Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who’s upset with the New England kit? 09:47 - Mar 22 with 2357 viewsButty101

It’s a bit woke, I would like to Nike try that trick with Stars and Stripes and see how that goes. That said anyone over 30 wearing a football shirt is a complete plum!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 10:24 - Mar 22 with 1844 viewssaintwizzler

Couldn’t give a toss to be honest!
The badge on the chest is the same.
Just something else to nit pick.

It won’t effect my week in Germany for the Serbia and Denmark games one bit.

WE MARCH ON TO GERMANY ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 10:31 - Mar 22 with 1849 viewsPatfromPoole

Alas, saintwizzler speaks for me.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 10:34 - Mar 22 with 1842 viewsUTS1885

I think the price is more offensive.
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 11:02 - Mar 22 with 1794 viewsManhattan_Lynx

I have messaged Southgate and asked him not to consider me for inclusion in his next squad.
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 11:12 - Mar 22 with 1777 viewsNYC_Saint

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 10:34 - Mar 22 by UTS1885

I haven't looked shirt prices since I bought a baby saints shirt for my first child 12 years ago. I was shocked to see the prices. Especially for the children's tops. Surely there should be something like a 25 pounds cap on a child's shirt? Fine if you want to charge through the roof for an authentic one (I would love if someone could explain to me what this difference is) but it should be semi affordable for someone to by their kids a football shirt especially given it's short self life before a new one replaces it.
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 11:44 - Mar 22 with 1748 viewsarfurdent

if it is not Saints then I don't give a proverbial

gotten bored with over rated / over egoed England wannabes

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 11:44 - Mar 22 with 1747 viewsfranniesTache

I find the whole thing the perfect example of how f*cking insane the world has got, Peter Saville (one of the best designers this country has ever produced) did exactly the same thing on the england shirt in 2010 and absolutely no one batted an eyelid or even mentioned it.

But now... everyone has completely lost the plot about something that's so incredibly unimportant it's laughable.

"Saville – who initially made his name through his work with Factory Records, and is now recognised as one of Britain’s leading creative minds – has crafted this design through a consideration of England’s cultural makeup. Inspired by the increasingly diverse fabric of England, the design takes the traditional St. George’s cross and reinterprets it as a reoccurring motif in four different colours – the traditional red, blue and green which feature in England’s three lions crest, plus a blend of all three which comes out as a striking purple."

https://www.dezeen.com/2010/09/02/england-home-kit-by-peter-saville-for-umbro/
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 12:13 - Mar 22 with 1714 viewsWints76

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 11:02 - Mar 22 by Manhattan_Lynx

I have messaged Southgate and asked him not to consider me for inclusion in his next squad.

That is what happened with Ben White. Not because of any woke (ffs!) issues, he just couldn't afford the new shirt
Login to get fewer ads

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 12:26 - Mar 22 with 1690 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 12:13 - Mar 22 by Wints76

That is what happened with Ben White. Not because of any woke (ffs!) issues, he just couldn't afford the new shirt

I actually really like the shirt, but I won't be able to play because my bunions have flared up again and my training regime is in tatters.
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 14:38 - Mar 22 with 1548 viewsdirk_doone

I haven't even seen it yet and I'm upset.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 14:54 - Mar 22 with 1522 viewsfranniesTache

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 14:38 - Mar 22 by dirk_doone

I haven't even seen it yet and I'm upset.

i'm f*cking LIVID about my alarm clock, it went off this morning and made me WOKE
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 14:56 - Mar 22 with 1519 viewssaints__fan__73

New England kit?

Looks ok to me.

https://fanatics.frgimages.com/new-england-patriots/mens-nike-bailey-zappe-navy-

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 15:27 - Mar 22 with 1486 viewsBazza

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 14:56 - Mar 22 by saints__fan__73

New England kit?

Looks ok to me.

https://fanatics.frgimages.com/new-england-patriots/mens-nike-bailey-zappe-navy-

The kit is ok but no one should mess with the English flag.
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 16:16 - Mar 22 with 1442 viewssaintmark1976

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 12:26 - Mar 22 by Manhattan_Lynx

I actually really like the shirt, but I won't be able to play because my bunions have flared up again and my training regime is in tatters.

Your comment made me laugh Manhattan Lynx.

In all honesty I doubt that even with bunions your performance could be worse than some of the players Southgate will select to play.

Maguire will give his usual impression of an out of control oil tanker and at some point in time I fully expect Kane to blast another penalty into outer space

Every couple of years since 1966 we get told this time it will be different and it never is. Something else that remains the same is the F A are able to con vast sums of money from hapless fans by selling shirts at ridiculous prices. Fools and their money being easily parted come to mind.
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 16:29 - Mar 22 with 1417 viewssaint22

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 10:34 - Mar 22 by UTS1885

exactly this, who cares about the cross?? 120 notes!!!
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 17:18 - Mar 22 with 1375 viewsCity_boy

Nike made announcement today about pressure on revenue. This was before they pulled this marketing stunt.

