Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry fans 23:15 - Apr 9 with 2158 viewscocklebreath

Thought they were excellent tonight, the 15 minute rendition of twist and shout was fun, I’d love Saints fans to find a catchy song instead of the monotonous oh when the saints every 5 minutes.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Coventry fans on 08:46 - Apr 10 with 1640 viewsManhattan_Lynx

"Football in a library" on repeat for extended periods determines that not to be the case.
Coventry fans on 08:55 - Apr 10 with 1628 viewscocklebreath

Coventry fans on 08:46 - Apr 10 by Manhattan_Lynx

"Football in a library" on repeat for extended periods determines that not to be the case.

They sung it twice at most and they weren’t wrong.
Do the Northam sing anymore? I can see them all stood up but can’t hear a thing from the Itchen and when I’ve been sat in Kingsland I still can’t hear them.

Coventry fans on 09:05 - Apr 10 with 1606 viewsdirk_doone

Coventry fans on 08:55 - Apr 10 by cocklebreath

Do the Northam sing anymore? I can see them all stood up but can’t hear a thing from the Itchen and when I’ve been sat in Kingsland I still can’t hear them.

That's because they're divided into 2 groups in the corners so they get drowned out by the away fans. The Club understandably wants to change this but the nimbies won't have it.
[Post edited 10 Apr 9:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Coventry fans on 09:05 - Apr 10 with 1601 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Other than gesticulating to the adjacent away fans, the Northam's job is to call the opposition keeper a "fat bastard" during goal kicks. Itchen North Rabble are songs.
Coventry fans on 09:17 - Apr 10 with 1567 viewsTripleNiemi

Don’t diss the Northam pal. Had I not have been fumbling around trying to connect to the stadium wi-fi I would have been belting out about Pompey getting battered. You don’t appreciate the withdrawal symptoms being faced because I couldn’t see what the limbs footage was like following our first goal…..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Coventry fans on 09:27 - Apr 10 with 1552 viewseuasabioscummer

They were good but strangely when quieter when they got their goal. Thought they would keep going to force an equaliser. Maybe our players just done their job. As far as our home fans we are not the worst. Likewise no way near the best. Just need some variety and new songs. I notice cov have a good variety. But they are from a musical city. 😬
Coventry fans on 09:43 - Apr 10 with 1535 viewsSaintNick

Coventry fans on 09:05 - Apr 10 by dirk_doone

That's because they're divided into 2 groups in the corners so they get drowned out by the away fans. The Club understandably wants to change this but the nimbies won't have it.
[Post edited 10 Apr 9:07]

That is wrong, last night you had 2,500 Saints fans in the Northam behind the goal and next to them you had 2,000 Coventry fans, who had exactly the same position ie the other half of the Northam.

So logically 2,500 should drown out 2,000 given they have have exactly the same position and acoustics in the stadium.

The fact that the Northam is backed up by another 500-1,000 in the Kingsland corner should make that even more so.

Football grounds are like pubs, it isn't the building that makes a pub it is the people in it, likewise a football ground is about the fans, the Northam End contained 2,000 Coventry fans who were loud and proud and had a big repertoire of songs and we had 2,500 who have 4 songs and need a loud away section to stimulate them to sing.

We creat a wall of red in the Northam I would suggest that with no away fans to respond back to, it will make St Mary's quieter not louder

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Coventry fans on 09:43 - Apr 10 with 1535 views1885_SFC

Coventry fans on 09:27 - Apr 10 by euasabioscummer

They were good but strangely when quieter when they got their goal. Thought they would keep going to force an equaliser. Maybe our players just done their job. As far as our home fans we are not the worst. Likewise no way near the best. Just need some variety and new songs. I notice cov have a good variety. But they are from a musical city. 😬

Yeah, they've got The Specials, The Selecter, SKA, Two-Tone, King to boast about.

We've got Craig David and... erm... ... umm...

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry fans on 09:46 - Apr 10 with 1528 viewsSaintNick

Coventry fans on 09:43 - Apr 10 by 1885_SFC

Yeah, they've got The Specials, The Selecter, SKA, Two-Tone, King to boast about.

The Men They Couldn't hang and Will Champion the drummer out of Coldplay.

Perhaps we could persuade him to set up his kit in the Northam next season

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Coventry fans on 09:54 - Apr 10 with 1507 viewsPatfromPoole

Itchen North was not good at all last night.

Seemed to be something of a resigned air in there, I fear.

