Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford Game Matchday.Thread 07:31 - Dec 9 with 6947 viewsSaintNick

Good luck to everyone travelling up today it’s going to be chaotic

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 10:13 - Dec 9 with 5164 viewssaintwizzler

Piece of piss if you get out of bed early.

On my 3 pint now.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 14:16 - Dec 9 with 4984 views1885_SFC

Downes out with a stomach bug...

Old School is Cool

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 14:27 - Dec 9 with 4966 viewsAvior

Pretty punchy lineup for an away game. Charles is going to have a lot of work to do! COYR
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 14:31 - Dec 9 with 4949 viewsGRIM

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 14:27 - Dec 9 by Avior

Pretty punchy lineup for an away game. Charles is going to have a lot of work to do! COYR

We'll miss Flynn Downes today.
I see we've got 18 Yr old midfielder Bragg on the bench.
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 14:31 - Dec 9 with 4947 viewsJellybaby

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 14:16 - Dec 9 by 1885_SFC

Downes out with a stomach bug...

A lot of "A"'s in that attack, hopefully they will be A1!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 14:48 - Dec 9 with 4905 views1885_SFC

Leeds won 2-0 away at Blackburn earlier today while West Brom lost 2-1 at Sunderland. If we can pick up 3 points today, we can open up a 9 point gap to the next team behind us by the end of the day.

Old School is Cool

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 15:19 - Dec 9 with 4825 viewsTimSaint

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 14:48 - Dec 9 by 1885_SFC

Leeds won 2-0 away at Blackburn earlier today while West Brom lost 2-1 at Sunderland. If we can pick up 3 points today, we can open up a 9 point gap to the next team behind us by the end of the day.

Not quite right Sir.
WBA on 32
Saints on 37, can get to 40 with a win today.
If Hull win, they can reach 33 points and leap up to 5th.

But who cares about the others, as long as we win !!

TimSaint

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 15:35 - Dec 9 with 4774 viewsCity_boy

Looking good. 30 mins gone. 70% possession, no shots and 1 corner !
Login to get fewer ads

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 15:51 - Dec 9 with 4721 views1885_SFC

KWP and Bednarek playing very well. Nothing much happening up front though.

Watford with the better chances. Think this game will end 1-0 or 1-1 at the most.

Shea Charles not having a great game & has that yellow card through frustration. I reckon he'll be subbed before long.

Old School is Cool

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 16:27 - Dec 9 with 4559 viewsUlsterBaz

Not sure that lead’s deserved but we’ll take it!
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 16:59 - Dec 9 with 4463 viewsUlsterBaz

Bazunu’s had a great game then does that. 🙄
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:00 - Dec 9 with 4446 views1885_SFC

Huddersfield all over again.

Old School is Cool

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:00 - Dec 9 with 4441 viewsRon11

Watford salvage a point playing direct football.
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:07 - Dec 9 with 4370 viewseastlondonsaint

FFS

"Sit down Bullseye"

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:11 - Dec 9 with 4345 viewsTimSaint

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:00 - Dec 9 by Ron11

Watford salvage a point playing direct football.

We went defensive for the last 5 mins plus injury time and invited them to attack.

Deja vu

Yet more points dropped

What annoys is RM saying they will learn from previous games, but we clearly haven't.

It's great that we are still on a 12 game unbeaten run, but we are actually falling back from the 3 teams we are chasing !!

TimSaint

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:19 - Dec 9 with 4306 viewsgrumpy

We need firepower to bury teams. Leiecester,Ipswich and Leeds have it we do not.Those 3 are my favourites to get promotion. If we had bought a good striker at the start of the season rather than a injury prone one we would have been flying by now.
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:22 - Dec 9 with 4289 viewsSFC_Referee

Well that was well annoying! Especially around Bazunu, as him and Bednerak were both outstanding today, and Bazunu did some great saves and long balls, but that mistake at the end had kinda removed most of the praise he’d got from before then.
But even then we just can’t seem to put many games to bed and it’s why we can’t seem to keep up with Leicester and Ipswich. But still unfortunately todays draw was a fair result as we had the chances for the second half, whilst it was the first half that they had there’s.

