Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed 21:58 - Feb 12 with 2733 viewsGRIM

Not sure if it's a coincidence or evidence that KWP wants away.
His form was very poor at start of this season after the summer transfer window closed, I think he was expecting & hoping to move to a Premier Club.
Same has happened again he has looked very disinterested & out of form since the recent Transfer Window closed, he needs to get his head straight & be grateful he's playing in a team that's winning & playing with lots of confidence.
He can be playing Premier Lge with us next season if he & the rest of the lads keep getting results.
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 09:09 - Feb 13 with 2177 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, unlike Rothwell, he was in the EFL Team of the Week…..🤷‍♀️

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 09:23 - Feb 13 with 2149 viewsNumber_58

Surely all players are prone to a dip in form now and again, that doesn't mean they all want to leave does it? As far as I can see from my seat in the stand KWP always gives his best, but sometimes things don't come off. He seemed to be terribly exposed on Saturday in the first half, but in the second half he was back to his best with a couple of fantastic dribbles which mesmerised the defenders, and then there was the inch perfect pass to Brooks in the lead up to Mara's goal.
Besides, if he had wanted to leave in January, I'm pretty sure there would have been plenty of clubs only too pleased to take him. He'll be fine.
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 09:59 - Feb 13 with 2123 viewsGRIM

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 09:23 - Feb 13 by Number_58

Surely all players are prone to a dip in form now and again, that doesn't mean they all want to leave does it? As far as I can see from my seat in the stand KWP always gives his best, but sometimes things don't come off. He seemed to be terribly exposed on Saturday in the first half, but in the second half he was back to his best with a couple of fantastic dribbles which mesmerised the defenders, and then there was the inch perfect pass to Brooks in the lead up to Mara's goal.
Besides, if he had wanted to leave in January, I'm pretty sure there would have been plenty of clubs only too pleased to take him. He'll be fine.

It must just be a coincidence that KWP's form dips after each transfer window.
Not sure too many clubs would have come in for him with the price we put on his head.
As good as he may be going forward he ain't very good at defending.
But he will bounce back, he has to because he's the best right back we have got.
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 10:11 - Feb 13 with 2099 viewsSaintcole7

After the final whistle on Saturday he could of not looked happier when RM greeted him, I thought that said a lot about him enjoying his football and winning, the same can be said about the whole team, they are all playing for each other and RM and are enjoying it, that's how I saw it?
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 12:48 - Feb 13 with 1937 viewsSouthamptonfan

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 10:11 - Feb 13 by Saintcole7

After the final whistle on Saturday he could of not looked happier when RM greeted him, I thought that said a lot about him enjoying his football and winning, the same can be said about the whole team, they are all playing for each other and RM and are enjoying it, that's how I saw it?

I agree with you. I thought he played well in the second half against Huddersfield. He looked happy with RM at the end. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but I'm sure he will enjoy our promotion campaign anyway.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 13:24 - Feb 13 with 1891 viewsTimSaint

His 'poor form' is evidence that he wants away ?
Not quite sure what your agenda is here, but I really think you need to quantify what you are stating.

Poor Start To Season After The Window Shut ?
Everyone had a mare after the summer transfer window shut - culminating in a poor run of form for the whole team, which produced 4 defeats in a row. The fact you have singled out KWP for showing poor form, when there were a whole host of others that were far worse than him seems bizarre.

January Window
Fast forward to the games since the window closed and KWP has played in 2 games.
The first was away to Rotherham, where he played well enough, but didn't get as forward as often as he would like, but that was probably down to him having 2 men on him every time he ventured into the opposition's half. We didn't really need his attacking prowess in that game and we kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 victory.
His second game was against Huddersfield. He and the whole team underperformed in the 1st half, as we all know, but they all turned it around in the 2nd half. KWP played a superb ball to Brooks, for him to cut it back to Mara to score the winner. He was also instrumental in many of our moves, including the build up for the 5th goal. He obviously did something right, as he was named in the team of the week.

So since the window closed, he has played 2 games and underperformed in the first half of 1 game, but then went on to do well in the 2nd half and make the team of the week. Such compelling evidence against him !! Is he not allowed to have the odd bad half ?

He is a quality player and we are lucky to have him. Yes his attacking play is often better than his defending, but the fact that Prem sides are interested in him, shows he is doing something right. In January he even went as far as to say that he liked it here, was enjoying the football and was not looking to move (yes we all know they all say that sort of stuff to appease !!).

