Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About Ipswich 15:13 - Apr 2 with 1977 viewsSaintNick

1. Its a small compact town with a lot of pubs and only a short walk to the stadium.

2, The pubs were packed with Ipswich fans just after midday with still 5 1/2 hours to kick off.

3. The designated away pub was a bit of a dump, it only had one small toilet catering for about 300 Saints supporters either in the bar or in the big beer garden

4. Ipswich fans were quite obnoxious and were quite happy to rub it in after the game.

5. It was along day out, I left home at 7.45 to meet the mini bus and walked into the door about 1am

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Ipswich on 15:18 - Apr 2 with 1958 viewsPatfromPoole

I have been there twice.

Yesterday and once in the mid-90’s.

We lost both times.

Would happily not go back there again.

Isaacs on the Quay was a decent enough boozer. Though I was a bit freaked out by being offered the opportunity to piss on a TV screen built into the trough of the outside gents’ loos.

Very weird; I was able to aim my wee at Stoke and Huddersfield players while they were playing.

Anybody else who was there will know what I mean…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things About Ipswich on 15:29 - Apr 2 with 1929 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About Ipswich on 15:18 - Apr 2 by PatfromPoole

I have been there twice.

Yesterday and once in the mid-90’s.

We lost both times.

Would happily not go back there again.

Isaacs on the Quay was a decent enough boozer. Though I was a bit freaked out by being offered the opportunity to piss on a TV screen built into the trough of the outside gents’ loos.

Very weird; I was able to aim my wee at Stoke and Huddersfield players while they were playing.

Anybody else who was there will know what I mean…..

Thats a bit hard on them and it wasn't even a semi final

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Ipswich on 15:33 - Apr 2 with 1913 viewsfranniesTache

1. Portman Road is a proper football ground, the kind I wish there was more of left, was disappointed to hear they’re going to redevelop the stand we were in yesterday soon.

2. The Dove Inn was a cracking pub with an incredible beer selection for somewhere so small.

3. The Ipswich fans I spoke to were sound and knowledgeable about football, though all of them were dreading the idea of playing Norwich in the play offs

4. Our fans were busy embarrassing themselves again, songs about libraries when the home fans were singing and banging a drum, squaring up to women after the game in the street, really wish some of our little turfs stopped going

5. Milk floats having a surprising acceleration speed
5 Things About Ipswich on 15:51 - Apr 2 with 1887 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About Ipswich on 15:33 - Apr 2 by franniesTache

1. Portman Road is a proper football ground, the kind I wish there was more of left, was disappointed to hear they’re going to redevelop the stand we were in yesterday soon.

2. The Dove Inn was a cracking pub with an incredible beer selection for somewhere so small.

3. The Ipswich fans I spoke to were sound and knowledgeable about football, though all of them were dreading the idea of playing Norwich in the play offs

4. Our fans were busy embarrassing themselves again, songs about libraries when the home fans were singing and banging a drum, squaring up to women after the game in the street, really wish some of our little turfs stopped going

5. Milk floats having a surprising acceleration speed

I thought our fans were pretty good TBF.

I only heard “Library” once, and we were quite noisy, I thought.

The acoustics of that stand obviously help. Though I was surprised we had Ipswich fans directly below us. They must get all sorts of liquids dropped on them over a season.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things About Ipswich on 17:39 - Apr 2 with 1807 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Ipswich on 15:51 - Apr 2 by PatfromPoole

I thought our fans were pretty good TBF.

I only heard “Library” once, and we were quite noisy, I thought.

The acoustics of that stand obviously help. Though I was surprised we had Ipswich fans directly below us. They must get all sorts of liquids dropped on them over a season.

The row of replica shirt decked mongs in front of us spent 15 minutes after we scored our second singing songs about libraries, premier league you’re having a laugh, your grounds too big for you (which made no sense as it was sold out) and then back to libraries, before I lost my calm and told to them shut the f*ck up and stop embarrassing us.

They also gestured at the home fans at the end when we were stood next to a bunch of families, kids and old people.

Absolute mouth breathing inbetweeners meffs
5 Things About Ipswich on 18:09 - Apr 2 with 1757 viewsTripleNiemi

Only ever been to Portman Road once when if memory serves, a certain Jim Magilton was in charge of them. Seem to recall we played ok that day but lost 2-1 with the likes of Skacel and Rasisk in the team.

Decent old ground and not many Social Media Influencers about then as we were probably all using Nokia 3210’s.

Don’t remember much about the journey home mind……

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

5 Things About Ipswich on 18:11 - Apr 2 with 1754 viewsTripleNiemi

5 Things About Ipswich on 17:39 - Apr 2 by franniesTache

The row of replica shirt decked mongs in front of us spent 15 minutes after we scored our second singing songs about libraries, premier league you’re having a laugh, your grounds too big for you (which made no sense as it was sold out) and then back to libraries, before I lost my calm and told to them shut the f*ck up and stop embarrassing us.

