Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. 23:42 - Mar 29 with 1848 viewssaintmark1976

Sack the Ball Kidds, eject your own supporters from the Stadium for making a noise and fail to organise a tribute to a former player and Club manager who served with distinction before passing on with dementia.

What has happened to our Club which previously prided itself in doing things “ The Right Way” ?

In all my years of supporting the club beginning in the 1960s I’ve never felt more detached, disheartened and disgusted with the Owners and their management than I do this evening.
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 00:30 - Mar 30 with 1783 viewsSouthamptonfan

Couldn't agree more. It doesn't feel like Saints any more. Just some corporate, tick the box, say the right things, survey crazy corperation that has no respect for its loyal fans.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 00:48 - Mar 30 with 1762 viewsSFC_Referee

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 00:30 - Mar 30 by Southamptonfan

Couldn't agree more. It doesn't feel like Saints any more. Just some corporate, tick the box, say the right things, survey crazy corperation that has no respect for its loyal fans.

Unfortunately it’s not just the club, but that’s simply the sport. As that’s why there’s no care for the fans with KO times and dates for fixtures, the prices for ticket, food, kits etc…, the way VAR does ruin the match day fans experiences, the inconsistency and delays around points deductions and punishments, the ridiculous gaps between the top 6, prem, championship etc… as well as so much more.
As that’s not to say what the clubs doing is good, but it’s unfortunately just the same as most other clubs as that’s what footballs become and doesn’t look like it’ll be getting any better any time soon!

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 09:05 - Mar 30 with 1516 viewsBLEEDRED

Family Club my A*s
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 09:16 - Mar 30 with 1484 viewsTripleNiemi

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 09:05 - Mar 30 by BLEEDRED

Family Club my A*s

Doing nothing for Chris Nicholl is unforgivable and something I don’t personally think would ever have happened under the Markus / Kat regime. What makes it worst is that if it was a genuine mistake then simply hold your hands up. Having been told and still doing nothing stinks.

Trying to then eject a couple of supporters for endeavouring to make some noise is purely laughable but sums the club up now. If we don’t get promoted this year then they may rue the day antagonising the fan base.

Anyway rant over, enjoy your Easter Uglies.
[Post edited 30 Mar 9:19]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 09:30 - Mar 30 with 1463 viewssaintmark1976

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 00:48 - Mar 30 by SFC_Referee

Unfortunately it’s not just the club, but that’s simply the sport. As that’s why there’s no care for the fans with KO times and dates for fixtures, the prices for ticket, food, kits etc…, the way VAR does ruin the match day fans experiences, the inconsistency and delays around points deductions and punishments, the ridiculous gaps between the top 6, prem, championship etc… as well as so much more.
As that’s not to say what the clubs doing is good, but it’s unfortunately just the same as most other clubs as that’s what footballs become and doesn’t look like it’ll be getting any better any time soon!

SFC Referee, all of the points I previously highlighted were within the control of the Club's owners and management and simply cannot be blamed on outside influences as you attempt to suggest.

Those in charge of the Club decided to sack the ball staff, employ idiots as stewards and not organise a tribute to Chris Nicholl.

Responsibility lies fairly and squarely with those in control of our club and the defence of blaming others is frankly ridiculous.
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 09:56 - Mar 30 with 1409 viewsA1079

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 09:30 - Mar 30 by saintmark1976

SFC Referee, all of the points I previously highlighted were within the control of the Club's owners and management and simply cannot be blamed on outside influences as you attempt to suggest.

Those in charge of the Club decided to sack the ball staff, employ idiots as stewards and not organise a tribute to Chris Nicholl.

Responsibility lies fairly and squarely with those in control of our club and the defence of blaming others is frankly ridiculous.

I can't disagree with any of the comments in this thread. I have been a supporter for as long as my years almost but those running it appear to have forgotten what we are or were. I am not some die hard nothing should change person, I accept things do change, but that doesn't mean that you should lose the things you were good at or rip the heart out of the place. I cannot comment really on what was happening at the Northam as I was at the opposite end and being a devils advocate I don't know what, if any, abuse may have been given but it all sounds unnecessary and mishandled.

