Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool Match Thread 14:56 - Oct 28 with 14908 viewsChaffRAFC

First team as expected but how do you go from saying we might miss Devante Rodney all season to him then being on the bench the next game?

Just what the f*** is going on with him?

And there's nobody, in the world, can tell me that Afuye can offer more than Oscar Kelly who just can't make it onto the bench.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hartlepool Match Thread on 16:56 - Oct 28 with 3726 viewsDaleiLama

Hartlepool Match Thread on 16:54 - Oct 28 by EllGazzell

They just missed an open goal!!!

Doing our best to throw away a 3 goal lead. Feels like a matter of time

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 28 with 3649 viewsEllGazzell

Come on!!! Up The Dale

New underpants time here in Prague
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:03]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 28 with 3644 views100569

Hartlepool Match Thread on 16:47 - Oct 28 by 100569

and now its squeaky bum time !

and breath !
Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:04 - Oct 28 with 3591 viewsDaleiLama

Brilliant win. Somehow survived the seige of the Alamo.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:05 - Oct 28 with 3575 viewsD_Alien

Much-needed 3pts ahead of a fortnight's break, to at least go into that having arrested the slide. As a result, still well-positioned if we can get our squad fit and rested

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 28 with 3554 viewsEdindale

Well done dale!
Nervy win but we like doing things the hard way. Must be able protect our lead better in the remainder of the season.
Good to see Rodney back!
Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 28 with 3548 viewsNorthernDale

I will take that, at 3-2, I was dreading the Hartlepool equaliser. Now we have a weekend off to recover and rest.
Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 28 with 3524 views442Dale

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 28 by 100569

and breath !

Great result. To hold out will be good for them psychologically going forward.

6 wins, 6 draws, 6 defeats against a backdrop of such uncertainty raises McNulty’s stock.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:16 - Oct 28 with 3370 viewsRAFCBLUE

A welcome three points on a dreadful pitch. We made hard work of it but a win is a win.

Interesting to hear that the Hartlepool chair saying no potential buyer has even cleared ‘the first hurdle’ when it comes to proof of funds.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:27 - Oct 28 with 3252 views442Dale

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:16 - Oct 28 by RAFCBLUE

A welcome three points on a dreadful pitch. We made hard work of it but a win is a win.

Interesting to hear that the Hartlepool chair saying no potential buyer has even cleared ‘the first hurdle’ when it comes to proof of funds.

Is it?

That RAFC finances thread is more interesting as it has our fans taking the time to discuss our situation and raising valid questions with possible solutions.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:43]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:30 - Oct 28 with 3238 views_Windydale

Brilliant result. A great lift for the club and fans. But so much anxiety in the last 10 mins as we struggle under pressure.

Nice on the ball for most of the game and working it. Looking for a dangerous ball in, moving it quicker than it has been and we looked good in attack.

Any spirited side going toe to toe against our Defenders in the box, is going to get a goal or two. If only we can sort this problem out then we can be contenders at least for the playoffs.
Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:36 - Oct 28 with 3156 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:27 - Oct 28 by 442Dale

Is it?

That RAFC finances thread is more interesting as it has our fans taking the time to discuss our situation and raising valid questions with possible solutions.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:43]

Yes.

Singh broadly said what he'd said in the Hartlepool earlier in the week:
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/raj-singh-to-welcome-local-inves

Some extracts:
"Upon making the sale public in April I asked any interested parties to provide basic details including how they would take Hartlepool United forward, as well as an initial proof of funds. The initial proof of funds was set at a level based purely on anticipated operating losses for this season and next."

“One aspect that has been an evident issue during this process is the club’s lack of ground ownership. That point was obviously something that I had been looking to address with the local authority longer term. It is unlikely that an international standard investor will step into a club that doesn’t own its own ground with the potential to develop it for additional revenue streams.”

Shows to me a lot of clubs are all up for sale or seeking investment and heavily loss making.

Also shows the value of Spotland.

Anyway back to football, Nevitt was impressing again today and Hendo did a great job in the "Pirlo" role.

Not sure how Rodney plays with such a serious heart issue. There must be more to that issue than so far explained.

Good noise from 225 Daleys despite the jitters at the end, particularly the open goal they had from 3 yards.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:41 - Oct 28 with 3121 viewsfrenzied

Terrific win.

Hayes has acquitted himself well..pity its only a month loan.
Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:48 - Oct 28 with 3065 viewsJames1980

Watched online from Brazil (today's VPN location) looked down at my watch and although I was sitting down heart rate was 122 BPM during those last few minutes talk about heart in mouth when they missed that open goal.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:52 - Oct 28 with 3010 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:36 - Oct 28 by RAFCBLUE

Yes.

Singh broadly said what he'd said in the Hartlepool earlier in the week:
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/raj-singh-to-welcome-local-inves

Some extracts:
"Upon making the sale public in April I asked any interested parties to provide basic details including how they would take Hartlepool United forward, as well as an initial proof of funds. The initial proof of funds was set at a level based purely on anticipated operating losses for this season and next."

“One aspect that has been an evident issue during this process is the club’s lack of ground ownership. That point was obviously something that I had been looking to address with the local authority longer term. It is unlikely that an international standard investor will step into a club that doesn’t own its own ground with the potential to develop it for additional revenue streams.”

