Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bazanu 19:28 - Apr 13 with 1648 viewsWestEndBoy

Total liability.doesnt Dave anything on target and doesn’t know when to put through his ball through it rather than than 5 yard pass.needs to go asap
Bazanu on 19:43 - Apr 13 with 1608 viewsSouthamptonfan

I agree, he doesn't save anything doesn't he. Hate to be negative on such a momentous day, but Bazunu lets in everything.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Bazanu on 20:13 - Apr 13 with 1533 viewsCity_boy

He was lucky to get away with an 'air' kick as well today, totally missing the ball and having a 2nd go to clear it.

I also thought he could have done better for their 2nd as well.
Bazanu on 20:19 - Apr 13 with 1504 viewskingslandstand1

Bazanu on 19:43 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

I agree, he doesn't save anything doesn't he. Hate to be negative on such a momentous day, but Bazunu lets in everything.

Was it momentous?

Yes, we got the "must win" victory, but by Christ, only just and totally undeserved. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it and the other 3 relevant results def went our way, though Ipswich could have conceded one additional goal to help us, but we did not deserve that and (without reading anything about the game as I write) I'm guessing Watford will feel thoroughly cheated
Bazanu on 20:31 - Apr 13 with 1478 viewssaintmark1976

Bazanu on 20:13 - Apr 13 by City_boy

He was lucky to get away with an 'air' kick as well today, totally missing the ball and having a 2nd go to clear it.

I also thought he could have done better for their 2nd as well.

Churlish to complain after we got out of jail today I appreciate, but it has to be said I’m afraid.

Ultimately he will cost us promotion either automatically or through the playoffs. One of, if not the worst goalkeeper I’ve ever seen between the sticks for the Saints.

He’s ideally suited to play tippy tappy almost in the role of an old fashioned sweeper but in terms of proper keeping ability he simply has none.
Bazanu on 20:44 - Apr 13 with 1441 viewsWestEndBoy

Thank god away goals don’t count in the play offs …. Could be a couple of classics that sky roll out for the next 20 years
Bazanu on 20:55 - Apr 13 with 1404 viewsgrumpy

Great to get 3 points today,
But I am still convinced that the failure in the January transfer window to strengthen our goalkeeper and striker options will cost us promotion.
Still not the end of the world if it happens,the ground improvements will make St. Marys more atmospheric and we would have had to spend a fortune to stay in the premiership.
Bazanu on 20:59 - Apr 13 with 1395 viewsSouthamptonfan

Bazanu on 20:19 - Apr 13 by kingslandstand1

Was it momentous?

Yes, we got the "must win" victory, but by Christ, only just and totally undeserved. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it and the other 3 relevant results def went our way, though Ipswich could have conceded one additional goal to help us, but we did not deserve that and (without reading anything about the game as I write) I'm guessing Watford will feel thoroughly cheated

A 99th minute winner felt momentous. Fans were hugging, singing and highly charged in the streets after the game. We had to win that game and we won it in the last minute. We are right back in with a sniff of automatic promotion, simply because of that one goal. I have a feeling that late late victory will be massive and inspire us to nip into the top 2, but who knows, we shall see. I'm a Saints fan, I'm ready for the disappointment, but we are right back in there.

Bazanu on 21:05 - Apr 13 with 1369 viewsgrumpy

Bazanu on 20:59 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

A 99th minute winner felt momentous. Fans were hugging, singing and highly charged in the streets after the game. We had to win that game and we won it in the last minute. We are right back in with a sniff of automatic promotion, simply because of that one goal. I have a feeling that late late victory will be massive and inspire us to nip into the top 2, but who knows, we shall see. I'm a Saints fan, I'm ready for the disappointment, but we are right back in there.

Absolutely,we're in with a chance that's for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Bazanu on 21:22 - Apr 13 with 1331 viewskingslandstand1

Bazanu on 20:59 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

I was also hugging strangers (well a non ST holder in our row) at that moment and I suppose you could say it was (could be) a season defining moment thinking about it, but we HAVE to beat PNE on tuesday now to make today actually count for something

I just felt exstatic one minute, then still expecting to concede in the 100th minute or something - but that is also being a Saints fan!!

The result almost felt as if we should have given Watford a walk through goal at the end! But having said that, I don't recall seeing that many empty seats in the 96th minute? Or am I dreaming that bit .......

Anyway, UTS!!!!
Bazanu on 21:37 - Apr 13 with 1300 viewsSouthamptonfan

Bazanu on 21:22 - Apr 13 by kingslandstand1

I was also hugging strangers (well a non ST holder in our row) at that moment and I suppose you could say it was (could be) a season defining moment thinking about it, but we HAVE to beat PNE on tuesday now to make today actually count for something

I just felt exstatic one minute, then still expecting to concede in the 100th minute or something - but that is also being a Saints fan!!

