Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bournemouth role call 17:44 - Jan 3 with 12127 viewsqpr_1968

just had a look at tickets available...my god, unless there is a sudden surge to buy them, can't see more than 6,000 qpr turning up.
thats with the whole ground open.
mind you, if bournemouth bring 3,000, 9,000 looks a decent crowd......under the circumstances.

got block near enough to meself at the moment.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

bournemouth role call on 23:26 - Jan 3 with 2574 viewsconnell10

I can proudly state I won't be attending.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

bournemouth role call on 06:36 - Jan 4 with 2450 viewsSydneyRs

bournemouth role call on 21:27 - Jan 3 by Hooparoo

Such a shame that the FA cup has lost most of its gloss. As a kid growing up in Australia apart from the World Cup every 4 years, the FA cup final was the only live match we got to see every year. We were always allowed to stay up till midnight and would pick a team and decorate the house with balloons etc and have a party to create some atmosphere. Those were also the days when it was possible for an underdog to make it to the final which made it completely unpredictable.

My late father was a fanatical Man U fan so some of my favourite memories of him are watching him jump around the room after Utd scored particularly the 1979 final. Alas with our league position the way it is I can only see Marti binning it off with a B team.

Even if we still wanted to watch it here, the later kick off time has ruined that too, especially as it can go to ET and pens. Midnight was ok, 2am much less so. Just another great development of modern football.
bournemouth role call on 07:17 - Jan 4 with 2426 viewsDeanoMD

bournemouth role call on 17:50 - Jan 3 by Northernr

The only thing I can think is both teams have to agree to the price, and maybe Bournemouth have been absolute cnts about it.

Otherwise it's scandalous to be charging 20-25 for this. You've got a team that's been losing for two years, you've got a club that's an absolute joke in the FA Cup at the best of times, you've got a support base that is turning up in big numbers and taking this in remarkably good humour despite one home win in a year, you've got 6 home games in 7 weeks, you've got inflation and cost of living, you've just had Christmas...

Who at QPR has sat down there and thought we'll charge 25 quid for a Bournemouth ticket?

Not only that, but zero communication on how they came to that amount. Zero communication on anything at the moment, we haven't heard from anybody at QPR other than Cifuentes since he was appointed and Lee Hoos did a quick video on what a brilliant recruitment process we went through - same recruitment process that lumbered us with a manager entirely unsuited to our team and the division it plays in previously but ok. There used to be regular meetings with fan sites and groups, if they're happening then I haven't been in one for months. Hoos used to be a regular on all the podcasts, now he's basically our CEO, chairman and DOf and we never hear from him.

We don't hear from the owner. We don't hear from anybody, and they don't seem to hear from us because if you think anybody in their right mind is paying 25 quid for that on Saturday you are so woefully out of touch, or completely uncaring, about your customer base that you've no business being here.

Lee Hoo's lives in fantasy land, he comes across appallingly every time i've seen or heard him speak, he should have been removed years ago, how he's ended up covering all 3 roles is just unbelievable, kind of sums up exactly where we are really and the only thing that will save us now is a major takeover and clear-out.

Non-league football is a very real possibility over the coming years for us and maybe that's what we need, start again from the very bottom. At least we'd have the fanciest training ground at that level.......
bournemouth role call on 07:43 - Jan 4 with 2397 viewslondonscottish

I'm away. But if I wasn't I still wouldn't bother. Still recovering from the Cardiff "performance".

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

bournemouth role call on 08:22 - Jan 4 with 2348 viewsPaddyhoops

I’m addicted to standing in the loft end shaking my head at the ineptitude of what I’m watching.
Will be doing so again on Saturday. Definition of madness!
bournemouth role call on 09:24 - Jan 4 with 2267 viewslassel

bournemouth role call on 19:43 - Jan 3 by daveB

if they charged a tenner they'd still only get about 9,000, that's what usually happens anyway

I think £25 is too much but as a club we're skint and as fans we want new signings but go mad whenever they charge us for anything, bit of a no win here

Is ultimately correct.

The club has made no secret that it’s on its arse right now and is offering up sponsorship opportunities in return for a box of expiring caramacs so long as they’re delivered now.

If they made it £5 even, you’re still not going to attract more than maybe a thousands nutters thinking they’ll subject their kid to a qpr game and they know there is a small hardcore who will come no matter the pricing.

Ultimately 9k @ £25 is better than a full house at £10, which we wouldn’t get close to regardless. Of course it’s a cntish way to act towards those who follow the club home and away every game but ultimately we need every penny we can get and those same people would still come at £50 a ticket.