I think most in there were expecting Cov to pull it back to 2-2, but didn’t want to help the team over the line. Doesn’t help when so many decide they have to go downstairs in the 40th and 85th minutes.
[Post edited 10 Apr 10:09]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Coventry fans on 09:58 - Apr 10 with 1506 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Coventry fans on 09:43 - Apr 10 by 1885_SFC

The cultural identity of our city and fanbase is more closely defined by Benny Hill. One of our own etc...
Coventry fans on 10:10 - Apr 10 with 1466 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Did everyone forget about Howard Jones?
Coventry fans on 10:53 - Apr 10 with 1421 viewscocklebreath

Coventry fans on 09:43 - Apr 10 by SaintNick

That is wrong, last night you had 2,500 Saints fans in the Northam behind the goal and next to them you had 2,000 Coventry fans, who had exactly the same position ie the other half of the Northam.

So logically 2,500 should drown out 2,000 given they have have exactly the same position and acoustics in the stadium.

The fact that the Northam is backed up by another 500-1,000 in the Kingsland corner should make that even more so.

Football grounds are like pubs, it isn't the building that makes a pub it is the people in it, likewise a football ground is about the fans, the Northam End contained 2,000 Coventry fans who were loud and proud and had a big repertoire of songs and we had 2,500 who have 4 songs and need a loud away section to stimulate them to sing.

We creat a wall of red in the Northam I would suggest that with no away fans to respond back to, it will make St Mary's quieter not louder

For once I agree with everything you say

Coventry fans on 12:38 - Apr 10 with 1287 viewsBLEEDRED

Coventry fans on 10:53 - Apr 10 by cocklebreath

For once I agree with everything you say

Yes I can't even see an extra 3000 fans wanting to move to the Northam, could well be a flop making the stadium quieter.

I received an email about a meeting before the Watford game to update fans of the progress (didn't get picked!)
Coventry fans on 12:40 - Apr 10 with 1284 viewssaint22

Coventry fans on 09:46 - Apr 10 by SaintNick

Please NO not Coldplay that will suck the life out of the ground
Coventry fans on 13:19 - Apr 10 with 1236 viewsgrumpy

Coventry fans on 09:43 - Apr 10 by SaintNick

'We create a wall of red in the Northam I would suggest that with no away fans to respond back to, it will make St Mary's quieter not louder'

Where are they putting the away fans then, West Quay?
Coventry fans on 14:22 - Apr 10 with 1155 viewsfranniesTache

Coventry fans on 08:46 - Apr 10 by Manhattan_Lynx

Not that i want to encourage this sort of thing but if i was a coventry fan i'd absolutely bin that off and replace it with

This ground, is sounding like a ghost ground
(why don't you hear the home fans sing)

This ground, is sounding like a ghost ground
(why don't you hear the home fans sing)
Coventry fans on 14:39 - Apr 10 with 1130 viewskingslandstand1

Coventry fans on 09:46 - Apr 10 by SaintNick

Isn't Will Champion Winchester?
Coventry fans on 16:59 - Apr 10 with 1004 viewsChesham_Saint

Coventry fans on 10:10 - Apr 10 by Manhattan_Lynx

Or...Howard's Way?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Coventry fans on 18:09 - Apr 10 with 921 viewsTripleNiemi

Coventry fans on 10:10 - Apr 10 by Manhattan_Lynx

No one is to blame……….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Coventry fans on 18:17 - Apr 10 with 902 viewscocklebreath

We need a song that can be sung constantly and not get dull, I remember Turkish who no longer posts on here put a clip up of FC United fans singing top of the world by the Carpenters, it sounded great so in saturday I suggest pessimistic Pat belts it out over and over again until everyone else joins in.

Coventry fans on 18:47 - Apr 10 with 876 viewsUTS1885

Why the empty seats in the northam ?
Coventry fans on 18:50 - Apr 10 with 871 viewsBLEEDRED

Coventry fans on 18:47 - Apr 10 by UTS1885

Why the empty seats in the northam ?

Nobody wanted to buy them!!
Coventry fans on 18:55 - Apr 10 with 861 viewsPatfromPoole

Coventry fans on 18:17 - Apr 10 by cocklebreath

We need a song that can be sung constantly and not get dull, I remember Turkish who no longer posts on here put a clip up of FC United fans singing top of the world by the Carpenters, it sounded great so in saturday I suggest pessimistic Pat belts it out over and over again until everyone else joins in.

Nobody sings what I sing 😂😂😂

A few years of trying to get the Romain Perraud song going has told me that….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Coventry fans on 19:05 - Apr 10 with 838 viewsUTS1885

Coventry fans on 18:50 - Apr 10 by BLEEDRED

Nobody wanted to buy them!!

Strange that as most of the block is sold for Watford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024