Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday Game Headed For Sell Out 23:34 - Jan 8 with 2485 viewsSaintNick

Now down to the last 750 or so tickets left as of Monday evening, so should be heading for a sell out by the end of the week

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 09:13 - Jan 9 with 2368 viewsPatfromPoole

30,500 at most

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 09:20 - Jan 9 with 2354 viewsSaintNick

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 09:13 - Jan 9 by PatfromPoole

30,500 at most

Bizarrely there are now just over a thousand available, several blocks that last night showed no or little availability are now showing with that they have loads in.

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 10:35 - Jan 9 with 2295 viewsPatfromPoole

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 09:20 - Jan 9 by SaintNick

Bizarrely there are now just over a thousand available, several blocks that last night showed no or little availability are now showing with that they have loads in.

Danny Ings' extended family presumably have returned all their tickets......

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 10:42 - Jan 9 with 2290 views1ASIN12

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 09:20 - Jan 9 by SaintNick

This happens all the time , which is why you can only use the ticket site as a rough guide.

The same happens got some extent on away games to , though obviously on a much smaller scale.

Still another 30000 attendance is excellent, I just wish the local media would acknowledge it like they do for Portsmouth.
Sheffield Wednesday Game Headed For Sell Out on 11:12 - Jan 9 with 2237 viewssaintmark1976

I wonder if the Club’s ticketing system was designed and supplied to them by the same company that the Post Office used ?
Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 11:53 - Jan 9 with 2201 viewsSaintNick

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 10:42 - Jan 9 by 1ASIN12

This happens all the time , which is why you can only use the ticket site as a rough guide.

The same happens got some extent on away games to , though obviously on a much smaller scale.

Still another 30000 attendance is excellent, I just wish the local media would acknowledge it like they do for Portsmouth.

Not pointing fingers at anyone on here, but Pompey turned themselves into this mythical club as they spend all their time telling the world they are a big club with the best fans in the world and eventually people cant tell fact from fiction .

If they were about to sell out a game they would be all over the internet telling everyone how big they are and how if they had a 50,000 capacity stadium they would fill it.

We just point out that the ticket system is shot, have a moan at the club because it is and blame Ryan Manning & Sekou Mara as a quick afterthought

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 12:27 - Jan 9 with 2163 viewsPatfromPoole

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 11:53 - Jan 9 by SaintNick

Not pointing fingers at anyone on here, but Pompey turned themselves into this mythical club as they spend all their time telling the world they are a big club with the best fans in the world and eventually people cant tell fact from fiction .

If they were about to sell out a game they would be all over the internet telling everyone how big they are and how if they had a 50,000 capacity stadium they would fill it.

We just point out that the ticket system is shot, have a moan at the club because it is and blame Ryan Manning & Sekou Mara as a quick afterthought

Maybe Small Jobs has been delivering my post, and giving my away match tickets to the wrong house.....

As for Manning, he himself admitted in the Echo last week that he hasn't been good enough and deserved to be dropped. Credit to him for that, he has gone up in my estimation.

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 12:34 - Jan 9 with 2159 viewsMytchettSaint

Not that I pay much attention to the blue few but does anybody know what their attendances have been this season given they are running away with league one? I’m guessing they’re filling out the old girl?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 12:45 - Jan 9 with 2131 viewsSaintNick

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 12:34 - Jan 9 by MytchettSaint

Not that I pay much attention to the blue few but does anybody know what their attendances have been this season given they are running away with league one? I’m guessing they’re filling out the old girl?

The ground seems to hold about 19,500 these days and the highest attendance seems to be about 19.400 so I would guess that would be a sell out.

There attendances have risen steadily from 17,000 earlier in the season up to 18- 18,500, but they have only exceeded 19k twice

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 13:17 - Jan 9 with 2099 viewsTimSaint

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 10:42 - Jan 9 by 1ASIN12

When have the media acknowledged a 30,000 attendance for Portsmouth ?
Their stadium only holds 20k tops and hasn't held 30k for about 5 decades.
They probably had over 30k when we beat them 1-0 in the FA Cup back in '84, but I seem to remember looking at their season averages some time back and they only topped 30k about 70 years ago.

TimSaint

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 13:20 - Jan 9 with 2093 viewsfranniesTache

I'm glad we underplay ourselves, one of the things i like about sotonians is we don't feel the need to tell everyone how amazing we are, and we keep our feet on the ground.

Leave the myths and story telling to the blue few, i'm sure it makes them feel special and MASSSIVE, even if facts don't back it up.

The sotonian way is just to get on with it and not make a fuss.
Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 13:57 - Jan 9 with 2067 viewsSaintNick

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 13:20 - Jan 9 by franniesTache

I'm glad we underplay ourselves, one of the things i like about sotonians is we don't feel the need to tell everyone how amazing we are, and we keep our feet on the ground.

Leave the myths and story telling to the blue few, i'm sure it makes them feel special and MASSSIVE, even if facts don't back it up.

The sotonian way is just to get on with it and not make a fuss.