The high price tag was to ward off Chelsea, who had started to show an interest.

If you think he is disinterested, I urge you to check out his reactions during the Huddersfield game. Firstly check out his reaction to the first goal - in total disbelief and in awe of that strike, even though he has scored a few worldies himself. Secondly check out his celebrations for the 4th and 5th goals. Lastly check him out after the game with the manager and other players. He is clearly loving his time here and the football we are playing.

If he was a constant grumpy b@astard like Mane was when he was here, you may have had a point, but he clearly isn't.

TimSaint

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 15:16 - Feb 13 with 1804 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I reckon KWP has been our best player consistently this season
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 15:22 - Feb 13 with 1797 viewssaint901

KWP is not the only player to see form fall away at transfer window times. Happens to all teams and players.

He is (in my opinion) perhaps the only PL quality player we have. He shines for us against the opposition we have because he is better than 95% of them.

I would be frustrated if I were him at not being in the PL and testing himself every week.

As for the argument that he should stay and play in the PL with us next season?

First, we're not there yet. A third of the season to go. Leicester showing no signs of a dip in form. Leeds coming back to form. Could still go either way.

Second, if we did get promoted we would be a weaker team in the PL and wins would be few and far between. So play harder, risk injury and still get beaten? When he could play for a top half, perhaps even top six PL team?

Third, I've seen him make good runs and be ignored. I've sen him play the ball into areas he could expect a team mate to be in - and they're not. Again., I'd be frustrated.
Login to get fewer ads

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 15:56 - Feb 13 with 1760 viewscocklebreath

This thread is grim, needs closing

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 17:00 - Feb 13 with 1714 viewsA1079

I have to admit, I am a bit surprised by this thread though I accept we all have different opinions and different takes on various players and we all see different things. But, as far as KWP goes, I have never had any impression from him other than he has always shown commitment to the team, the club and the fans. He came to us on loan, knuckled down, got a contract and has generally given his all even during the miserable times of last season. I am surprised he is still with us but really glad he is. I don't think he has ever pressed for a move or acted in a way that would suggest he thinks he is beyond playing for Saints.

I am not suggesting he is perfect - he isn't. Sometimes he gets his positioning wrong and sometimes he does not track back when he needs to and there is the odd game where he is not so strong (I didn't think he was great at Rotherham but he played much deeper which may have been what he was instructed to do and he wasn't bad, just not up to his normal standard). But, 9 times out of 10 he is a real asset to the team and has PL quality and I am glad he is with us and when he does move on (as I am sure he will) he will go with good memories of what he has done (accepting he is paid well to do it).
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 18:11 - Feb 13 with 1666 viewsericofarabia

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 17:00 - Feb 13 by A1079

I have to admit, I am a bit surprised by this thread though I accept we all have different opinions and different takes on various players and we all see different things. But, as far as KWP goes, I have never had any impression from him other than he has always shown commitment to the team, the club and the fans. He came to us on loan, knuckled down, got a contract and has generally given his all even during the miserable times of last season. I am surprised he is still with us but really glad he is. I don't think he has ever pressed for a move or acted in a way that would suggest he thinks he is beyond playing for Saints.

I am not suggesting he is perfect - he isn't. Sometimes he gets his positioning wrong and sometimes he does not track back when he needs to and there is the odd game where he is not so strong (I didn't think he was great at Rotherham but he played much deeper which may have been what he was instructed to do and he wasn't bad, just not up to his normal standard). But, 9 times out of 10 he is a real asset to the team and has PL quality and I am glad he is with us and when he does move on (as I am sure he will) he will go with good memories of what he has done (accepting he is paid well to do it).

Totally agree.
He is always one of the 1st to join in goal celebrations and always a huge grin on his face at the end of the game if we've got a good result.
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 18:54 - Feb 13 with 1638 viewsGRIM

This thread has done exactly what I hoped it would do, it's stimulated opinions & got a reaction.
I don't disagree with any of the comments apart from my original opinion is that far too many goals against originate from KWP's area.
I like the rest of you think he's talented & a threat going forward, but his first job is to defend & I personally don'tt think he is very good at that.
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:09 - Feb 13 with 1554 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well he certainly wasn’t the best against Huddersfield but he’s been abysmal tonight, along with a fair few others. Although I don’t think it’s too connected with the transfer window

