Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight 07:55 - Feb 16 with 1610 viewsPatfromPoole

Anybody think we can win tonight?

Must admit to travelling up there more in hope than expectation.

We were very lucky to beat this lot at home, and they play the type of direct game that we struggle to compete with.

I thought if I put one of my “less optimistic” threads up, it might inspire the lads…….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Tonight on 08:15 - Feb 16 with 1575 viewsA1079

They played well against us at home Pat. This is the game I did think our unbeaten run would end this week but it came a match earlier. A draw would not surprise me. I am not confident at all of a win - as far as I can tell they have only lost twice at home in the league and the last one being 2nd December against Leicester.
Tonight on 08:21 - Feb 16 with 1566 viewsPatfromPoole

Tonight on 08:15 - Feb 16 by A1079

They played well against us at home Pat. This is the game I did think our unbeaten run would end this week but it came a match earlier. A draw would not surprise me. I am not confident at all of a win - as far as I can tell they have only lost twice at home in the league and the last one being 2nd December against Leicester.

In the time that he was on the pitch in the home game, they sussed out they would get more joy by attacking Manning’s side.

I hope they have forgotten that, but Corberan is a pretty wily coach.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Tonight on 09:10 - Feb 16 with 1499 viewscocklebreath

The 2nd half of the home match we were hanging on and got lucky, was really impressed with them. I fear the worst

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Tonight on 09:56 - Feb 16 with 1444 views1885_SFC

I'm feeling quite good about tonight. Saints to win 2-1 and set us up for a happy weekend football wise.

Assuming Bristol City was a bad day at the office, we have more than enough attacking threat tonight to keep their rear-guard busy - Downes or no Downes.

2-1 to Saints.

Old School is Cool

Tonight on 10:07 - Feb 16 with 1414 viewsSonicBoom

I think and hope that some are building this game up more than necessary. West Brom are decent but they are below us in the table and we shouldn't go anywhere in this league and be fearful. Respect them but impose our game.
Surely we can't be as bad as we were at Bristol where we looked lethargic and sloppy.
I hope that now the run is over the pressure if off the team and they can get back to playing our brand of football.
There is absolutely no reason we can't go there and win.
Tonight on 10:42 - Feb 16 with 1340 viewsfranniesTache

Without Downes we lose this, with Downes (and him being fit enough to play at his usual standard) we might get a draw.

Definitely not expecting to win this, and wasn't before we lost to Bristol City.
Tonight on 11:11 - Feb 16 with 1297 views1teeminants

We’re heading off to West Brom soon. I was very impressed with them at St Mary’s and always thought this would be a tough game. They’ve just been taken over as well so that will give them an extra spring in their steps.

I’d be happy with a draw.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Tonight on 11:23 - Feb 16 with 1265 viewsBridders2

Tonight on 10:42 - Feb 16 by franniesTache

Without Downes we lose this, with Downes (and him being fit enough to play at his usual standard) we might get a draw.

Definitely not expecting to win this, and wasn't before we lost to Bristol City.

You've got to think that the defeat to Bristol City will have broken our spell of being invincible and will show other teams how to beat us, but it will also galvanise the team and RMs thinking/tactics so it might be to our advantage. We were more direct a few games ago, maybe he'll attack more quickly tonight and take the game to them. No plodding tonight let's hope.
Login to get fewer ads

Tonight on 12:03 - Feb 16 with 1207 views1ASIN12

Yes of course we can win . Everybody keeps saying what a good team they are but they are 12 points below us . Will be tough but if we play to our best then no reason we can’t .

Just because we played shit at Bristol doesn’t mean we are a bad side , all of us have see us go 25 games unbeaten and I doubt any of us will see that happen again .

Even if we lose I’d rather us have a wobble now then come strong again for the last 12 or so games .
Tonight on 12:17 - Feb 16 with 1175 viewsfelly1

It does feel like there is a momentum shift , being 2 nil down to strugglers Huddersfield and then losing to Bristol City.
No Flynn Downes is a big blow.
WBA have won 5 on the trot at home as well.
Tough tonight no doubt.
Tonight on 14:51 - Feb 16 with 1021 viewssaint22

Tonight on 11:23 - Feb 16 by Bridders2

You've got to think that the defeat to Bristol City will have broken our spell of being invincible and will show other teams how to beat us, but it will also galvanise the team and RMs thinking/tactics so it might be to our advantage. We were more direct a few games ago, maybe he'll attack more quickly tonight and take the game to them. No plodding tonight let's hope.

This is a game where RM needs to show he has more to his game plans that usual
We shall see
Downes is a huge miss
Tonight on 23:06 - Feb 16 with 793 views1885_SFC

Tonight on 09:56 - Feb 16 by 1885_SFC

I'm feeling quite good about tonight. Saints to win 2-1 and set us up for a happy weekend football wise.

Assuming Bristol City was a bad day at the office, we have more than enough attacking threat tonight to keep their rear-guard busy - Downes or no Downes.

2-1 to Saints.

Almost.

The Baggies are a decent side - but a 15-point gap between us, as well as beating them home & away this season, shows we have the stronger squad, better players & dare I say it, a better manager & coaching staff.

We were, as it happened, a real attacking threat tonight. Bazunu pulled off a couple of good saves, which he is expected to do of course, and West Brom had a few decent chances. But on the whole, it was 3-points much deserved. That was a classy performance from Saints.

UTS

Old School is Cool

Tonight on 05:04 - Feb 17 with 650 viewssledger

Tonight on 23:06 - Feb 16 by 1885_SFC

Almost.

The Baggies are a decent side - but a 15-point gap between us, as well as beating them home & away this season, shows we have the stronger squad, better players & dare I say it, a better manager & coaching staff.

We were, as it happened, a real attacking threat tonight. Bazunu pulled off a couple of good saves, which he is expected to do of course, and West Brom had a few decent chances. But on the whole, it was 3-points much deserved. That was a classy performance from Saints.

UTS

completely agree
Tonight on 07:24 - Feb 17 with 591 viewscocklebreath

Never in doubt 😇

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Tonight on 13:17 - Feb 17 with 439 viewsTimSaint

Nothing to do with the players, it was that lucky Rainbow Football that won it for us !! :-)

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024