Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four things from watching the highlights on sky 17:38 - Apr 14 with 1511 viewsButty101

1) the winner was a handball.
2) captain Jack in midfield ,won the free kick that led to the corner and goal.
3) Baz had his now famous shrinking arms for their equalizer . It like as he dives his arm retract into his body .
4) I thought Vicky sparks had an annoying voice. Not a patch on the gruffly woman who commentated on the highlights.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 18:20 - Apr 14 with 1428 viewsBerber

I would add that yet again, we bend over and give the opposition free rein for 30 mins or so. You are going to get shafted if you do that, and the late winner was fortuitous.
Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 18:25 - Apr 14 with 1416 viewsSalisburySaint

One thing I’ve not seen on any highlights is Frasers disallowed goal, from where I was sat it looked onside, and Watford fans I spoke to after game, although complaing about handball for late goal, think it was onside
[Post edited 14 Apr 22:15]
Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 20:09 - Apr 14 with 1323 viewsLondonSaint76

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 18:25 - Apr 14 by SalisburySaint

One thing I’ve not seen on any highlights is Frasers disallowed goal, from where I was sat it looked onside, and Watford fans I spoke to after game, although complaing about handball for late goal, think it was onside

The Fraser goal is on the extended highlights
https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/video/extended-highlights-saints-3-2-watford
Commentator + Dodd not at all sure it was the correct decision. Very tight.
Interesting that it is not on the Watford FC's extended highlights (on YouTube) but on their highlights they have far more of the Saints post match celebrations than on the SFC edit...

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 20:28 - Apr 14 with 1304 viewsUTS1885

We need more game management and be less predictable.
Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 01:58 - Apr 15 with 1073 viewssledger

im not sure whether it was handball or not but was at watford a few years back when there player punched it in so what comes around goes around
Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 04:20 - Apr 15 with 1050 viewsTimSaint

Didn't think it was handball. If you look at the camera angle from behind the goal, you can see his right hand on his marker and his left hand by his side. It looks like the ball comes off his chest - but anyway, who cares, it was given as a goal and we won. If Watford moan, then call it Doucoure pay back. I was at that game and was probably as gutted then, as the Watford fans were on Saturday.

Stephens scored an own goal header, that Baz may have had covered, if Jack hadn't intervened ?
Stephens made a truly piss poor attempt to track back after Kone had initially gone past him and went on to score with ease. Other players guilty here too !!
Stephens is not a midfielder
Why does RM persist with the Mara, awful against Cov and awful again v Watford

TimSaint

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 08:29 - Apr 15 with 924 viewsPatfromPoole

Cov game was the same.

Played well first-half and then collapsed.

You do wonder what he says to them at half-time.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:11 - Apr 15 with 876 viewsSaintNick

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 04:20 - Apr 15 by TimSaint

Didn't think it was handball. If you look at the camera angle from behind the goal, you can see his right hand on his marker and his left hand by his side. It looks like the ball comes off his chest - but anyway, who cares, it was given as a goal and we won. If Watford moan, then call it Doucoure pay back. I was at that game and was probably as gutted then, as the Watford fans were on Saturday.

Stephens scored an own goal header, that Baz may have had covered, if Jack hadn't intervened ?
Stephens made a truly piss poor attempt to track back after Kone had initially gone past him and went on to score with ease. Other players guilty here too !!
Stephens is not a midfielder
Why does RM persist with the Mara, awful against Cov and awful again v Watford

I agree with you Tim, from behind the goal it doesnt look like handball, his left hand doesn't seem to go near to the ball.

I don't think Stephens had a bad game at the back, but he is no midfield player, he can't read the game and is pedestrian, but as you say there were other players to blame.

I don't think we collapsed against either Coventry or Watford, neither side managed to get many attempts on goal and few on target.