Although at the same time a 12 game unbeaten run ain’t exactly the worst, but unless one of Ipswich or Leicester have a major slip up soon, well the highest I can see is finishing now is 3rd, and then we’ll have the playoffs to deal with. Which is even more annoying for how we’d be in a auto spot for most other seasons in the championship

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:29 - Dec 9 with 4268 viewsgrumpy

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:22 - Dec 9 by SFC_Referee

Well that was well annoying! Especially around Bazunu, as him and Bednerak were both outstanding today, and Bazunu did some great saves and long balls, but that mistake at the end had kinda removed most of the praise he’d got from before then.
But even then we just can’t seem to put many games to bed and it’s why we can’t seem to keep up with Leicester and Ipswich. But still unfortunately todays draw was a fair result as we had the chances for the second half, whilst it was the first half that they had there’s.

Although at the same time a 12 game unbeaten run ain’t exactly the worst, but unless one of Ipswich or Leicester have a major slip up soon, well the highest I can see is finishing now is 3rd, and then we’ll have the playoffs to deal with. Which is even more annoying for how we’d be in a auto spot for most other seasons in the championship

Can you explain the last sentence because I don’t understand it?
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:31 - Dec 9 with 4257 viewsSouthamptonfan

Was at the game, on the coach and a draw was just about a fair result. Today was a tough test and we aren't looking like ruthless champions. Holding on for a one nil win was a mistake. We did the same against Rotherham. We arn't killing teams off but part of that is buying Stewart instead of Piroe. It's looking more and more likely we will end up in the play offs.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:32 - Dec 9 with 4255 viewsdarthvader

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 16:27 - Dec 9 by UlsterBaz

Not sure that lead’s deserved but we’ll take it!

Maybe say this after full time u jinxer :-)

keep the faith coyr

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:36 - Dec 9 with 4235 viewsSFC_Referee

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:29 - Dec 9 by grumpy

Can you explain the last sentence because I don’t understand it?

Well for the points tally we’ve got for this far into the season, most other seasons that tally would be enough for one of the two automatic promotion spots in the top 2, or only just off of them, whilst due to how great Leicester and Ipswich have been, we’re currently miles off of getting any of those two spots

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:49 - Dec 9 with 4179 viewsUlsterBaz

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:32 - Dec 9 by darthvader

Maybe say this after full time u jinxer :-)

In fairness I did say lead rather than 3 points.
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:50 - Dec 9 with 4173 views1885_SFC

Play-offs are the best we can hope for. That was the aim before the season started and I've seen nothing that has changed my mind since. It may only be December, but anyone who thinks we will finish in the one remaining automatic spot behind Leicester needs a reality check.

We aren't, and never were, good enough for automatic promotion - not this season.

But we are exactly where we deserve to be right now ; it a play-off place. The trick is staying there.

Old School is Cool

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:52 - Dec 9 with 4166 viewsUlsterBaz

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:19 - Dec 9 by grumpy

We need firepower to bury teams. Leiecester,Ipswich and Leeds have it we do not.Those 3 are my favourites to get promotion. If we had bought a good striker at the start of the season rather than a injury prone one we would have been flying by now.

100% correct.
Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:59 - Dec 9 with 4146 viewsobelisk

Watford Game Matchday.Thread on 17:50 - Dec 9 by 1885_SFC

Play-offs are the best we can hope for. That was the aim before the season started and I've seen nothing that has changed my mind since. It may only be December, but anyone who thinks we will finish in the one remaining automatic spot behind Leicester needs a reality check.

We aren't, and never were, good enough for automatic promotion - not this season.

But we are exactly where we deserve to be right now ; it a play-off place. The trick is staying there.

"Play-offs are the best we can hope for. That was the aim before the season started"

That's not the message I was hearing at the start of the season. I seem to remember that the owners wanted promotion and we're falling well short of that currently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024