Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 507931 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:03 - Jul 15 with 4644 viewsEastR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:45 - Jul 15 by Tonto

I suspect not too many will agree with me but if both Arnstrong and Dykes go, it will be Dykes we miss the most.

We have been waiting for Armstrong to make the step up for 2 years now. Judging by the pre season friendly highlights he still has all the poise of a 4 year old one sugar high in front of goal. All the pace and power you could want, but not a footballing brain.

If we can get money for either, I wouldn't turn it down though.

Agree. I think we will loan in a striker and Armstrong will go out on loan somewhere

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:39 - Jul 15 with 4425 viewsdmm

If Blackburn really are interested in Dykes, John Eustace should have a good idea of what they're getting.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:47 - Jul 15 with 4383 viewsQPR_Jim

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:45 - Jul 15 by Tonto

I suspect not too many will agree with me but if both Arnstrong and Dykes go, it will be Dykes we miss the most.

We have been waiting for Armstrong to make the step up for 2 years now. Judging by the pre season friendly highlights he still has all the poise of a 4 year old one sugar high in front of goal. All the pace and power you could want, but not a footballing brain.

If we can get money for either, I wouldn't turn it down though.

Completely disagree, I don't think we'll miss either of them.

We need new strikers and in order to do that we need to get some money for our existing strikers. Neither score regularly so I expect a half decent striker will have us soon forgetting about Dykes.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:05 - Jul 15 with 4235 viewsHayesender

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:09 - Jul 15 with 4174 viewsaston_hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:05 - Jul 15 by Hayesender

Unfortunately think there is legs in this, was told earlier this was happening

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:10 - Jul 15 with 4170 viewstkqpr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:59 - Jul 15 by DavieQPR

True. At the moment Blackburn have had to get a bridging loan to pay their suppliers. Where they are going to get £1.7m from is any ones guess.

When they sell Sammy Szmodics 🤞
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:12 - Jul 15 with 4138 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:09 - Jul 15 by aston_hoop

Unfortunately think there is legs in this, was told earlier this was happening

I think Armstrong is in the last year of his contract; sell him. If Dykes goes as well, that leaves us with Frey and Kolli, but with funds to buy a couple more forwards. You never know one of those newbies may score more than 10 goals in a season.

For me Kolli has more potential than Armstrong, as Armstrong is more of winger in my view.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:15 - Jul 15 with 4112 viewsaston_hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:12 - Jul 15 by LazyFan

I think Armstrong is in the last year of his contract; sell him. If Dykes goes as well, that leaves us with Frey and Kolli, but with funds to buy a couple more forwards. You never know one of those newbies may score more than 10 goals in a season.

For me Kolli has more potential than Armstrong, as Armstrong is more of winger in my view.

I'd prefer not to lose Armstrong to a divisional rival to be honest, but apparently his agent is not the greatest and has been pushing a move for too long now

We were linked with a French striker called Simon Elisor a few weeks back, I wonder if that was legit and we'll move funds towards that

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:24 - Jul 15 with 4033 viewsPdog

How much we reckon for Armstrong.. £750,000 - £1.5m?
[Post edited 15 Jul 19:27]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:27 - Jul 15 with 3995 viewsJevlar

If his agent is engineering a move, then let him.
Much better to have people that want to stay at the club
3 goals in 60 games is a poor return (even if he is still developing)

If he does go though, we need to replace his speed, which has been a useful asset from the bench..
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:29 - Jul 15 with 3970 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:05 - Jul 15 by Hayesender

Fantastic if we can sell him. Not seen anything to suggest he is going to hit 20+ goals a season.
Bristol City, not exactly a Premier League club.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:30 - Jul 15 with 3952 viewstkqpr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:24 - Jul 15 by Pdog

Its a great question Pdog...... its got to be £1m+ with addons hasn't it?

Depends what they got lined up to replace him with, how much cash do we need right now?

You dont get a cheap young striker nowadays with bags of potential.... or do you??
[Post edited 15 Jul 19:31]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:32 - Jul 15 with 3926 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:24 - Jul 15 by Pdog

As is the current vogue, there is a fee and then there are the many potential clauses that can be negotiated.

