Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread 08:17 - Mar 29 with 3320 viewsSaintNick

All eyes on the back four selection at 2pm

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Mar 29 with 1087 viewskingslandstand1

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 29 by GRIM

That's how bad we must have been today,
Jack Stephen's got Man (Player) of the Match.

He deserved it for that chase back and tackle alone in the 2nd half, come on, admit that was class
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 19:29 - Mar 29 with 1026 views1885_SFC

Full time in the teatime KO:

Blackburn 0 Ipswich 1

There you go. That's how you do it.

Old School is Cool

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 19:35 - Mar 29 with 1005 viewsSouthamptonfan

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 19:29 - Mar 29 by 1885_SFC

Blackburn 0 Ipswich 1

Yep absolutely. Ipswich are riding on a wave since promotion last season. There is more urgency from them. Their payers jump in front of everything. They are quick and urgent in their play. Saints are just so slow at times, one lapse of concentration and you get punished. They will out work us on Monday and will beat us with spirit and determination.
[Post edited 29 Mar 19:36]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Mar 29 with 952 viewsBLEEDRED

I'm going to be very controversial, I don't want to go up, play the way we do in the Premiership, get slaughtered most weeks, most likely come straight back down. Plus VAR, The team have only one way of playing.
Sure we may have a few years in the Championship, look on the positive side the South Coast Derby will be back!!
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Mar 29 with 917 viewsgrumpy

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Mar 29 by BLEEDRED

I'm going to be very controversial, I don't want to go up, play the way we do in the Premiership, get slaughtered most weeks, most likely come straight back down. Plus VAR, The team have only one way of playing.
Sure we may have a few years in the Championship, look on the positive side the South Coast Derby will be back!!

I agree with this,only if lose to that lot down the road it takes some time to get over the depression 😡
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Mar 29 with 906 viewsSFC_Referee

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 16:59 - Mar 29 by Ron11

More like why didn't he start Brooks and Frazer?

Ok but neither were ever gonna start with both coming back from an issue, where both were a doubt to even be on the bench a few days ago. And even then I think Fraser’s usually more efficient when coming off the bench, as he has shown to of been a super sub this season.
As it should’ve been the likes of Aribo or Rothwell starting over Adams today

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 20:33 - Mar 29 with 903 viewsSFC_Referee

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 19:29 - Mar 29 by 1885_SFC

Blackburn 0 Ipswich 1

Well Watford have just taken the 1-0 lead over Leeds, so if they were to win that’s a point gained on automatic promotion, which certainly isn’t as good as 3 points gained, but still is the gap closing rather than opening.

But like others have stated, if we’ve got any chance of making up that gap with the games in hand, then we need to be putting games to bed like we did in the peak of that undefeated run

Edit: make that 1-1
[Post edited 29 Mar 20:39]

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 20:38 - Mar 29 with 893 viewsSFC_Referee

The only worry I’d have there though is who’s to say we’d stay at the top half of the championship table? As it pains me to say it, but presuming the skates didn’t go straight back down next season and we didn’t go up this or next season, I wouldn’t be surprised if they finished above us in the 25/26 one.
As like what’s happened with Swansea, Stoke, Watford etc… most put up a decent display in their fist season after going down, but then when they didn’t go straight back up, they lost even more of their best players, and didn’t do as well in the 2nd season, yet were mid-table or relegation scrapping by their 3rd season.

As if we didn’t go up this season, all the likes of THB, KWP, Brooks, Downes and maybe even A,Armstrong, would probably be gone, with half the rest of the half decent players leaving the season after. And I’d much rather be in the relegation scrap to the prem than the championship

Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Mar 29 with 795 viewsGRIM

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Mar 29 by kingslandstand1

He deserved it for that chase back and tackle alone in the 2nd half, come on, admit that was class

The tackle was class, but Stephen's definitely isn't.
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Mar 29 with 711 viewssaint22

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Mar 29 by SFC_Referee

Ok but neither were ever gonna start with both coming back from an issue, where both were a doubt to even be on the bench a few days ago. And even then I think Fraser’s usually more efficient when coming off the bench, as he has shown to of been a super sub this season.
As it should’ve been the likes of Aribo or Rothwell starting over Adams today

Aribo and/or rothwell should have started
We need to do finishing practice our profligacy is astounding and has cost us massively
The reluctance to spend big on a striker means we miss out on the lucrative act of promotion
It’s the clearest example of why you must spend to achieve and we haven’t so we don’t
Or we did spend buy bought a dud
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 01:03 - Mar 30 with 634 viewssaint22

Just read Boro were missing SIX first choice defenders and we still could not find the net more than once
And what on earth was Adam’s doing?!?! Do wolves really want him?
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 07:44 - Mar 30 with 546 viewssaintwizzler

This season has been enjoyable as we’ve won more than we’ve lost so I can understand people saying they don’t want to go up.
But is next season going to be the same?
Would you rather be losing games in The Premier League or in The Championship?
Losing at home to Millwall and that borefest yesterday with the inevitable equaliser is far from enjoyable.

And the lack of a Chris Nicholl tribute is wrong from the club.
It’ll be blamed on the fire behind the gulag.

Can the club afford to not be in The Premier League?
There’s not many assets left to sell to bring in money.

A club of Southampton size (at present) has to be in the top tier of football.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 08:53 - Mar 30 with 478 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Valdermara's hair was incredible.
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 09:20 - Mar 30 with 447 viewsDorsetIan

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 08:53 - Mar 30 by Manhattan_Lynx

Valdermara's hair was incredible.

Sullemana never fails to disappoInt. Show us your pace and that you can get behind defenders ffs.

The front 3 should have been changed at half time earliest. The attacking threat just wasn’t there.

And Smallbone, you need to remember where on the pitch you are. If you get the ball in acres of space in the area, you turn and shoot. Passing it straight back to the player you just got from (who is outside the area) is one thing if you’re tippy tappy in the centre circle, but not in the box, mate. We’re trying to get it to a player in space in the box. That’s what we’re trying to do...second time this season I’ve seen you do that,

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 09:42 - Mar 30 with 410 viewsBLEEDRED

Why play Adams? He doesn't want to be at the club and will be off at the end of the season (has he ever wanted to be here?) Just seen his miss, harder to miss than score!
Middlesbrough Game Matchday Thread on 11:26 - Mar 30 with 363 viewsCity_boy

Very disappointing game, that we should have won comfortably.

The way we set up and defended for last 10-15 mins, you could sense they might just nick one, and they did. We just sat too deep and lost all discipline.

I was impressed with number of fans they brought down on a good Friday holiday, with traffic etc.

Ok, now for the bit that I thought I would never say. That was Jack Stephens best game for Saints in years, especially the last gasp tackle to prevent a certain goal. Now he needs to translate this to every game and be more consistent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024