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:12 - Feb 13 with 1542 viewsSFC_Referee

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 15:56 - Feb 13 by cocklebreath

This thread is grim, needs closing

Why’s that though? As I also agree that it’s got minimal to do with the transfer market and he’s not doing a van dik, but at the same time he hasn’t been the best recently, and whilst many will always love pointing fingers at certain players like Adams, Manning, Bazunu etc… many always seem to give him a get out of jail free card

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:22 - Feb 13 with 1511 viewsHeisenberg

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:12 - Feb 13 by SFC_Referee

Why’s that though? As I also agree that it’s got minimal to do with the transfer market and he’s not doing a van dik, but at the same time he hasn’t been the best recently, and whilst many will always love pointing fingers at certain players like Adams, Manning, Bazunu etc… many always seem to give him a get out of jail free card

Stick to refereeing pal. KWP is the best player we have and could have easily left when we went down. Credit to him for staying and for many the player of the season so far.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 1490 viewsSFC_Referee

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:22 - Feb 13 by Heisenberg

Stick to refereeing pal. KWP is the best player we have and could have easily left when we went down. Credit to him for staying and for many the player of the season so far.

And why’s that? Because I criticise some of our better players as well as the poorer ones, when they’ve not been the best? As nobody can say that he has been as good as we all know he can be, over the last few games. As yeah for most of the season he has been great, but as a fan favourite he does also seem to get a “get out of jail free card” quite often, whilst others can be criticised for having a half decent game.
As I’m not saying he should be benched, is the worst we’ve got, should of been sold etc…, but rather he’s not been the best recently, which has shown

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:57 - Feb 13 with 1446 viewsA1079

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:31 - Feb 13 by SFC_Referee

And why’s that? Because I criticise some of our better players as well as the poorer ones, when they’ve not been the best? As nobody can say that he has been as good as we all know he can be, over the last few games. As yeah for most of the season he has been great, but as a fan favourite he does also seem to get a “get out of jail free card” quite often, whilst others can be criticised for having a half decent game.
As I’m not saying he should be benched, is the worst we’ve got, should of been sold etc…, but rather he’s not been the best recently, which has shown

Well, having written a response largely in support of KWP he has a poor game tonight - but then again, so did just about all of the players. These next games will test what type of players and team we have.
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 12:59 - Feb 14 with 1307 viewsIanSouthstander

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 22:09 - Feb 13 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well he certainly wasn’t the best against Huddersfield but he’s been abysmal tonight, along with a fair few others. Although I don’t think it’s too connected with the transfer window

Abysmal . You are joking right ?.

It was a very disappointing performance/result , with a number of the players underperforming. I would not include KWP in that group.

Don't take my word for it . KWP was overwhelmingly voted our player of the match on our coach.

I can understand your frustration, but lets have a bit of perspective please.
KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 20:33 - Feb 14 with 1257 viewsSFC_Referee

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 12:59 - Feb 14 by IanSouthstander

Abysmal . You are joking right ?.

It was a very disappointing performance/result , with a number of the players underperforming. I would not include KWP in that group.

Don't take my word for it . KWP was overwhelmingly voted our player of the match on our coach.

I can understand your frustration, but lets have a bit of perspective please.

Sorry but he was never our best player yesterday, as he was very poor, but the fact he’s been voted our best player doesn’t exactly surprise me, as like I said before, him and a few other fan favourites always seem to have a get outta jail free card whenever they/the team play poor, whilst other players are hammered week in week out for average/half decent displays.
As all of Bednerak, HB and Bazunu were better than him last night, yet out of that list it’s probably only HB that’s not thrown under the bus regularly. As like I said before, he’s been quite poor recently, and last night certainly wasn’t an exception

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 23:02 - Feb 14 with 1187 viewsTimSaint

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 20:33 - Feb 14 by SFC_Referee

Sorry but he was never our best player yesterday, as he was very poor, but the fact he’s been voted our best player doesn’t exactly surprise me, as like I said before, him and a few other fan favourites always seem to have a get outta jail free card whenever they/the team play poor, whilst other players are hammered week in week out for average/half decent displays.
As all of Bednerak, HB and Bazunu were better than him last night, yet out of that list it’s probably only HB that’s not thrown under the bus regularly. As like I said before, he’s been quite poor recently, and last night certainly wasn’t an exception

"As all of Bednerak, HB and Bazunu were better than him last night"

Perhaps rewatch City's 2nd goal and see how all 3 of your 'better players' contrived to concede it !!

