Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out 15:16 - Sep 25 with 3352 viewsSaintNick

This is a big surprise only a little over 900 tickets left in the home general seating areas for Saturday

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 16:58 - Sep 25 with 2811 views1ASIN12

Leeds are still a big draw - probably the biggest club in the championship and those fans that want to watch big clubs then Leeds will be one they want to see .

Not knocking our support though and we never get the credit we deserve in our local media (tv / radio) you can guarantee that if Portsmouth got 25,000 plus crowds in the championship both Meridian and BBC south would not stop going on about how great they are and what fantastic support they have .

There will be undoubtedly, for the 1st time this season , several away fans footed about .
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:22 - Sep 25 with 2732 viewsgrumpy

Will we be moving our fans around in the Northam.
St. Marys is not a home fan friendly ground.
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:23 - Sep 25 with 2730 viewscocklebreath

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:22 - Sep 25 by grumpy

Will we be moving our fans around in the Northam.
St. Marys is not a home fan friendly ground.

Why would we be moving fans in the Northam? It’s not a cup match

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:34 - Sep 25 with 2716 viewsgrumpy

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:23 - Sep 25 by cocklebreath

Why would we be moving fans in the Northam? It’s not a cup match

How many are Leeds bringing down?
If its more than 3300 that will be interesting.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 18:44]
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:45 - Sep 25 with 2696 viewsCapt_Koons

Of course it's heading to a sell out. Everyone loves rubber necking a car crash.
0-3, Martin and SR out.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:46 - Sep 25 with 2694 viewscocklebreath

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:34 - Sep 25 by grumpy

How many are Leeds bringing down?
If its more than 3300 that will be interesting.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 18:44]

They’ll get just under 3000 but obviously they’ll buy a load in the home stands, probably a few hundred, no different than pretty much every game last 2 seasons

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:55 - Sep 25 with 2671 viewsgrumpy

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:46 - Sep 25 by cocklebreath

They’ll get just under 3000 but obviously they’ll buy a load in the home stands, probably a few hundred, no different than pretty much every game last 2 seasons

I will be very surprised if they don't get 4000 or more into the ground.

The way St.Marys is set up just doesn't work.
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 19:04 - Sep 25 with 2661 views1885_SFC

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:45 - Sep 25 by Capt_Koons

Of course it's heading to a sell out. Everyone loves rubber necking a car crash.
0-3, Martin and SR out.

Yeah, it's like watching Live-Leak videos when ISIS began their reign of terror in Syria. Some of the content was pure evil and sheer horror... but I just had to watch the odd video. Same went for Boko Haram in Nigeria. I know I shouldn't have... but morbid curiosity got the better of me!

Russell Martin's Saints are similar. Horrific, suicidal, downright shocking to watch. But you still have to go. Why?

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 20:09 - Sep 25 with 2587 viewssaintmark1976

Nick, you keep saying that games will be a sell out and I can understand why given that’s what the Club’s website suggests. However when I attend these “ sell outs “ there appears to be spare seats all around the stadium, a fact confirmed when I see the match highlights on TV later. Any idea why?
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 20:22 - Sep 25 with 2569 viewsBuggalugs

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 18:55 - Sep 25 by grumpy

I will be very surprised if they don't get 4000 or more into the ground.

The way St.Marys is set up just doesn't work.

No matter how St Mary’s is set up, we’d still only give them a 3,000 allocation old bean.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 21:06 - Sep 25 with 2514 viewscocklebreath

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 20:09 - Sep 25 by saintmark1976

Nick, you keep saying that games will be a sell out and I can understand why given that’s what the Club’s website suggests. However when I attend these “ sell outs “ there appears to be spare seats all around the stadium, a fact confirmed when I see the match highlights on TV later. Any idea why?

It’s been like this for years, a sell out is never a sellout not like it used to be no idea why.

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 21:11 - Sep 25 with 2505 viewsSaintNick

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 20:09 - Sep 25 by saintmark1976

I always say sell outs in the general areas, there are usually corporate seats available.

The reason there are empty seats in the general seated areas.

1. For some reason St Mary's capacity seems to have reduced in the past few years, back in 2018/19 our highest attendance was 31, 890 not far short of the record, but since then the highest crowd has been around 31,600-700, I.m not sure why there are sell outs 200 short of what they used to be.