The result almost felt as if we should have given Watford a walk through goal at the end! But having said that, I don't recall seeing that many empty seats in the 96th minute? Or am I dreaming that bit .......

Anyway, UTS!!!!

To be honest, like you I was even worried about holding onto the 3 2 at the end
Luckily the ref blew up almost straight away. The number of fans who stormed out at 2 each is disappointing, but we're all different I guess but they missed a wonderful last minute winner. I don't ever leave until the game is over, today being the ultimate reason as to why you should stay till the end.

Preston to me look out of it now. They lost to Norwich today and are 8 points from the play offs now with 3 games to go. Hope I'm not wrong, but Preston will feel it's over now sitting in 10th and 8 points away.

And yes UTS.
[Post edited 13 Apr 21:39]

Bazanu on 23:55 - Apr 13 with 1139 viewsSFC_Referee

But the same can be said for most the outfield players, as the amount of times we gave away the ball, with some appalling passes was something else!
As Bazunu may have been poor over periods this season, and had some games were he certainly was at fault, but todays game wasn’t one of them. As he didn’t pull off any world class saves or such, but he certainly wasn’t at fault for either of their goals ether, so how he’s getting dragged into this after todays game I really can’t understand!?

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Bazanu on 00:39 - Apr 14 with 1096 viewssledger

i thought he was at fault for there 2nd goal,it was a carbon copy of the ipswich one,badly positioned and to slow with the dive,how many times do we see it
Bazanu on 02:12 - Apr 14 with 1063 viewsCenturion

What is the alternative?
Bazanu on 07:52 - Apr 14 with 931 viewsbendybob

For those of us who remember he is up there with Ivan “the cat” Katalinic who played for us in the early 80’s. Head in your hands stuff at times!
Bazanu on 08:35 - Apr 14 with 876 viewsChesham_Saint

Bazanu on 20:31 - Apr 13 by saintmark1976

Churlish to complain after we got out of jail today I appreciate, but it has to be said I’m afraid.

Ultimately he will cost us promotion either automatically or through the playoffs. One of, if not the worst goalkeeper I’ve ever seen between the sticks for the Saints.

He’s ideally suited to play tippy tappy almost in the role of an old fashioned sweeper but in terms of proper keeping ability he simply has none.

The worst? You obviously didn’t see that phoney tvvat Grobbelaar “play” for us then?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Bazanu on 09:55 - Apr 14 with 760 views1teeminants

Bazanu on 19:43 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

Yes it’s very strange for a professional goalkeeper to not get to anything which is put to either side of him when hit at pace. He’s very good at reaction saves but just lets far too many in. It’s not good enough. Great win yesterday though.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Bazanu on 10:37 - Apr 14 with 692 viewssaintmark1976

Bazanu on 08:35 - Apr 14 by Chesham_Saint

The worst? You obviously didn’t see that phoney tvvat Grobbelaar “play” for us then?

Sir, I’ve seen every Saints goalkeeper since 1966 starting with Campbell Forsyth hence I stand by my opinion.

In regards to Bruce I take your point but let’s be honest his mind was perhaps more influenced by results than the art of goalkeeping?
Bazanu on 11:05 - Apr 14 with 665 viewsChesham_Saint

Bazanu on 10:37 - Apr 14 by saintmark1976

Sir, I’ve seen every Saints goalkeeper since 1966 starting with Campbell Forsyth hence I stand by my opinion.

In regards to Bruce I take your point but let’s be honest his mind was perhaps more influenced by results than the art of goalkeeping?

Haha - you top me there! Either way, BG was utter shit...
To be fair though, Baz did pull of fat least one tremendous reflex save yesterday.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Bazanu on 15:14 - Apr 14 with 584 viewssaint22

Bazanu on 09:55 - Apr 14 by 1teeminants

Yes it’s very strange for a professional goalkeeper to not get to anything which is put to either side of him when hit at pace. He’s very good at reaction saves but just lets far too many in. It’s not good enough. Great win yesterday though.

He always seems to get down way after the ball is past him

We should be signing the Rotherham keeper now, if we stick with Baz we will struggle agian next season no matter the league we are in

Now you know why Pep let him leave
Bazanu on 02:00 - Apr 15 with 398 viewssledger

if we had a decent keeper we would be top no bother
Bazanu on 10:19 - Apr 15 with 318 viewsButty101

Bazanu on 10:37 - Apr 14 by saintmark1976

I give you Ian Andrews and Tommy Forepast. Both Much worse than Baz.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024