sweet shop and not all their replacements will work out.

Yes, exactly this. The rich clubs don't need to scout. They'll buy proven talent from the likes of Brighton who have proved themselves in the premier league already. Same as happened to us. Brighton will try and replace. Any proven star will subsequently be also picked off. Ultimately, most replacements won't be up to it and Brighton will quickly drop down. The rich clubs sometimes buy of each other but it is in their interest to keep weakening up and coming teams like Brighton and, once, us.

Poll: The Long Future

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 08:57 - Sep 17 with 3206 viewssaintwizzler

And people said Gao was bad…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 09:10 - Sep 17 with 3199 viewsTripleNiemi

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 08:57 - Sep 17 by saintwizzler

And people said Gao was bad…

Let’s not forget, there were plenty abusing Kat on a daily basis…….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 09:15 - Sep 17 with 3186 viewsPatfromPoole

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 09:10 - Sep 17 by TripleNiemi

Let’s not forget, there were plenty abusing Kat on a daily basis…….

Does she still hold her 20% stake?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 09:35 - Sep 17 with 3151 viewsRon11

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:23 - Sep 16 by dirk_doone

Another Martin negative action. Brings in his useless mate Manning and gets rid of Perraud, then shakes his head in disgust when they continue to ship goals.
The man's a fraud.
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 10:06 - Sep 17 with 3115 viewssaintwizzler

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 07:07 - Sep 17 by BuenosSaint

Yes, exactly this. The rich clubs don't need to scout. They'll buy proven talent from the likes of Brighton who have proved themselves in the premier league already. Same as happened to us. Brighton will try and replace. Any proven star will subsequently be also picked off. Ultimately, most replacements won't be up to it and Brighton will quickly drop down. The rich clubs sometimes buy of each other but it is in their interest to keep weakening up and coming teams like Brighton and, once, us.

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 10:27 - Sep 17 with 3084 viewsTripleNiemi

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 09:15 - Sep 17 by PatfromPoole

Does she still hold her 20% stake?

Must admit, I have no idea now. Personally I would like to think she is still involved, albeit it with a minor stake, but suspect she may have called it a day and bailed / sold to this current mob.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 12:56 - Sep 17 with 2990 viewsBuenosSaint

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 10:06 - Sep 17 by saintwizzler

Wow. Just wow. That is mental.
I'm supporting Brighton in the PL.

They deserve South coast top dog status

Poll: The Long Future

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 13:15 - Sep 17 with 2948 views1teeminants

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 10:06 - Sep 17 by saintwizzler

If it’s not the players leaving it will be the manager who will probably end up at Man U. I’ll give it another season after this then he’ll be off to win major trophies.

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 13:47 - Sep 17 with 2894 viewssaintwizzler

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 13:15 - Sep 17 by 1teeminants

If it’s not the players leaving it will be the manager who will probably end up at Man U. I’ll give it another season after this then he’ll be off to win major trophies.

Like Potter?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 16:18 - Sep 17 with 2818 viewskingslandstand1

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 06:41 - Sep 17 by 1teeminants

I've been saying this for ages now but find it hard to accept that Brighton are above us in the "South Coast heirarchy" (even more so Bmuff, but they are only just surviving and a draw at home to Chelsea is nothing to shout about nowadays).

Their time to start sliding will come, but as I've also said, they have an owner that wants success not just financial reward and both of those areas are doing pretty well at the moment

As I work in that area a bit right now, I don't raise football as a topic of conversation very much, although there is one Albion fan who openly admits that he's just going to make the most of it while it lasts, as we did!
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 16:45 - Sep 17 with 2793 views1teeminants

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 13:47 - Sep 17 by saintwizzler

Like Potter?

The point is good players and good managers won’t stay at Brighton.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024