We simply can’t afford to leave c£100k of ‘free’ ebitda on the table right now to do a favour for the hard suffering fans.
bournemouth role call on 09:28 - Jan 4 with 2245 viewsdaveB

bournemouth role call on 23:03 - Jan 3 by Devonwhitewhitewhite

Really, this one should be free, or a pound. How hard would that be? Charge Bournemouth whatever or nothing if we have to and let the long-suffering season ticket holding faithful and their families and friends in for nothing. Or maybe we should just give them a walkover, we just don't want/need to play this game. We simply can't afford any more injuries or bookings and Marti could definitely do with another week trying to show our defence, sans Cook, how to defend corners. So either we play our reserves(!) vs theirs (0-8) or we play a strong team and.....more injuries and bookings. Also its long irritated me that Cup Games aren't included with the Season Ticket given we generally get only two or three a year anyway. Anyway not a chance I'll be there at that price.

We could go mad and try and win a game of football with our best available team. I'd leave out Cook, Clarke-Salter Chair and Willock as they have been struggling possibly Cannon as well but apart from that no reason why the rest shouldn't be playing and trying to win. I mean our strongest team lose every week anyway so I'm not overly sure what we're worried about, not as though we have anyone that good we can't live without if they get booked or injured.
bournemouth role call on 10:24 - Jan 4 with 2150 viewsjoe90

bournemouth role call on 19:43 - Jan 3 by daveB

if they charged a tenner they'd still only get about 9,000, that's what usually happens anyway

I think £25 is too much but as a club we're skint and as fans we want new signings but go mad whenever they charge us for anything, bit of a no win here

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't think the numbers add up...have you ever considered what percentage the cost of your season ticket contributes to the weekly wage of a player?

Fan's not wanting to pay £25 for a FA Cup third round game isn't the reason we're not signing a striker.
Login to get fewer ads

bournemouth role call on 10:26 - Jan 4 with 2140 viewsdaveB

bournemouth role call on 10:24 - Jan 4 by joe90

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't think the numbers add up...have you ever considered what percentage the cost of your season ticket contributes to the weekly wage of a player?

Fan's not wanting to pay £25 for a FA Cup third round game isn't the reason we're not signing a striker.

very little I imagine but 8/9000 people paying 25 quid is going to make more than 8/9000 people paying a tenner because realistically the crowd size wouldn't be much different unless we were bang in form and playing well

I do agree the prices are too high, should have been £15 for season ticket holders and members but can see why they did it
bournemouth role call on 10:36 - Jan 4 with 2121 viewsNorthernr

bournemouth role call on 10:26 - Jan 4 by daveB

very little I imagine but 8/9000 people paying 25 quid is going to make more than 8/9000 people paying a tenner because realistically the crowd size wouldn't be much different unless we were bang in form and playing well

I do agree the prices are too high, should have been £15 for season ticket holders and members but can see why they did it

I think 9,000 might be optimistic looking at the ticket site.
Bournemouth have sold their whole end, I reckon we'll be outnumbered.
bournemouth role call on 11:40 - Jan 4 with 1988 viewsdaveB

bournemouth role call on 10:36 - Jan 4 by Northernr

shame really as is a decent draw against a good side but multiple reasons why people not interested in going. Can't say I blame anyone, I've got a ticket and don't really fancy it
bournemouth role call on 11:56 - Jan 4 with 1950 viewsHayesender

I should be landing in Tunisia around kick off time. Tbf, even if I was at home twiddling my thumbs I'd give it a swerve

Poll: Shamima Beghum

bournemouth role call on 12:06 - Jan 4 with 1937 viewsDeanoMD

bournemouth role call on 09:28 - Jan 4 by daveB

We could go mad and try and win a game of football with our best available team. I'd leave out Cook, Clarke-Salter Chair and Willock as they have been struggling possibly Cannon as well but apart from that no reason why the rest shouldn't be playing and trying to win. I mean our strongest team lose every week anyway so I'm not overly sure what we're worried about, not as though we have anyone that good we can't live without if they get booked or injured.

Us trying to win a game? now there's a thought.....
bournemouth role call on 12:55 - Jan 4 with 1820 viewsWatford_Ranger

bournemouth role call on 10:36 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Seats available centrally in the front row of the upper tier of the Loft yesterday which isn’t a great sign. Gone for the safe standing for a change. At least it’ll be less busy in the smoking area.
bournemouth role call on 12:56 - Jan 4 with 1821 viewslassel

bournemouth role call on 10:24 - Jan 4 by joe90

Whilst you’re correct that then the revenue from the cup game isn’t going to buy a striker, if we are generous and go with 9k total attendees, once Bournemouth get their cut the club will still clear £75-100k extra at £25 then at £10 and that will fund a couple of months of Adomahs lead weight contract.

Ultimately the club have been very clear that under FFP rules we are fcked this year. The owners had to ’create’ further turnover to be able to get rid of Ainsworth and flogged the naming rights to LR stand for next season in exchange for a packet of polo’s paid today.

