Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats it like at Millwall 11:50 - Nov 2 with 1988 viewsgrumpy

I have been to most London grounds,numerous visits to Chelsea,Spurs,West Ham and Arsenal but never Millwall.I do envy those going(I think) and would like to know what the experience is like.
Whats it like at Millwall on 13:20 - Nov 2 with 1891 viewssaints__fan__73

Nothing like it was in the 70s/80s.

It's just a London club with about 15k watching at a nondescript ground.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Whats it like at Millwall on 14:01 - Nov 2 with 1856 viewsSaintNick

Whats it like at Millwall on 13:20 - Nov 2 by saints__fan__73

Whilst I would agree the ground is nondescript, Millwall are still a club that has a loyal fanbase that can turn out on occasions.

It is nothing like it was in the 70's etc because the area is becoming gentrified, the docks are long gone but many Millwall fans still glorify in their reputation and like to play up to the legend.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Whats it like at Millwall on 15:18 - Nov 2 with 1778 viewsDorsetIan

I was there for a game about 10 years ago and thought it one of the best atmosphere's I'd experienced at an away ground.

I don't know if they still do it, but when they scored, they played some old boy song which finished with 'we all go doooown to the deeee-ennnn' and the whole crowd joined in. It was impressive.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Whats it like at Millwall on 16:11 - Nov 2 with 1735 viewshedgeend61

Whats it like at Millwall on 15:18 - Nov 2 by DorsetIan

I was there for a game about 10 years ago and thought it one of the best atmosphere's I'd experienced at an away ground.

I don't know if they still do it, but when they scored, they played some old boy song which finished with 'we all go doooown to the deeee-ennnn' and the whole crowd joined in. It was impressive.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=let+em+all+come+down+to+the+den&docid=60352
Whats it like at Millwall on 16:15 - Nov 2 with 1716 viewsgrumpy

Whats it like at Millwall on 16:11 - Nov 2 by hedgeend61

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=let+em+all+come+down+to+the+den&docid=60352

Brilliant
Whats it like at Millwall on 17:00 - Nov 2 with 1674 viewsDorsetIan

Whats it like at Millwall on 16:11 - Nov 2 by hedgeend61

That's it. Brilliant.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Whats it like at Millwall on 20:54 - Nov 2 with 1488 viewsInTimeAddedOn

The other song they used to frequently sing was:
We are Millwall,
Super Millwall,
No one likes us,
We don’t care
Think that tended to be more prevalent at away games than at home.
The new Den is nothing like the old Den, that was a bear pit, horrible place to go. Nick is quite right, the area is now a shadow of its big bad past but they still have a few unsavoury characters here and there so just be aware of that.
Thinking back to one potential incident, after we edged past them in the 2003 FA Cup Replay at The Den with an extra time goal from Matt Oakley a small group of us keeping a very low profile made it back to a packed South Bermondsey station only for an elderly relative of one of our group to phone BR enquiries and ask in a quite loud voice what time the last train was from Waterloo to Winchester!!! The scene on a packed platform was somewhat reminiscent of the closing sequence in the Blues Brothers as they pay the orphanage’s tax bill. I think the fact the guy was clearly in his 70’s saved his bacon, and ours, as we would have had his back if they started on him but realistically we’d have got battered as we were woefully outnumbered. Fortunately they just glared at him and as daft as he’d been making the call he had the nous not to talk to any of us before we got back to the relative safety of Waterloo and were sure we were not being followed. Lucky escape 😊
Whats it like at Millwall on 11:51 - Nov 3 with 1254 viewswibbersda

Whats it like at Millwall on 13:20 - Nov 2 by saints__fan__73

Well, the 80's at the Den were just plain Scary!
Login to get fewer ads

Whats it like at Millwall on 12:38 - Nov 3 with 1227 viewsarfurdent

went a few times in the mid 1970s and it was a bit like Beiruit on a good day during the uprisings

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024