Defensively (KWP included) we were terrible all night, not only in defending all 3 goals, but with our passing around the box and the team's passing in general. How many times were we hit on the break, due to a slow defence, lack of midfield cover, or players being caught out of position ?

He is not my favourite by any means, but at least KWP managed something that only 2 other Saints players achieved last night - a shot on target !! Oh and he drew the foul for the penalty.

Defensive drills and shooting practice urgently required by the whole squad !!

TimSaint

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 00:27 - Feb 15 with 1152 viewsSFC_Referee

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 23:02 - Feb 14 by TimSaint

"As all of Bednerak, HB and Bazunu were better than him last night"

Perhaps rewatch City's 2nd goal and see how all 3 of your 'better players' contrived to concede it !!

Defensively (KWP included) we were terrible all night, not only in defending all 3 goals, but with our passing around the box and the team's passing in general. How many times were we hit on the break, due to a slow defence, lack of midfield cover, or players being caught out of position ?

He is not my favourite by any means, but at least KWP managed something that only 2 other Saints players achieved last night - a shot on target !! Oh and he drew the foul for the penalty.

Defensive drills and shooting practice urgently required by the whole squad !!

And how was Bazunu or HB at fault for any of the goals last night? As you can see on the replays it was KWP that was meant to be on the lad coming in for their first goal and was mainly at fault for that one, 2nd was yeah down to Bednerak, as well as Smallbone and manning, as the marking was poor for that area, and the 3rd goal he again played a major part in with it being his man yet again who got away from him and scored. And that’s leaving out the many times he gave away the ball last night, to which I’d probably say Edozie and Charles were the only ones to do more times than him, with about the only decent thing he did was getting the pen, which was meaningless for the game itself.
So perhaps you may wanna watch their 1st and 3rd goals as he certainly wasn’t any good for those two. And with him being a defender, the defending aspect to his game should be the most important, although yeah it wasn’t just him, as many were at fault for their goals and quite poor last night, but both HB and Bazunu certainly had better games than him without doubt.
[Post edited 15 Feb 0:27]

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 01:34 - Feb 15 with 1128 viewsTimSaint

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 00:27 - Feb 15 by SFC_Referee

And how was Bazunu or HB at fault for any of the goals last night? As you can see on the replays it was KWP that was meant to be on the lad coming in for their first goal and was mainly at fault for that one, 2nd was yeah down to Bednerak, as well as Smallbone and manning, as the marking was poor for that area, and the 3rd goal he again played a major part in with it being his man yet again who got away from him and scored. And that’s leaving out the many times he gave away the ball last night, to which I’d probably say Edozie and Charles were the only ones to do more times than him, with about the only decent thing he did was getting the pen, which was meaningless for the game itself.
So perhaps you may wanna watch their 1st and 3rd goals as he certainly wasn’t any good for those two. And with him being a defender, the defending aspect to his game should be the most important, although yeah it wasn’t just him, as many were at fault for their goals and quite poor last night, but both HB and Bazunu certainly had better games than him without doubt.
[Post edited 15 Feb 0:27]

You miss the point. I said the whole defence was terrible including KWP, so I wasn't defending him in any way. We conceded 3 FFS.

The point I was making was that the 3 players that you said were the better performers, were all at fault for the 2nd goal. It was a corner. Bed didn't win the header, Baz didn't control the 6 yard box, started to go for it then changed his mind, so ended up flapping and THB should have cleared it off the line.

1st goal was Manning getting done, Smallbone setting their winger up, Bed and Baz failing to cut out the cross. No way should it get as far as KWP, but he should also have done better.

3rd goal was a joke. Manning got done, then he and Bed got a bit confused with each other and let the winger run into space and pick his man out. 5 Saints outfield players in the box, all guilty of jogging back and not man marking. The cross should have been cut out by Manning or Smallbone, KWP should have got goal side and Baz was busy playing statues.

If we cut out the crosses from source, we prevent the goals. Simples.

With the battle at the top being so tight, goal difference could well come into it, so that penalty could be crucial - even it It had no bearing on the result. A Arm would have been pleased to score it as well, as he battle for the top scorer accolade.

Defensive drills and shooting practice for Friday please.

TimSaint

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 12:54 - Feb 15 with 1014 viewsSFC_Referee

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 01:34 - Feb 15 by TimSaint

You miss the point. I said the whole defence was terrible including KWP, so I wasn't defending him in any way. We conceded 3 FFS.

