Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fraser out for a month 10:01 - Feb 27 with 1054 viewsPatfromPoole

Whatever the "shite week" version of "annus horribilis" is, this has been quite the shite week....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Fraser out for a month on 10:08 - Feb 27 with 1029 viewsdirk_doone

You have to question the lack of action by the referee. It was obvious to everyone that Millwall players had been instructed to injure him and they very obviously kicking him without receiving warnings or yellow cards.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fraser out for a month on 10:17 - Feb 27 with 1012 viewsA1079

Fraser out for a month on 10:08 - Feb 27 by dirk_doone

You have to question the lack of action by the referee. It was obvious to everyone that Millwall players had been instructed to injure him and they very obviously kicking him without receiving warnings or yellow cards.

Absolutely Dirk. He was targetted and all our competitors and rivals will thank Millwall for doing that. I am not saying Fraser on his own influences the outcome of a match but it has been obvious that he was a key person during our long unbeaten run.

Separately though, none of our injuries ever seem to be shortlived/brief. If Downes is not back for Birmingham that would suggest that there is more to it.
Fraser out for a month on 11:33 - Feb 27 with 937 viewsSFC_Referee

Fraser out for a month on 10:08 - Feb 27 by dirk_doone

Yeah well I didn’t think the ref was that god at all in Saturdays game, but tbf it didn’t matter who was officiating that game as we still weren’t gonna win it

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Fraser out for a month on 12:14 - Feb 27 with 882 viewsgrumpy

Fraser out for a month on 11:33 - Feb 27 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well I didn’t think the ref was that god at all in Saturdays game, but tbf it didn’t matter who was officiating that game as we still weren’t gonna win it

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion.
If Fraser had stayed fit he would have made an impact.
It was obvious Millwall were out to intimidate,by not even booking the player that injured Fraser he was showing weakness.
A weak ref is going to have an affect on a game particularly when one team is out to physically intimidate the other. I not blaming Millwall for their Tactics,it worked and perhaps if we had someone to do some intimidating of our own the result may have been different.
[Post edited 27 Feb 12:19]
Fraser out for a month on 12:22 - Feb 27 with 857 viewsarfurdent

think the lack of depth in the squad is starting to show

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Fraser out for a month on 12:48 - Feb 27 with 824 viewsA1079

Fraser out for a month on 12:22 - Feb 27 by arfurdent

think the lack of depth in the squad is starting to show

and may be quality as well arfurdent.

I find it intriguing that for all the previous plaudits about our academy we actually produce very little end product and yet the likes of Liverpool, Man U, etc will bring almost completely unknown and untried players into a PL or cup match. We always say it is one for the future.......the future that rarely seems to materialise.
Fraser out for a month on 12:54 - Feb 27 with 815 viewsarfurdent

Fraser out for a month on 12:48 - Feb 27 by A1079

I find it intriguing that for all the previous plaudits about our academy we actually produce very little end product and yet the likes of Liverpool, Man U, etc will bring almost completely unknown and untried players into a PL or cup match. We always say it is one for the future.......the future that rarely seems to materialise.

so true

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Fraser out for a month on 14:16 - Feb 27 with 752 viewsIanSouthstander

A month you say. That should get him back well in time for the play offs.
Login to get fewer ads

Fraser out for a month on 15:05 - Feb 27 with 711 viewsLondonSaint76

Fraser out for a month on 12:48 - Feb 27 by A1079

Spot on A1079 - and on the odd occasion we do either bring one through or buy in a good youngster they get spirited away by the so called big Clubs as soon as they prove to be any good. I remember Nick saying in an article about Liveremento that the likes of Newcastle ‘would not allow’ Liveremento to stay at Southampton. That comment really hit home and makes me wonder what the future is for Clubs like us because it seems every which way we get kicked in the teeth. Of course, a lot of the problems are caused by the agents who only have their own best interests at heart - a happy, settled player being allowed to develop at a club like SFC is no use to an agent, all they are interested in is the next big money move no matter if it benefits the player or not…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Fraser out for a month on 16:23 - Feb 27 with 663 viewsdirk_doone

Fraser out for a month on 12:14 - Feb 27 by grumpy

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion.
If Fraser had stayed fit he would have made an impact.
It was obvious Millwall were out to intimidate,by not even booking the player that injured Fraser he was showing weakness.
A weak ref is going to have an affect on a game particularly when one team is out to physically intimidate the other. I not blaming Millwall for their Tactics,it worked and perhaps if we had someone to do some intimidating of our own the result may have been different.
[Post edited 27 Feb 12:19]

Pity we can't get Wanyama back. He'd soon sort out the Millwall players. He's only 32 but he's signed a new 2-year contract with Montreal.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fraser out for a month on 16:43 - Feb 27 with 641 viewsSalisburySaint

Seems to have been a trend since the new year to target and badly hurt our better players and give them injuries which make them miss numerous games p, which Fraser being kicked numerous times.

First Edoize against Norwich, then Downes v Huddersfield and now Fraser v Millwall

Each time the opposing players concerned have got away with at the worst a booking, in Huddersfield game we didn’t even get a free kick.

Just shows how poor the referees in this league are
Fraser out for a month on 23:04 - Feb 27 with 507 viewssledger

we need var,that will sort it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024