Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britannia Road 10:07 - Feb 23 with 1758 views1teeminants

No access for home fans after the game tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/751648448258940/permalink/7127052134051841/

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Britannia Road on 10:31 - Feb 23 with 1701 viewsSouthamptonfan

Yep, Thames Valley Police on horseback will be in attendance too. 3000 Millwall, most of them drinking on the way, on the train. They see us a big club in the league we're in. They will cause lots of chaos I expect.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/britannia-road-closed-to-home-fans
[Post edited 23 Feb 10:33]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Britannia Road on 12:47 - Feb 23 with 1572 viewsBLEEDRED

Expect their normal trick of trying to remove the netting! Any Saints fans responding will get nicked, Millwall fans left alone!!!(Cops & stewards scared of them)
Britannia Road on 15:20 - Feb 23 with 1445 viewscocklebreath

Britannia Road on 10:31 - Feb 23 by Southamptonfan

Yep, Thames Valley Police on horseback will be in attendance too. 3000 Millwall, most of them drinking on the way, on the train. They see us a big club in the league we're in. They will cause lots of chaos I expect.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/britannia-road-closed-to-home-fans

Jamie Redknapp is a saints fan? As well as Greg Wallace

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Britannia Road on 16:15 - Feb 23 with 1400 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Britannia Road on 10:31 - Feb 23 by Southamptonfan

God help any Saints fans getting on a train from Waterloo at Basingstoke, Winchester or Eastleigh, they will be sitting ducks I’d imagine. Christ, 3,000 of their obnoxious unwashed hoardes descending on our fair City does not bear thinking about. Never mind the TV police on horseback, I think there’s a good case for sending in the army! Seriously, be careful if you are going to have to share public transport with them tomorrow.
Britannia Road on 16:42 - Feb 23 with 1349 viewsLondonSaint76

Britannia Road on 16:15 - Feb 23 by InTimeAddedOn

God help any Saints fans getting on a train from Waterloo at Basingstoke, Winchester or Eastleigh, they will be sitting ducks I’d imagine. Christ, 3,000 of their obnoxious unwashed hoardes descending on our fair City does not bear thinking about. Never mind the TV police on horseback, I think there’s a good case for sending in the army! Seriously, be careful if you are going to have to share public transport with them tomorrow.

My advice for any Saints fans going down by train from London tomorrrow would be go from Paddington to Reading then pick up a Virgin cross country train that comes down from the Midlands or beyond and goes from Reading to Basingstoke and on to Southampton then Bournemouth or Poole. Not that much difference in overall journey time and not a route Millwall are likely to use. Going home the trains will probably be heading for Birmingham or north thereof as a final destination.
The above is assuming there are no engineering works, strikes or that another operator has not taken over the Virgin cross country franchise since I last used that service…
[Post edited 23 Feb 19:05]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Britannia Road on 17:21 - Feb 23 with 1275 viewsfranniesTache

Britannia Road on 16:42 - Feb 23 by LondonSaint76

My advice for any Saints fans going down by train from London tomorrrow would be go from Paddington to Reading then pick up a Virgin cross country train that comes down from the Midlands or beyond and goes from Reading to Basingstoke and on to Southampton then Bournemouth or Poole. Not that much difference in overall journey time and not a route Millwall are likely to use. Going home the trains will probably be heading for Birmingham or north thereof as a final destination.
The above is assuming there are no engineering works, strikes or that another operator has not taken over the Virgin cross country franchise since I last used that service…

We’re doing that to avoid the engineering works to be fair.

Also most Millwall fans are sound, if you don’t act like a bellend you won’t find any trouble
Britannia Road on 17:42 - Feb 23 with 1238 views1ASIN12

Britannia Road on 17:21 - Feb 23 by franniesTache

Also most Millwall fans are sound, if you don’t act like a bellend you won’t find any trouble

Exactly that . Yes they do have a hooligan element , bigger than some, but the majority are just normal fans wanting to watch their team.

Can’t help thinking that this is a completely over the top by the old bill.
Britannia Road on 17:50 - Feb 23 with 1233 viewsLondonSaint76

Britannia Road on 17:21 - Feb 23 by franniesTache

Fair enough FT, had a couple of less than pleasant journeys to/from Waterloo with them on board in days gone by - and we certainly were not behaving like idiots, quite the opposite in fact, just keeping ourselves to ourselves. We even did the 1st class upgrade on one return journey but still got hassle… had enough by the time we got to Basingstoke so got off there and got the next Reading train 🙂
Perhaps times have changed a bit since I last travelled down and back with them, all for giving them the benefit of the doubt if that is the case…
By the way, thanks for the steer towards 6music - good shout from you from the RIP Steve Wright thread 🙂

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Login to get fewer ads

Britannia Road on 17:54 - Feb 23 with 1224 viewsfranniesTache

Britannia Road on 17:42 - Feb 23 by 1ASIN12

Exactly that . Yes they do have a hooligan element , bigger than some, but the majority are just normal fans wanting to watch their team.

Can’t help thinking that this is a completely over the top by the old bill.

The police response has as much to do with our lot as it does Millwall to be honest
Britannia Road on 19:12 - Feb 23 with 1134 viewscocklebreath

Getting train from Basingstoke with my son, those bushwackers won’t know what’s hit ‘em

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Britannia Road on 19:55 - Feb 23 with 1075 viewsUTS1885

There will be some of their older lot coming down tomorrow.
Britannia Road on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 1012 viewskingslandstand1

And I was hoping to meet with a Millwall fan tomorrow for a drink with "our lot" who's a really decent guy and his wife and brother. Never any issues with him and hates the reputation etc, but as soon as he opens his mouth you can tell where he's from so seeking advice from anyone as to where or just apologise for his team's back catalogue!
Britannia Road on 21:06 - Feb 23 with 1001 viewsWints76

Those coming from London tomorrow would do as well to go Paddington-Reading-Southampton anyway as trains are diverted via Chertsey and the Byfleet curve
Britannia Road on 21:40 - Feb 23 with 945 viewsSFC_Referee

Saw earlier today that they’re shutting Britiana road after the game, which is a right pain for Itchen north fans. Still makes you wonder why as the fans will still meet and clash at the lights, and I can certainly imagine one set of fans will be peed off with the result

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Britannia Road on 22:59 - Feb 23 with 870 viewsdirk_doone

Britannia Road on 16:15 - Feb 23 by InTimeAddedOn

I'll be travelling down disguised as a West Ham fan so they don't notice me.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Britannia Road on 23:11 - Feb 23 with 849 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Britannia Road on 22:59 - Feb 23 by dirk_doone

I'll be travelling down disguised as a West Ham fan so they don't notice me.

I'll remember that for the Skates away game if we are in the same divison next season!
[Post edited 24 Feb 1:59]
Britannia Road on 02:31 - Feb 24 with 793 viewssaint22

Britannia Road on 16:42 - Feb 23 by LondonSaint76

The reading to Southampton route is often best from London
It’s going back afterwards that’s a ball ache as they dick about with trains times between 5 and 6 so you have to just wait till the 615 which means it’s mobbed.
As there are ones at 15 and 45 earlier on
You have to wonder what they are thinking, or maybe they aren’t
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024