I do agree with you and I;m happy to be like that, but I think that sometimes we slag ourselves off to much

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 14:00 - Jan 9 with 2063 viewsA1079

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 12:27 - Jan 9 by PatfromPoole

Maybe Small Jobs has been delivering my post, and giving my away match tickets to the wrong house.....

As for Manning, he himself admitted in the Echo last week that he hasn't been good enough and deserved to be dropped. Credit to him for that, he has gone up in my estimation.

I spotted that from Manning as well Pat. Credit to him for being so candid.
Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 15:25 - Jan 9 with 2006 viewsfranniesTache

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 13:57 - Jan 9 by SaintNick

I do agree with you and I;m happy to be like that, but I think that sometimes we slag ourselves off to much

Just the nature of the city though init, not sure if it's the same for nippers now but i always found growing up you'd be as likely to get a slap for showing off as you would for being a dick.

No idea it's why it's this way but there was always a massive dislike for people who thought they were something special, which obviously then bleeds over the to the football team too.
Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 16:51 - Jan 9 with 1954 views1ASIN12

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 13:17 - Jan 9 by TimSaint

They probably had over 30k when we beat them 1-0 in the FA Cup back in '84, but I seem to remember looking at their season averages some time back and they only topped 30k about 70 years ago.

What I meant was that Portsmouth get praised for their support all the time , yet we don’t.

Nick was correct they have been masters of making out their support is the best and all the local and to some extent the national media state it.

Every time they sign a player their local rag will ask a question about how great the Pompey fans are and lo and behold the said player says they are great .

Still we devise another 30,000 attendance is great.
Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 17:39 - Jan 9 with 1913 viewsSalisburySaint

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 16:51 - Jan 9 by 1ASIN12

What I meant was that Portsmouth get praised for their support all the time , yet we don’t.

Nick was correct they have been masters of making out their support is the best and all the local and to some extent the national media state it.

Every time they sign a player their local rag will ask a question about how great the Pompey fans are and lo and behold the said player says they are great .

Still we devise another 30,000 attendance is great.

Sheffield weds now down to just under 800 left

Also looks like we are heading for another two sell outs for away games , just 28 left for Rotherham and around 1,600 of the 3,000 available for Bristol City already sold on first day.
Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 20:24 - Jan 9 with 1830 viewsSaintNick

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 13:17 - Jan 9 by TimSaint

The ground held 36,000 when we went there in the cup in 1984 and it was sold out in both the home and away sections.

By 1987 when they got promoted to the top flight, the back part of the Fratton End had been closed and the capacity was down to 28,000 which they only reached when Man Utd and Liverpool played there and even then you could still get tickets on the day.

Their average that season was 17,000, which was only a little short of the number who attended our game there in one of their first home games of the year, mind you we restricted it to season ticket holders only so only took about 3,000

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 14:39 - Jan 10 with 1639 viewsSaintNick

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 20:24 - Jan 9 by SaintNick

The ground held 36,000 when we went there in the cup in 1984 and it was sold out in both the home and away sections.

By 1987 when they got promoted to the top flight, the back part of the Fratton End had been closed and the capacity was down to 28,000 which they only reached when Man Utd and Liverpool played there and even then you could still get tickets on the day.

Their average that season was 17,000, which was only a little short of the number who attended our game there in one of their first home games of the year, mind you we restricted it to season ticket holders only so only took about 3,000

Down to about 480 left although how accurate this is is anyone's guess

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 15:14 - Jan 10 with 1617 viewsdirk_doone

The last time they had an average home gate of 30,000 at Fratton Park was over 70 years ago, when their capacity was over 50,000. Until their capacity was reduced to well below 30,000, they never had an average attendance of more than 3/4 of their capacity. Their ground was often half-empty even when they were reigning back-to back champions.

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/porm.htm
[Post edited 10 Jan 15:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 20:22 - Jan 10 with 1513 viewsSaintNick

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 15:14 - Jan 10 by dirk_doone

The last time they had an average home gate of 30,000 at Fratton Park was over 70 years ago, when their capacity was over 50,000. Until their capacity was reduced to well below 30,000, they never had an average attendance of more than 3/4 of their capacity. Their ground was often half-empty even when they were reigning back-to back champions.

Another 100 sold this afternoon so about 350 left

Sheffield Wednesday Game Headed For Sell Out on 07:00 - Jan 11 with 1376 viewscocklebreath

It’ll sell out but when you watch highlights on the telly they’ll be loads of empty seats everywhere, same every game, only seems to be saints this happens to, other games I watch a full house means a full house, it’s very odd.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 12:21 - Jan 11 with 1277 viewsdirk_doone

Sheffield Wednesday Name Headed For Sell Out on 15:14 - Jan 10 by dirk_doone

What's even worse is that in the last 55 years i.e the period during which most football fans alive today started going, Pompey have only managed to achieve an average home gate of 20,000 twice, in spite of the fact they had a capacity of more than 30,000 for many of those years. Even Reading have done better than that.
[Post edited 11 Jan 12:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024