What we lacked in both was game management, we have no clear leadership on or off the pitch, other than to keep playing balls along the back, even when the recipient has no outlet and the pass isn't on

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:18 - Apr 15 with 866 viewsPatfromPoole

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:11 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

I agree with you Tim, from behind the goal it doesnt look like handball, his left hand doesn't seem to go near to the ball.

I don't think Stephens had a bad game at the back, but he is no midfield player, he can't read the game and is pedestrian, but as you say there were other players to blame.

I don't think we collapsed against either Coventry or Watford, neither side managed to get many attempts on goal and few on target.

What we lacked in both was game management, we have no clear leadership on or off the pitch, other than to keep playing balls along the back, even when the recipient has no outlet and the pass isn't on

Hang on.

Coventry and Watford both scored in the second-half…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:34 - Apr 15 with 848 viewsSaintNick

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:18 - Apr 15 by PatfromPoole

Hang on.

Letting in a goal isn't a collapse, in both games at times in the second half we were all over the place, but we didn't collapse, we dug in and held on, hence we won both games.

If we had collapsed then we would have lost both games, teams play badly in games and still win them, that was the case in both of these.

It is about game management and we won in spite of our tactics not because of them, luckily we have some good players who can dig in and keep us in the game.

They say the sign of a good team is it wins games when playing badly and the last two games could fall into that category, but in both we hung on in there and played to the final whistle

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:52 - Apr 15 with 824 viewsGRIM

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:18 - Apr 15 by PatfromPoole

Hang on.

The opposition have sussed us out.
They know if they can keep the score down to 2-0 or less in the first half then Ssints capitulate after RM's motivational half time talk.
Opposition are quite happy to let us win the first half because they know that they will win the second half.
Remember it's a game of two halves.
But it was good to see us score in the last minute rather than letting the opposition score.
Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:57 - Apr 15 with 810 viewssaint901

Without VAR it was never going to be handball.

Stephens did NOT "win" a free kick. The defender committed a foul and JS went down very easily.

Overall, I agree with those here that JS should NOT be appearing in midfield. He adds nothing and arguably takes away by failing to track players, failing to pass the ball quickly, failing to be creative.

He is however the golden son of RM at the moment and I'm sure is int he team just so RM can bait us.
Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 19:49 - Apr 15 with 625 viewsGRIM

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:57 - Apr 15 by saint901

Stephens did NOT "win" a free kick. The defender committed a foul and JS went down very easily.

Overall, I agree with those here that JS should NOT be appearing in midfield. He adds nothing and arguably takes away by failing to track players, failing to pass the ball quickly, failing to be creative.

He is however the golden son of RM at the moment and I'm sure is int he team just so RM can bait us.

Correction.
Jack Stephen's should not even be in the team.
Not in any position.
Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 08:52 - Apr 16 with 465 viewskernow

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 18:25 - Apr 14 by SalisburySaint

I was looking along the line from Block 34. He was at least a yard onside when the ball was delivered. Appalling decision by the linesman could have cost us the game.
Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 17:37 - Apr 16 with 356 viewsSFC_Referee

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 09:57 - Apr 15 by saint901

Yeah, as tbf for how crowded it is in the box and how it’s not the AR’s side I’d be quite impressed if any match officials squad can spot that handball without VAR. As it’s 100% a handball, as it clearly hits his hand before the goal is scored, which irrelevant of whether it’s intentional or in a natural position or not etc… means the goal can’t stand.
But like others have stated, one of the last times we went to Vicarage road, you had an even more blatant and intentional one that stood, so what comes around goes around

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 17:38 - Apr 16 with 353 viewsSFC_Referee

Four things from watching the highlights on sky on 08:52 - Apr 16 by kernow

I was looking along the line from Block 34. He was at least a yard onside when the ball was delivered. Appalling decision by the linesman could have cost us the game.

In the Itchen north he did look off, and the replays they’ve released do show that unfortunately he’s just leaning into an offside position which is certainly close, but unfortunately he’s off. But still what’s even more frustrating was how he didn’t even need to be that close for how much space he had behind him and how none of their defenders were even that close to him

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024