I don't know when they will hold one of these forum things but I really do hope hard questions are asked and if they don't answer them then some sort of walk out should be arranged. Then what of the Daily Echo - why are they not raising these issues?
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 12:02 - Mar 30 with 1253 viewsSFC_Referee

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 09:30 - Mar 30 by saintmark1976

Ok but I’m not exactly blaming others, as my main point simply is that it’s occurring everywhere else as well. As you hear all the time of things like this happening at other clubs, as the fact is that unfortunately that’s the way that footballs heading with the care for the fans becoming less and less as time goes on

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 12:50 - Mar 30 with 1197 viewsSouthamptonfan

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 12:02 - Mar 30 by SFC_Referee

Ok but I’m not exactly blaming others, as my main point simply is that it’s occurring everywhere else as well. As you hear all the time of things like this happening at other clubs, as the fact is that unfortunately that’s the way that footballs heading with the care for the fans becoming less and less as time goes on

No, it isn't happening at other clubs. They DID do a tribute for Chris Nicholl at the other clubs that he played for / managed. It's ONLY Saints who didn't. And had they started throwing out Leeds fans at Elland Road or Newcastle fans at St James Park for waving flags or getting behind the team there would have been an actual riot.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 12:52 - Mar 30 with 1190 viewsPatfromPoole

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 12:50 - Mar 30 by Southamptonfan

No, it isn't happening at other clubs. They DID do a tribute for Chris Nicholl at the other clubs that he played for / managed. It's ONLY Saints who didn't. And had they started throwing out Leeds fans at Elland Road or Newcastle fans at St James Park for waving flags or getting behind the team there would have been an actual riot.

Totally agree.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 13:25 - Mar 30 with 1158 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Thread title a bit drama queeny.
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 13:39 - Mar 30 with 1129 viewsPatfromPoole

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 13:25 - Mar 30 by Manhattan_Lynx

Thread title a bit drama queeny.

Manhattan Lynx

Sir / madam / they / them

You seem to be a fairly new poster, albeit with some irreverent and occasionally perceptive commentary.

I don’t think we have had your top 3 biscuits.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 14:22 - Mar 30 with 1066 viewsInTimeAddedOn

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 12:50 - Mar 30 by Southamptonfan

Very well said Southamptonfan, of course, you are 100% correct, Villa suitably remembered CN as evidenced by watching the clip below 🙂⚽️🙂

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MI830Fx78Ew
[Post edited 30 Mar 14:40]
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 14:56 - Mar 30 with 1022 viewsManhattan_Lynx

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 13:39 - Mar 30 by PatfromPoole

Manhattan Lynx

Sir / madam / they / them

You seem to be a fairly new poster, albeit with some irreverent and occasionally perceptive commentary.

I don’t think we have had your top 3 biscuits.

Why, thank you, kind sir. As one of the now most respected posters on Southampton Football Club's longest running fanzine forum, I am delighted to offer my exclusive endorsement for Boasters. In case you are unfamiliar, Boasters biscuits are an assortment of (Belgian) chocolate and hazelnut compacted onto a sweet oatmeal base. Quite buttery. I bought a whole garageful when I heard they were being discontinued. 

I'm also partial to Jammie Dodgers but am stopping short of a full endorsement, thank you for asking.
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 15:24 - Mar 30 with 972 viewssaintwizzler

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 14:56 - Mar 30 by Manhattan_Lynx

Why, thank you, kind sir. As one of the now most respected posters on Southampton Football Club's longest running fanzine forum, I am delighted to offer my exclusive endorsement for Boasters. In case you are unfamiliar, Boasters biscuits are an assortment of (Belgian) chocolate and hazelnut compacted onto a sweet oatmeal base. Quite buttery. I bought a whole garageful when I heard they were being discontinued. 

I'm also partial to Jammie Dodgers but am stopping short of a full endorsement, thank you for asking.

Do you enjoy a £2.99 and a free sauna in the Wetherspoons with Sky, The Lion in Bedford Place?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 15:32 - Mar 30 with 954 viewskingslandstand1

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 14:56 - Mar 30 by Manhattan_Lynx

What, no hobnobs anywhere?
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 16:17 - Mar 30 with 900 viewsManhattan_Lynx

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 15:24 - Mar 30 by saintwizzler

Do you enjoy a £2.99 and a free sauna in the Wetherspoons with Sky, The Lion in Bedford Place?

Much unspoilt character and charm to love but alas too much drunken thuggery from the dodgy professional drinker sorts that frequent such establishments.
March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 16:18 - Mar 30 with 896 viewsManhattan_Lynx

March 29 2024. The day the spirt of Southampton F C Died. on 15:32 - Mar 30 by kingslandstand1

What, no hobnobs anywhere?

Sadly, hobnobs wreak havoc with my IBS.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024