2. There are more seats in the ground than the official capacity, when the stadium opened there were around 32,600 seats, that has reduced slightly due to extra media seats in the Kingsland, but there are still a few hundred seats over the capacity. The segregation netting take up some of these.

3. There are usually a few empty seats in the Chapel end corner on the itchen side, these are tickets allocated to League sponsors Sky Bet etc, these are given out but not always used.

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 21:35 - Sep 25 with 2459 viewsPatfromPoole

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 21:11 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

I always say sell outs in the general areas, there are usually corporate seats available.

1. For some reason St Mary's capacity seems to have reduced in the past few years, back in 2018/19 our highest attendance was 31, 890 not far short of the record, but since then the highest crowd has been around 31,600-700, I.m not sure why there are sell outs 200 short of what they used to be.

2. There are more seats in the ground than the official capacity, when the stadium opened there were around 32,600 seats, that has reduced slightly due to extra media seats in the Kingsland, but there are still a few hundred seats over the capacity. The segregation netting take up some of these.

3. There are usually a few empty seats in the Chapel end corner on the itchen side, these are tickets allocated to League sponsors Sky Bet etc, these are given out but not always used.

Er, cough cough, Block 1……….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 21:36 - Sep 25 with 2457 viewsSaintNick

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 21:35 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

Er, cough cough, Block 1……….

Block 1 was only closed a year ago the capacity has been lower since 2018.

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 22:00 - Sep 25 with 2430 viewsPatfromPoole

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 21:36 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

Block 1 was only closed a year ago the capacity has been lower since 2018.

Probably corporates.

Quite a few empty boxes in between the Itchen North and Itchen Centre for most games last season.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 22:04 - Sep 25 with 2428 viewsSaintNick

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 22:00 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

Probably corporates.

Quite a few empty boxes in between the Itchen North and Itchen Centre for most games last season.

The corporate boxes hold 10 people so with I think 26 boxes in total you only have around 260 in there

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 22:37 - Sep 25 with 2383 viewsNewdawn2014

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 19:04 - Sep 25 by 1885_SFC

Yeah, it's like watching Live-Leak videos when ISIS began their reign of terror in Syria. Some of the content was pure evil and sheer horror... but I just had to watch the odd video. Same went for Boko Haram in Nigeria. I know I shouldn't have... but morbid curiosity got the better of me!

Russell Martin's Saints are similar. Horrific, suicidal, downright shocking to watch. But you still have to go. Why?

How do you make a comparison between the butchery that went on in Syria to a football match ?
Very odd .
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 16:07 - Sep 26 with 2165 viewsSaintNick

About 200 more tickets sold in the last 24 hours

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 16:14 - Sep 26 with 2153 viewssaints__fan__73

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 16:07 - Sep 26 by SaintNick

About 200 more tickets sold in the last 24 hours

20k attendances by Nov you think Nick?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 23:09 - Sep 26 with 2041 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 22:04 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

The corporate boxes hold 10 people so with I think 26 boxes in total you only have around 260 in there

There were 47 boxes when the stadium opened x 10 = 470
If there are now 26 then around 200 has been knocked off the capacity because of this,
And of course a few hundred is taken off capacity due to the netting at the Itchen end.
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 05:51 - Sep 27 with 1986 viewscocklebreath

Before when we had sell outs the ground looked sold out but I’m sure on Saturday they’ll be blocks of empty seats all over

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 08:34 - Sep 27 with 1901 viewsCenturion

Leeds seem to have found their stride. Should be an interesting game.
Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 08:44 - Sep 27 with 1890 viewsarfurdent

three goal rule will be in force

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 10:05 - Sep 27 with 1829 viewsSaintNick

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 23:09 - Sep 26 by SouthSeaSaint

There were 47 boxes when the stadium opened x 10 = 470
If there are now 26 then around 200 has been knocked off the capacity because of this,
And of course a few hundred is taken off capacity due to the netting at the Itchen end.

You are probably right I have got my sums wrong, although they have knocked a couple of boxes together into bigger ones, the capacity would still be around 450 ish

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 13:22 - Sep 27 with 1752 viewsMattFinish

Leeds Game Heading Towards Sell Out on 21:11 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

4. Fans can't bring themselves to watch Martin's tippy, tappy tosh and go a watch paint drying somewhere
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024