Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carvalho to Hull loan 22:48 - Jan 8 with 1072 views1teeminants

Done deal. I can only assume we weren’t really in for him he would have been a great addition to our squad . Why would you choose Hull over Saints.?

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Carvalho to Hull loan on 22:55 - Jan 8 with 1049 views1teeminants

Sounds like Hull could guarantee him more game time.

https://www.leedsallover.com/david-brooks-update-emerges-as-leeds-united-and-sou

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Carvalho to Hull loan on 22:57 - Jan 8 with 1047 viewsSaintNick

Carvalho to Hull loan on 22:55 - Jan 8 by 1teeminants

Sounds like Hull could guarantee him more game time.

https://www.leedsallover.com/david-brooks-update-emerges-as-leeds-united-and-sou

That is a problem we are going to have, when you get a young player on loan the ceding club want him to have a lot of game time, they look at our squad and cant see where he will get in

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Carvalho to Hull loan on 23:05 - Jan 8 with 1036 viewsPatfromPoole

Hull could be quite the threat in the second-half of the season; think they signed Billy Sharp as well.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Carvalho to Hull loan on 23:09 - Jan 8 with 1025 viewsSaintNick

Carvalho to Hull loan on 23:05 - Jan 8 by PatfromPoole

Hull could be quite the threat in the second-half of the season; think they signed Billy Sharp as well.

I love Billy Sharp played a big part in Sheffield United's promotion last season, 38 games, 14 of those starts, the other 24 coming off the bench at the end of a game to close it out, he only got two goals but he did a job.

If only we had someone like that at St Mary's, Hull have stolen a march on us here

Carvalho to Hull loan on 23:51 - Jan 8 with 980 viewsLondonSaint76

Carvalho to Hull loan on 23:05 - Jan 8 by PatfromPoole

Hull could easily 'do a Reading' from the season we last went back up to the PL when it looked like us and West Ham had it all sewn up then they went on an amazing run of results second half of the season and shoehorned their way right into the promotion mix.
[Post edited 8 Jan 23:52]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Carvalho to Hull loan on 07:18 - Jan 9 with 881 viewssaint22

Carvalho to Hull loan on 22:57 - Jan 8 by SaintNick

That is a problem we are going to have, when you get a young player on loan the ceding club want him to have a lot of game time, they look at our squad and cant see where he will get in

Exactly this
Players will look at Alcaraz and Fraser and think well they dont always start.....
Carvalho to Hull loan on 08:29 - Jan 9 with 849 viewsPatfromPoole

Carvalho to Hull loan on 23:09 - Jan 8 by SaintNick

I love Billy Sharp played a big part in Sheffield United's promotion last season, 38 games, 14 of those starts, the other 24 coming off the bench at the end of a game to close it out, he only got two goals but he did a job.

If only we had someone like that at St Mary's, Hull have stolen a march on us here

A natural goalscorer, unlike Small Jobs, as shown in the first-half on Saturday……

Carvalho to Hull loan on 08:45 - Jan 9 with 836 viewsA1079

Hull have a small squad and Carvalho will get alot of play time with them so not that surprised that that seemed a better option for him and his parent club. I do though think Hull have done well with their limited squad and they could be the dark horses to upset the current top 6.

If we are not losing anyone in this window then I don't think we need much to add to our squad except I would say that despite a better scoring ratio recently we still do need another attacker. Away from home we have lost some valuable points by failing to convert possession and chances into goals - Norwich being the most recent.

All the noise though from the club seems to suggest that we won't be doing much or anything in this window due to FFP so unless someone like Adams moves on then I am not expecting anything really. What would be bad news is if he left on the final day of the window and we don't have a replacement (not that Adams conversion rate is good - it is not). The concern is that others will build their squads and at some point our unbeaten run will end and we could lose momentum at a key time - injuries and suspensions will also be key.
Login to get fewer ads

Carvalho to Hull loan on 09:24 - Jan 9 with 793 viewsgrumpy

If we don't get a good Striker in during the window we will not get promoted.
Carvalho to Hull loan on 09:28 - Jan 9 with 788 viewsSaintNick

Carvalho to Hull loan on 08:29 - Jan 9 by PatfromPoole

A natural goalscorer, unlike Small Jobs, as shown in the first-half on Saturday……

I hold my hands up you are right I have never seen a striker miss a chance in a Saints shirt before ever, Sekou Mara is the only player in our history to so so, I have written a stern letter to Russell Martin demanding that we pay someone to take him from us, because lets face it no one will buy him and that we return to the strategy that served us so well over the past years of bringing on young kids off the bench to get them on the radar of Cheltenham, Carlisle etc.

Carvalho to Hull loan on 10:16 - Jan 9 with 765 viewsPatfromPoole

Carvalho to Hull loan on 09:28 - Jan 9 by SaintNick

I hold my hands up you are right I have never seen a striker miss a chance in a Saints shirt before ever, Sekou Mara is the only player in our history to so so, I have written a stern letter to Russell Martin demanding that we pay someone to take him from us, because lets face it no one will buy him and that we return to the strategy that served us so well over the past years of bringing on young kids off the bench to get them on the radar of Cheltenham, Carlisle etc.

There would surely be no need for such a missive to be sent, given that Euro giants Lille are desperate for his signature, yes?

Anyone would think Small Jobs had an excitable agent who is rather more active than his client is on the pitch…..

Carvalho to Hull loan on 11:13 - Jan 9 with 709 viewskingslandstand1

Carvalho to Hull loan on 23:51 - Jan 8 by LondonSaint76

Hull could easily 'do a Reading' from the season we last went back up to the PL when it looked like us and West Ham had it all sewn up then they went on an amazing run of results second half of the season and shoehorned their way right into the promotion mix.
[Post edited 8 Jan 23:52]

Exactly. There is normally one club that comes up on the blind side in the 2nd half of the season and it could be Hull with Carvallio (sp?) and Billy Sharp. They are also on a roll performance wise at the moment
Carvalho to Hull loan on 11:35 - Jan 9 with 698 viewsPatfromPoole

Jaden Philogene is excellent as well.

I read recently in The Athletic that we tried to sign him from Villa at the start of the season, shame we didn’t get him.

Though I guess if we had, we wouldn’t have ended up with Fraser…..

Hull are definitely dark horses to go up in the play-offs.

We were arguably lucky to beat them earlier this season, but it was in no small part due to Small Jobs tracking back Hull’s left winger in the last few minutes and making a highly noteworthy challenge.
[Post edited 9 Jan 11:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024