Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Is It 08:57 - Dec 6 with 2340 viewsSaintNick

This board is busy when things go badly, it is inundated with people keen to tell us all where it is going wrong and say how bad things are, yet when we win no one is as keen to praise the team and manager.

This is not a new thing in the 23 years TUI has been online, in fact it is the usual pattern, however you read other teams and they like us like a good moan, but when the good times happen they are just as keen to shout it from the rooftops and tell the world how good their club is.

It's always puzzled me

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Why Is It on 09:38 - Dec 6 with 2305 viewsButty101

Is this good times?

You keep telling us we have the best squad in the league yet we are 4th. Sounds like we are underachieving.

Cardiff was a very good performance and lets hope thats the future. But by my reckoning that and Leeds are the only decent performances this season.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Why Is It on 10:58 - Dec 6 with 2239 viewsBerber

It is the same on almost every opinion related board on any topic. Bad news and controversy drive up posts almost exponentially. When people feel content, they are usually happy to go about their lives in a contented manner. If something bugs them, you never stop hearing about it.

ASL your wife.
Why Is It on 11:26 - Dec 6 with 2217 viewsPatfromPoole

I liken it to roads.

When the quality of road surfaces is good, barely a peep is heard.

But when roads have so many potholes that they resemble a pizza, there is much discontent.

Think the phrase is human nature.....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Why Is It on 11:32 - Dec 6 with 2210 viewsNYC_Saint

Read the match day threads - there's plenty of whining and moaning on those despite the 11 game run! To be fair (and to quote our manager earlier in the season) there is scar tissue and I, for one, am nervous to get too excited just yet.

However, it had been great to see the team to both dig out results and play some dominant games too. Interesting how Arsenal's injury time winner against a promoted team is seen as proof they can win the league whereas our last gasp wins, to many posters, have been proof we won't even make the playoffs...
Why Is It on 12:12 - Dec 6 with 2169 viewsSonicBoom

Well I'll stir the pot....

We are getting results which Nick points out. He says that's all that matters and to some it is. I have to say i don't enjoy our football even when we win. Obviously I don't include goals but just watching our passing game isn't for me. I accept I'm clearly a luddite, I have to say I didn't really enjoy watching Barcelona at their peak. 1000 passes a game is great technically but it's just not a style I enjoy. I find it boring. But there you are, each to their own.
Why Is It on 13:02 - Dec 6 with 2128 viewsI_would

It's too boring to say anything about.

What worries people is where will we be at the end of the season because this squad sure ain't going to set fire to the Premier League if we were to be, by some miracle, promoted?

Is this as good as it gets under these owners?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Why Is It on 13:13 - Dec 6 with 2115 viewsGRIM

We don't to build them up too much in case the wheels come off.
No matter how well they're doing we'll always want them to do better, that's how fickle us genuine supporters are.
Why Is It on 18:56 - Dec 6 with 1958 viewsIfonly

Why Is It on 12:12 - Dec 6 by SonicBoom

We are getting results which Nick points out. He says that's all that matters and to some it is. I have to say i don't enjoy our football even when we win. Obviously I don't include goals but just watching our passing game isn't for me. I accept I'm clearly a luddite, I have to say I didn't really enjoy watching Barcelona at their peak. 1000 passes a game is great technically but it's just not a style I enjoy. I find it boring. But there you are, each to their own.

I'm with you. When we're being positive it's sort of ok but when we're negative, like at Huddersfield recently, it's just the worst thing to watch. Frustrating as well as boring.

I think football needs a rule like in Rugby League where you have to give up the ball if you haven't done anything with it for a while. Or maybe like at those hot mic comedy nights, there should be some bloke in the stands with his finger on a buzzer and as soon as it gets boring he presses the buzzer and they have to hand it over. That would give all the wannabe Peps a good kick up the arse.
Login to get fewer ads

Why Is It on 20:05 - Dec 6 with 1900 viewskernow

My view is that when you’re on a losing streak you weep and moan or just shrug it off.
When you start winning again you enjoy it but keep your triumphalism on a low burner.
Why Is It on 22:23 - Dec 6 with 1839 viewsRon11

Why Is It on 20:05 - Dec 6 by kernow

My view is that when you’re on a losing streak you weep and moan or just shrug it off.
When you start winning again you enjoy it but keep your triumphalism on a low burner.

Just in case we get our hopes dashed again?
Why Is It on 13:33 - Dec 7 with 1662 viewsarfurdent

Why Is It on 20:05 - Dec 6 by kernow

jingoism has been declared woke by those in self-appointed tosserism

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Why Is It on 15:36 - Dec 7 with 1611 viewsTripleNiemi

Why Is It on 12:12 - Dec 6 by SonicBoom

This. Said it before the Cardiff game in the pub, provided the results still come in most will forgive the 90% possession /sideways approach. As soon as results start to hit the skids then watch the atmosphere change (and at a quicker rate than we get the ball out of our own half).

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Why Is It on 19:13 - Dec 7 with 1559 viewskingolaf

I was a huge critic of Martin earlier in the season. Thankfully I was wrong. The team have adapted well to his style of play.
If we could put away our fair share of the chances we create, we’ll walk this league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024