The point I was making was that the 3 players that you said were the better performers, were all at fault for the 2nd goal. It was a corner. Bed didn't win the header, Baz didn't control the 6 yard box, started to go for it then changed his mind, so ended up flapping and THB should have cleared it off the line.

1st goal was Manning getting done, Smallbone setting their winger up, Bed and Baz failing to cut out the cross. No way should it get as far as KWP, but he should also have done better.

3rd goal was a joke. Manning got done, then he and Bed got a bit confused with each other and let the winger run into space and pick his man out. 5 Saints outfield players in the box, all guilty of jogging back and not man marking. The cross should have been cut out by Manning or Smallbone, KWP should have got goal side and Baz was busy playing statues.

If we cut out the crosses from source, we prevent the goals. Simples.

With the battle at the top being so tight, goal difference could well come into it, so that penalty could be crucial - even it It had no bearing on the result. A Arm would have been pleased to score it as well, as he battle for the top scorer accolade.

Defensive drills and shooting practice for Friday please.

Yes but my point was mainly as to how he many seem to always overlook him when he’s played poor, yet will chuck certain players straight under the buss even when they weren’t that bad. And this is shown by this comment you’ve just sent, as yeah most of the players out there were poor, but about the only player that wasn’t as poor as KWP was probably Manning, yet you and many others are acting like he was the best outta the 5 we had at the back.

And if we’re looking at the goals, well their second one Bazunu/HB were certainly at fault miles less than KWP was for the first or third goals. As both of those goals it was KWP man who got away from him and had a clear shot on goal to which Bazunu has no chance of saving, and HB is marking his man and doing his job in all 3 goals, where you’d only expect the world class defenders to manage to cope with, and even then I don’t even think you’d expect the likes of Koeman to do much about any of those goals when in HB’s position.
As yeah if we cut out the crosses we don’t concede for the 1st and 3rd goal, but that’s just the same as if KWP stays on his man then we don’t concede either.

As like I’ve said before, I don’t think that many players performed well whatsoever on Tuesday, but that was easily KWP’s worst game in quite some time, and he certainly was one of the main culprits for that poor performance, which is why I can’t get how some are chucking others under the buss more than he’s been

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 16:20 - Feb 15 with 974 viewsTimSaint

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 12:54 - Feb 15 by SFC_Referee

Yes but my point was mainly as to how he many seem to always overlook him when he’s played poor, yet will chuck certain players straight under the buss even when they weren’t that bad. And this is shown by this comment you’ve just sent, as yeah most of the players out there were poor, but about the only player that wasn’t as poor as KWP was probably Manning, yet you and many others are acting like he was the best outta the 5 we had at the back.

And if we’re looking at the goals, well their second one Bazunu/HB were certainly at fault miles less than KWP was for the first or third goals. As both of those goals it was KWP man who got away from him and had a clear shot on goal to which Bazunu has no chance of saving, and HB is marking his man and doing his job in all 3 goals, where you’d only expect the world class defenders to manage to cope with, and even then I don’t even think you’d expect the likes of Koeman to do much about any of those goals when in HB’s position.
As yeah if we cut out the crosses we don’t concede for the 1st and 3rd goal, but that’s just the same as if KWP stays on his man then we don’t concede either.

As like I’ve said before, I don’t think that many players performed well whatsoever on Tuesday, but that was easily KWP’s worst game in quite some time, and he certainly was one of the main culprits for that poor performance, which is why I can’t get how some are chucking others under the buss more than he’s been

I said at the start of my post that the whole defence was terrible including KWP. What more do you need ?

Football is all about opinions and I gave you mine on all 3 goals - explaining who was at fault at each stage of events, leading up to the goals. All 3 goals could have easily been avoided on the night by the players we had on the pitch, so I am not sure why you have to mention world class defenders and Koeman.

On Tuesday night we had a current International Keeper, Left Back and CB, plus a RB with international experience and the Man City England U21 CB. We were playing Bristol City in the Championship, so I fully expected even that defensive line up to be able to cope with what was thrown at us.

TimSaint

KWP out of form since Transfer window closed on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 820 viewsstmichael

This might be the biggest load of tosh I've ever read on this site and that is saying something..
To question this fellas attitude or commitment given how he has consistently performed this season is just embarrassing..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024