Shows to me a lot of clubs are all up for sale or seeking investment and heavily loss making.

Also shows the value of Spotland.

Anyway back to football, Nevitt was impressing again today and Hendo did a great job in the "Pirlo" role.

Not sure how Rodney plays with such a serious heart issue. There must be more to that issue than so far explained.

Good noise from 225 Daleys despite the jitters at the end, particularly the open goal they had from 3 yards.

To be fair, everyone else was talking about football.

There's another lengthy thread about finances with plenty of unanswered points and questions still pending.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:55 - Oct 28 with 2999 viewsNorthernDale

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:41 - Oct 28 by frenzied

Terrific win.

Hayes has acquitted himself well..pity its only a month loan.

Hopefully it will be extended, Hayes is a good player and with Fleetwood allowing him to play in the FA Cup, it could hopefully indicate that at present he is not in Lee Johnson immediate plans.

It is nice to see Keohane score again, is that 4 for the season now, when John is back, I would be tempted to play him in a more forward role.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:59]
Hartlepool Match Thread on 18:16 - Oct 28 with 2821 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:52 - Oct 28 by TVOS1907

To be fair, everyone else was talking about football.

There's another lengthy thread about finances with plenty of unanswered points and questions still pending.

So was I and and to be fair to him as was Raj Singh.

Let's hope the upcoming Trust meeting with the Board provides the detailed clarity that some are seeking since to others, including Hartlepool's owner, its an obvious tough world out there and covering operating losses at Level 5.

We'll be meeting Hartlepool again in the National League next season so we can reassess how both have progressed then.

Hartlepool Match Thread on 18:27 - Oct 28 with 2741 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool Match Thread on 18:16 - Oct 28 by RAFCBLUE

Let's hope the upcoming Trust meeting with the Board provides the detailed clarity that some are seeking since to others, including Hartlepool's owner, its an obvious tough world out there and covering operating losses at Level 5.

We'll be meeting Hartlepool again in the National League next season so we can reassess how both have progressed then.

Those questions on that other thread might have been addressed by then, especially Chaff's excellent selection.

Or not.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hartlepool Match Thread on 18:31 - Oct 28 with 2711 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool Match Thread on 18:16 - Oct 28 by RAFCBLUE

There's no reason to differentiate between those seeking detailed clarity on Dale's finances and Raj Singh, apart from the latter having the details of his own club available to him
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 18:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool Match Thread on 19:34 - Oct 28 with 2416 viewsEdindale

Hartlepool Match Thread on 17:30 - Oct 28 by _Windydale

Brilliant result. A great lift for the club and fans. But so much anxiety in the last 10 mins as we struggle under pressure.

Nice on the ball for most of the game and working it. Looking for a dangerous ball in, moving it quicker than it has been and we looked good in attack.

Any spirited side going toe to toe against our Defenders in the box, is going to get a goal or two. If only we can sort this problem out then we can be contenders at least for the playoffs.

In reality we should have at least another 4 points and be sitting in the top 7.

Our 6-6-6 is comparable to other top teams (except Chesterfield and Barnet). Strangely we look more aggressive now but with defensive frailties.

However we are tired and injury prone. We need our experienced players back and at the very least some additional cover in midfield if we are to achieve a play off spot.

It goes without saying that if off field matters could be clarified that would also be a shot in the arm.
Hartlepool Match Thread on 20:04 - Oct 28 with 2302 viewspioneer

Much needed win in this league of weird results.

That much praised (on here) Gateshead team get flogged at home by bottom team Fylde
Hartlepool Match Thread on 20:27 - Oct 28 with 2191 viewsTalkingSutty

Hartlepool Match Thread on 19:34 - Oct 28 by Edindale

In reality we should have at least another 4 points and be sitting in the top 7.

Our 6-6-6 is comparable to other top teams (except Chesterfield and Barnet). Strangely we look more aggressive now but with defensive frailties.

However we are tired and injury prone. We need our experienced players back and at the very least some additional cover in midfield if we are to achieve a play off spot.

It goes without saying that if off field matters could be clarified that would also be a shot in the arm.

It's a real shame that the club is in the mess that it is because with two or three decent additions, particularly in defence i reckon we have a team that is capable of finishing in the play offs. Our performance in that first half was a real blast from the past and the manager needs to take a lot of credit for that. It would have been a travesty had we not won the game. If only we could sort the defence out.
Hartlepool Match Thread on 21:09 - Oct 28 with 2032 viewsEllDale

Hartlepool Match Thread on 20:04 - Oct 28 by pioneer

Much needed win in this league of weird results.

That much praised (on here) Gateshead team get flogged at home by bottom team Fylde

A Fylde team suddenly galvanised for some reason this week.
Wins against Oldham and Gateshead, seven goals scored, none conceded.
It’s a crazy league where form is concerned, Chesterfield excepted.
Hartlepool Match Thread on 22:35 - Oct 28 with 1785 viewsmikehunt

Was that result down to our inability to string two good halves together?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Hartlepool Match Thread on 23:33 - Oct 28 with 1675 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Really useful three points today and well done to our lot for holding on to the end.
Take time off and rest up while you can...pity we are too skint to afford a trip away in the sun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024