With Eze, it was easy: we all knew he had bags of potential to go very far! However, I'm in the unconvinced by Forest Gump camp, and so I would be tempted to get as much cash up front as I could.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:32 - Jul 15 with 3923 viewsLoft1979

Thanks for putting the rumor mill fodder out there. While some of the fodder is conjecture, I am amazed that in this current Era how often these rumors end up as deals. with the Kilman deal getting done and Guehi deal going through JCS to Wolves or CP looks very probable. QPR asking 10M and I think likely to get given the haul each of the Prem teams are getting for their player.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:45 - Jul 15 with 3808 viewsdmm

Just to point out again, Kolli isn't a striker. He's an inverted left sided attacker or a no 10.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:55 - Jul 15 with 3681 viewsaston_hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:45 - Jul 15 by dmm

Just to point out again, Kolli isn't a striker. He's an inverted left sided attacker or a no 10.

While I do also think he is probably better in that position, he considers himself to be a number 9 according to interviews

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:59 - Jul 15 with 3656 viewsHAYESBOY

The only reason I can see the Bristol City transfer for Armstrong go though is if he will not sign another deal. He is still only 20. IMO there is potential there. His physicality and pace is an asset.
I would be disappointed if he goes.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:01 - Jul 15 with 3623 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:55 - Jul 15 by aston_hoop

While I do also think he is probably better in that position, he considers himself to be a number 9 according to interviews

Interesting as I've never seen him play in the striker role and sites like transfermarket don't have him as a no 9.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:09 - Jul 15 with 3542 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:59 - Jul 15 by HAYESBOY

The only reason I can see the Bristol City transfer for Armstrong go though is if he will not sign another deal. He is still only 20. IMO there is potential there. His physicality and pace is an asset.

If he's asking for far more than we're prepared to offer then I'll be quite happy to get Sinclair out now and get something for him.

I've enjoyed watching him but he's got a long, long way to go to be Championship standard. I just don't see him having a breakthrough season this year so fair enough - sell
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:36 - Jul 15 with 3289 views89_50

I did wonder for a moment whether we were trying to gather some pennies together so that Marti could plunder Hammarby for Jusef Erabi, as he's supposedly quite good and wouldn't cost the earth. Recently(ish) back from injury as well.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:47 - Jul 15 with 3187 viewshantssi

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:45 - Jul 15 by dmm

I know I’m getting (am!) old but what on earth does all that mean?!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:17 - Jul 15 with 2920 viewsLblock

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:59 - Jul 15 by HAYESBOY

Concur.

However, I do feel he's behind where he should be in his career.

Maybe the club are at fault there as clearly he should've been out on loan somewhere starting regularly but we clearly needed him.
You cannot question his pace, his energy, his physicality and his passion.
What needs work is his finishing, his decision making, his heading and his temperament --- the big question is can those be coached into him? Maybe the decision making, maybe the temperament and quite possibly the decision making but shooting... I think you either have that or you don't but who knows?

The mad thing is he's only one purple patch in front of goal away from being a £5mill player + add on's
That sounds mental but that is modern day football.
Start the season terrorising WBA centre backs, nick a couple of goals, kick on and his Agent sniffing out bigger clubs will get some interest and he can go for a multi million Fee and it'll be job done for the club.

If he leaves I'll be sad to see him go as there's every chance he could rip it up but equally he might not.
Key here is the Fee then - if we're talking £1.7Mill for Dykes then Sincs easily more than that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:29 - Jul 15 with 2793 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:17 - Jul 15 by Lblock

Concur.

However, I do feel he's behind where he should be in his career.

Maybe the club are at fault there as clearly he should've been out on loan somewhere starting regularly but we clearly needed him.
You cannot question his pace, his energy, his physicality and his passion.
What needs work is his finishing, his decision making, his heading and his temperament --- the big question is can those be coached into him? Maybe the decision making, maybe the temperament and quite possibly the decision making but shooting... I think you either have that or you don't but who knows?

The mad thing is he's only one purple patch in front of goal away from being a £5mill player + add on's
That sounds mental but that is modern day football.
Start the season terrorising WBA centre backs, nick a couple of goals, kick on and his Agent sniffing out bigger clubs will get some interest and he can go for a multi million Fee and it'll be job done for the club.

If he leaves I'll be sad to see him go as there's every chance he could rip it up but equally he might not.
Key here is the Fee then - if we're talking £1.7Mill for Dykes then Sincs easily more than that.

I think he's only here because we took up the one year option. He won't sign, so we have to take any reasonable offer.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:32 - Jul 15 with 2768 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:47 - Jul 15 by hantssi

I think it's inside forward?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:51 - Jul 15 with 2555 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:47 - Jul 15 by hantssi

You know, the position Chair plays - a right footed forward who plays on the left.

And, you must know what a no 10 is. You're a QPR supporter!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024