The situation is clearly pretty dire and as bad as it is to say out loud, an extra £100k from people too hopelessly addicted to the club to vote with their wallets is something that can’t be turned down.
bournemouth role call on 13:56 - Jan 4 with 1726 viewsjoe90

bournemouth role call on 12:56 - Jan 4 by lassel

Whilst you’re correct that then the revenue from the cup game isn’t going to buy a striker, if we are generous and go with 9k total attendees, once Bournemouth get their cut the club will still clear £75-100k extra at £25 then at £10 and that will fund a couple of months of Adomahs lead weight contract.

Ultimately the club have been very clear that under FFP rules we are fcked this year. The owners had to ’create’ further turnover to be able to get rid of Ainsworth and flogged the naming rights to LR stand for next season in exchange for a packet of polo’s paid today.

The situation is clearly pretty dire and as bad as it is to say out loud, an extra £100k from people too hopelessly addicted to the club to vote with their wallets is something that can’t be turned down.

I understand the situation, but reject the inference that somehow fans shouldn't complain because we want to sign players. I also understand that we're not going to turn our nose up to make an extra £75/100k on what is most likely to be our last cup game of the season, FFP etc, yes I do get it.

But what grates (aside from the initial inference) is that the owners could have sponsored the stands/training ground long ago, but they didn't for whatever reason. The club could have teamed up with a marketing agency to help design our training gear instead of *allegedly* leaving it to the kit man. There are numerous things they could do improve the match day experience - such as getting better beer in. There are plenty more examples, but no, they don't do any of those things, instead they choose the most cynical and punitive option.

I'm also not saying that if they'd done the things I'd mention then they wouldn't need to charge £25 a ticket, I'm saying that that price wouldn't feel like such a slap in the face if we could see they were trying to engage us in other areas.
bournemouth role call on 20:35 - Jan 4 with 1521 viewsdavman

Just no.

Need a week off ahead of three on the trot. Not only 'cos of the run we are on , but I don't think I can face a starting eleven worse than Saturday's one.

This lot are angling to get another good man sacked. When will the club realise that it is NOT the manager that is the problem here, it is the club ethos, the players, the recruitment staff and most of all the Academy.

They are rotten to the core and need to go.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

bournemouth role call on 20:45 - Jan 4 with 1501 viewsNorthantsHoop

Think we all know why the QPR v Huddersfield game was chosen for Sky on 28 January because both of them will be leaving the FA Cup on Saturday.
bournemouth role call on 21:02 - Jan 4 with 1484 viewsVancouverHoop

Oddly, given all the 3rd Round matches available, ours has been picked for Cross-Canada viewing. It's been so long since this happened I can't even remember it. Maybe there's an over-committed Bournemouth fan in Toronto working for Sportsnet?
bournemouth role call on 23:30 - Jan 4 with 1331 viewsBoston

I'm on my way. In the cab now heading for Logan. Look forward to seeing er...nobody.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

bournemouth role call on 23:52 - Jan 4 with 1304 viewsstowmarketrange

bournemouth role call on 23:30 - Jan 4 by Boston

I'm on my way. In the cab now heading for Logan. Look forward to seeing er...nobody.

That’s what you call commitment.Or is it lunacy?
bournemouth role call on 00:10 - Jan 5 with 1287 viewsNewBee

@Northernr: "Who at QPR has sat down there and thought we'll charge 25 quid for a Bournemouth ticket?"

For information, Bees are charging £20 for tomorrow night's game vs Wolves, with our sponsors, GTech, making it free for kids attending with an adult. And still there are a few people muttering and complaining.

@NorthLondonR: "We were charging Cardiff fans £37 for Monday's game!!!"

Jeez, that's outrageous. I know the PL is awash with cash etc, but even they cap the price of away tickets at £30 (also with concessions)
bournemouth role call on 00:23 - Jan 5 with 1281 viewsPunteR

bournemouth role call on 00:10 - Jan 5 by NewBee

@Northernr: "Who at QPR has sat down there and thought we'll charge 25 quid for a Bournemouth ticket?"

For information, Bees are charging £20 for tomorrow night's game vs Wolves, with our sponsors, GTech, making it free for kids attending with an adult. And still there are a few people muttering and complaining.

Jeez, that's outrageous. I know the PL is awash with cash etc, but even they cap the price of away tickets at £30 (also with concessions)

Thanks for that useless piece of information there Bee.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

bournemouth role call on 00:33 - Jan 5 with 1267 viewsNewBee

bournemouth role call on 00:23 - Jan 5 by PunteR

Thanks for that useless piece of information there Bee.

You're welcome.

No charge.
bournemouth role call on 00:35 - Jan 5 with 1268 viewsnumptydumpty

bournemouth role call on 00:10 - Jan 5 by NewBee

Yep £30 premier league away maximum cost.

Said to my fellow poor sod rangers fan, would not mind seeing some of these top new stadiums, so we going to Spurs, cheaper than QPR.

Maybe it's that time when I say cheerio to Loftus toads...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024