This was unnecessary, although it is not the first time they have got involved in political controversy or perceived social injustices. In 2018 they backed Colin Kaepernick (former US NFL player), who took the knee during national anthem. They faced a big backlash on social media and it affected their share price for a while.

These companies do not learn. The list of those who have gone down this route have been hit hard, including Bud light (who are still suffering), Ben and Jerrys, Coca Cola / Pepsi, Disney to name a few.

Just seen picture of Harvey Elliott, who pulled his collar up to hide flag. Be interesting to see if any of the senior team follow suit ?
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 17:35 - Mar 22 with 1360 viewsfranniesTache

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 17:18 - Mar 22 by City_boy

Nike made announcement today about pressure on revenue. This was before they pulled this marketing stunt.

This was unnecessary, although it is not the first time they have got involved in political controversy or perceived social injustices. In 2018 they backed Colin Kaepernick (former US NFL player), who took the knee during national anthem. They faced a big backlash on social media and it affected their share price for a while.

These companies do not learn. The list of those who have gone down this route have been hit hard, including Bud light (who are still suffering), Ben and Jerrys, Coca Cola / Pepsi, Disney to name a few.

Just seen picture of Harvey Elliott, who pulled his collar up to hide flag. Be interesting to see if any of the senior team follow suit ?

Jesus Christ it’s a design detail on the back of a football shirt. When the f*ck did this country decide to collectively turn into small children and make a fuss about the least important things
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 17:50 - Mar 22 with 1346 viewsCity_boy

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 17:35 - Mar 22 by franniesTache

Jesus Christ it’s a design detail on the back of a football shirt. When the f*ck did this country decide to collectively turn into small children and make a fuss about the least important things

If that is the case, why not do some other design. Did they really have to mess with the national flag/identity and make a point of deliberately changing the flag.

As other posters have pointed out, they would not have done this with the US flag.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:58]
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 18:11 - Mar 22 with 1315 views1885_SFC

Just looked at the back of the new England football shirt, saw what was printed on it and thought what the fcuk, no way!

Maguire.

Old School is Cool

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 18:36 - Mar 22 with 1302 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Perhaps they could do an alternative version for the perpetually angry/sensitive market and replace the offending image with a snowflake (an English one). They could also offer an embroidered "WE WANT ARE COUNTRY BACK" for the sleeves (extra cost).
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 18:52 - Mar 22 with 1280 viewssaintwizzler

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 17:35 - Mar 22 by franniesTache

What’s SaintRob gotta say about this TREASON!!!???

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 20:44 - Mar 22 with 1183 viewsCapt_Koons

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 16:29 - Mar 22 by saint22

exactly this, who cares about the cross?? 120 notes!!!

Yep, the price for a kids shirt is a fúckng disgrace. Well done Kier Starmer for calling Nike out on it.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 22:34 - Mar 22 with 1107 viewsfranniesTache

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 17:50 - Mar 22 by City_boy

If that is the case, why not do some other design. Did they really have to mess with the national flag/identity and make a point of deliberately changing the flag.

As other posters have pointed out, they would not have done this with the US flag.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:58]

The cross is a very, very recent thing, other designers have equally “messed with it” the Brazil kit by Nike has something identical.

This country needs to grow the f*ck up and stop throwing a hissy fit about meaningless sh*t.
Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 23:07 - Mar 22 with 1085 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sorry, but the England flag is the England flag. I don't particularly care, but stop changing what is. We can't call a burger a cabbage. Just leave things alone and stop complicating everything. Nobody asked for the England cross to be turned purple, so why do it? It's England so display the English flag, stop complicating things that are so simple. As for the price, this will do:

https://direct.asda.com/george/men/t-shirts/white-england-football-t-shirt/GEM98

You're off your rocker if you pay £125.
[Post edited 22 Mar 23:21]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 08:16 - Mar 23 with 949 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Who’s upset with the New England kit? on 23:07 - Mar 22 by Southamptonfan

Sorry, but the England flag is the England flag. I don't particularly care, but stop changing what is. We can't call a burger a cabbage. Just leave things alone and stop complicating everything. Nobody asked for the England cross to be turned purple, so why do it? It's England so display the English flag, stop complicating things that are so simple. As for the price, this will do:

https://direct.asda.com/george/men/t-shirts/white-england-football-t-shirt/GEM98

You're off your rocker if you pay £125.
[Post edited 22 Mar 23:21]

There's no England flag on that shirt you recommended though mate. Nice price but how will anyone know which team I am a patriot to?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024