Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? 20:58 - Apr 26 with 1463 viewsPatfromPoole

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 1119 viewsPatfromPoole

Held off from voting on this until this morning.

But confidence looks utterly shot.

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 1052 viewsIfonly

Strictly speaking, yes we can. Do I think we will? No.

I'd say the odds are now 20 to 25%. Playoffs are pretty random with a slight edge for the best team.
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 11:06 - Apr 28 with 1006 viewsTripleNiemi

Absolutely we can win the play offs. Will we is another matter entirely….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 11:13 - Apr 28 with 1000 viewsSouthamptonfan

Not a clue whether we will or won't. If we play like we have been recently, not a chance. If we play like we know we can and are at it, which you would expect in these big games, we are a good side on our day and could do it.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 11:39 - Apr 28 with 956 viewsBazza

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 11:13 - Apr 28 by Southamptonfan

Not a clue whether we will or won't. If we play like we have been recently, not a chance. If we play like we know we can and are at it, which you would expect in these big games, we are a good side on our day and could do it.

Seems likely that the players and manager have worked out most are not good enough for the Premiership and will have to be replaced if we achieve promotion so they have little incentive to make any effort.
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 11:54 - Apr 28 with 920 viewsGRIM

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 11:39 - Apr 28 by Bazza

Seems likely that the players and manager have worked out most are not good enough for the Premiership and will have to be replaced if we achieve promotion so they have little incentive to make any effort.

I said this on a previous post.
The loanees are not bothered if we do or if we don't get promoted because at end of season they will go back to their parent Premier lge clubs.
Our players proved last season that they weren't good enough for Premier lge so they will have to be replaced if we get there.
It's in their best interests to stay playing in the Championship.
That's why there's a total lack of effort & commitment.
Leicester + Leeds × Ipswich don't have a loanee between them (correct me if I'm wrong) so they don't rely on loanees hence they have an incentive to go up.
A lot of Leicester & Leeds players are good enough to play in Premier lge.
I can't think of any of our players that are good enough to play in Premier lge.
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 12:12 - Apr 28 with 888 viewsSaintcole7

As of now the stats are 66% no and 34% yes so ironically that matches our possession style so no confidence in us "fighting" to get up, still don't think RM has a clue what his best team is and which of the fringe players are worth while as he's still giving them chance after chance yet all around him can see they are not up to it? Also, if we do get to Wembley the bigger pitch will tire us even earlier than our norm!
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 12:47 - Apr 28 with 849 viewsChesham_Saint

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 12:12 - Apr 28 by Saintcole7

As of now the stats are 66% no and 34% yes so ironically that matches our possession style so no confidence in us "fighting" to get up, still don't think RM has a clue what his best team is and which of the fringe players are worth while as he's still giving them chance after chance yet all around him can see they are not up to it? Also, if we do get to Wembley the bigger pitch will tire us even earlier than our norm!

Yes we could go up, but after yesterday's effort I seriously doubt it. Even if we did, with the way we play we'd get absolutely caned every week - so what would be the point??

As for Russell Martin, the sooner he fvcks off the better, I loathe the man.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 12:59 - Apr 28 with 837 viewsIfonly

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 11:54 - Apr 28 by GRIM

The loanees are not bothered if we do or if we don't get promoted because at end of season they will go back to their parent Premier lge clubs.
Our players proved last season that they weren't good enough for Premier lge so they will have to be replaced if we get there.
Leicester + Leeds × Ipswich don't have a loanee between them (correct me if I'm wrong) so they don't rely on loanees hence they have an incentive to go up.
I can't think of any of our players that are good enough to play in Premier lge.

I don't think it's a problem having a lot of loanees. It puts them in the shop window so they want to play and do well. Burnley had a lot of loanees last year.

They may not be playing that way at the moment for various reasons, but these are good enough for the PL, if nothing else then as squad players: KWP, THB, Jan B, FD, Fraser, Brooks, Carlos Alcaraz and Perraud.
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 13:21 - Apr 28 with 815 viewssledger

momentum is a wonderful thing,we have none going into the playoffs
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 13:33 - Apr 28 with 797 viewsPatfromPoole

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 11:54 - Apr 28 by GRIM

Ipswich have Kieffer Moore on loan from Boscombe and Omari Hutchinson on loan from Chelsea; they have made notable impacts.

Leeds’ best defender Rodon is on loan from Spurs.

TBF Our loan players have saved our season. Though Brooks is increasingly looking an expensive disaster, which I have to admit I couldn’t see being the case.

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 13:45 - Apr 28 with 781 viewssledger

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 13:33 - Apr 28 by PatfromPoole

Ipswich have Kieffer Moore on loan from Boscombe and Omari Hutchinson on loan from Chelsea; they have made notable impacts.

Leeds’ best defender Rodon is on loan from Spurs.

TBF Our loan players have saved our season. Though Brooks is increasingly looking an expensive disaster, which I have to admit I couldn’t see being the case.

i think we misuse brooks,hes wasted on the wing he just gets clogged,i would play him centrally behind the striker/s similar to what stuart armstrong does,much more likely to effect the game
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 13:47 - Apr 28 with 778 viewsGRIM

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 12:59 - Apr 28 by Ifonly

I don't think it's a problem having a lot of loanees. It puts them in the shop window so they want to play and do well. Burnley had a lot of loanees last year.

They may not be playing that way at the moment for various reasons, but these are good enough for the PL, if nothing else then as squad players: KWP, THB, Jan B, FD, Fraser, Brooks, Carlos Alcaraz and Perraud.

Disagree with your list of players good enough to play in Premier lge.
KWP OK going forward but totally useless defensively. If he was good enough a Premier Club would have snapped him up by now.(he might go to a Premier Club at end of season but very soon get found out defensively.)
TBH is not our player Man City will decide his future.
Jan B had a torrid spell at Villa , couldn't get a game, that's why he came back to us.
FD same as THB he's not ours & West Ham will decide his future.
Neither Fraser or Brookes could get games at their parent clubs, just came to us for game time.
As for Alcaraz the Jury is still out on him only time will tell.
Perraud possibly get a game in a poor Premier side ( but he would be a massive improvement on Manning for us).
[Post edited 28 Apr 13:49]
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 761 views1885_SFC

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 13:45 - Apr 28 by sledger

i think we misuse brooks,hes wasted on the wing he just gets clogged,i would play him centrally behind the striker/s similar to what stuart armstrong does,much more likely to effect the game

I'd do the same. Unfortunately, RM is a stubborn git who won't change anything & won't take advice from anyone - especially when things aren't working...like now.

Old School is Cool

Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 10:17 - Apr 29 with 497 viewskernow

It’s possible but not very likely is it!
Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season? on 15:24 - Apr 29 with 403 viewsSFC_Referee

Playoffs are unpredictable, and therefore us winning them ain’t completely out of the picture, as at least we can/have been resting players for a fortnight before them, whilst no other teams been able to do that

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024