Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sulemana 10:45 - Feb 14 with 1569 viewsShirtNumbers

Terrible again last night. We spent 23 million on him and got 2 goals in a meaningless game against Liverpool and 3 assists against Leeds. Fair play for the Leeds assists they actually meant something but otherwise I don't see what he offers.

To make it worse, Leicester only spent about 8 million on Mavididi. Joke
Sulemana on 11:11 - Feb 14 with 1510 viewsPatfromPoole

Can he do it on a wet Tuesday night in Bristol?

I hate Bristol.

I have never seen us win at that ground.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sulemana on 13:25 - Feb 14 with 1356 viewsJellybaby

He seemed particularly hopeless and disinterested last night. When he came on it was like 12 versus 10 in their favour as he gave the ball away continually. Would loved to be proved wrong, but don’t think he’s a keeper.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sulemana on 13:31 - Feb 14 with 1344 viewssaints__fan__73

Sulemana on 13:25 - Feb 14 by Jellybaby

He seemed particularly hopeless and disinterested last night. When he came on it was like 12 versus 10 in their favour as he gave the ball away continually. Would loved to be proved wrong, but don’t think he’s a keeper.

Nah, he's def an attacking player not a keeper.

I think his game was affected by having to play without sunlight last night due to the actions of the nasty powers that be.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Sulemana on 13:34 - Feb 14 with 1340 viewsSonicBoom

I think he's had a relatively easy ride so far. Think of all the players that have played for this club and he is the most expensive ever. He really should be first name on the team sheet but other than being fast, so far he's produced virtually nothing.
I guess he could improve. Maybe. Perhaps.
Sulemana on 13:37 - Feb 14 with 1334 viewssaints__fan__73

Sulemana on 13:34 - Feb 14 by SonicBoom

I think he's had a relatively easy ride so far. Think of all the players that have played for this club and he is the most expensive ever. He really should be first name on the team sheet but other than being fast, so far he's produced virtually nothing.
I guess he could improve. Maybe. Perhaps.

Ings was more expensive than him.

Also according to this Livermento too.

Wonder if that inc the sell-on fee?

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/teams/uk/southampton/transfers/most-expensi

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Sulemana on 14:40 - Feb 14 with 1270 viewsBLEEDRED

He is a good player, but just not suited to our style of play. The team doesn't need Queen Bees, just workers!
Sulemana on 14:54 - Feb 14 with 1253 viewsTimSaint

I seem to remember it was KWP that provided the assist for the first goal v Leeds.

Anyway, I guess the point is, he hasn't done much since that Leeds game - although I do remember an assist for Alcaraz v Blackburn and 6 weeks off injured. Yes defenders are scared of his pace, but ultimately his lack of end product means he has no impact on games.

I think last night he was almost trying too hard, having been out for so long, but always picked the wrong option and got a needless booking for a silly foul.

Maybe he just needs a goal to get him up and running, but maybe he is the type of player that will dine off that goal for the rest of the season ?

TimSaint

Sulemana on 16:04 - Feb 14 with 1201 viewssaint901

I was discussing Sulemana and a few other players with a performance coach from a PL club. His day job is to look at the opposition and decide who needs to be watched carefully and tactics altered for and who can be left to be coped with within the general shape of the team.

He has spent some time looking at Saints as possible rivals next season.

He does not rate Sulemana. Describes him as a "mood" player by which he means he can be brilliant and hopeless in the same game. He basically said that countering his pace is easy enough (make him try to beat two players) but otherwise he does not produce enough end product to warrant special treatment.

He also said that AA "makes Championship runs" i.e. moves into spaces which make it easier for him when he gets the ball. He says PL players will move into spaces which require more skill/technique to collect and move the ball on but which makes them very difficult to mark.

He very much likes KWP and sees him as a threat going forward but positionally suspect in defence.

He also likes Harwood Bellis and thinks that he could be a good player.

I mentioned Mara. No analysis but I can still hear him laughing.
Login to get fewer ads

Sulemana on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 865 viewsShirtNumbers

Another poor performance. Offered nothing.

Well done Rasmus Ankersen, 23 million well spent.

Play Dibling instead.

Have no idea how we can convince anyone to buy Sulemana though. Clear he does not fit here
[Post edited 21 Feb 9:13]
Sulemana on 09:31 - Feb 21 with 837 viewsHeisenberg

Sulemana on 11:11 - Feb 14 by PatfromPoole

I hate Bristol.

‘Twas the Friday before Christmas 1979. It snowed and Saints fans were at an end with no roof. It was a terrible game. Channon scored in the 90th minute to win it. I was there frozen solid.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Sulemana on 13:06 - Feb 21 with 675 viewsDorsetIan

Seriously annoyed me the way he was pIssing about with the ball in midfield when we were 2-0 up against WBA.

Have a run on goal, or take it to the corner if you don't want to take any risks, but make a positive decision.

I wasn't at the Liverpool game last year so I've seen very little to understand what all the fuss was about.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sulemana on 13:14 - Feb 21 with 663 viewsdirk_doone

Sulemana on 11:11 - Feb 14 by PatfromPoole

I hate Bristol.

He could just be a fair weather player. We'll probably see the best of him at the end of the season, when the sun comes out. Pelle was another fair weather player. He was great in the warmer months but miserable in the depths of the English winter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sulemana do well in Serie A. His performance in the last game of the season against Liverpool, when the weather was perfect for him, gave us a glimpse of how good he might be there.

[Post edited 21 Feb 13:16]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sulemana on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 625 views1ASIN12

He’s a sulky little fvcker i put him in the same bracket as Salisu and Bella-kotchap 2 other players that didn’t want to know half the time.

All 3 made it clear they didn’t want to play in the championship. Sulemana thought he was off in the summer but no fcvker wanted to sign him.

His performance at West Brom was bizarre as if he didn’t want to come on and rather sit on the bench nice and warm .

All 3 are melts .
Sulemana on 00:20 - Feb 22 with 462 viewssledger

he is stealing oxygen from the rest of the human race.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024