They also gestured at the home fans at the end when we were stood next to a bunch of families, kids and old people.

Did any of the plebs comment on the Ipswich limbs when they banged in the winner??
[Post edited 2 Apr 18:18]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

5 Things About Ipswich on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 1726 viewsBLEEDRED

Can't remember the last time I went through a real turnstile and having to show your ticket to a human being!

I stayed overnight and there were certainly a fair few idiots winding up the Saints fans, police manhandled the Saints fans and left the Ipswich fans alone
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About Ipswich on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 1707 viewsSouthamptonfan

Stayed in the travel lodge right next to the stadium. Portman Road can be seen well from the Travel lodge window. It's a proper old fashioned stadium with people at the turnstiles. Ipswich fans in colours all over the town, in the travel lodge even the morning after the game. The travel lodge bar was loud with tables being banged until about 11pm. The ones I spoke to were friendly, if not a little patronising and subtle rubbing it in. I tried to warn them that they won't like the PL. The response was that it's been 24 long years.

I thought the Saints fans were loud, and it felt like a big game atmosphere. Ipswich fans were relatively quiet until the equaliser and the winner. They were all mouthing off after the game in the streets, about going up.

Quaint, little town, with one big leisure area with cinema, bars, restaurants, fast food etc.

As for the game, Saints played some incredible football, but it didn't count for anything in the end. Ipswich got the job done, something we can't seem to do.

[Post edited 2 Apr 18:34]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

5 Things About Ipswich on 18:57 - Apr 2 with 1656 viewsSalisburySaint

5 Things About Ipswich on 18:29 - Apr 2 by Southamptonfan

Stayed in the travel lodge right next to the stadium. Portman Road can be seen well from the Travel lodge window. It's a proper old fashioned stadium with people at the turnstiles. Ipswich fans in colours all over the town, in the travel lodge even the morning after the game. The travel lodge bar was loud with tables being banged until about 11pm. The ones I spoke to were friendly, if not a little patronising and subtle rubbing it in. I tried to warn them that they won't like the PL. The response was that it's been 24 long years.

I thought the Saints fans were loud, and it felt like a big game atmosphere. Ipswich fans were relatively quiet until the equaliser and the winner. They were all mouthing off after the game in the streets, about going up.

Quaint, little town, with one big leisure area with cinema, bars, restaurants, fast food etc.

As for the game, Saints played some incredible football, but it didn't count for anything in the end. Ipswich got the job done, something we can't seem to do.

I found Ipswich a great place, stayed night in Novotel

Spent afternoon at Fat Cat, Ipswich pub of year, a little out of town but not overly crowded and great beer.

After game walked to Briarbank Brewery close to Waterfront, more excellent beers and good chat with Ipswich fan, who thought they were lucky, and that we were by far the best attacking team they’d seen at Portman Rd this season
5 Things About Ipswich on 19:05 - Apr 2 with 1636 views1ASIN12

1) it’s nice to have a ground near the station and the town centre with plenty of pubs within a 10 min walk.

2) If we were at home on a bank holiday 5 pm ko then the pubs in town would have been full of saints fans at mid day. ( no different to any other team)

3) the pub opposite the station was a bit of a dump but very easy to get served . I was amazed how many were queuing up to get served in the outside bar when inside was relatively empty. I put down the queue for the bogs in the pub was due to how many of our fans needed use the cubical ( wonder why) the urinals most of the time empty.

4) they were very gobby after the game.

5) it seemed to take ages to get there and back. Much further then you think and I got home from West Brom for an 8 pm Ko not much later then I got back last night.
5 Things About Ipswich on 19:06 - Apr 2 with 1630 viewsBLEEDRED

5 Things About Ipswich on 18:29 - Apr 2 by Southamptonfan

I stayed in the Waterfront Travelodge (half the price of the Portman Road one !!) Good pubs and food outlets, found a noodle bar hidden down a side street, excellent value.
5 Things About Ipswich on 19:06 - Apr 2 with 1630 viewssaintwizzler

5 Things About Ipswich on 17:39 - Apr 2 by franniesTache

I don’t miss this.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

5 Things About Ipswich on 19:51 - Apr 2 with 1581 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Ipswich on 19:06 - Apr 2 by saintwizzler

I don’t miss this.

One of them decided to call the Ipswich fans inbreds, completely lacking in the self awareness that he had a haircut that wouldn’t look out of place on a homeless friar tuck who’d discovered spice, and a stained yellow replica shirt on.

I actually think 90% of our support these days are the type of people I’d leave a pub if they were in, as they have all the class and intelligence of a breezeblock in a mouldy outhouse
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024